Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:28 am

- OOC: I am going to start as simply as possible. For whatever reason, each of you are in the northern section of Twin Towns (or "Northlawn," if you're a local). I will let each of you decide exactly why you are there; maybe you're a local or just passing through, perhaps your previous adventures brought you here, or maybe you came here looking for something. You decide. (If your reasons are more than just "background," then either PM the details to me or mention it briefly in your initial post).

- OOC: More specifically, you are on the main boulevard that connects the two towns, in front of the Broken Boar (a local inn). You may have been heading toward the inn or leaving it, or you maybe you were just passing by. Your call. I'll even allow you to have a room there (already paid for), assuming it fits your reasons for being here.

- OOC: Go ahead and post.



Generations of ivy cling to the buildings of the Twin Towns, hinting at the age of the otherwise well-maintained structures. In many cases, shop owners and their families live in the same buildings where they ply their trades and conduct their businesses. The main boulevard is a wide cobblestone street, uniting the two towns and divided by a single row of trees that grow from the narrow meridian. The busy streets are populated with merchants and other townsfolk, as they go about their daily routines.

Although the sky is crowded with clouds, the weather is sunny and warm. Nice weather for so early in the season.

Looming before you is the Broken Boar: a three-story inn, favored by locals and travelers alike. Its burgundy exterior is unmistakable among the unpainted houses that surround it. A wooden sign hangs above the door, depicting what looks like two halves of a pig.

Just then, a murmur passes through the crowd. As you look around, you see an elderly man covered in blood, staggering along the main boulevard. His robes appear to be well-made, suggesting some degree of affluence. Those closest to him seem to be asking if he's alright, but many more have stopped to watch.

And then, the old man topples forward, falling face-down onto the cobblestones. A young boy, no more than ten years of age, runs over to check on him. Kneeling down, the kid cries out "Can somebody help him?!"
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:13 pm

After a long journey, from the southern part of the Wyrmstail mountains, Thane found himself in the Twin Towns. Having spent so much time in the mountains he had almost forgot what it was like, in what was considered, "normal" civilization. The hustle and bustle of the busy townsfolk gave him a feeling of angst and he felt himself regretting the departure from the solace the mountains provided.  Deciding to stay the course he asked a few people around town where a good place to rest is before continuing his journey. While standing in front of his destination....

Young man wrote:"Can somebody help him?!"

"Clear the way people, give the man some room."

Thane will try to investigate the mans wounds.

Roll: 6 (-2) = 4
* -2 penalty on all perception-related rolls and initiative rolls

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:17 pm

After waking up on the shores of The Great South Sea , Drakor spent a few days composing him self and getting his bearings. Drakor headed north for sometime, finally finding a road.. Drakor asked some travelers where he could find shelter. They pointed him west to a town called "Twin Towns". To his surprise, it was a relatively short trek compared to his journey north. Upon getting into town Drakor asked some locals where he could find rest. they pointed him to the local inn (broken boar)... As I approached the doors..

Young man wrote:"Can somebody help him?!"

The voice sounded frail and weak, as if it were a child or woman. I turn to see the commotion.

Thane wrote:"Clear the way people, give the man some room."

I see a giant man dressed in a dark robe making his way to the fallen man.

I dart through the crowd and assist in clearing towns folk from around the wounded man.
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Thane Ogemish ...

You reach the fallen old man and find three obvious wounds. He seems to have been set on fire, but not before suffering two puncture wounds (which seem to have been caused by an arrow or bolt, perhaps). His expensive robes are probably ruined. You also notice that he is wearing a strange signet ring, but you do not recognize the design.

The young boy looks up at you and whispers, "What are you going to do?"



Drakor ...

You manage to disperse the crowd somewhat, but it is clear to you that the townsfolk find you unnerving. Although they are backing away, they seem to be distancing themselves from you, rather than from the old man.



Everyone else ...

A towering man of enormous proportions is now examining the old man's injuries, but the old man doesn't seem to be getting any better. A much smaller man is dashing around trying to disperse the crowd, but the townsfolk seem to be getting more and more agitated by his presence.

