Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 9 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:46 pm

FutbolDude21586 wrote:
Malazek wrote:- OOC: Were you intending to do anything more with the warg?
- OOC: If not, can I assume the lair is the next order of business?
Watching the goblin run off, Iris turns her anger glare on her sister. "Jasmine! Sometimes I cannot believe we are sisters! That was unnecessary!" Turning away from Jasmine as quickly as she can, Iris asks the group. "What are we going to do with the warg? Leave it here unconscious and move on? And plans?" Iris glances towards the mountain path where Taryk disappeared to.

“Sister,” Jasmine says gently, rushing to embrace the smaller Landsend. “You of all by now should know I’m no monster. Leaving him to run back to his captain would be highly unsafe for the rest of us. The way I see it, making him into a beacon screamin’ that he’s been handled is the best chance that he’ll steer clear of the other goblins and we’ll be able to make our way safely through—while NOT killing him, mind you.” She seems ruffled at her sister’s scorn. “I don’t hear you yellin’ at the ones who killed the archers. Didja expect to make your way through without any blood or violence? Maybe I oughta fashion you up a blindfold.” She hoists Jasmine up and over to her place at the wheelbarrow.

Jasmine turns toward the lair. "Onward? she says to the rest of the group.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 9 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Thane wrote:"I was hoping to make a deal with him. If we are unable to revive him though I guess we just leave him be and continue on."
Jasmine wrote:"Onward? she says to the rest of the group.
- OOC: So ... one vote for reviving the warg and one vote for moving on? Taryk is still at the top of the cliff. Does Drakor or Merrill have an opinion on this? Ultimately, it's up to Iris, since she's the only one capable of reviving the warg at this point.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:58 am

Game Master wrote:- OOC: Were you intending to do anything more with the warg?
- OOC: If not, can I assume the lair is the next order of business?
Iris wrote: "What are we going to do with the warg? Leave it here unconscious and move on? And plans?"
Thane wrote:"I was hoping to make a deal with him. If we are unable to revive him though I guess we just leave him be and continue on."
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine turns toward the lair. "Onward? she says to the rest of the group.
Game Master wrote:- OOC: So ... one vote for reviving the warg and one vote for moving on? Taryk is still at the top of the cliff. Does Drakor or Merrill have an opinion on this? Ultimately, it's up to Iris, since she's the only one capable of reviving the warg at this point.
- OOC: Okay, it seems we are stagnating on this point (39 hours), so in the interest of moving things along ... let's say the group decided to leave the warg imprisoned, for now, and to come back later for it. You can decide then what to do with it. That way, there's no chance that it will "betray" you while you're dealing with the Goblin lair. Cool?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:13 am

The rest of the group makes their way to the rocky cliff-side, ascends to the top (using the ramp and ladders), and joins Taryk at the top. From there, they follow Taryk along the narrow path that cuts through the dense evergreens. The path leads them to the archers' blind, where both of goblin sentries lie dead (and looted).

From there, the narrow path turns northward, becoming increasingly steeper as it leads uphill. The path eventually takes you to another rocky cliff-face, this one with an unusual opening; the aperture appears to be a natural cave, blocked by a crude stone wall. The wall itself holds a single, round, wooden door. The wall is covered in what looks like graffiti; while numerous skulls dangle from ropes, hung from the roots that poke through the natural roof of the cave.

- OOC: The cave mouth is 6 yards wide and 3 yards high. The wall stands 2 yards back, into the cave. The door is 2 yards in diameter.
- OOC: The "graffiti" appears to be written in the Goblin tongue.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:18 am

Thane will look to Drakor...

"Perhaps you should lead? Do you remember the knock?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:Thane will look to Drakor...

"Perhaps you should lead? Do you remember the knock?"

Drakor steps out of the shadowy haze and haze seems to vanish at that moment. He looks to Thane; "Sure thing! I'll take the head, but i may not be the initial target once we come upon these retched foe." Drakor first makes his way over to the warg and runs his hand through the warg's corse hair, petting it as if it were a longtime pet. "Such a beautiful beast.", Drakor says in a soft voice. "I do think we should keep it, however I use those words loosely, they are quite intelligent and very evil." 

--OOC: I leave the writing flare to malazek  Smile
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:29 pm

"Any game plan or grand schemes?" Jasmine scratches her chin, her brow furrowing in thought.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:32 pm

"I want to see what this robed man has to say for himself," as he reaches for the door.

OOC: Feel free to stop him. I'm just playing his reckless nature.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:11 pm

“Hold yourself, there,” Jasmine says, grabbing Taryk’s wrist and arms. “We have the opportunity of maybe doing something with this knock he gave us—could give us a great advantage when it comes to clearing this place out and finding this robed fellow. It’ll at least let us surprise whoever opens—but that may be just one of the nasty creatures. Maybe we can cause some kind of commotion at the back at the same time we use the knock—I dunno, what do the rest of you think?
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:47 pm

Taryk smirks.  "Commotion is my middle name! Taryk Commotion Stormbreaker." He nods.  "Well, it would be... if I had any parents to name me."

He blinks a few times.

"I'll be around back!" He trots around the side of the structure.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Still sore at her sister, Iris backs away from the door. "Do as you may, Jasmine. You know I can't stop you."

