Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 21 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:34 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 21 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:46 pm

Jasmine wrote:“Merill, get Taryk—there’s a chest up here I think he should take a look at. Or is anyone else adept at checking for traps?...Hmm, is Taryk adept at checking for traps, for that matter? Erm, well, tell the others: it’s the chamber of a leader of some type. There are some crates we should check out too. Maybe someone else should come up to help me muscle through them. There’s a pile.”

- OOC: Jasmine will investigate under the tapestries and furs to see if she spots any further secret passages or additional items. If she finds none, she will smash a crate to see what it contains.
- d10 : 7 (+0) = 7
Merrill wrote:"Hey, we need someone to come down here to look for traps! There's a bunch of stuff to go through it looks like"
Taryk wrote:"A pleasure to be useful, my dear! Let's have a look..."
- OOC: Investigation +2
- d10 : 7 (+2+2) = 11
Pulling the tapestries away from the wall, Jasmine does NOT find any hidden passageways.

Examining the small chest, Taryk finds a tiny spring-loaded needle inside the locking mechanism. It looks like it is meant to jab anyone who tries to open it without the proper key.

While Taryk is busy, Jasmine makes her way over to the crates. She notices that some of the crates have been opened and easily glances inside. These crates are all full of books.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:35 pm

"Seems no one careth for these..." Felix said quietly as he picked up the dice. He walked over and looked up. "Wonder two things: what craziness did they findeth up there? And, whatever I wonder what liveth down those other passages."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:11 pm

"Yeeerp... it's trapped. Anyone see a key around here? I'll see what I can do in the meantime."

OOC: Does it look like I can disarm it or at least cover the hole with something whilst trying to pick the lock?
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:47 pm

“Books…these crates are full of books! Should we bring them back to the entrance? Maybe…this seems to be a safe place. Maybe if we find more books we can bring them here and eventually haul them into town or find someone from town to come help load them. Thoughts?”
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:35 am

Taryk wrote:"Yeeerp... it's trapped. Anyone see a key around here? I'll see what I can do in the meantime."
- OOC: Does it look like I can disarm it or at least cover the hole with something whilst trying to pick the lock?
- OOC: Yes, both are "possible." In this game, disarming a trap requires an explanation of how you're doing it. A roll is only required if the GM decides there is some chance of failure. If you had the right tools, for example, you could attempt to "remove" the needle from the mechanism; you could even try it with improvised tools. Covering the part of the key hole that houses the needle is a viable plan, but it would obviously make picking the lock harder ... still, it might be worth it to avoid messing around with that needle.

- I don't see lock-picks on your character sheet, though. What sort of improvised picks would you be using? 
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:50 am

Jasmine wrote:“Books…these crates are full of books! Should we bring them back to the entrance? Maybe…this seems to be a safe place. Maybe if we find more books we can bring them here and eventually haul them into town or find someone from town to come help load them. Thoughts?”
- OOC: The seven of you could probably manage to get these crates back to town without help, especially if Thane is willing to use his giant-like strength. You would be moving slower than normal, but you would get there. There are seven crates here and each one counts as a "heavy" object; carrying a heavy object reduces your speed by 1 (but Thane can carry three heavy objects without a penalty).

- OOC: If you're doing the math, remember that Iris has a speed of 2 and Jasmine has a speed of 3 (in armor). Felix has a speed of 6, but everyone else has a speed of 4.

- OOC: If you loot the tapestries, each one is also "heavy." So, depending on what else you find, it may be a slow journey back to town.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:24 pm

OOC: Thane would be happy to haul some crates, in fact before leaving we should see if the worg is still alive and see if we can get it to assist us.

While the others are searching, Thane will start entombing the goblin bodies in stone.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Malazek wrote:While Taryk is busy, Jasmine makes her way over to the crates. She notices that some of the crates have been opened and easily glances inside. These crates are all full of books.

"I doubt it but any chance the book we are looking for is up there?" Iris calls from below. "It is called 'Morbis Malum'."
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Iris wrote:"I doubt it but any chance the book we are looking for is up there?" Iris calls from below. "It is called 'Morbis Malum'."
- OOC: Is Jasmine willing to sift through the crates and look for it? Is she willing to compare what's here to the ledger (or at least count the inventory)?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:39 pm

"It would seem I left my lockpicks in my other pants. Hey, Thane, can I have a small chunk of rock? I'm gonna at least try to beat this trap?"
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:43 pm

Thane wrote:While the others are searching, Thane will start entombing the goblin bodies in stone.
- OOC: Oh, I missed this the first time I read it. That's a pretty nifty way to "seal off" the illness.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:48 pm

"Hey, Thane, can I have a small chunk of rock? I'm gonna at least try to beat this trap?"

Thane will look over focusing on the earth around Taryk.

"Here.."

Thane will make a pedestal come up from the ground with a fist sized rock sitting on it.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:40 am

Felix listens in on what the others are saying.

"I'm thinking old Nalkor might hath had the book you seek in his possession."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:48 am

Drakor will search for any hidden passages and traps.

Roll: perception
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:48 am

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Drakor wrote:Drakor will search for any hidden passages and traps.
- OOC: Where is he searching?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Merrill will start dragging boxes back to the cave entrance, enjoying a breath of fresh air before heading back down each time
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:19 pm

- OOC: Still waiting to find out if Jasmine is comparing the inventory to the ledger (or not).
- OOC: Also, still waiting to see what happens with Taryk and the trapped, locked chest.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Taryk places the chunk of rock over the small opening containing the trap. Then, with the end of one of his paintbrushes, he fiddles with the lock, not intending to actually open it, but to spring the trap into the rock.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Assuming that was all Taryk needed, Thane will go back to entombing the goblins until they are all completely encased.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Taryk wrote:Taryk places the chunk of rock over the small opening containing the trap. Then, with the end of one of his paintbrushes, he fiddles with the lock, not intending to actually open it, but to spring the trap into the rock.
Due to the relative softness of the bristles, Taryk's approach takes a little longer than expected ... but within a minute or so, he hears a faint CLICK as the needle is sprung, striking harmlessly against the rock. When he pulls the rock away, the needle slides slowly from its chamber, jutting motionlessly from the lock face.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Drakor wrote:Drakor will search for any hidden passages and traps.
- d10 : 8 (Roll: perception)
Game Master wrote:- OOC: Where is he searching?
Drakor wrote:in the room we are in.
it just seemed weird to me that we haven't ran into traps with the initial goblin telling us this place was riddled with traps
and we found a secret passage once so my character is just curious if there are more
Game Master wrote:Okay, got it. Most of the party is in the lower room where you fought the goblins. Jasmine and Taryk climbed up into a higher room.
Drakor wrote:Thanks
Drakor searches the room with the central pyre, looking for any indication of traps or secret passageways (besides the secret space above the short hall, where Taryk and Jasmine are currently searching). He does not find any. Of course, there are still two other hallways (one to the left and one to the right), as well as the narrow chimney where all the smoke is escaping to. It is entirely possible that he could find some there.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:47 pm

"Well, it's disarmed at least. Maybe we can crack it later."

OOC: How big is the chest? Is it small enough to pass down to someone?
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Drakor will engulf himself in a dark cloud, he will stealthily and cautiously approach the left hall first looking out for traps and searching for valuables and secret openings.

Roll (stealth) shadow magic (+2): 4

Roll (perception): 4

GM Edit: 2 and 4

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next