Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Feeling Iris’s healing power flowing through her as her wounds heal, she gives a short nod to her sister. “What would I do without you?” she queries.

Back to the goblins, she focuses on the female who first drew blood. “Your luck is about to run out,” she spits as her sword comes down.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:22 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Thane will turn to the shaman and hurl a javelin at him. 

melee +2
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:59 pm

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Start of Round 4 ...
Felix wrote:Felix will run over and clobber the shaman with his flute (makeshift club).
- d10 : 5
Thane wrote:Thane will turn to the shaman and hurl a javelin at him.
- d10 : 5 (+2) = 7
Seeing the former prisoner charge after him, the Shaman steps back and lifts his own staff to intercept Felix's attack. "Pruss, Gan Jabby!" he spits. Distracted by the flautist, the shaman fails to duck when the half-giant's enormous stone spear smashes into his head. He crumbles to the ground.

Drakor wrote:Drakor will unleash his daggers on the goblin that jasmine tried to sidestep.
- d10s : 5, 6 (+2) = 7, 8
Jasmine wrote:Back to the goblins, she focuses on the female who first drew blood. “Your luck is about to run out,” she spits as her sword comes down.
- d10 : 5 (+2) = 7
At last, Drakor and Jasmine are able to team up and dispatch the final goblins. Their sickened bodies now lie lifeless upon the ground, spared from an even worse demise.

- OOC: End Combat
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:49 pm

Jasmine catches her breath, looking with pity at the goblins’ dead and diseased bodies. “We’d best not search these ones, either,” she says, eyeing the oozing sores on the creatures’ skin. “P’raps a cursory look around the room.”

Jasmine investigates what she can of the room while carefully avoiding the diseased bodies as best she can.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:49 pm

'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:54 am

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine catches her breath, looking with pity at the goblins’ dead and diseased bodies. “We’d best not search these ones, either,” she says, eyeing the oozing sores on the creatures’ skin. “P’raps a cursory look around the room.”

Jasmine investigates what she can of the room while carefully avoiding the diseased bodies as best she can.
Game Master wrote:This room is much larger than the previous chambers. The split-timber floor is six or seven yards wide and the stalactite-covered ceiling is at least that high. In the center of the room, a shallow pit holds a massive pyre, littered with corpses and billowing dark black smoke. The smoke seems to be escaping through a hole of some sort in the center of ceiling. Around the perimeter of the room lies a ragtag collection of old furs, tattered bedrolls, bails of hay, and other "cheap" bedding. Narrow passages lead away from this chamber and toward each of the cardinal directions (OOC: meaning: there are three other exits).
A quick search reveals a small sack on each of the primitive beds, probably serving as both pillows and places to store valuables. Only seven of the sacks, however, appear to contain anything at all; without opening them, the rest appear to be empty. Likewise, a collection of worn-out arms and armor lies scattered around the room. The smoking corpses in the central pyre appear to have been stripped of all possessions. None of the passageways are blocked by doors, but the one at the far end of the room ends abruptly.

Last edited by Malazek on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:31 am

OOC: I have added another Poll to the System Feedback forum. Please vote.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:29 am

"Wonder if these heathens hast anything of worth?" Felix says. He grasps a nearby sack and lightly empties its contents onto one of the crude beds. "They stole my dignity and to rub it in, they didst steal my coins even."

-OOC: Stealth +2, Legerdemain +2 (to pour out contents as quietly as possible).

Felix motions for the others to do the same, he will continue to grab bags and empty them onto the same bed until all the sacks are emptied.

"Ahh, my dearest thanks for freeing me my new friends. Let us cross our fingers and hopest for an enchanted ring; which summons magical ogres, who are nice... and only eat goblins."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:15 am

Felix wrote:He grasps a nearby sack and lightly empties its contents onto one of the crude beds. Felix motions for the others to do the same, he will continue to grab bags and empty them onto the same bed until all the sacks are emptied.
Inside the sacks, Felix and his friends find numerous articles of old clothing, as well as a variety of odd equipment: a rusty set of caltrops, some primitive fishing gear, some wooden bowls, a small box containing flint and tinder, five half-melted candles, some old rope, a set of bone dice, three flasks full of grain alcohol, a hand drawn map, and a tiny vial filled with green crystalline powder.

Lying near and around the "beds," they also count fourteen suits of primitive hide and two dozen weapons (none of which are in good repair). The shaman's staff is easy enough to examine without touching it and appears to be in good condition.

No coins are found ... but none of the bodies have yet been examined.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:52 am

Merrill will scoop up the caltrops. "I think these might be useful," and tucks then in her bag. "Maybe we can use that alcohol to burn the bodies on our way out. I don't like leaving plague victims lying about."
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Malazek wrote:Inside the sacks, Felix and his friends find numerous articles of old clothing, as well as a variety of odd equipment: a rusty set of caltrops, some primitive fishing gear, some wooden bowls, a small box containing flint and tinder, five half-melted candles, some old rope, a set of bone dice, three flasks full of grain alcohol, a hand drawn map, and a tiny vial filled with green crystalline powder.

Upon seeing the map, Iris goes to look at it. "Hhmm, this may be useful. It might be a map of the cave system or a way to this cloaked man." Iris muses out loud.

OOC: I'm not sure what to roll here, Mal, I'm thinking Investigation, which I'm not proficient in, but I'll roll, and you let me know!

*Edit* OOC: WOO!!!

Last edited by FutbolDude21586 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:59 pm

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Iris wrote:Upon seeing the map, Iris goes to look at it. "Hhmm, this may be useful. It might be a map of the cave system or a way to this cloaked man." Iris muses out loud.
- d10 : 8 (+2) = 10

- OOC: I think "lore" would be more appropriate, in this case, so I'll let you add your Wis bonus.

The map appears to have been hastily drawn, but not all at once. Perhaps the goblin who made this was sketching it while traveling?

Although the few notes are written in the Goblin Tongue, Iris is able to recognize some of the landmarks depicted. It is a map of the southern Wyrmstail Mountains, from Vjolkad to Twin Towns.

In the center of the map, there appears to be an otherwise unmarked trail, leading from this lair to what looks like a ruined structure to the north. (Iris recalls rumors of a goblin tribe along the mountains there, preying upon caravans that were heading through the Sands of Wrath).

A small "X" on the map seems to depict the location where Jonrick's wagon was ambushed in the hills.

A slightly larger "X" along the mountain trail indicates something else, but Iris cannot discern what it is. Perhaps another lair? Or buried treasure maybe?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Meanwhile, Jasmine heads over to the truncated hallway to investigate. “Isn’t this a little strange?” she says to the others. “I wonder if it has any purpose.”

She searches as carefully as she can to see if the area holds any secrets.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:13 pm

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Jasmine wrote:Meanwhile, Jasmine heads over to the truncated hallway to investigate. “Isn’t this a little strange?” she says to the others. “I wonder if it has any purpose.”
She searches as carefully as she can to see if the area holds any secrets.
- d10 : 7 (+0) = 7
After a moment of searching, Jasmine discovers another "chamber" (of some sort) above the shortened hallway. In other words, the three walls around her are only about three yards high, giving way to some sort of ledge. The ceiling, however, is shrouded in darkness. To get a better look at the hidden space, she would probably need to climb up there with a light source.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:31 pm

“Guys, I’m going to check this out…spot me?” She will wait for someone to stand guard at the bottom as she hoists herself up and lights a torch.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:47 pm

zappo168 wrote:
“Guys, I’m going to check this out…spot me?” She will wait for someone to stand guard at the bottom as she hoists herself up and lights a torch.

Merrill will watch her back, bow raised and arrow held loosely.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Jasmine wrote:“Guys, I’m going to check this out…spot me?” She will wait for someone to stand guard at the bottom as she hoists herself up and lights a torch.
As her torch flares up, Jasmine finds herself in the most elaborate chamber, thus far. The room is only slightly smaller than the last, with a tiled floor and a domed ceiling. An unlit brazier hangs from chains, suspended from the center of the dome. A wooden ladder rests at hear feat, lying flat against the floor. Heavy tapestries hang from each of the four walls.

At the far end of the room, there sits a large stonework throne, occupied by a massive goblin dressed in plate armor. A gleaming two-handed sword rests against his lap, while an iron crown rests upon his head. His posture suggests that he died in that chair.

In the far left corner, she sees another bed of furs and a small wooden chest. In the far right corner, she spots a pile of wooden crates.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:06 pm

“Merill, get Taryk—there’s a chest up here I think he should take a look at. Or is anyone else adept at checking for traps?...Hmm, is Taryk adept at checking for traps, for that matter? Erm, well, tell the others: it’s the chamber of a leader of some type. There are some crates we should check out too. Maybe someone else should come up to help me muscle through them. There’s a pile.”

OOC: Jasmine will investigate under the tapestries and furs to see if she spots any further secret passages or additional items. If she finds none, she will smash a crate to see what it contains.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:06 pm

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:32 pm

zappo168 wrote:“Merill, get Taryk—there’s a chest up here I think he should take a look at. Or is anyone else adept at checking for traps?...Hmm, is Taryk adept at checking for traps, for that matter? Erm, well, tell the others: it’s the chamber of a leader of some type. There are some crates we should check out too. Maybe someone else should come up to help me muscle through them. There’s a pile.”

OOC: Jasmine will investigate under the tapestries and furs to see if she spots any further secret passages or additional items. If she finds none, she will smash a crate to see what it contains.
"Hey, we need someone to come down here to look for traps! There's a bunch of stuff to go through it looks like"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:34 pm

"A pleasure to be useful, my dear! Let's have a look..."

OOC: Investigation +2
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next