OOC: Sorry for my absence, it was finals week and the last 2 days I was enjoying no responsibilities.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 01, 2016 7:17 am

Game Master wrote:The path eventually takes you to another rocky cliff-face, this one with an unusual opening; the aperture appears to be a natural cave, blocked by a crude stone wall. The wall itself holds a single, round, wooden door. The wall is covered in what looks like graffiti; while numerous skulls dangle from ropes, hung from the roots that poke through the natural roof of the cave.
- OOC: The cave mouth is 6 yards wide and 3 yards high. The wall stands 2 yards back, into the cave. The door is 2 yards in diameter.
- OOC: The "graffiti" appears to be written in the Goblin tongue.
Taryk wrote:"I'll be around back!" He trots around the side of the structure.
Taryk moves quickly alongside rocky cliff, looking for a way to get "behind" the cave ... but he doesn't get far, before realizing that it's just part of the hill. The surrounding ground gradually slopes up, until (fifty yards or so from the cave-mouth) there is little evidence of the steep cliff. From this vantage point, Taryk has higher ground and can easily see the rest of the party (still standing in front of the cave mouth). Other than travelling several miles to the other side of the hill, however, there is no easy way to get behind the cave itself.

- OOC: I went ahead and made a perception roll for Taryk: (d10 + Alert) = 9

While standing uphill and away from cave entrance, Taryk catches the scent something burning, nearby. Turning toward the source of the odor, he notices a faint trail of smoke, emerging from somewhere further up the hill ... it looks to be billowing from the top of a leafless tree, standing amidst the many pines that dominate this hilltop.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 01, 2016 7:41 am

- OOC: I drew a quick sketch of the cave-mouth, but apparently my scanner no longer wants to work. Let me find a way to upload this image.
- OOC: Alright, that issue proved to be a network problem. I have it fixed.

- OOC: Here is a very hasty sketch of the door; things are not necessarily to scale. Please excuse the sloppy handwriting.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 9 Goblin%20Lair%20Door_zpsaclfcj2w
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun May 01, 2016 9:49 am

...Examining the door and the immediate area...

"We should decide soon before we no longer have the element of surprise. Maybe we should all hide and let Drakor knock. He can blend in with these shadows while knocking. When the goblin(s) open the door and see no one is here maybe they'll come wandering out, at which point we can surprise them and kill 'em outside of the cave. Hopefully that will help keep him from alerting others and we will maintain our element of surprise to proceed further into the cave. I'm open for other suggestions though, maybe combine that with the distraction somehow?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sun May 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:...Examining the door and the immediate area...

"We should decide soon before we no longer have the element of surprise. Maybe we should all hide and let Drakor knock. He can blend in with these shadows while knocking. When the goblin(s) open the door and see no one is here maybe they'll come wandering out, at which point we can surprise them and kill 'em outside of the cave. Hopefully that will help keep him from alerting others and we will maintain our element of surprise to proceed further into the cave. I'm open for other suggestions though, maybe combine that with the distraction somehow?"

OOC: Thanks for the map, I don't recall an actual description of the area but now that I know the general layout, Iris will go hide behind the boulders.

Throwing her hands up, Iris limps towards the boulders. "May Wodana have mercy upon all our souls for the atrocities that we are about to commit..." As Iris gets further away it is more difficult to hear what she is saying but you can tell it is a general prayer to Wodana for forgiveness.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Iris wrote:I don't recall an actual description of the area
-OOC: Yeah, unfortunately, that is one of the challenges of play-by-post: that is, we can't rely on body language to tell when something needs to be clarified.

Game Master wrote:Taryk reaches the rocky cliff-side without problem and climbs to the top. At the top, he finds the land densely packed with ever greens. A winding footpath separates the trees, disappearing into the forest. Knowing already where the path leads, he follows it around to another wooden ladder than leads up to the blind ... but the path also continues on, further up the hill.
Game Master wrote:From there, the narrow path turns northward, becoming increasingly steeper as it leads uphill. The path eventually takes you to another rocky cliff-face, this one with an unusual opening; the aperture appears to be a natural cave, blocked by a crude stone wall. The wall itself holds a single, round, wooden door. The wall is covered in what looks like graffiti; while numerous skulls dangle from ropes, hung from the roots that poke through the natural roof of the cave
- OOC: The "graffiti" appears to be written in the Goblin tongue
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sun May 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Taryk returns via the top of the cliff, over the doorway. He lies belly-down with his head hanging over the side. "Hey, kids. Looks like someone's having a bonfire back that way. Think we should check it out?"
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Mon May 02, 2016 9:57 am

"Part of me thinks the knock may be a trap, but i will knock if everyone agree's."  As Drakor is speaking the area around him starts to get smokey almost as if the shadows are surrounding Drakor and by the time he finishes speaking he is almost impossible to see.

Drakor looks to the party for approval before knocking. "It may be worth while to take out the party at the bon fire first and enter from the rear."
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon May 02, 2016 9:10 pm

“I’m in agreement with the plan for Drakor to knock while we hide…ya know, if Drakor is on board with that plan. I think we should check the smoke out but maybe oughta finish up here.”

Jasmine moves to hide near Iris. “Quit bein’ a baby,” she whispers.

OOC: hide
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 02, 2016 9:10 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue May 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Thane will pull two large javelins up from the earth...

"I'm fine with either plan, we can check out that back first."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue May 03, 2016 9:26 pm

OOC: Sorry I've been absent! I've been moving to California the last week. 

"I think we should use the knock and be ready to attack who answers."

She pulls her bow and nocks an arrow
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue May 03, 2016 11:02 pm

OOC: It sounds like the majority wants to knock now and check out the smoke later? If so, we're just waiting on Drakor to actually knock, right?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed May 04, 2016 2:02 am

Malazek wrote:OOC: It sounds like the majority wants to knock now and check out the smoke later? If so, we're just waiting on Drakor to actually knock, right?

OOC: Correct! Or someone, yes.

OOC: Rolling for Hide (behind the boulders).
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 04, 2016 2:02 am

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next