- OOC: I responded to Thane and Drakor to give Iris, Jasime, and Taryk a little more to work with ... but I don't want to get too far ahead. So, I'll wait for them to post before responding again.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Young man wrote: "What are you going to do?" 

"Do you have a doctor in town? I will try and stop the bleeding if you go run and find a doctor."


Thane will tear a piece of cloth off the mans robes and try to apply pressure to the wounds to stop any bleeding.

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:19 pm

Malazek wrote:And then, the old man topples forward, falling face-down onto the cobblestones. A young boy, no more than ten years of age, runs over to check on him. Kneeling down, the kid cries out "Can somebody help him?!"
Helping the best that she can, Iris Landsend is assisting her family finish unloading their coach into their new home. The Landsends, once a powerful merchant family, now nearly broke and ostracized from their home city.
Hearing a commotion, Iris looks to her twin and begins to move towards the edge of town to see who needs help.

Alpha Omega wrote:"Clear the way people, give the man some room."
Hearing someone already taking charge of whatever the situation is, Iris concentrates on reaching the crowd before anything too bad happens.

Fu3l3dGam3r wrote:I see a giant man dressed in a dark robe making his way to the fallen man.

I dart through the crowd and assist in clearing towns folk from around the wounded man.
Seeing someone moving townsfolk away from the center of the crowd, Iris does her best to reach the center of commotion. Leaning heavily on her staff, she looks to her sister, knowing a look is all that it would take to have her clear the way.

"Please, move aside. I can help whomever needs it." Iris speaks so meekly that it is hard to hear her, even the people closest to her at the fringe of the crows barely notice.


Last edited by FutbolDude21586 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:45 pm

“You heard my sister, wide berth here,” a brassy voice cuts through the crowd. Jasmine Landsend helps Iris make her way up to the rapidly deteriorating stranger. “Welcome to our new home, eh?” she says wryly. “Does trouble follow you, or does it follow me?”
Jasmine moves behind the man to help prop him up, giving Iris better access. “Come on, stay with me, old fella,” she whispers.
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:48 am

Thane wrote:"Do you have a doctor in town? I will try and stop the bleeding if you go run and find a doctor."
The boy stares at Thane for a moment, clearly a little dazed, but then answers "the apothecary isn't too far."

Before he can get too far, however, two women make there way to your side. Both are red-headed and freckled ... but one is small and frail, while the other is hearty and tall.

Iris wrote:"Please, move aside. I can help whomever needs it."
Jasmine wrote: “Come on, stay with me, old fella,”
When you reach the victim, you see that an enormous man is attempting to staunch the old man's wounds, using pieces of fabric torn from the victim's opulent robes. A small boy is standing nearby by; he looks at you with trepidation and says "I'm going to go get the apothecary."
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Malazek wrote:...it is clear to you that the townsfolk find you unnerving. Although they are backing away, they seem to be distancing themselves from you, rather than from the old man.



Everyone else ...
...the townsfolk seem to be getting more and more agitated by his presence.

Drakor see's the agitation in the crowd growing with his presence and speaks in a commanding yet angelic voice to the crowd.

"Fear not, I am only trying to help."

Drakor see's two women making their way to the fallen man.  As they reach the fallen man, he looks at Thane and and the two women, shrouding his face from within his hood, and says:

"I am here if you all need my assistance. Just call upon me. My name is Drakor, I am a friend."

Drakor will attempt to stealthily duck into the shadows.

Roll: 7 (+2) = 9
* +2 on all stealth rolls via spellcraft (shadow magic)


Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Seeing someone already in control of the situation and tending to the man, Iris approaches.
"What exactly is wrong? Where is all of this blood from?"
Iris uses her sisters arm and staff to lower herself to the old mans side to get a better look at her patient.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Realizing that the two ladies know injuries better then him, Thane will step aside and give them room. 

"My name is Thane and I'll let you two take over from here. The most i can discern is that these injuries were caused by an arrow or bolt, well that and he has a few burns. Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help."

...Thane will try to look down the street in the direction that the old man came from looking for anything suspicious...


Roll: 3 (-2) = 1
* -2 penalty on all perception-related rolls and initiative rolls

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:57 pm

Taking a moment, Iris closes her eyes and concentrates. Opening them, they glow with an inner light. Looking over the fallen man, Iris nods. 

"Stay still, sir. You really don't want my sister to be forced to hold you still." Iris says, her eyes flicking up to Jasmine who is holding the mans head.

OOC: Used the forum's die roller to roll, it rolled a 1, plus 2 for spellcraft to check his injuries, for a total of 3.
As an automatic action, Iris will cast Basic Heal magic to close up the old man's wounds so at least he'll stop bleeding everywhere.


Last edited by FutbolDude21586 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:57 pm

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 1, 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Drakor heads into the shade and (almost) vanishes from sight. The townsfolk seem relieved.

Thane steps back and looks around, but doesn't see anything suspicious.

Iris examines the old man and comes to the same conclusions as Thane: he was impaled (probably by an arrow) and also burned.
With a bit of magic, she quickly seals the man's wounds, preventing him from bleeding out.



A little while later, Drakor and the twins see the young boy returning, with an elderly woman in tow. Thane, however, is surprised when the two of them "sneak up behind him" and the young boy tugs at his robes. "I brought her," the boy says.

The old woman rushes to Iris's side and kneels down, groaning as she bends so low. She then says "I know this man. His name is Jonrick. Please, help me get him to my shop ... we can care for him there, away from this obnoxious crowd."
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Listening to the old woman, Iris nods to her sister. "Jasmine, please help her. I'll be fine." Waving Jasmine off, Iris begins to struggle rising from the ground, leaning heavily on her staff.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:49 am

- OOC: When Zappo was having issues posting last night, she said to assume Jasmine was supporting Iris. So, I am going to assume that she helps carry the old man to the old woman's Apothecary shop. Anyone who wants to follow can do so.



Jasmine hoists the frail old man into her arms and carries him (albeit slowly) behind the old woman, who leads you to a nearby Apothecary shop, just a few blocks past the inn. The shop itself is rather small, with a number of boxed flower beds growing in front of the building.

Inside the tiny shop, your senses are assaulted by the sharp aroma of herbs and flowers. Tables stand against every wall, cluttered with hundreds of labelled clay pots. Some of the pots have lids, but others are being used as planters. Another table stands in the middle of the room, piled with bowls, utensils, and other instruments. There is fireplace in one corner of the room and a tall chest of many drawers in another. The floor is layered with old and ragged rugs. A single door stands against the back wall, opposite the entrance.

"Lie him there on the table," the old woman says, pointing to the cluttered workstation in the middle of the room. "Did any of you see what happened to him?"
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:14 pm

Jasmine hoists the unconscious man up on the table as directed.
“Did any of you see what happened to him?”

“I ought’n’t speak for the others, ma’am, but I believe we all found ourselves down the street about the same moment when he came staggerin’ up the back. I don’t think any of us saw what brought about his state. I thought I saw one fella ducking back, sorta looking to see what was behind him, if anything…unless I’m mistaken, which happens a lot. Look, rambling already.” She closes her mouth and steps back by Iris, instinctively holding her arm out so Iris can further steady herself if needed.

“You said you knew his name…who is he, exactly? Erm, you know…who is he?”
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:43 pm

At that moment, the group hears the front door to the shop open and close.

"Old woman? I wonder if you might have anything in your stock to help me match a certain pigment for my paints. I have this swatch of fabric that I... er... borrowed from a noble man and I--Oh!"

You see a wiry, scruffy, southern man in loose-fitting clothing enter the room between the shelves and stop suddenly as he notices the crowd.

"Is there a sale going on?"
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:48 pm

“You said you knew his name…who is he, exactly? Erm, you know…who is he?”

..Looking to the old woman..

"Indeed, did you say you knew this gentleman. Do you know of anyone that was looking to cause harm to him?"

...Thane then turns his head towards the door...

""Old woman? I wonder if you might have anything in your stock to help me match a certain pigment for my paints. I have this swatch of fabric that I... er... borrowed from a noble man and I--Oh!  ....   Is there a sale going on?"


"Sorry friend we seem to be occupying the old woman's time at the moment with this injured gentleman."

OOC: Thane will make a perception check (-2) looking over the stranger.


Last edited by Alpha Omega on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:48 pm

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Jasmine wrote:“You said you knew his name…who is he, exactly? Erm, you know…who is he?”
Thane wrote:"Indeed, did you say you knew this gentleman. Do you know of anyone that was looking to cause harm to him?"
The old woman stammers as Thane and Jasmine talk over one another asking her questions. Finally, she answers "Er, um, well, yes. His name is Jonrick. He's a merchant from Zargos. I bought a few books from him in the past, mostly reference books. Come to think of it, he did have a few older books ... mysterious books. It's possible they were valuable. Maybe someone robbed him of his wares?"
Taryk wrote:"Old woman? I wonder if you might have anything in your stock to help me match a certain pigment for my paints. I have this swatch of fabric that I... er... borrowed from a noble man and I--Oh!" ... "Is there a sale going on?"
Thane wrote:"Sorry friend we seem to be occupying the old woman's time at the moment with this injured gentleman."
"Well, yes, actually, right over there." The old woman points Taryk over toward the table with jarred pigments. She seems almost worried.
Thane wrote:OOC: perception check (-2) looking over the stranger.
Thane studies the newcomer: his wiry form, his dark coloration, the bow strapped across his back, his interest in painting, and the old woman's trepidation. Thane thinks he has heard of this man. Rumors only, but if this is indeed Taryk Stormbreaker, then he is quite unpredictable. No wonder the old woman seems nervous.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:39 am

Drakor watches where the group takes the injured man from the shadows and continues to watch the building and the rest of the towns folk for a short time looking for anything out of the ordinary or suspicious. he sees a wiry, scruffy, southern man in loose-fitting clothing enter the apothecary's building. he thinks to himself, there's nothing odd with that man, compared to myself, other then the intriguing way he dresses. 

Interested in what happened to the man, Drakor decides to swiftly move down the road the way the man came from following his trail of blood while maintaining stealth by staying in the shadows. while maintaining stealth and a high sense of awareness, he is looking for clues to what happened.


Stealth Roll: 7 (+2) = 9


Perception Roll: 10
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Malazek wrote:"Well, yes, actually, right over there." The old woman points Taryk over toward the table with jarred pigments. She seems almost worried.

"Oh, I can clearly see this old gentleman was here before me. Take your time. It seems like he'll need it." Taryk strolls around, hands in pockets, whistling and looking over the pigments and any new oddities.
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Drakor wrote:Drakor decides to swiftly move down the road the way the man came from following his trail of blood while maintaining stealth by staying in the shadows. while maintaining stealth and a high sense of awareness, he is looking for clues to what happened.
Stealth Roll: 7 (+2) = 9, Perception Roll: 10
Drakor moves north along the road, following the sporadic trail of blood. He does not find any evidence of a conflict in town, but follows the trail long enough to convinced himself that the incident happened far from town. 


-- OOC: I assume Drakor doesn't want to go TOO far into the wilderness on his own?
Taryk wrote:"Oh, I can clearly see this old gentleman was here before me. Take your time. It seems like he'll need it." Taryk strolls around, hands in pockets, whistling and looking over the pigments and any new oddities.
While looking over the wares, Taryk overhears what is being said to the others.



The old woman pulls a small vial from her pocket and continues, "I do have this. It should bring him back to his senses. It's a rather expensive item, but I'm sure Jonrick can afford it."

She uncorks the tiny bottle and pours the contents into the old man's mouth. She massages his throat to get him to swallow it. After a mere second, Jonrick opens his eyes.

"You with us?" the old woman asks.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:36 pm

"That is a marvelous potion! I must get the recipe from you!" Iris exclaims in her surprise when the man opens his eyes. Quickly looking around, Iris notices that Drakor is gone. "That large man is missing. Well, at least he helped get this man here." Iris is holding onto her sisters arm tightly for balance.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum