Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 pm

OOC: Just to be clear, there are no beasts of burden with the wagon ... so, moving it (especially off trail, through the hills) will be extremely difficult (maybe even impossible).


OOC: Also, since some (or maybe all) of the party followed the tracks north for half an hour, anything left in the wagon is probably unguarded. Are you fine with that? 
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill will look around to make sure there aren't any sentries guarding this point of access to the cliff.
OOC: Perception 4 + 0 = 4
Jasmine wrote:“Hold back,” Jasmine whispers. She points to the dense evergreens to Merill. “Lookout point?”
Drakor wrote:Drakor maintains his shadowy disposition
Taryk wrote:Taryk ... places himself at a high vantage point and uses his keen senses to survey the surrounding area.
OOC: Perception 4 + 2 = 6
Merrill and Jasmine survey the woods from afar, but see no sign of sentries. After a moment, though, they hear guttural voices in the distance. 

Having taken to high ground, Taryk quickly spots the sources of those voices: two Goblin archers, hiding in a camouflaged tree blind in the forest ahead. They are pointing toward the rest of the party, while shouting down to someone on the ground. Then, Taryk sees who it is they are talking to: a Goblin spearman riding an enormous wolf of some sort.

- OOC: Drakor and Taryk, please give me stealth rolls.
- OOC: Thane and Iris, please give me perception rolls.
- OOC: Everyone give me an initiative roll (which is D10+2 for Jasmine, d10+1 for Drakor and Merrill, d10-2 for Thane, and d10+0 for everyone else).
- OOC: The Goblins are still about 75 yards away from you.


Last edited by Malazek on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Malazek wrote:Merrill and Jasmine survey the woods from afar, but see no sign of sentries. After a moment, though, they hear guttural voices in the distance. 

Having taken to high ground, Taryk quickly spots the sources of those voices: two Goblin archers, hiding in a camouflaged tree blind in the forest ahead. They are pointing toward the rest of the party, while shouting down to someone on the ground. Then, Taryk sees who it is they are talking to: a Goblin spearman riding an enormous wolf of some sort.

- OOC: Drakor and Taryk, please give me stealth rolls.
- OOC: Thane and Iris, please give me perception rolls.
- OOC: Everyone give me an initiative roll (which is D10+2 for Jasmine, d10+1 for Drakor and Merrill, and d10+0 for everyone else).
- OOC: The Goblins are still about 75 yards away from you.

-OOC: Initiative +1!
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:50 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Thane will pull one of his pre-made two handed javelins from his back and look around what appears to be a killing field.

OOC: I don't see a way to differentiate multiple rolls, so I'll let you choose which is which this time. I think I'm going to give up on the forums dice roller.


Last edited by Alpha Omega on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:22 pm

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


#1 'd10' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:OOC: I don't see a way to differentiate multiple rolls, so I'll let you choose which is which this time. I think I'm going to give up on the forums dice roller.
OOC: They're both pretty low, given your disadvantage. Let's say Perception is 2 and Initiative is -1.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:55 pm


Jasmine grasps at her belt for her throwing knives, gauging whether to launch a thrown attack or simply attack with her trusty sword. Finally, deciding she may not be able to recover her knives with her bad eye and the forested terrain, she unsheaths her blade and finds a spot where she thinks she will not make a good target in case of ranged attack and can wait for someone to fight her hand-to-hand.
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:55 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 4

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Merrill and Jasmine survey the woods from afar, but see no sign of sentries. After a moment, though, they hear guttural voices in the distance. 

Having taken to high ground, Taryk quickly spots the sources of those voices: two Goblin archers, hiding in a camouflaged tree blind in the forest ahead. They are pointing toward the rest of the party, while shouting down to someone on the ground. Then, Taryk sees who it is they are talking to: a Goblin spearman riding an enormous wolf of some sort.

Having taken to high ground, Taryk quickly spots the sources of those voices: two Goblin archers, hiding in a camouflaged tree blind in the forest ahead. They are pointing toward the rest of the party, while shouting down to someone on the ground. Then, Taryk sees who it is they are talking to: a Goblin spearman riding an enormous wolf of some sort.

- OOC: Drakor and Taryk, please give me stealth rolls.
- OOC: Thane and Iris, please give me perception rolls.
- OOC: Everyone give me an initiative roll (which is D10+2 for Jasmine, d10+1 for Drakor and Merrill, d10-2 for Thane, and d10+0 for everyone else).
- OOC: The Goblins are still about 75 yards away from you.

stealth Roll: 4 (+2) = 6

Initiative Roll: 8 (+1) = 9

Drakor pulls his dagger from their sheaths. Finally some goblins to kill, if only the other could see the grin of delight on his face.
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Malazek wrote:OOC: Also, since some (or maybe all) of the party followed the tracks north for half an hour, anything left in the wagon is probably unguarded. Are you fine with that? 
OOC: Fine by me. I assumed Taryk dropped the bag in the wheelbarrow, not the wagon.

Malazek wrote:- OOC: Thane and Iris, please give me perception rolls.
- OOC: Everyone give me an initiative roll (which is D10+2 for Jasmine, d10+1 for Drakor and Merrill, d10-2 for Thane, and d10+0 for everyone else).
OOC: First roll is perception, second is initiative.

Seeing everyone take defensive positions, Iris crouches low behind a tree stump near where Jasmine left the wheelbarrow.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:59 pm

OOC: Forgot the rolls!!
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:59 pm

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


#1 'd10' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:34 pm

OOC: Everyone who is listening can hear the voices.
OOC: Only those who rolled a 5 or higher for perception (Taryk and Iris) can already see the Goblins.
OOC: Initiative so far is as follows: Drakor 10, Merrill 7, Jasmine 6, Goblins 5, Iris, 3, Thane -1 ... but we're still waiting on Taryk's rolls.



OOC: In previous PBP games, I have allowed players to post their actions in any order, after which I simply posted a "recap" that placed everything back in order ... but I think we have too many players for that approach to work. I think that way will quickly become confusing and chaotic. Nonetheless, the traditional method of posting actions in actual initiative order will take forever. So, what I'd like to do is take a more "Cypher-esque" approach here on the forum. Basically, everyone who rolled higher than a 5 (Drakor, Merrill, and Jasmine) will post first; then I will post for the Goblins; then everyone who rolled lower than the Goblins (Iris and Thane) will post. (I'll fit Taryk in there after he rolls). Within those groupings, the actual "order" doesn't really matter much.



OOC: Remember, the Goblins are still 75 yards away and up a cliff (or up a tree that is also up a cliff). Most of you can only move 4 yards with each action (and you get two actions per round, but usually only one of those can be an attack). The effective range of most ranged weapons is described in the Player document.

OOC: Also, there's nothing that says you HAVE TO mount head-on frontal attack (though you can, if that's what you choose to do).
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:59 am

OOC: Initiative = 5 + 1 = 6, Stealth = 7 + 2 = 9. 

Taryk quickly points out the goblin archers and ducks into cover, prepared to fire upon them.
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:17 pm

OOC: Initiatives: Drakor 10, Merrill 7, Jasmine 6, Taryk 6, Goblins 5, Iris, 3, Thane -1




OOC: Since Taryk has pointed out the archers, I'll give everyone a +1 bonus to their previous perception roll (meaning that Merrill can now see them, as well). Going forward, everyone else (Jasmine, Drakor, Thane) has the option of using an action to try again to spot the hidden goblins (by making another perception roll, this time with an additional +1 bonus).


OOC: Drakor, Merrill, and Jasmine go ahead and post your actions for Round 1.


Last edited by Malazek on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:58 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:45 pm

OOC - Since I can see them now, can I fire? If so I'll do the following and use my extra attack advantage


Merrill focuses in on the goblin on the dog and fires two arrows at it. 

Roll! +2 for marksmanship!



Edit OOC - Man she's not as great with the bow as she should be....


Last edited by Somnium on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : comment on my rolls)
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:45 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


#1 'd10' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Somnium wrote:OOC - Since I can see them now, can I fire? If so I'll do the following and use my extra attack advantage
OOC: Yes, absolutely.
Somnium wrote:Edit OOC - Man she's not as great with the bow as she should be....
#1 'd10' : 1
#2 'd10' : 2
OOC: Yeah, not the best rolls for introducing your marksmanship, that's for sure.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:58 pm

OOC: Since Taryk has pointed out the archers, I'll give everyone a +1 bonus to their previous perception roll (meaning that Merrill can now see them, as well). Going forward, everyone else (Jasmine, Drakor, Thane) has the option of using an action to try again to spot the hidden goblins (by making another perception roll, this time with an additional +1 bonus).

OOC: Drakor, Taryk, Merrill, and Jasmine go ahead and post your actions for Round 1.

Drakor looks to where Taryk was pointing to see these ranged foes.

-- Perception Roll: using Forum roller

Drakor uses the shadows and shrubbery in the forest to maintain not being seen, sneaking closer to the enemies.

--OOC: if Drakor see's the archer's he will keep that in mind when sneaking closer, if not he is focused only on the ground enemies.
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:58 pm

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 4

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Drakor wrote:'d10' : 4 (+1 = 5)
--OOC: if Drakor see's the archer's he will keep that in mind when sneaking closer, if not he is focused only on the ground enemies.
-OOC: He does see them, now.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Jasmine leans out, peering from her vantage point, cursing her bum eye under her breath. With little she can do until she has a goblin right in front of her, she concentrates on doing her best to make herself a poor target.

She hears Merrill’s arrows ping off into the woods, but doesn’t hear the sound of a foe reacting to a hit.

“Pssst,” she whispers to the rest, “think we should try and talk to ‘em, see if they know anything about the heist? We can always get around to the thrashin’ if we need to.”

OOC: Perception
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:33 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:57 am

Jasmine wrote:OOC: Perception
'd10' : 7 (+1 = 8)
Jasmine can now make out the Goblin archers, as well.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum