Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 11 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 Sat May 07, 2016 4:52 pm

OOC: Edited/deleted

Last edited by zappo168 on Sat May 07, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 11 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin Sat May 07, 2016 4:52 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 4

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat May 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Taryk wrote:As Taryk passes through the entry chamber, on his way to narrow tunnel, the rough wooden floor opens up beneath him.
As the floor opens beneath him, Taryk manages to grab a hold of the ledge to prevent himself from falling. Looking around, he sees that the center of the split timber "floor" was a clever facade, covering a nasty pitfall. The pit itself is only about 10 feet deep, but the floor of it is covered with grimy, primitive spikes.

- OOC: You can easily pull yourself up (no roll necessary). When you do eventually get to investigate the tunnel, I'll let you keep your previous roll.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat May 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Jasmine wrote:"Aaaghh!" Jasmine cries out, not even having a chance to confront Drakor about the loot.
OOC: Initiative
OOC: The pit opened as soon as Taryk stepped on it. Was Jasmine walking shoulder-to-shoulder with him? If so, she falls into the pit (a 4 isn't high enough to save herself). If she was walking behind him, though, then she didn't need to roll.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat May 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Malazek wrote:
Jasmine wrote:"Aaaghh!" Jasmine cries out, not even having a chance to confront Drakor about the loot.
OOC: Initiative
OOC: The pit opened as soon as Taryk stepped on it. Was Jasmine walking shoulder-to-shoulder with him? If so, she falls into the pit (a 4 isn't high enough to save herself). If she was walking behind him, though, then she didn't need to roll.

OOC: OOPS! Wasn't thinking straight. Thought we were all supposed to roll. I'll edit!
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat May 07, 2016 5:56 pm

“Hey!” Jasmine shouts at Drakor as he loots the elderly goblin’s body. “You’d best be throwin’ them coins in the wheelbarrow here with the rest of the group loot. And I’m catching up on Taryk with that, too. Taryk!—oh, shite!” She rushes up toward the pit with Iris.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat May 07, 2016 9:53 pm

"Taryk! Are you alright?" Iris asks from behind Jasmine.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sat May 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Merrill will keep her eyes peeled for traps as well as she makes her way down the corridor behind everyone. She doesn't like being in front. That's for people foolish enough to get in melee. 

OOC: Perception
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 07, 2016 11:17 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun May 08, 2016 2:14 am

As Thane approaches the pit trap, he will reach out to the stone and start to shape a path across.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Iris wrote:"Taryk! Are you alright?" Iris asks from behind Jasmine.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Sun May 08, 2016 3:51 pm

Darker looks at Jasmine, "Of course its going in the party loot, what do ya take me for?.. a Thief?!?" 

"Hey Taryk! You, ok?"  Drakor makes his way over to Taryk and reaches down to help him up. "I did mention a trap just inside the door..."
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sun May 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Fu3l3dGam3r wrote:
"Hey Taryk! You, ok?"  Drakor makes his way over to Taryk and reaches down to help him up. "I did mention a trap just inside the door..."
 "Ugh... yeah.  I'll make a note of it my creepy dungeon tour guide. Can you help me up?"

OOC: Do I need to roll something to pull myself up?
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sun May 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Jasmine nods. “Square,” she says, “just making sure. We don’t know one another. An’ I know I can’t trust him—“ she gestures. “He said so himself.”

She walks over and begins to try and help hoist Taryk up.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 08, 2016 9:55 pm

Taryk wrote:OOC: Do I need to roll something to pull myself up?
OOC: Nope.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Taryk wrote:Taryk creeps forward to the tunnel entrance, paying special attention to the stonework. He silently begins a search down the tunnel pressing forward cautiously, actively seeking any threats.
OOC: I assume that once Taryk is on his feet, the party will continue on?

Game Master wrote:As you pass through the door and into the goblins' lair, you find yourself in a small and dimly-lit chamber that was clearly a natural cave at some point in the past. The walls of the chamber are comprised of raw stone, hewn in some places and uncut in others. Stalactites crowd the natural ceiling above you. Yet, the goblins have added their own primitive construction to the place, as well.

The floor of the chamber is wooden, but rough, as if split timbers of various lengths were simply hammered into the earthen floor until they were level (or nearly level). At the far end of the room, a lopsided archway leads deeper into the lair; the arch itself was probably built from local stones, as no two are alike in size or shape. A narrow and winding tunnel is visible beyond the arch.

A small wooden table, covered in melted wax, sits in one of the corners near the door. A single candle, sitting in the center of the table, provides the only source of light.

You do not see any goblins.
Taryk wrote:Investigation (9+4)=13
Once Taryk is on his feet again, he is finally able to investigate the stonework. He can tell immediately that the arch is nothing more than primitive construction. The walls of the tunnel beyond the arch, however, appears to have been "chiseled" (most likely by pick-axes). Unlike the split-timber-floor of the first room, the floor of tunnel is nothing more than packed dirt.

As he quietly and cautiously moves through tunnel, he realizes that it is not a straight-shot. The tunnel "snakes" to the left, then to the right, and then to the left again. After a dozen yards or so, he hears voices ahead, around the next bend.

- OOC: The tunnel is only wide enough for single-file. So, what's the marching order? Is anybody NOT following? Also, Thane will have to "crouch" to squeeze through the tunnel, because he is so large.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Mon May 09, 2016 2:36 pm

"Voices ahead, friends. What's the play?"
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon May 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Thane wrote:As Thane approaches the pit trap, he will reach out to the stone and start to shape a path across.
OOC: I forgot to respond to this. Basic Earth Magic is limited to "heavy" items (less than 95 lbs) and a solid bridge is a lot heavier than that. That sort of construction is usually limited to "Earth Magic: Construction." It is feasible, however, to construct a bridge one heavy piece at a time, using a separate action for each piece. It would be slower than with Construction, but it could be done.

OOC: That being said, it is also possible to skirt the pit. Sorry if this wasn't clear. The center of the crude wooden floor opened up; not the entire floor. The small wooden table with the burning candle is sitting on a section that did not open up. (I included the phrase "split timbers of various lengths" as a subtle way to reference the edges of the pit, without giving away the fact that there was a trap there).

Thane's bridge takes several seconds to complete, but does makes circumventing the crude pit easy for the rest of you.
Taryk wrote:"Voices ahead, friends. What's the play?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon May 09, 2016 6:44 pm

"Lets rush them while we still have the element of surprise."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Mon May 09, 2016 7:03 pm

TheDeadWillWalk wrote:"Voices ahead, friends. What's the play?"
"Can you tell if they are Goblins or Humans?" Iris asks from near the door still. "Jasmine, go ahead. I will be fine in the back."
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon May 09, 2016 10:13 pm

“I will probably be most useful near the front, but…” she keeps looking back at her sister. “Move us to the middle if I can’t keep her…” she seems to be getting emotional. She tightens up and says, “if it’s not working for us.”

“I’m all for keeping on.”

OOC: Go ahead and put Jasmine in front if no one else wants to bite.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue May 10, 2016 10:33 am

Taryk wrote:OOC: I'll take the lead, against my better judgement
Jasmine wrote:“Move us to the middle if I can’t keep her…”
- OOC: Go ahead and put Jasmine in front if no one else wants to bite.
Drakor wrote:"... i may not be the initial target once we come upon these retched foe."
Thane wrote:Thane will ... look to the party for someone to lead the way.
Iris wrote:"Jasmine, go ahead. I will be fine in the back."
Merrill wrote:Merrill ... makes her way down the corridor behind everyone. She doesn't like being in front. That's for people foolish enough to get in melee.
OOC: Is everyone alright with this marching order: Taryk, Jasmine, Drakor, Thane, Iris, Merrill? Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume this acceptable.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue May 10, 2016 10:38 am

Thane wrote:"Lets rush them while we still have the element of surprise."
Iris wrote:"Can you tell if they are Goblins or Humans?" Iris asks from near the door still.
Jasmine wrote:“I’m all for keeping on.”
As the party discusses their next move, Taryk realizes that the voices ahead have become suddenly quiet.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue May 10, 2016 3:48 pm

OOC: we can swap Merrill and Iris in the marching order.

"You stay to the front Jasmine, I'll guard your sister's back, I promise." She whispers as she moves in front of Iris. She keeps her bow out with the arrow nocked as the voices cease.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Tue May 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Malazek wrote:OOC: Is everyone alright with this marching order: Taryk, Jasmine, Drakor, Thane, Iris, Merrill? Unless I hear otherwise, I will assume this acceptable.
OOC: That marching order is fine with me!
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next