Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 8 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill will look him over for anything that looks out of place
The captured Goblin is dressed in tattered clothes and worn furs, with a crude shield, and a rather shabby cloak. His spear, however, seems to be of remarkable craftsmanship.
- OOC: His spear is actually a "superior" lance. It's too long to be thrown, but deals 4 points of damage (doubled on mounted a charge).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 8 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:58 am

Drakor staying true to form, stays engulfed in a smokey hue, unseen to the group and goblin. Drakor will also kepp an eye out for anything odd or fishy. Drakor will then wisp through the shadows by the restrained goblin and wisper to him,

--OOC: part of me wants my character to slightly cut the goblin, only a superficial cut to add to the potential terror.

"Try anything, anything at all and I'll have your head for sheer fun.. Muahhaha!" 

perception roll: 5

intimidation roll: 9 --OOC: is intimidation a social roll? if so i have -2 so 7, if not the 9 stands. Very Happy
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:25 pm

Drakor wrote:OOC: is intimidation a social roll?
OOC: It is.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:
"Thane, is it still alive? Do you think you could restrain it and keep it from hurting us if I heal it?" Iris asks, motioning towards the warg.

"Yes, I can keep it restrained."

Thane will press his hand against the ground and form a prison of earth around the wargs legs and body keeping it pinned to to the ground.
"Thank you, Thane." Iris nods to Thane then approaches the warg. "Would someone please watch my back, in case it breaks free?" Iris looks arounds at the group before kneeling next to the warg and inspects it.

OOC: Rolling Apothecary (+2) to see if it is still alive. If it is, I'll bring it back to 0HP with Basic Heal Magic.

OOC: Ignore the second roll, still trying to figure out the forums roller.

Last edited by FutbolDude21586 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:48 pm

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6, 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Iris wrote:"Thank you, Thane." Iris nods to Thane then approaches the warg. "Would someone please watch my back, in case it breaks free?" Iris looks arounds at the group before kneeling next to the warg and inspects it.

Merrill will pull her bow again and nock an arrow as she moves up closer to the warg and Iris, ready to loose it at any sign of attack.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:24 pm

OOC: Who is the goblin referencing when he says (it was) “those guys” and “the guys inside?” Would Jasmine understand what he means?

“Tell me more about this Chief Mutspew—where is he now? What was his role in the robbery and his connection to the man in robes? Just hired by him, or is there more?”

Jasmine grits her teeth, tightening her grip on the goblin. “And I want to know everything about Mutspew’s setup—not only where he is, but how many of you are in and around there, and anything else you know.”

OOC: I assume I don’t need another intimidation roll yet?
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:20 pm

Thane will prepare to re-enforce the earth prison if necessary.

..nodding at the healer...

"Ready when you  are!"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Iris wrote:Iris looks arounds at the group before kneeling next to the warg and inspects it.
OOC: Rolling Apothecary (+2) to see if it is still alive. If it is, I'll bring it back to 0HP with Basic Heal Magic.
The warg is alive, but quickly fading. With the most basic of healing magicks, Iris is able to save it ... but it does not regain consciousness.
- OOC: If you spend an AP to heal it 3 more HPs, it will regain consciousness.

Jasmine wrote:OOC: Who is the goblin referencing when he says (it was) “those guys” and “the guys inside?” Would Jasmine understand what he means?
- OOC: By "those guys," he means the archers ... but Jasmine doesn't necessarily know who he means by "the guys inside."

Jasmine wrote:“Tell me more about this Chief Mutspew—where is he now? What was his role in the robbery and his connection to the man in robes? Just hired by him, or is there more?”
"He ... he's inside ... the lair ... just up the hill. Connection? I don't know! The man in robes just told us about the merchant. He said he just wanted some old book! He told us ... he told us we could keep the rest!"

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine grits her teeth, tightening her grip on the goblin. “And I want to know everything about Mutspew’s setup—not only where he is, but how many of you are in and around there, and anything else you know.”
"The lair ... um ... has many traps. I don't know all of them, but there is one just inside the door. There are four rooms off the main hall, but Chief Mutspew's throne room is at the very end. How many ... of us? I don't know ... um ... 30? 40?"

Jasmine wrote:OOC: I assume I don’t need another intimidation roll yet?
- OOC: Nah. One is enough.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:11 am

Malazek wrote:The warg is alive, but quickly fading. With the most basic of healing magicks, Iris is able to save it ... but it does not regain consciousness.
- OOC: If you spend an AP to heal it 3 more HPs, it will regain consciousness.

"He ... he's inside ... the lair ... just up the hill. Connection? I don't know! The man in robes just told us about the merchant. He said he just wanted some old book! He told us ... he told us we could keep the rest!"
"I was able to save its life, but it is unconscious for now. Thane, will your bindings hold it for now?" Iris asks, worried about her patient.

Upon hearing "some old book", Iris speaks up. "Did you happen to see what book this was? Do you remember anything about it? Or perhaps where this robed man went?"
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:34 am

Iris wrote:"Did you happen to see what book this was? Do you remember anything about it? Or perhaps where this robed man went?"
"No ... no ... nothing! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I don't ... I don't know! I'm just a scout."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:53 pm

“Just a scout? Riding a mount? That’s odd.” She calls out to the others. “His story stinks to me. What do the rest of you think? Do you think he’s earned a quick death? Or should I try and draw some more info out of him, see if he’s holding out on us?”
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:59 pm

Jasmine wrote:“Just a scout? Riding a mount? That’s odd.” She calls out to the others. “His story stinks to me. What do the rest of you think? Do you think he’s earned a quick death? Or should I try and draw some more info out of him, see if he’s holding out on us?”
"What?! But no!" the Goblin interrupts. "I've told you everything! I'll even tell you the secret knock, if you let me go!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:13 pm

"I was able to save its life, but it is unconscious for now. Thane, will your bindings hold it for now?"

"Yes, it will not be able to escape."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Malazek wrote:
Jasmine wrote:“Just a scout? Riding a mount? That’s odd.” She calls out to the others. “His story stinks to me. What do the rest of you think? Do you think he’s earned a quick death? Or should I try and draw some more info out of him, see if he’s holding out on us?”
"What?! But no!" the Goblin interrupts. "I've told you everything! I'll even tell you the secret knock, if you let me go!"

“Ah, so now we have some real info, eh? Convenient for you. Alright.” She looks around to the others. “I’ll let you live if you give me the knock. If there are no objections.”
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:08 pm

Jasmine wrote:“Ah, so now we have some real info, eh? Convenient for you. Alright.” She looks around to the others. “I’ll let you live if you give me the knock. If there are no objections.”
- OOC: If that is a lie (and Jasmine does not really intend to let him) then please give me a Deception roll (d10+0).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 pm

OOC: No lie...unless the other players rally for an execution.

Last edited by zappo168 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:45 am

zappo168 wrote:
“Ah, so now we have some real info, eh? Convenient for you. Alright.” She looks around to the others. “I’ll let you live if you give me the knock. If there are no objections.”

Merrill keeps her eyes on the Warg, but yells back, "Goblins are a plague on this forest. I'm not sure letting him live is wise. But I'll go with the will of the group"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:03 am

Jasmine wrote:“I’ll let you live if you give me the knock. If there are no objections.”
Hearing no objections, the goblin bangs his knuckles against Jasmine's armor, demonstrating the secret knock: bump ... bump-bump ... bump.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:30 am

"There, we have the knock, sweet sister. Now we can let him go. Please release him." Iris says calmly from the wargs side.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Jasmine grasps the goblin’s long ear with one hand and whips one of her small throwing blades from her belt. She forcefully jabs the tip into the middle of the goblin’s ear as he howls in pain, then rips the knife through so the ear, while left on his head, dangles hopelessly mutilated. She then does the same thing about an inch from the first jab, but slices toward the end of the first cut so he is left with part of an ear missing, but not a random slice as could have occurred during battle. This cut is purposely precise. “In case you find yerself itchin t’run back to the cap’n, even if everything you’ve told us is hogwash--anyone smart enough to rise the ranks of you common punks is gonna see you were handled by an enemy…and wonder why it is that you were let go. The obvious conclusion is that you turned on your own. So you and your warg get used to life as hermits, eh? But we give you your life.” She lets go of the goblin and shoves him forward. “Now get outta here before I change my mind.”
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Jasmine wrote:“Now get outta here before I change my mind.”
The mutilated Goblin runs for his life.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:50 pm

Iris wrote:"I was able to save its life, but it is unconscious for now. Thane, will your bindings hold it for now?" Iris asks, worried about her patient.
- OOC: Were you intending to do anything more with the warg?

Taryk wrote:"Quite the set up these guys have! Not sure what load of dung Mr. Personality's spewing at you down there, but it's quite obvious our benefactor was not the only person waylaid by these twerps!  They've got tree blinds--and ladders! They've dug in here. Probably sacked many travelers.  And there's a path further on! May lead to a lair."
- OOC: If not, can I assume the lair is the next order of business?

Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:01 pm

Malazek wrote:- OOC: Were you intending to do anything more with the warg?
- OOC: If not, can I assume the lair is the next order of business?
Watching the goblin run off, Iris turns her anger glare on her sister. "Jasmine! Sometimes I cannot believe we are sisters! That was unnecessary!" Turning away from Jasmine as quickly as she can, Iris asks the group. "What are we going to do with the warg? Leave it here unconscious and move on? And plans?" Iris glances towards the mountain path where Taryk disappeared to.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 pm

"I was hoping to make a deal with him. If we are unable to revive him though I guess we just leave him be and continue on."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next