Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:20 am

Taryk wrote:Taryk quickly points out the goblin archers and ducks into cover, prepared to fire upon them.
Merrill wrote:Merrill focuses in on the goblin on the dog and fires two arrows at it. 
Drakor wrote:Drakor looks to where Taryk was pointing to see these ranged foes.
Drakor uses the shadows and shrubbery in the forest to maintain not being seen, sneaking closer to the enemies.
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine leans out, peering from her vantage point, cursing her bum eye under her breath. With little she can do until she has a goblin right in front of her, she concentrates on doing her best to make herself a poor target. She hears Merrill’s arrows ping off into the woods, but doesn’t hear the sound of a foe reacting to a hit.

“Pssst,” she whispers to the rest, “think we should try and talk to ‘em, see if they know anything about the heist? We can always get around to the thrashin’ if we need to.”
-- OOC: Quick Recap: Taryk successfully points out the location of the goblins to all of his allies, while taking cover behind a nearby tree. Merrill quickly fires two arrows; in her haste, she fires the first one way too high, but the second is a bit closer. Drakor takes a moment to see what Taryk is pointing at, and then blends into the shadows to move closer to the enemies. Staying hidden behind another tree, Jasmine peers out, but decides to wait.


Goblin Archers
Viewing the largest foe as the biggest threat, the two Goblin archers both fire at Thane. Their primitive arrows fly fly from the distant leaves, soaring true upon their mark ...

- Thane: Give me two defense rolls, please. The TN to defend against their attacks is 7, but their primitive arrows only deal 4 damage ... which means the DR of your rock armor will completely block it, unless you roll a Natural 1. If you do roll a Natural 1, then the arrow deals 8 damage (meaning you suffer 4 points, after subtracting your DR).

Warg & Rider
The wolf-riding Goblin and his mount emerge from the distant trees and race quickly down the ramps in the distance. As they reach ground level, they turn sharply toward you and tear across the stump-laden killing field. As they draw nearer, it becomes obvious that they are heading directly toward Drakor.

- OOC: After descending the ramp, the mount moves another 8 yards closer to you (putting him roughly 67 yards from the party, but only 63 yards from Drakor).

- OOC: Iris and Thane, please post your actions.


Last edited by Malazek on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:24 am

GM wrote:- Thane: Give me two defense rolls, please. The TN to defend against their attacks is 7, but their primitive arrows only deal 4 damage ... which means the DR of your rock armor will completely block it, unless you roll a Natural 1. If you do roll a Natural 1, then the arrow deals 8 damage (meaning you suffer 4 points, after subtracting your DR).

Defense Rolls: 2(+2)=4 & 4(+2)=6

Thane will shrug off the arrows as if they weren't even a concern, move two yards and then throw a large javelin at the warg.

ATK: 5(+2) = 7
DMG: 7

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Figuring on the branches possibly deflecting his arrows, Taryk tosses care to the wind and targets the first goblin in the tree with bow.

OOC: Marksmanship = 2+ 2 = 4
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Malazek wrote:- OOC: Iris and Thane, please post your actions.
Her eyes seeking out her sister in fear, Iris makes herself as small as possible, hiding behind the stump and wheelbarrow.

OOC: Rolling stealth to hide. +0


GM EDit: OOC: Die roll = 9
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Thane wrote:Thane will shrug off the arrows as if they weren't even a concern, move two yards and then throw a large javelin at the warg.
Defense Rolls: 2(+2)=4 & 4(+2)=6

ATK: 5(+2) = 7, DMG: 7
Iris wrote:Her eyes seeking out her sister in fear, Iris makes herself as small as possible, hiding behind the stump and wheelbarrow.
Quick Recap: Seemingly impervious to the Goblin's arrows, the mighty Thane strolls forward and lobs an enormous stone javelin at the approaching Warg. The projectile strikes the foul creature, inflicting grievous injury and causing the enormous wolf-like monster to yelp in agony. Meanwhile, Iris takes cover and vanishes from sight.


BEGIN ROUND 2
Taryk wrote:Figuring on the branches possibly deflecting his arrows, Taryk tosses care to the wind and targets the first goblin in the tree with bow.
OOC: Marksmanship = 2+ 2 = 4
Indeed, Taryks' arrow impales itself into one of the many branches hiding the Goblins.

- OOC: Merrill, Jasmine, Drakor: You're up.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:11 pm

Seeing the injuries inflicted to the warg by Thane, Drakor will set his sights for the warg. Drakor continuing to blip into the darkness, using all cover to his advantage, hoping not to be seen by the archers and goblin-rider, Drakor will attempt to flank the warg and rider.

--OOC: if Drakor is within range (flanking the enemy) in a single move he will attack, if not he will double move, hopefully to have flanked the warg & rider by now.
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Fu3l3dGam3r wrote:--OOC: if Drakor is within range (flanking the enemy) in a single move he will attack, if not he will double move, hopefully to have flanked the warg & rider by now.
-- OOC: The rider is still a way's off. He was 63 yards away at the end of his turn. You move 4 per action, so with both actions, you are 8 yards closer ... but he's still 55 yards away at the end of your turn. (This is exactly what a killing field is designed to do: to allow the archers (who are hidden in the trees) to keep firing at you as you approach. 



-- OOC: Don't worry: not every fight will favor the archers. I plan to include a mix of combat scenarios.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Merrill will fire another two shots, this time at one of the archer goblins. 

+2 for marksmanship, 5 damage each if they hit.

-OOC: 8 & 11, much better then the last time!


Last edited by Somnium on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding rolls back in)
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:21 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


#1 'd10' : 6

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:30 pm

Jasmine spots the goblins moving toward the group, but still far off. For a split second she hunkers down further in her hiding spot near her sister, her mind racing. Jasmine isn’t one for strategy and this situation is making her nervous, even though she feels confident she can cleave these puny thieves. “If I can get one, I’m keepin’ it alive,” she says to Iris. She glances out again, seeing Drakor moving toward the two adversaries. She curses under her breath again, and then leaps from behind the stump and dashes toward the goblin on the hideous beast, following Drakor’s lead.

OOC: Dash toward enemy
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:21 am

Drakor wrote:Drakor continuing to blip into the darkness, using all cover to his advantage, hoping not to be seen by the archers and goblin-rider, Drakor will attempt to flank the warg and rider.
Merrill wrote:Merrill will fire another two shots, this time at one of the archer goblins. 
Jasmine wrote:She curses under her breath again, and then leaps from behind the stump and dashes toward the goblin on the hideous beast, following Drakor’s lead.
Quick Recap: Drakor continues to sneak toward the warg and its rider, sticking to the shadows and trying to stay hidden. Jasmine leaves the safety of cover, and rushes behind him. Meanwhile, Merrill fires two more arrows; this time sticking two into a distant archer.

"OGG! FRALK JO! JO LUZIN HOOM!!" the wounded Goblin cries out. Apparently, these little monsters are tougher than you thought.



Goblin Archers
The goblin archers return fire, this time sending both arrows toward Merrill!

- OOC: Merrill needs to make two defense rolls (i.e. +2 from Defense, +1 from Quick Reflexes, and +1 from cover ... so d10+4). The TN is 7. If she fails to dodge either arrow, she will suffer 2 points of damage (the primitive arrows deal 4, but her armor reduces that by 2). If either roll is a Natural 1, however, then she will suffer 6 points of damage (8 from the arrow, -2 from her armor).

Warg & Rider
The warg continues to charge forward, changing course slightly as it turns towards Thane.


- OOC: The warg races forward 16 yards! That puts it (and its rider) only 47 yards from Merrill, Iris, and Taryk; 45 yards from Thane; 41 yards from Jasmine; and only 39 yards from Drakor.



- OOC: Thane and Iris are up (to finish Round 2)
- OOC: As soon as they go, it will be Taryk, Merrill, Jasmine, and Drakor again (start of Round 3).
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:09 am

Merrill hopes her cover will be enough to protect her.  

-OOC: +4 to not get hit
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:09 am

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


#1 'd10' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:16 pm

Thane will hold out his right hand and force the earth around him to construct a large Javelin. As the Javelin draws closer to his hand he will pull it from the earth and hurl it at the warg.

ATK: 9 (+2) = 11
DMG: 7

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Jasmine continues to run toward the warg, drawing her weapon.
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Taryk curses his luck and takes aim again at the little snot in the tree.

OOC: Marksman +2, 5 damage.
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:16 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:24 am

Somnium wrote:Merrill hopes her cover will be enough to protect her.  
-OOC: +4 to not get hit
#1 'd10' : 9 (+4 =13)
#2 'd10' : 10 (+4 = 14)
Both arrows strike the nearby tree, as Merrill cautiously takes cover behind it.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:34 am

Thane wrote:Thane will hold out his right hand and force the earth around him to construct a large Javelin. As the Javelin draws closer to his hand he will pull it from the earth and hurl it at the warg.
-- ATK: 9 (+2) = 11, DMG: 7
Iris wrote:-- OOC: I'm thinking of going 4 "yards/movements" into the long "party to gobos" treeline, to keep an eye on the party and to stay close to them while staying in cover a bit.
Quick Recap: Thane forms a crude stone javelin from the ground around him and hurls it through the air, striking the giant wolf-like monster as it's charging closer. Iris hobbles along the treeline, attempting to skirt the killing field and (somewhat) maintain pace with the party.

The javelin strikes the warg hard, stopping it momentarily in it's charge. The vile creature wobbles for a moment, shaking it's head, before looking up at Thane with low growl. You hear its Goblin rider whispering something at the mount, but you can't make it out.



BEGIN ROUND 3
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine continues to run toward the warg, drawing her weapon.
Taryk wrote:Taryk curses his luck and takes aim again at the little snot in the tree.
OOC: Marksman +2, 5 damage.
'd10' : 7 (+2 = 9)
- OOC: Jasmine is now 33 yards from the warg.

Quick recap: As Jasmine runs forward, Taryk fires another arrow ... this one sinking deep into the chest of the wounded Goblin.

The foul creature staggers a bit and topples from the tree blind to the ground below. The other archer shakes his fist at you.



- OOC: Iris and Drakor are next, followed by the Goblins.


Last edited by Malazek on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:11 am

Merrill will fire two more arrows at the other archer

-OOC: +2 for Marksmanship. 


-OOC: oooo, 10 and 12. Five damage for the first, I'm not sure how much a crit with a bow does. 


Last edited by Somnium on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:11 am

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


#1 'd10' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:30 am

Somnium wrote:-OOC: oooo, 10 and 12. Five damage for the first, I'm not sure how much a crit with a bow does. 
-OOC: Double! So 10! (That will definitely take out the last Goblin, but I'll wait until after Drakor posts to narrate that).
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:06 pm

OOC: Also, if anyone hasn't answered the "How easy was character creation?" poll in the System Feedback thread, please take a moment to do so.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:01 pm

Drakor pushes on, surrounded in a dark fog, toward the warg and its rider.
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill will fire two more arrows at the other archer
-OOC: +2 for Marksmanship. 
-OOC: oooo, 10 and 12. Five damage for the first; ten for the second
Drakor wrote:Drakor pushes on, surrounded in a dark fog, toward the warg and its rider.
Quick Recap: Drakor continues to weave toward the enemy, utilizing both shadows and the terrain to remain hidden. Meanwhile, Merrill fires two well-placed arrows into the last archer, who slumps downs dead in the tree blind ahead.



Warg & Rider
Severely wounded, the warg cries out. "WAIT! WAIT! These foul Goblins blackmailed me into service! Free me from their clutches and I will join you!"
The Goblin on his back stammers, "wh-what? You lie! Don't believe him, heroes! Wargs are nasty liars, every one of 'em!"

- OOC: That still leaves Drakor 15 yards from his target.



- OOC: Iris and Thane are up next ... then everyone else, again. 


Last edited by Malazek on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum