Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies"

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies" - Page 21 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:41 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg looks at the others and grumbles, "Sures day says ... 'ere ... eat dis an' fattens up so we muckers kin eat ye's. Me not sure 'bouts dinin' w' da muckerfolks. But me be an hungers."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies" - Page 21 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Swifthand wrote:"Regardless, there was no way we were fighting our way out of that...we were easily outnumbered 4 to 1. Plus, I think there is a piece of Alex's mystery here, waiting for us to uncover it."

I pick at some food.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Malazek wrote:OOC: BTW, I am counting the recent negotiation and surrender as a (level 5, complexity 3) skill challenge.
That's 200 XPs each (bringing everyone to a total of 2326 ... enough for 3rd level).

If you're curious about which rolls counted towards the SC, here they are ...
+ Diplomacy 26 (Verity) vs. TN 20
x Insight 17 (Verity) vs. TN 20
+ Insight 20 (Vangg) vs. TN 20
+ Perception 22 (Davin) vs. TN 20
+ Diplomacy 28 (Verity) vs. TN 20
+ Perception 31 (Davin) vs. TN 20
+ Intelligence 24 (Alex) vs. TN 20
+ Insight 25 (Vangg) vs. TN 20
+ Insight 23 (Alex) vs. TN 20

Levelling up to 3rd is easy: You get the HP determined by your class and a 3rd level attack power.

Continue to Role-play. I'll be back with more later
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Sundown wrote:"Ahh , mysteries , im sure their are plenty of those in the Malbog, treasure too..ha , if you get your ritual to work Alex , ask them if they have any shinies they are in no need of."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:"Good thinks Kardan. Me 'ope we finds what ye seek ... 'ow many o' ye kind still walks da lands whence ye came, Alex?"

Vangg some of the food into his pouch but doesn't eat it.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Halcyon wrote:To Alex, "What is this mystery you seek to unravel water-mancer?"
Then he fills a plate (heavy on the spotted truffles) and enthusiastically tucks in.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex tucks into the offered food, attempting to look as thankful as possible, and turning those thanks simply into the words of the only languages he knows, both Primordial, and Common.

He answers the questions of his companions.

"The magic I use is a rare one Verity. Aquamancy runs in the blood of chosen members of any population. Over the last century however the number of children born with the power required in Imil from where I hail has declined to a stop. I was the last and I turn twenty soon. So I, and many others of my tribe left to search out others of our kind, as there has been no contact for quite some time from anywhere...living in usually out of the way places though it isn't quite unexpected...but it's been years. To make matters worse, our powers are weakening...although, I must say mine appear to be getting stronger since I started these adventures.
When I left a number of us remained Vanng, Imil was once regarded as the centre for academic aquamancy, although there were larger fortifications much more distant. I would say there are only five thousand of us left at Imil, and possibly fewer than five hundered mages left."

After dinner Alex clears his throat, and asks the group to give him some space.

DM EDIT: Just to be clear, the Lizardmen and the Mystic weren't there while you were eating.
So, nobody was there to witness the charades ... atleast not right away.
So, I moved the last part of your post to after they come back (to avoid confusion)
DM wrote:The tribe leads you and your horses to a large wooden lodge at the far end of the camp. Several of the lizardfolk come in behind you with clay bowls full of smoked fish, unfamiliar greens, and spotted truffles. Along side it they set two clay caraffes; one filled with clear water and the other with a strange milky substance. Quietly they leave. And you're alone. Aside from the call of a lone bullfrog, the night is silent.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:After about an hour, you hear draconic voices outside. The pelt drape serving as a door swings aside as the mystic walks in. You see two hulking lizardman bodyguards waiting outside.

As the mystic walks in, Alex does this:
Alex wrote:He crosses his legs and closes his eyes, in a meditative posture, and then mimes placing things at four corners of the compass, and drawing a circle around the invisible items. Hoping Davin's idea will work. He looks at the mystic hopefully.

