Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 19 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2016 9:34 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 19 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:46 am

Game Master wrote:The imprisoned goblin tries desperately to escape.
Thane wrote:d10 : 9 (Spellcraft +3) = 12
- OOC: Next round I can spend my action to do crushing damage for free, correct?
The goblin remains trapped, unable to free himself from the stony prison.

- OOC: Yes. As long as he remains trapped, you can spend an action to attack and automatically inflict crushing damage. No roll required.
Game Master wrote:The goblin with the rusty sword takes a swing at Jasmine.
Jasmine wrote:The sickly goblin before Jasmine slashes at her with his rusty weapon, snarling in what Jasmine assumes is meant to be a menacing tone. “I don’t think so,” Jasmine replies in her own growl, raising her shield to block. Unfortunately, the goblin catches the edge of the shield with his blade, knocking her defensive stance open and slicing off a scuff of flesh from her left hand in the process. Jasmine utters a prayer of thanks to the gods that her wounds are not worse…not yet, anyway.

- OOC: +2 defense for shield; total of 5. DR 3 for scale mail. Net loss of 1 HP.
- OOC: Nice Narration.
- OOC: Is this enough damage to trigger Iris's readied action? Or was she waiting for more significant damage?
Game Master wrote:The charging goblin finally reaches Taryk, thrusting his primitive spear at the storm mage.
Still buzzing with magical energy, Taryk steps back and tries to dodge the primitive spear, but the goblin adjusts his momentum and rams the spearhead into Taryk's shoulder. The storm mage grunts in agony, as magical lighting crackles around the wound.

- d10 : Natural 1! Taryk gets hit for 4 points of damage, minus his 2 points of armor, for a net loss of 2 HPs.
- OOC: Is this enough damage to trigger Iris's readied action? Or was she waiting for more significant damage?
Game Master wrote:The two goblins on the right desperately swing their axes at Drakor.
As the goblins swing their axes blindly in the dark, Drakor laughs and easily sidesteps the attacks. Taking advantage of the opportunity, he sinks both daggers into the chest of the wounded goblin, killing it instantly, and then twists suddenly to bring his daggers across the face of the other. Although the rest of the party cannot see it, they hear the thud of a body dropping, followed by the pained cries of a mutilated goblin.

- OOC: I'm not sure what happened to Fu3l3dGam3r, but it looks like I'm playing Drakor as an NPC until further notice.
- d10s : 5, 0 (+2+1+1+2) = 11, 16.
- AP to Riposte against Goblin #1. d10s : 8, 7 (+2+2) = 12, 11. 3 and 2 damage.
- AP to Riposte against Goblin #2. d10s: 5, 8 (+2, +2) = 9, 12. 3 and 2 damage.
Iris wrote:- OOC: Ready a healing for the first party member to get hurt.
Watching yet another one-sided bloodbath, Iris says a quick prayer to Wodana before starting a chant to provide healing.
Game Master wrote:OOC: Iris still has an action "readied" to heal the first person who suffers damage.
- OOC: Iris's readied action has been triggered. Do you care to heal either Jasmine or Taryk?

Game Master wrote:Back to Merrill, Iris, and Taryk.
- OOC: Okay, so all that happened on the Goblins' initiative. Now ... Merrill, Iris, and Taryk have a turn. (Iris gets a turn now, whether or not she uses her readied action to heal on the goblin's turn). Felix, I see your post, but your initiative comes after Merrill, Iris, and Taryk; so I'll wait until after they post to resolve it.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:45 am

Taryk snarls in frustration and channels the pain of his wound into another lightning surge at the spear-wielder.

OOC: Spellcraft Roll +2
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:45 am

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 4

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:36 pm

Malazek wrote:
- OOC: +2 defense for shield; total of 5. DR 3 for scale mail. Net loss of 1 HP.
- OOC: Is this enough damage to trigger Iris's readied action? Or was she waiting for more significant damage?
- d10 : Natural 1! Taryk gets hit for 4 points of damage, minus his 2 points of armor, for a net loss of 2 HPs.
- OOC: Is this enough damage to trigger Iris's readied action? Or was she waiting for more significant damage?

Iris wrote:- OOC: Ready a healing for the first party member to get hurt.
Watching yet another one-sided bloodbath, Iris says a quick prayer to Wodana before starting a chant to provide healing.
Game Master wrote:OOC: Iris still has an action "readied" to heal the first person who suffers damage.
- OOC: Iris's readied action has been triggered. Do you care to heal either Jasmine or Taryk?
OOC: I did not specify, all I said, as you see above, was first person hurt, so Jasmine. Then can I spend this round's turn healing Taryk?

Seeing her sister injured, even a small scratch, causes Iris to send healing to Jasmine. After all, a sisters love is a sisters love.

OOC: 1 AP, Jasmine is at full HP. If I can use this round's action to heal Taryk, 1 AP to heal him to full (3Hp, he only needs 2).

After seeing that Jasmine is as hearty as ever, Iris realizes she heard another human grunt of pain. Taryk? She turns her head and sees blood welling up on his skin. Again, calling on The Mother, Iris sends magical healing to Taryk.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Merrill turns at the sound of the new go on and curses under her breath as she shoots twice more, attempting to silence him before he speaks again.

OOC: 2+2 and 7+2, 5 damage on a hit
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Jasmine smiles at her sister, just a flash, before turning her attention back to the goblin an arm’s length away. She holds her shield a little tighter now, once again bringing her sword down in a hacking motion, hoping not to be parried by the creature’s rusty little sword.

OOC – attack with longsword again; hopefully I can finish off the little **** here soon Wink UGHHH...no such luck.

Last edited by zappo168 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:24 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:51 am

Iris wrote:Seeing her sister injured, even a small scratch, causes Iris to send healing to Jasmine. After all, a sisters love is a sisters love.
- OOC: 1 AP, Jasmine is at full HP. 
Iris wrote:- OOC: use this round's action to heal Taryk, 1 AP to heal him to full (3Hp, he only needs 2).
After seeing that Jasmine is as hearty as ever, Iris realizes she heard another human grunt of pain. Taryk? She turns her head and sees blood welling up on his skin. Again, calling on The Mother, Iris sends magical healing to Taryk.
Iris's magic proves to be miraculous, indeed, as the wounds upon her allies all but disappear.
- OOC: Both Jasmine and Taryk are again at full HPs.

End of Round 2 ...
Taryk wrote:Taryk snarls in frustration and channels the pain of his wound into another lightning surge at the spear-wielder.
- OOC: Spellcraft Roll +2 (d10 : 4) +2 vs. Pole-like weapon = 8 
The lighting strikes the spear-wielder, causing him to smoke and convulse, until finally he collapses to the ground, dead.

Merrill wrote:Merrill turns at the sound of the new goblin and curses under her breath as she shoots twice more, attempting to silence him before he speaks again.
- OOC: 2+2 and 7+2, 5 damage on a hit
The adorned goblin twirls his staff to swat the first arrow from the air, but takes the second arrow straight to the shoulder. Grimacing in pain, he lifts his gaze to stare directly at his attacker.

Start of Round 3 ...
Felix wrote:Felix will cartwheel (Athletics+2, Nimble+2) toward where Thane is. "Leave him to me."
-OOC: Trying to be within 10 yards of shaman-looking goblin.

Felix begins playing - Bardic Song: Captive Audience. He will try to captivate the shaman.
~7/10 AP~

- Performance +2, Charming +2 (d10 : 2) = 6
- OOC: Will use luck if roll is low...
~6/10 AP~
- Performance +2, Charming +2 (d10 : 5) = 9
The decorated goblin turns to face the music, staring vacuously at Felix. Gradually, he lowers his staff, as his arms and shoulders relax.
- OOC: Got him!

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine smiles at her sister, just a flash, before turning her attention back to the goblin an arm’s length away. She holds her shield a little tighter now, once again bringing her sword down in a hacking motion, hoping not to be parried by the creature’s rusty little sword.
- d10 : Natural 1 (Miss)

OOC – attack with longsword again; hopefully I can finish off the little **** here soon Wink UGHHH...no such luck.
The wounded goblin doesn't even need to parry. Jasmine strikes the little buggers sword, before he even moves it. The goblin smirks. Something about the goblin's smile, however, makes Jasmine realize that this one is a girl, not a boy.

- OOC: There are four goblins remaining: the wounded one on the right next to Drakor (and surrounded by darkness), two on the left near Jasmine (one of which is wounded and one of which is imprisoned in stone), and the new "shaman-looking" goblin by the left passageway. Drakor and Thane are up, next. Then, the goblins. 
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:37 am

--OOC: sorry everyone for my delay in posting myself... Thanks Malazek for posting, IRL has been kicking my arse lately... Selling and purchasing a home, i will be done with all of that by end of next week. Then i get to move  Smile.

Drakor will continue to emanate darkness and finish off the little bugger in front of him.

Roll (attack x 2): Forum roller

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:37 am

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 6

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:50 am

Thane will constrict the stone prison around the goblin.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:17 am

Drakor wrote:Drakor will continue to emanate darkness and finish off the little bugger in front of him.
- d10s : 6, 2 (+2+2) = 10, 6. 3 and 2 damage.
Another sickening thud is heard, as Drakor dispatches the last darkness-engulfed goblin.

Thane wrote:Thane will constrict the stone prison around the goblin.
The imprisoned goblin howls in agony, as the surrounding rock crushes the wind out of him.

Goblins' turn ...

The newest goblin, dressed in feathers and bone, stares helplessly at Felix, enchanted by the bard's music.

The imprisoned goblin struggles frantically to get free ...
- OOC: I need another spellcraft roll from Thane (TN 5) to keep him from escaping.
GM EDIT: ... and does so, finally! Free of his stony constraints, he lifts his crude cudgel and takes a swing at Jasmine!

The she-goblin with the rusty sword also takes another desperate swing at Jasmine.
- OOC: I need TWO defense rolls from Jasmine (TN 7). They each deals 4 damage if you fail (8 on a natural 1). Don't forget to subtract your armor from the damage.

- OOC: After I get rolls from Jasmine and Thane, the lower initiatives (Iris, Merrill, Taryk) are up again. That will be the end of Round 3.

Last edited by Malazek on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:26 am

Spellcraft +3
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:26 am

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:30 am

Thane wrote:Spellcraft +3
- d10 : Natural 1
OOC: I edited the results of this roll into my previous post.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Jasmine tries to take a step back from the reach of her new foe, hoping he will sidestep her and move elsewhere in the room. She would prefer to finish off the target she had begun with. The goblin seems laser-focused on her for now, however, and both opponents take swings at her as she tries to stave them each off.

OOC/Edit: 4-3 twice, so Lady J is down 2 now.

Last edited by zappo168 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:07 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5, 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Merrill lets out a sigh of relief that the shaman guy isn't looking at her and shoots him twice more

OOC: 8+2, 6+2, five damage if it hits
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:56 am

OOC: Since I spent my last turn healing, I have no readied action. And, as far as I am aware, only Jasmine is hurt (2 HP, right?). Soo...

Exiting her trance with Wodana, Iris is immediately greeted by another grunt of pain from her sister. "Sister, this is why we can never be apart for long. You always find yourself in these situations and get hurt." Iris again reaches out magically and heals her sister.

OOC: 1 AP to heal up to 3 HP, Jasmine should be fully healed.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:36 am

End of Round 3 ...

Merrill wrote:Merrill lets out a sigh of relief that the shaman guy isn't looking at her and shoots him twice more
- OOC: 8+2, 6+2, five damage if it hits
Thunk. Thunk. two more well-placed arrows sink deeply into the shaman's chest, causing him to wince and stagger. Whether my magic or sheer will, the mystical goblin does not fall ... but the trace that Felix had over him is now broken.
Taryk wrote:... go ahead and post for me this round ... no internet ...
Watching the battle unfold, Taryk points his magically charged arms at the goblin who broke free of Thane's mystical prison and releases a bolt of lightning. The magical energy crackles through the air, striking the creature and filling the air with the sweet aroma of burnt goblin flesh.

-d10 : 5 (+2 for spellcraft) = 7 ... 5 damage.
Iris wrote:Exiting her trance with Wodana, Iris is immediately greeted by another grunt of pain from her sister. "Sister, this is why we can never be apart for long. You always find yourself in these situations and get hurt." Iris again reaches out magically and heals her sister.

- OOC: 1 AP to heal up to 3 HP, Jasmine should be fully healed.
Jasmine is fully healed, as the power of Wodana floods the underground chamber.

- OOC: Back to the top of the Initiative order for Round 4 - Felix, Thane, Jasmine, Drakor
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:37 am

Felix will run over and clobber the shaman with his flute (makeshift club).
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:37 am

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:55 am

Drakor will unleash his daggers on the goblin that jasmine tried to sidestep.

--OOC: if a move action is needed he will drop his blotting darkness to move, if not he will maintain it.
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:55 am

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next