Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Swifthand wrote:"Ahh...in my haste I had completely forgotten about your ritual."

Davin is quiet for a moment, then awkwardly continues.

"I...I am sure the people of Imil are fine, Alex."

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Alex is right to be concerned, but it hasn't been quite long enough to worry, just yet. It may have taken the bird close to the entire duration of the spell to even reach Imil; so about midday yesterday.

If Jenna sent a similiar Messenger in response, then it probably hasn't even arrived in the Malbog, yet (though, when it arrives, Alex will not be there). Master Jenna, however, is far more likely to use a Sending ritual; it's quicker and more efficient, and on the host tower's tab (so, cost is not an object).

Even still, it would probably take Master Jenna several days to prepare for such an extended journey (to the Malbog); that is, if she even plans to comply with such a request. And if so, then she might have chosen to wait until preparations are ready before responding.

But, several other water-benders are out the world, too. It's possible that she will contact one of them instead of coming herself. It's also possible that one can be found near the Imperial City.

Alex's Message wrote:Malbog. Found skeletons. Aqueous Templar with Amulet. Wavestrider. Found Lizardmen Waterbenders. Taught by Lexis of Anin, reputable, powerful, recently vanished. My power grows. Alex. Come.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Halcyon wrote:Verity approaches Woe Vangg, “Brother Vangg, be you alone? And Kardan pursued? What manner of ill-fortune is this!?”
Proxy post for Vangg ...

Vangg tells Verity all the details, and the two head off toward the Wainwright.
They easily find their way, and nobody really bothers them.

Looking at the two servants of the Raven Queen as they enter, Mr. Wright says ...
"Master Verity, Master Vangg? Would you two be willing to wait in my back office?"
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Halcyon wrote:"Thank you Goodman Wright, I'm sure we would like to wait in the office." Then to the group, "I am heartened to see you safe and sound..." his smile fades, "...at least for now. It comforts me not that these Maor, Staegis' own people, would seek to stike him down from the shadows. And he a noble. Assassins! Vipers! Cowards! Well, their fork-tongued lies will not veil their ignoble cause for long. We shall deliver this scroll and if we flush out these Maor skulkers in the doing, then all the better. The sooner we know who stands against us, the sooner we can take the fight to them."
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Malazek wrote:Before long, the party climbs into the back of their now-covered wagon and heads out. The ride out is tense and stressful, as uncertainty grips you all; will we make it out of town? Or will the Maor (or anybody else) see through our simple guise?

But the wagon does reach the gate without bother, and is soon rolling east down the Imperial March. But you're not in the clear yet, as many of the villagers in these outskirts could recognize you. With each passing moment, you become more and more relieved.

And then, several miles out of town ...
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:27 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Alongside the road, quietly observing the lumbering wagon from amidst the trees, a bare-chested mud-encrusted swarthy fellow holds a dripping net full of bottom-feeders off the end of a plain-looking trident.

His ice-chip eyes and grim countenance belie the simple fisherman's garb, and his tawny muscles crisscrossed with old scars bespeak of a career change at some point.

He says nothing, just continues to drip alongside the road.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex waits until the fisherman has dripped past, and gone quite a way.

"He looked a bit strange."
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:Alongside the road, quietly observing the lumbering wagon from amidst the trees, a bare-chested mud-encrusted swarthy fellow holds a dripping net full of bottom-feeders off the end of a plain-looking trident.

His ice-chip eyes and grim countenance belie the simple fisherman's garb, and his tawny muscles crisscrossed with old scars bespeak of a career change at some point.

He says nothing, just continues to drip alongside the road.
When Mordax reaches his hut, he finds more soldiers waiting for him.
"Mordax," one of them begins. "The Empire needs you. Please, reconsider our offer. Take the position."

He is, of course, referring to their repeated attempts to recruit you into the Imperial Army. They have told you that large numbers of new recruits have been joining from humble origins; they believe your modest existence and previous fighting experience make you perfect for the task of training and leading some of these youngsters. Captain Bickers here was sent by "the General" to offer you the position of Corporal; he later returned to offer you the position of Sergeant. Now, he's back, again.

"The General has authorized me to offer you the position of Sergeant-Major, if you accept this time. If you do not accept, we will not bother you again ... unless, of course, the state of the union ever demands compulsory recruitment. But, hahaha, when does that ever happen?"

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex waits until the fisherman has dripped past, and gone quite a way.
Looking back through the trees, everyone sees the small hut and the gaggle of soldiers waiting for the fisherman (the small hut is barely a hundred yards from the road).

The fisherman looks familiar to Verity; a denizen of these parts.

Vangg says something in his strange manner of speech; you think he was suggesting that you watch what happens, and maybe learn something about what's going on.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:28 pm

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:When Mordax reaches his hut, he finds more soldiers waiting for him.
"Mordax," one of them begins. "The Empire needs you. Please, reconsider our offer. Take the position."

He is, of course, referring to their repeated attempts to recruit you into the Imperial Army. They have told you that large numbers of new recruits have been joining from humble origins; they believe your modest existence and previous fighting experience make you perfect for the task of training and leading some of these youngsters. Captain Bickers here was sent by "the General" to offer you the position of Corporal; he later returned to offer you the position of Sergeant. Now, he's back, again.

"The General has authorized me to offer you the position of Sergeant-Major, if you accept this time. If you do not accept, we will not bother you again ... unless, of course, the state of the union ever demands compulsory recruitment. But, hahaha, when does that ever happen?"

Looking back through the trees, everyone sees the small hut and the gaggle of soldiers waiting for the fisherman (the small hut is barely a hundred yards from the road).

The fisherman looks familiar to Verity; a denizen of these parts.

Vangg says something in his strange manner of speech; you think he was suggesting that you watch what happens, and maybe learn something about what's going on.

Mordax stands motionless for a moment, perched atop the balls of his feet. If you didn't know better, you'd say it was time to draw swords. Suddenly the crimson-hued tines of that wicked trident seem a bit more sinister than fishing would allow for.

Mordax breaks the tension by spitting off to the side of the hut.

"You know my answer Guardsman" he says "I left that life behind me long ago. And I'll be long gone 'afore your press gangs come pillaging this way. Oh, you protest? I've seen it all before, and like as well I'll see it again. Now be off with you, I've bigger fish than you to fry!"

With that, he takes his catch and disappears into the tiny hovel, slamming the crooked wooden door.
santa
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:28 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"Oh my. They don't look too happy do they." Alex watches with mild interest, wondering on the reactions of the soldiers gathered around the hut.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:"You know my answer Guardsman" he says "I left that life behind me long ago. And I'll be long gone 'afore your press gangs come pillaging this way. Oh, you protest? I've seen it all before, and like as well I'll see it again. Now be off with you, I've bigger fish than you to fry!"
"Very well, good luck to you, then. You'll need it."

magicspellz12 wrote:"Oh my. They don't look too happy do they." Alex watches with mild interest, wondering on the reactions of the soldiers gathered around the hut.
The troops storm off of the fisherman's property, and march back toward town.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin watches the exchange as well, nodding in agreement .

"Looked like it was going to be a fight for a moment. I wonder what the Imp's are up to?"

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Malazek wrote:Sitting next to Verity on the teamster's bench, Vangg mumbles something about stopping the wagon to find out what the "bedamned umpires" is up to? He nods his bedraggled noggin' towards the fisherman's hut.

OOC: 151 is gone for about a week. He should be back after that.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:30 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"Hmm...the actions of the Imperial soldiers have been odd of late. Perhaps some information may shed some light on the situation."

Alex hops off the wagon. Knocking the door with a tiny bead of ice conjured from the air.

--------------
Mage hand.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin follows, keeping a close eye on the road, but keeping Alex in sight as well, hanging back a bit.

Perception=30

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - If no one minds, I would love that Eladrin cloak.

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:32 pm

The Witch-King wrote:The door opens onto a disheveled but surprisingly clean interior. The fisherman stands motionless in the doorway, holding his trident at the fore, as if expecting trouble.

Saying nothing, he glances at each of the party, seemingly taking stock, before his gaze settles on Alex.

He utters not a sound, simply quirks an eyebrow.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:33 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"Erm. We were just wondering what all the fuss was about with those Imperial soldiers. We've heard they have been conducting some rather unsavoury practices recently, possibly including enforced conscription...we were just wondering what happened, and perhaps if we could be of any assistance?"
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:33 pm

Halcyon wrote:Verity addresses Mordax; “I couldn’t be sure from the road, but it is you Mordax, ye old salt! Friends, allow me to introduce Mordax, finest fish monger in all of Brackwater. His stall is across the street from my family’s shop at the market. ” Then when Mordax raises his other eyebrow, “Oh, of course,” he takes off the dragon mask, “Well met good man.” He offers an arm clasp. “Indeed, we would be glad to know what you can tell us of the Imperial muster. Me in particular I daresay, as mine own brothers and uncle have gone to join the fight, whatever the fight may be.”
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:34 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:After hearing Verity's introduction, Straegis says, "Well met, Mordax! I am Straegis II."
Straegis nods and bows before saying, "Fish monger you say Verity? Kind sir, you wouldn't happen to
have any smoked fish you could sell would you? Not much I like better, and it's been far too long since I've
tasted that delicacy."

O.O.C.: I don't need the cloak.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:35 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Would it make any sense for us to perhaps take the 'long way around' and go back thru the
Malbog to see about the response to Alex? I'm not sure about the directions and distance, but I do have
several new maps that may contain a shortcut. If not, Mal do any of these maps contain shortcuts,
or perhaps some less obvious routes to the Imperial city?
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin briefly looks away from the road to nod in greeting, taking a moment to size up the fisherman.

Then, wiping my brow with the back of my dirty sleeve, I resume my scan of the road and surrounds, eyes keen for any Maor or other dangers.

To no one in particular, "Let's make this quick."

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:41 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:OOC: It'd make perfect sense. Our expirience in the Malbog, and our lizardman allies, could prove a real bonus! The only problem would be if 'the long way around' was that if the Malbog is one side of Brackwater and the city was on the other.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - I'm game. It may throw our pursuers off our scent, as well.

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Chapter One wrote:Brackwater. Nestled between the Malbog and the Eldworn Forest, the old town sits right in the middle of the Wyver Woodland and serves as a waystation for those travelling along the Imperial March.

The Malbog is an ancient peat mire (just south of the town). It's brackish waters gave the town of Brackwater it's name. The Eldworn Forest is an ancient wood (just north of the town), filled with towering trees older than time itself. The Wyver Woodland is a narrow band of land (roughly 4 miles wide) that runs between the Malbog and the Eldworn Forest. The Imperial March is a stone highway that was constructed through the Wyver Woodland, as a means of traversing from the Coastal Ports (west) to the Imperial Center (east). Even further east, past the Imperial Center, lies the Bitten Peaks (mountains).

History buffs take note! The Wyver Woodland also marks the old border of Arkhosia and Bael Turath.

OOC: So the Malbog is "just South" and the Imperial center is East, so it's possible to route through the Malbog. Even if the pursuers found out we went to the swamp, tracking from there would be nearly impossible. Of course if we do that then we won't have the opportunity to fight the 14 deadly Maor commandos...
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top