The Mystic smiles, and sits opposite the circle from Alex. He reaches into his satchel and pulls out a large leatherbound tomb. The pages have all suffered water-damage and separated from the spine; forming more of a pile than a reem. The cover itself is worn, but otherwise still functionable. On the cover, the faded images of the Ondine and the Undine - a pair that once stood as the symbol for the Tower of Hydrology ... that is, before it's mysterious dissappearance ages ago. Imil scholars have long speculated that the tower stood in the center of the fabled city of Anin; but like the tower itself, Anin's exact location has remained a mystery for centuries ... many common Imilites believe that Anin's location was in a desert; but the scholars discreditted the notion. Some even hoped you would find it on your journey to the Malbog.

Pushing the book toward Alex, the Mystic says clearly "Myne", before pointing a taloned digit toward your backpack. Before you respond, he reaches into his satchel again, and pulls out several leather packets, and half dozen clay bowls. "Ryaal" he says. From the satchels and bowls, he produces powdered metals, rare earths, acids, salts, and various animal extracts; and begins placing them in the designated corners of Alex's circle.

Alex recognizes these alchemical reagents as the material components for the Comprehend Language ritual.
When he finishes placing the materials, the Mystic says "Yy da."

The mystic waits for Alex to perform the ritual, but is more than willing to help.
The Mystic Aids; giving Alex a +2 to his Arcana roll.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg also aids in the ritual giving Alex another +2.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Sundown wrote:"I hope this works , ask them if they have any salt for the bland fish when they can understand you Alex.

O.O.C. - I couldnt resist. If i can aid without being trained i also do so , but nm , 7 on the die.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:45 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex's eyes widen. Answers are near. But first the gruelling task of performing the ritual.

He leafs through the book, hoping to see either common text or the lizardman script, either way, he places the book to the side and scoops up the materials in his arms. Taking them to place where he has space enough.

As Kardan steps forward he smiles. "Take this bowl" He hands him a bowl, filling it with dark green powder that sparkles and gives off an acidic stench that latches onto the back of the throat, making Kardan feel like he wants to sneeze but is unable. "And this crystal" He hands him a polished Jade stone. "Attune yourself to the crystal. Place the bowl there." He points to the area directly in front of him. "And when I say, place the crystal immediately in the bowl and leave it there. Then follow the rest of my instructions."

He passes the Marsh Mystic an oil burner and a pot of oils, presuming he knows what to do, he ushers him to the right.

"Vanng. Can you take the south?" He turns around and hands him a candle and a red bowl.

"Right...erm, I'll take the west and lead the ritual. Everyone ready? Could the rest of you step back please?"

He takes his spellbook out of his backpack and opens it at a particular page, setting it against his pile of components in the centre of the circle beffore adding a bowl of water to the west point of the compass. He sits crosslegged for a while, chanting various words from his spellbook, and then takes a piece of chalk and draws a circle around the three helpers and the empty west slot. The yellow chalk staining the floor begins to glow as he completes it. Alex stops his chanting, moves to his bowl of water, and points to Kardan.

As Kardan puts the crystal he believes he has attuned to himself (without knowing how, no doubt) in the acid, it instantly liquifies, forming a shiny green liquid. Alex then points to the Mystic, who lights the candle under his burner, and adds some powder to the oil already in place. The room fills with the calming sent of jasmine, ensnaring the mind and causing everyone to breathe much deeper. He points to Vanng, who places his red candle in a bowl and lights it, it burns with surprising speed. Then he himself adds some blue powder to his bowl of water. The glow of the ring intensifies.

"Ok. Kardan, you need to draw this symbol and keep drawing it. Pick up the bowl and wet your finger with the fluid, draw it in the air. It will leave a glowing trail. Don't let the fluid on your finger become too dry." Alex steps to the centre of the circle, and starts to chant again. He picks up his spellbook and indicates a rather complex drawing of a symbol. Alex can't stop to help Kardan, who just tries his best.

Alex moves to the east, and wordlessly points to the next symbol, but the Mystic has already started.

Vanng dips his finger into the pool of wax that is now the candle, he finds it oddly fluid. He begins to draw the symbol Alex shows him as he makes his way around to the south.

Reaching his spot on the west. Alex simply holds his palm out, minor reflex movements causing his own blue water to rise from the bowl and trace his symbol in the air. He closes his eyes, and the water continues. Leaving him free to move back to the centre and start chanting once more.

As the ritual carries on Kardans arm starts to get tired. He continually traces the same symbol in the air before him. It hangs, trails of glowing green light. The mystic's symbol glows yellow, Vanng's red, and Alex's self-moving water trail glows blue.

Alex stops chanting. Closing his eyes slowly, When he opens them they glow ghostly white, like the halo of light surrounding the moon. The four symbol hang in the air as they are continually replenished. "Move to your left. keep drawing."

Alex ignores the others, he takes up chalk and begins to draw his own symbols in white. Kardan watches the Mystic, eyes closed, dipping his finger into his oil burner and continue to draw as he circles towards Vanng. Vanng circles left as Alex's floating water does the same, and Kardan follows suit.

A complex diagram is soon generated before Alex. Kardan and each of those drawing sigils while Alex resumes a chant, the words almost rising to a shout. His water drawn symbol quickens in its drawing, racing towards where Kardan once stood. Vanng and the Mystic begin to shift faster too, as does Kardan, although, his symbol is getting a little shakey and broken, and he's starting to wonder whether it even resembles anything close to the symbol Alex showed him in the first place.

Alex's water finally connects with the first line of Kardan's symbol. Vanng links his to the blue imprint Alex's self-moving water has left, linking it cleanly. The Mystic is next and finally Kardan. The circle complete, Alex slumps forwards, his eyes no longer aglow. The glow of the chalk circle- mighty golden like an angels halo- lingers in the air, along with the band of script in Green, Yellow, Red and Blue. They flicker, and then the symbols flood to the centre, straight onto Alex's head. Alex's drawing dissolves from in front of him, ash littering the floor.

Alex opens his eyes, looking at the Mystic. The four symbols have appeared in a circle on his forehead. "Kamdrat" He says.

He turns to the group. "The symbols will fade, one after a quarter of a day. This time tomorrow I won't be able to speak to them anymore. Right. Questions."

"Thank you for the components, and your help. Now please, tell me everything..."

------------------
Arcana: 28
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Simply awesome, magic. Wink

Completely out of his depths, Davin whispers a prayer to Melora and quietly tries to disappear in the corner of the cabin as the strange arcane ritual goes on.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Malazek wrote:"Adryyng?" The mystic begins. To the rest of the party, he continues in the same Draconic speech. To Alex, however, the words are as clear as the common tongue ...

Remember, only Alex understands this.

"Everything?" he begins. "Where should I begin?

(OOC: I assume Alex prods him for imfornation about the Water-benders. I shall precede as if he did).

"Eleventy-one generations ago, my forefather's lived in a swamp south of here. North of us was a great barren land, kept dry by the dragon gods, as a punishment for the sins of Ekanarad (a medicine man from our ancient past; the ancestor of all lizardfolk, who caused the split between our kind and the Dragonborn).

But eleventy-one generations ago, my ancestor Rakad IV travelled to the Pyry Mound, and convinced Dramydas the Black (one of the dragon gods) to forgive the people, and give us back the barren lands. Dramydas destroyed the Pyry Mound, allowing the sea to flood into the Barren Lands. And after that, the Lizardfolk moved north, and occupied the Bountiful Bog.

But little did we know, the Humans had built a new city in the Barren Lands; a city known as Anin. The flood destroyed the city and most of the pople who lived there. It was a tragedy; a great accident.

But some few survived. One survivor, a woman named Lexis, was a water-bender. She was young and innocent when we found her wandering the bog. After that, she lived with us for a hundred generations, teaching the art of aquamancy to a select few.

During that time, the Elves built a new city on the ruins of Anin, and called it Talth'Anin in honor of the much older city. Many times, Lexis visitted Talth'Anin, in hope of finding more Water-benders. But they never came.

