Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 9 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:34 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 9 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:40 am

Game Master wrote:- OOC: I need Defense rolls from all three of you: TN 7 for Thane and Taryk, TN 9 for Merrill. None of these attacks will cause damage. 
Merrill wrote:The whip slashes against Merrils face, leaving a trickle of blood.
- OOC: Defense 6+1=7

The whip-wielder gives a forceful tug, as the end of the whip wraps around the grip of the bow, sending the weapon flying from Merrill's hand!
- OOC: The whip tumbles to the ground, right in front of her, but Merrill will need to use one of her actions to pick it up (on her next turn).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:06 am

Cursing loudly, screeching and using words that one would not expect to hear from such a young lady, Gemma jumps to her feet and attempts to step away from the fray. "Who the... why is it so dark? Who is doing this? Why am I blind? Also, who in the world is Felix?" 

She directs her brother and sister to move and attack riders, preferably the whip wielder, once she is free from the darkness.

Miriam will attack with her bow (1st roll), Brody will attack using his sword with both hands (2nd roll).
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:06 am

The member 'Glitz' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:35 am

-OOC: Can we get a visual map sketch please bro?

Felix attacks the leader with his shiny new rapier.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:35 am

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:22 am

Defense +2
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:22 am

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:27 am

After dodging the net Thane will try and negotiate a truce..

"Wait, I believe this to be a misunderstanding we are not brigands and we mean you no harm. We are trying to hunt down a criminal named Nalkor. I wish to not find myself on the wrong side of the law so if we can cease the fighting I believe we can heal your fallen comrades."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 am

Malazek wrote:- OOC: Let me know when Iris is ready to act.

OOC: I was going to say first injury, but that has happened already, if it's alright with you, I'll "act" now.

Malazek wrote:- OOC: Lol, how did I miss Felix in the Initiative count? Editing it in now. (We're not to Init 1 just yet, but when we get there, I'll remember that this is what you're doing).

OOC: Because you hate your brother. We all know it. Razz
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:35 pm

- OOC: Still waiting on a defense roll from Taryk.

Round One Continued ...
(Gemma, Miriam, Brody, and Thane. Plus, Felix continued).
Gemma wrote:Cursing loudly, screeching and using words that one would not expect to hear from such a young lady, Gemma jumps to her feet and attempts to step away from the fray. "Who the... why is it so dark? Who is doing this? Why am I blind? Also, who in the world is Felix?" 

She directs her brother and sister to move and attack riders, preferably the whip wielder, once she is free from the darkness.

Miriam will attack with her bow (1st roll), Brody will attack using his sword with both hands (2nd roll).
Gemma's brother and sister both do as they are told. Brody charges directly at the whip wielder, who easily dodges his sword. Miriam follows Gemma out of the darkness and fires her bow at the same target, but her aim is off and the arrow flies wide.

Thane wrote:After dodging the net Thane will try and negotiate a truce..

"Wait, I believe this to be a misunderstanding we are not brigands and we mean you no harm. We are trying to hunt down a criminal named Nalkor. I wish to not find myself on the wrong side of the law so if we can cease the fighting I believe we can heal your fallen comrades."
- OOC: Go ahead and give me a persuasion roll, please.

Iris wrote:OOC: I was going to say first injury, but that has happened already, if it's alright with you, I'll "act" now.
- OOC: Absolutely, go for it.

Felix wrote:Amazed by the eruption of melee, Felix back-flips out of the darkness.
Felix wrote:Felix attacks the leader with his shiny new rapier.
- OOC: So, one of your actions is to move and the other is to attack? Okay, that makes sense. I was wondering why you only did one thing on your initiative.

The captain tries to parry the slender blade with one of his own swords, but only manages to steer it clear of his heart. Felix's attack punctures the leader's ribs, forcing him to cry out in pain ... but alas, the wound is not fatal!

- OOC: After I get Iris's action, Taryk's defense roll, and Thane's persuasion roll, it will be a new round. Thank you for your patience.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Felix wrote:-OOC: Can we get a visual map sketch please bro?
- OOC: This will be hard for me to map out, so let's stick with "theatre of the mind," for now. I promise to include some grid-based combats real soon.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Still kneeling in a globe of darkness, Iris will begin to move toward the last known location of her sister, out of the direct path of the horses.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Iris wrote:Still kneeling in a globe of darkness, Iris will begin to move toward the last known location of her sister, out of the direct path of the horses.
Within seconds, she emerges from the darkness and spots Jasmine trying desperately to rein in the horses.

