Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 9 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 41/41; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=0

Minor Action - Designate the BLACK F'N DRAGON as my Hunter's Quarry...
Standard Action - Twin Strike will set off the Dragon's OA, my AC is 20 vs. OA's
Immediate Reaction to the Dragon's OA - Fox's Cunning, shift to S11
Move Action - Move to S8

Twin Strike 1 = 21, Twin Strike 2 = 19
Elven Accuracy, Twin Strike 2 = 27
TSDamage #1 = 4, TSDamage #2 = 10
HQDamage = 3
Fox's Cunning = 30
FCDamage = 15

Arrow Count = 149

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 9 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

macksgarageusa wrote:Seeing an opportunity for a calculated attack, Straegis swings his sword as he yells to Davin, "Keep a
sharp eye! Watch for an opening!"

Standard: Attack Black Dragon at S13 using Warlord's Favor.

Attack=26
Damage=16

O.O.C.: On hit, Davin is +5 to Attack until end of my next turn (Warlord's Favor).
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:AC: 23 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 19 HP: 45 (22 Bloodied) Surge Value: 11 Surges per Day: 11 AP: 0

21 Init
Minor: Heal 19 to calm horses
Move: back up 2 to charge ending in Q13 again
Standard Fearsome Smite: 17 on die, 2 base, 4 Chr, 3 longsword, 2 flanking, 1 charge, and 1 Straegis = 30
2d8 (10), 4 Chr, 5 Warhorse = 19 Damage and the Dragon is -2 to hit until after my next turn

Verity speaks to the horses in a calm steady tone, brushing their muzzles as he passes. His voice strains only when he impales the drake, “Fear not this black beast, for soon this quarrel shall end!”
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:21 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Hold on for dear life some more. And, stabbity-stab-stab.

- Move: Nah
- Standard: Pierce the scales: 1d20=7+10+2+1=20, Dmg 1d8=2+8=10.
- Free(?) Mark target
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Swifthand wrote:Free Action - Davin, eyes narrowed, suddenly shouts, "Let the Beast GO!"

DM EDIT: This apparently happens before the Dragon's Initiative?
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Halcyon wrote:"Wha?!... Alright then, we're unharmed after all."
Diplomacy 23
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:27 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex holds his attack, the swamp water bubbles as he fights to control the urge to blast the creature with another bolt.

"What?"

-------
Delay initiative until someone orders me to attack or it becomes clear the beast IS still hostile.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Malazek wrote:Straegis, if the Dragon accepts Davin's idea, do you want to change your actions?
Or attack it anyway? (Because he says it before your Initiative)
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:28 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis hears Davin just in time and pulls back his attack, he then says "Davin have you
lost your mind? Mordax, please don't loosen that net."
He holds his sword at the ready, prepared
to unleash the attack that was already on its way. Turning back to Davin he says in Elven,
"Revha, Brev?" (What now, Bro?)
Unsure of the plan he shakes his head and mumbles to himself, "Elves...hmph"
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:I hold out my hand, asking everyone to pause.

"Ser ti...Trust me. Let him go."

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:The dragon bellows...
"What?! Seriously? Uhh ... Thanks?
Well, it was nothing personal. I'm glad you understand."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Truly amazed, Mordax releases the net, muttering "It speaks?"

Ready an action to stabbity-stab if it takes in a deep breath.

OOC: The dragon bellows "Uhh"?
Seriously? I'm surprised it didn't throw in a "dude" and "gnarly" for good measure . . . Razz
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Malazek wrote:As soon as the net is released, the dragon shifts backwards.
Wings beating, the dragon takes to the air. It's flight takes it westward.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Shielding my eyes from the evening sun, I watch as the dragon flies away over the treetops, paying special attention to the acidic blood as it drips and falls from the beast's wounds.

"Quickly - help me follow its spoor. Its lair must be near."

Perception check to Track = 32

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Eyes narrowing, the fisherman's ice-blue stare fixes on the elf.

"Why did we let tha' beastie go, then, boyo? I'll nae be risking limb fer coin, if tha's what yuir thinkin'."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:"Good. We need someone to watch the horses."

Davin heads off into the 'Bog, following the dragons blood trail, bow at the ready.

O.O.C. - Sorry guys, I haven't had a chance at a dragon treasure horde in YEARS, and, frankly, I don't want to pass one up! That's half the reason I got into this in the first place! Besides, dragon treasure hordes are cooool....(plus, Davin is poor!)

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:.... paying special attention to the acidic blood as it drips and falls from the beast's wounds.
"Quickly - help me follow its spoor. Its lair must be near."
Perception check to Track = 32
OOC: Davin's gonna need to drop three or four such tracking rolls.
Anyone who wants to help, go ahead and drop your rolls to aid

Swifthand wrote:"Good. We need someone to watch the horses."
Davin heads off into the 'Bog, following the dragons blood trail, bow at the ready.
OOC- Lawl!

If Mordax decides not to follow Davin, then who all is going and who all is staying?

Posting for Vangg and Verity ...

If nobody else stays with Mordax, then Vangg will.
If nobody else goes with Davin, then Vangg will do that instead.

Verity accompanies Davin, easily providing him with a +2 Coop bonus.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 41/41; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=0

Perception check to Track = 30, 29, 29

Arrow count = 149
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:OOC: pwnd! lol

Saying nothing, the stunned fisherman sighs and trails behind, inspecting his net for tears and knots.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:01 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex follows. Slightly worried about following such a legendary beast into it's own lair. He almost utters can someone remind me why we're stealing from this beast but feels it would fall on deaf ears, and he knows the glory of a dragons hoard as well, and, perhaps such a beast may know of waterbenders. "Will you permit me a question before we slau-attack. I must ask him if he knows anything of my tribe."

His footsteps sending ripples in the puddles as he steps on their surface, he follows in the centre of the group as fast as he can, offering any helpful hints due to his knowledge of the Bog, and the beasts it contains.

-----------
Nature: 12, 15, 19, 16 to help.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Swifthand wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:OOC: pwnd! lol
lol - sorry bro, couldn't help it!

Inspecting a smoldering leaf, Davin nods silently at Alex.

Pausing for a moment, I speak quietly. "Any assets that fall into the hands of the denizens of the 'Bog are assets used against the people of Brackwater. Or hunters like me."

I stride off deeper into the 'Bog.

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:02 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis reluctantly follows Davin but not without questioning him along the way, Jin mal ver
ba gilde wan hessen? Fal peclet men resan con trav, da fallan bern. A wend gir de priv rivek."
(The lure
of treasure is that strong? I'll go with you but if it flies too far, I have to turn back. I must deliver this scroll cousin."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:02 pm

Swifthand wrote:"Air'm jhas myr shi tyri. Saesi myr shi bai paelae." (It's lair should be close. There should be no delay.)

O.O.C. - It is late afternoon/evening, and we planned on spending the night in Garkondrak, right?

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Malazek wrote:
So, that's 34, 32, 31, and 31. The DC was 30. Good thing Alex helped.

Vangg waits behind in the wagon, as the rest of the party follows the dragon; lead by Davin and Alex as they work together to find bloody evidence of the dragon's passing.

The bloodtrail leads west for roughly half a mile, and then turns sharply south where you are unable to follow due to a deep pond in your way. Skirting the edge of the water, you pick-up the signs again on the other side of the water. The tracks continue (south) for nearly a mile, until they turn sharply east; and then travel back over the path you had been following, and eastward for another league or so.

At this point, you find yourself weaving between broken stones; the ruined remnants of some previous settlement. Up ahead, the brutal beating of wings signals the take-off of the dragon as he takes to the air, fleeing yet again ... this time, towing a huge net. Even from this distance, you can see the gilded treasures, shining armors, and glowing weapons that fill the dragon's net.

You realize the dragon wasn't fooled by the ruse: it must have realized what your plan was. After much grumbling, you press on; hoping the dragon had more treasure in it's lair than it could really carry in flight.

After a few more minutes, you find a marble "floor" surrounded by broken walls and half-standing structures. In the middle of the open space, lies a deep pool of water.

You are approaching from the right side of the map ...
Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 9 GxCMB10
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:03 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis tries to read the maps while following Davin, making mental notes as to where they came from
and which general direction they are heading. He pays especially close attention to where our current
bearing will take us if we continue too far.
Perception=19

O.O.C.: Some rolls to help Davin.
Nature=14
Nature=13

O.O.C.: When we get to the black dragons lair, to see if I recognize anything (on the map or
on the terrain as we approach).

History=18
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next