Then, one fateful day, eleven generations ago, a hunting party encountered a band Aqueus Templars, led my a lone Aquamancer. They rushed back to find Lexis, and led her to the camp of her brethren. When they arrived, however, the camp was destroyed, and her kinsmen missing. Our trackers knew from the signs that they had been killed by Chopper (a giant crocodile who once prowled these swamps). They followed the tracks anyway, but found only corpses.

The hunting party brought the remnants of the campsite back to the village, and over the course of many years, Lexis studied the relics. Then, suddenly, when I was just a hatchling, she left us. She took only her personal possessions, and one small trinket from the reliquary: a tiny mirror.

Though she never returned, my family has preserved the art; an art which has earned us great respect among our tribesmen. Some have demanded more loyalty than even the chieftan.

But here, let us share our knowledge. Allow me to copy some of your rituals, and you and your friends can copy as many of mine as you have time for."

Flipping through the pages of his book, you see that he has the following rituals: Animal Messenger, Silence, Endure Elements, Eye of Alarm, Water Walk, Traveler's Feast, Brew Potion, Commune with Nature, and Cure Disease. It'll take approximately 8 man-hours to copy one ritual.

OOC: 250 XPs each (for the Minor Quest: Find out what happened to the Waterbending civilization in this area)
... that brings everyone to 2576.
(But obviously, there's still more mystery about this to discover)

OOC: Everyone hasn't updated their character sheets, yet. I don't want to leave the village until everyone is updated to 3rd level, and all of their magic gear is represented on their character sheets.

Also, Alex notices something about the story doesn't make sense (Passive History: 21): according to his story, the Elves moved here after Anin fell; but supposedly, they Elves occupied this area during the Great War.* It seems unlikely that that Anin predates the Great War, and even more unlikely that it stood during the Great War. Something is out of sequence here.

*Between Arkhosia and Bael Turath.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: I'm showing 2576 with 250 more xps ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis did take the time to eat some of the food during this, enjoying especially the caps and stems
of the spotted truffles. Suddenly he jumps up and says to Alex, "Ask him about the hags, all
of them, even Agatha. Oh, and tell him I'd like my sword back."
Unable to understand what is being said,
Straegis turns to Davin and says in Elven, "Ti mar bel vens sliven mas ha rel yoppe bim a gan? Op
sens..."
("Are these the same lizardmen that you all said attacked before I met you? If so...") Switching back
to common he says, slightly louder "Please explain to me why we are trusting them now."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Malazek wrote:Several times during the Mystic's story, Davin hears mention of "Talthanin."

Several times during the Mystic's story, Straegis II hears mention of the word "Talth" ...
... it could be a coincidence, but the Cairn ó Talth is the name of the mound which you used to crossover from the Feywild.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:From the shadows in the corner I reply to Straegis.

"Serith a lonien ren, hath anon tomathin dierim." (I don't trust them, I just see no other choice.)

Then I continue in common.

"There are many lizardman tribes in these parts. In my travels scouting the bog, I have found signs of warring between them. They obviously fight amongst themselves - perhaps this is a different, friendly tribe."

I pause for a moment.

"Or perhaps they just don't know it was us that killed their kinsman."

Saying this, I push my lizardman hunting horn down to the bottom of my pack...

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:“Allow me to translate for my friends. Thank you very much for the components for the ritual, and the history of the waterbenders. I am a lone waterbender, much like Lexis, seeking others of my kind. I am so pleased to have met others with abilities like mine. On behalf of Aquamancers everywhere, I thank you for maintaining our traditions.”

Alex spins around and tells the group what he has been told.

“This land, pre-malbog, was kept dry by the dragon gods until an emissary, I presume, convinced one of the gods otherwise at the Pyry mound, the Pyry mount was destroyed and water flooded over the barren lands, destroying a city the lizardfolk did not know existed. A human city; Anin.
“Some survived the flood, most importantly a woman named Lexis, a water-bender. She lived with the lizardfolk, and taught the Water Magic to a ‘select few’ – presumably those of the lizardfolk born with the blood magic, but, that’s just a presumption.”
“That seems to be the only thing of note until one incident. A hunting party came –and this is a long time ago, eleven of the lizardmens generations; they were the Aqueus Templars, those knights sworn to protect waterbenders. The hunting party didn’t attack the Templars -much like they didn’t attack us- and left them in their camp to go and fetch Lexis. But when they returned with her, the camp was destroyed, the Templars gone. Chopper had killed them all, Chopper being an ancestor -although much more powerful I presume- of the beasts we faced.”
“Lexis studied the remains of the campsite, and then left, just before this erm, man, was born.” He gestures to the mystic “She didn’t take the relics however, just a tiny mirror.”
“Although she hasn’t returned, this generation this…mans family have preserved the art of waterbending among the lizardfolk. He offers me to copy any of the rituals he has in his scriptures. Yet there is more.”
Alex looks to the floor for a moment, his furrowing brow creasing the symbols on his forehead. “Elves built a city on the ruins of Anin, and called it Talth’Anin. Lexis visited Talth’Anin, but never found any more Aquamancers. However that would mean Elves were here after Anin fell, which was supposedly only ‘eleventy-one’ generations ago: after the great war. I always though elves already occupied this area during the great war though, and Anin was the home of humans, not elves. So that doesn’t add up. Another problem is that Lexis was a human, but, eleventy-one generations sounds like a lot, and for Lexis to survive such an existence…I don’t know. There remain a few questions for me to ask before I get this clear. If any of you have any questions, please tell me and I will translate.” He taps the symbols staining his pale skin.

He turns to the lizardman. ”How long is one of your generations? In cycles of the four seasons, or circles of the stars?”

”May I see the relics you have from the campsite, if Lexis left them?” (If yes, would he allow me to take them, either as a gift, in exchange for something, or in return for a service)

”Tell me about the powers of Lexis, for I imagine they were great. What did she look like? Do you know where she has gone?”

”Could you give me directions to Talth’Arin?”

”Have the water-bending powers of the last generation faded at all? From where I hail, those born with the ability to perform the magic have decreased greatly in number. I was the last. Also, even the mages that are already masters have been affected, their powers weakening. Has this happened to you? Did it happen to Lexis? Is that why she left?”

He ignores the questions of Straegis, but sifts through the remaining components from the ritual, settling his eyes on a packet and tossing it to Kardan. “This is salt, but I am loath to give it to you, it may be hard for them to find. May I give this to my friend, he has little taste for fish, poor soul.” Alex smiles.

”Do you know anything about Hags infesting the Malbog; named Mika and Agatha? Have they harmed your tribe at all? Or any enchanted monsters? What about a temple to the Raven Queen, involving a Goblin? Me and my companions have destroyed the Hag Mika, but Agatha remains, although she is peaceful, she wears the visage of an old woman.”

”Why didn’t you attack us when we came in sight, and what did you say to me at the time?”

”Are their other Lizardfolk tribes in the are? Are they hostile towards you?”

”Is there anything I, or we, can do for you. You are welcome to copy rituals from my book too” He picks up his spellbook, showing the pages of each ritual as he speaks them ”I know Language Comprehension, a floating disk to carry what would weaken the arms, and a ritual to fix things. I would also be thrilled to assist you in the ways of Aquamancy, as I know much of its Lore, and listen to anything you know that I might not.”

”Do you have more ritual components? Would it be possible to trade with you for something. I have some gold, but I don’t think we have much that would be of use to you.”

”I see you have the Animal Messenger ritual, have you ever sent a message to Lexis in this way?”

Alex will translate both the questions and the answers should the lizardman give him. Then he addresses the group again. “Oh. That reminds me. He kindly offers rituals to be copied. They are many and great. One will enslave the mind of a creature to deliver a message to someone, but the skill of the caster will limit how long the animal will be under control. The Silence ritual wards an area of sound. There is a ritual to steel the bodies of allies against the ravages of the elements. A ritual to allow Water to be treaded upon with ease -much like my boots. A ritual to transmogrify the materials into food, although I don’t know if it would feed us all. Another ritual will allow me to turn the components into a healing potion, but I doubt I’ll be able to master that one for a while, although I could still copy it. Another removes the ravages of disease from the body, but I couldn’t perform it without significant risk to the subject of the spell. Lastly, Eye of Alarm will ward a room for us, informing the caster if someone enters the area. Each ritual will take about eight hours for me, or, anyone else with a ritual book, to copy and learn though. And, they are useless to us without components like the ones I used today. Do any of you have urgent business in Brackwater, as learning these may slow us down, oh, and let me check…How long are we welcome to stay here?”

------------------
Sorry Kayal! So many questions
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:48 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:His curiosity now piqued from hearing the familiar word several times, Straegis turns to Alex and says,
"Please can you ask him what more he knows of Cairn o' Talth, or as he keeps saying 'Talth'."
Sure that he knows more of the area than just the name, Straegis awaits the lizardman's answer.

O.O.C. Updated character sheet, didn't change gold tho, have we split that up yet? If so, what is total?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:48 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"He said Talth'Anin, it is the name the elves gave to the city they built over the flooded and ruined city; Anin. I'm unsure as to why that would have a connection to Cairn o' Talth, but I'll ask."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Malazek wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C. Updated character sheet, didn't change gold tho, have we split that up yet? If so, what is total?
Swifthand wrote:161 Gold
4 Copper

macksgarageusa wrote:"Please can you ask him what more he knows of Cairn o' Talth, or as he keeps saying 'Talth'."
Alex's translation (above) mentions both Anin and Talth'Anin/Talthanin. Straegis can figure that Talth + Anin = Talthanin. Still, the Mystic might know more ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:”How long is one of your generations? In cycles of the four seasons, or circles of the stars?”
"Depends. A generation might be anywhere from 15 to 85 of your years."

magicspellz12 wrote:”May I see the relics you have from the campsite, if Lexis left them?”
"Sure. When dawn comes."

magicspellz12 wrote:”Tell me about the powers of Lexis, for I imagine they were great. What did she look like? Do you know where she has gone?”
"Her powers were second only to those of the dragon gods. She was much shorter and thinner that you, but had your eyes and hair. And your jawline. Even as a youth, her hair was white."

magicspellz12 wrote:”Could you give me directions to Talth’Anin?”
Looking out the window, he responds "West south west. Several days. The stones of the city still protrude from the swamp.".

When Alex translates this, Davin knows exactly where the spot it. He thought once that it was the ruins of Talthanin, but found no actual evidence that elves lived there.

magicspellz12 wrote:”Have the water-bending powers of the last generation faded at all? From where I hail, those born with the ability to perform the magic have decreased greatly in number. I was the last. Also, even the mages that are already masters have been affected, their powers weakening. Has this happened to you? Did it happen to Lexis? Is that why she left?”
"Weakening? I'm not sure. Each successive generation since Lexis left has been weaker ... but we blamed degeneration of the teachings."

magicspellz12 wrote:“This is salt, but I am loath to give it to you, it may be hard for them to find. May I give this to my friend, he has little taste for fish, poor soul.” Alex smiles.
"Sure. It's many weeks travel to the salt flats, but we CAN get more. Please, enjoy."

magicspellz12 wrote:”Do you know anything about Hags infesting the Malbog; named Mika and Agatha? Have they harmed your tribe at all? Me and my companions have destroyed the Hag Mika, but Agatha remains, although she is peaceful, she wears the visage of an old woman.”
We try to avoid the hags. All four of them. We have few dealings with them, except when they accompany the trolls and giants

magicspellz12 wrote:"Or any enchanted monsters? What about a temple to the Raven Queen, involving a Goblin?"
"You mean the cave temple? Yes, it sits where the bog ends; where the mountains and the seas embrace. Maybe half a moon's journey."

magicspellz12 wrote:”Why didn’t you attack us when we came in sight, and what did you say to me at the time?”
"What reason did we have to attack you? I don't remember my exact words, but did demand that you surrender your weapons. We never allow armed strangers in the village. Too many strangers take advantage of our generousity; letting us give them food and shelter, and then murdering us in the night."

magicspellz12 wrote:”Are their other Lizardfolk tribes in the area? Are they hostile towards you?”
"Many. Most are hostile, at times; and friendly at others. Many factors determine their disposition."

magicspellz12 wrote:”Is there anything I, or we, can do for you. You are welcome to copy rituals from my book too” He picks up his spellbook, showing the pages of each ritual as he speaks them ”I know Language Comprehension, a floating disk to carry what would weaken the arms, and a ritual to fix things. I would also be thrilled to assist you in the ways of Aquamancy, as I know much of its Lore, and listen to anything you know that I might not.”
"How long can you stay? I am most interested in adding a ritual to my lore ... but if you can stay longer than one night, then I would love to meld our knowledge of watercraft."

magicspellz12 wrote:”Do you have more ritual components? Would it be possible to trade with you for something. I have some gold, but I don’t think we have much that would be of use to you.”
We will be glad to offer you some components ... in exchange for no more than your promise to tell others that we are not so savage, and need not be murdered in our sleep."

magicspellz12 wrote:”I see you have the Animal Messenger ritual, have you ever sent a message to Lexis in this way?”
"Yes, but none have ever returned."

magicspellz12 wrote:Sorry Kayal! So many questions
OOC: S'okay. Very fun.

magicspellz12 wrote:"He said Talth'Anin, it is the name the elves gave to the city they built over the flooded and ruined city; Anin. I'm unsure as to why that would have a connection to Cairn o' Talth, but I'll ask."
When Alex asks, the Lizardman responds "I am unsure ... I have never heard of this Cairn. Any number of explanation are possible. It could be that the Cairn is Anin's counterpart in the Feyrealm; or they might just be named after the same person: Talth. I do not know."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:
"We will be glad to offer you some components ... in exchange for no more than your promise to tell others that we are not so savage, and need not be murdered in our sleep"

"That gladdens my heart deeply. I will happily tell of all those in Brackwater of your kindness and genorosity, and of your rules. I would suggest you take a copy of the Comprehend Languages Ritual in my spellbook should visitors come a-calling. I swear on the spirits of my ancesters that I shall personally see that I deliver that message. Is there any way that visitors to the swamp could recognise you as peaceful tribesmen?"

===================

"'It could be that the Cairn is Anin's counterpart in the Feyrealm; or they might just be named after the same person: Talth. I do not know.' He says, however the first part is probably the most likey. Davin's family hail from Talth'Anin. Before it was destroyed...it was a Gate to the feyrealm. It therefore may be likely that Cairn o' Anin *is* the counterpart in the Feywild. Why do you ask, Straegis?"

===================

"The lizardmen will allow us to stay as long as we wish. I certainly wish to take advantage of the chance to learn as many rituals as possible, and share the knowledge of my craft with these folk. However, tomorrows examination of the relics left by Lexis may change things. Do any of you have any urgent need to return to Brackwater soon?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Malazek wrote:"Tell them, this is Garkondrak. (Home of the Dragon)". The Mystic explains, "No other village uses this name."

"I do," says Kalee. "It has been many weeks since I saw my family. I'd like to get home as soon as possible. Of course, I cannot make it without you, so if I need to stay here a while longer, than I will. But since you asked, I hope it's okay that I spoke up. It is okay, isn't it? I mean no offense."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:50 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"Is there a way they could distinguish your warriors or your settlement from hostile ones? Perhaps painting a symbol on your armour, or a standard in the centre of the village to help them ?"

"Of course not, I completely forgot about that. I understand totally. That does pose a problem though. Perhaps we can go there and return. Though I must examine those relics before I do so. Perhaps if we did that now we could be on the way sooner tomorrow, and return."

Alex makes the lizardman aware of these plans, stressing the haste that they must make for the poor maiden.

------------------
Diplomacy: 18 My rolls are on FIRE lately
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next