- OOC: Moving out of the darkness only takes one action; so, you have another at your disposal.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:52 pm

Reaching the side of the road, Iris turns and "sees" the riders for the first time.

OOC: Used http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm to roll for Lore (+2), 9+2=11 to recognize the riders standards, insignias, colors, markings, anything for a clue as to who they are.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Iris wrote:Reaching the side of the road, Iris turns and "sees" the riders for the first time.
OOC: roll for Lore (+2), 9+2=11 to recognize the riders standards, insignias, colors, markings, anything for a clue as to who they are.
Although she has never laid eyes on these guys, Iris has heard rumors of dark cloaked riders, operating out of Zargos. These guys definitely match the description. From what she had heard, they are bounty-hunters, led by a former gladiator named Naxomayus. According to rumors, Naxomayus seeks out freelance bounty-hunters who have "proven" themselves and then recruits them to his cause. The rumors also say that he only hunts down fugitives of the law, refusing all "private contracts."

(Iris has also heard that Naxomayus was a slave-fighter, but won his freedom in the arena).

- OOC: Unless Iris decides to share this information, nobody else is aware of it. Keep that in mind, everyone else.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Game Master wrote:- OOC: I need Defense rolls from all three of you: TN 7 for Thane and Taryk, TN 9 for Merrill. None of these attacks will cause damage.
Game Master wrote:- OOC: Still waiting on a defense roll from Taryk.
Taryk (via Facebook) wrote:Ooh, I got a 10 + 2.
Taryk deftly avoids the bolas, allowing them to soar right into the trees behind him.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:46 pm

OOC: If I can still act to speak this round, the following is what I'm going to do. If not, it will be my action for next round.

"I believe you are Naxomayus, yes?" Iris address the leader of the group. "The leader of a group of elite bounty hunters operating out of Zargos? I am Iris Landsend and that" motioning to Jasmine, "is my sister. I cannot believe that there is a bounty on our heads. Yes, our family has met... unfortunate times, but our parents have accepted their fate and relocated as per the Guilds wishes. My sister and I mean you no harm." Iris finishes with an intense glare at Jasmine.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:27 pm

The thought of bounty hunters being after either his new friends or himself, made his stomach feel sickened.
Felix goes for him again, with his rapier.

"No one will ever knoweth that this even happened, my giant friend."

GM Edit: Holding off on this until Felix's next turn.

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:27 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:46 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:The thought of bounty hunters being after either his new friends or himself, made his stomach feel sickened.
Felix goes for him again, with his rapier.

"No one will ever knoweth that this even happened, my giant friend."
- OOC: It may be a day or two before your next turn rolls around. I mean, we're basically still on your last turn. After I get Thane's persuasion roll, it will be Drakor/Bargundir/Iris ... then the crossbowmen ... then Taryk/Merrill/Jasmine ... then the leader and his five cronies ... THEN Felix/Gemma/Brody/Miriam/Thane, again. (The reason Iris is going now, on the same turn as you guys, is because on her turn, she chose to wait and then stopped waiting at this time).

Last edited by Malazek on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:50 pm

Iris wrote:OOC: If I can still act to speak this round, the following is what I'm going to do. If not, it will be my action for next round.

"I believe you are Naxomayus, yes?" Iris address the leader of the group. "The leader of a group of elite bounty hunters operating out of Zargos? I am Iris Landsend and that" motioning to Jasmine, "is my sister. I cannot believe that there is a bounty on our heads. Yes, our family has met... unfortunate times, but our parents have accepted their fate and relocated as per the Guilds wishes. My sister and I mean you no harm." Iris finishes with an intense glare at Jasmine.
- OOC: The NPC's reaction to this will be affected by Thane's persuasion roll (since he spoke first) ... but it might not be a bad idea for Iris to roll one, as well.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:44 am

Persuasion
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:44 am

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:14 am

Malazek wrote:
- OOC: The NPC's reaction to this will be affected by Thane's persuasion roll (since he spoke first) ... but it might not be a bad idea for Iris to roll one, as well.
OOC: Persuasion roll (unskilled) rolled a 10
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next