Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:26 am

Thane will rise to his feet and gather his belongings. Once he's got the sleep from his eyes he'll head downstairs and see if he can get some coffee.

"Keep, you have anything to get the morning rust off?"

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Jasmine gently rouses her sister. "We've got a busy day ahead of us, sis. We'd best be rounding up with the others." Her head pounds slightly. "Oooogh. I need some water. And a meal."

She dresses with a new blouse under her vest, then fits into her armor. Her tall, leather boots are just a bit more worn than when they started their journey. She combs her long red hair, which she leaves down as her preference. She looks for a washbasin to clean up a bit, and then heads downstairs--straight out the door to the outhouse first, but then back in with her waterskin.

"Mornin,' keeper," she says to whomever is working out front. "Do you got a source for good water? I need to fill my skins." She nods to Thane. "Mornin' big guy. I drank too much last night and spent my coin on ale instead o' dinner." She shakes her head and turns back to the keep. "I'd love a nice bowl of porridge and some eggs," she says politely.
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Thane wrote:Thane will rise to his feet and gather his belongings. Once he's got the sleep from his eyes he'll head downstairs and see if he can get some coffee.
"Keep, you have anything to get the morning rust off?"
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine gently rouses her sister. "We've got a busy day ahead of us, sis. We'd best be rounding up with the others." Her head pounds slightly. "Oooogh. I need some water. And a meal."

"Mornin,' keeper," she says to whomever is working out front. "Do you got a source for good water? I need to fill my skins." She nods to Thane. "Mornin' big guy. I drank too much last night and spent my coin on ale instead o' dinner." She shakes her head and turns back to the keep. "I'd love a nice bowl of porridge and some eggs," she says politely.
Fortunately for Jasmine, the basin of water that Iris already paid for is still in the room, although the water is a bit cold. now.

As you enter the common room, you notice that the easel (that stood by the front door last night) has since been moved closer to the stairs, offering the breakfast menu to overnight guests, as they head out for the day.

• Mug of ale, mead, or wine for 1 coin
  • Mug of coffee or tea for 1 coin. Free with breakfast.
  • Porridge or baked beans for 1 coin
  • Eggs, taters, and baked bread for 2 coins
  • Rashers, taters, and baked bread for 2 coins
  • Fresh feasts must be purchased a full day in advance
  • Bath water for 1 coin
  • Luxury bath with hot water, soap, and towels for 2 coins

The barkeep leans in close and whispers to Thane. "The Red Eye Special. It's on the secret menu." He then sets a mug of steaming coffee in from of Thane and adds a little something to it from his own personal flask.

As Jasmine approaches, he responds to her question. "I'll fill your skin for ya; hand her over. Porridge and eggs? No problem. Put your coins away, though. That man in the corner already paid for your breakfast ... he paid for all your breakfasts."

Turning to see the man in the corner, Jasmine and Thane spot Jonrick enjoying his own breakfast. He waves at you both.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:18 pm

Gemma rises, and carefully folds her bedroll, taking several minutes to pick the stray pieces of hay off of the fuzzy blankets. Once she has packed up, she shakes out her hair, combing her fingers through it. She turns to her siblings. "Miriam? Brody? I hope you slept well...shall we go see what the group is up to?" Gemma looks to the warg. "We'll be back soon. If you were going to nick a horse, now would be the time." She winks and heads toward the entrance of the inn.

Once inside, she briefly glances at the list of prices. Her stomach rumbles, and she digs through her pack to find some dried jerky. Spotting Jonrick, Jasmine, and the large creature known as Thane, she makes her way to the corner. "Good morning, Jonrick. Did you come to see us off? Jasmine, how are you feeling this morning?" She grabs a chair, and her two siblings sit on either side of her.
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:21 pm

Gemma wrote:Spotting Jonrick, Jasmine, and the large creature known as Thane, she makes her way to the corner. "Good morning, Jonrick. Did you come to see us off? Jasmine, how are you feeling this morning?" She grabs a chair, and her two siblings sit on either side of her.
"I did," the old merchant says. "Please, have some breakfast on me! All of you. Anything on the menu!"
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:25 pm

She beams. "Excellent!" Waving to the barkeep, she says, "Rashers, eggs, and bread for my siblings and I! Extra rashers, please, and coffee for me. They'll have water! And may I have a cloth napkin, as well?"

Throughout the meal, she will take small bites of eggs from her siblings' plates. Once she is done eating, she will wrap the extra bacon and bread in the cloth napkin, and tuck it away into her bag.
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:35 pm

"I will also have the rashers, taters and bread with my coffee. Heavy on the rashers if you could, I have a friend outside that may enjoy some."

After eating his breakfast.

"I'll be outside when you guys are ready."

Thane will then head to the stable and get Bargundir and feed him the extra rashers.

"You ready friend?"

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Jasmine eats eagerly, asking for the complimentary coffee to be added as well. And maybe some bacon too. And those rashers do look delicious, since they *are* bought and paid for...

After the warrior woman has had her fill, she walks over to Jonrick to thank him personally. Not one for polite casual conversation, she attempts at best to be brief and unawkward.

"I shoulda cut myself off at four," she says to Gemma, "But I'm hanging in there. Just thirsty, and a good headache. I'll be fine for travel."

She heads out front to enjoy the dawn and wait for the rest of the group.
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Glitz wrote:"She almost broke the door coming to check on us, did you see? But she probably didn't mean to do it that hard, though."

OOC: LOL I forgot about that!

zappo168 wrote:Jasmine gently rouses her sister. "We've got a busy day ahead of us, sis. We'd best be rounding up with the others." Her head pounds slightly. "Oooogh. I need some water. And a meal."

Awoken by Jasmine, Iris swings her legs over the side of the bed and laces up her boots then buckles them. Washing her face in the basin, brushing out her hair, Iris grabs her staff and makes her way downstairs in time to hear that Jonrick has paid for their meals. "Thank you, kind sir." Iris bows her head to the merchant. "Eggs, potatoes, bread and tea, please, good 'keep." Iris all but murmurs as she hobbles by, taking a seat at the table the party occupied the night previously, pulling out her notes from the shamans cave to go over them some more while she awaits the breakfast.
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Thane wrote:"I will also have the rashers, taters and bread with my coffee. Heavy on the rashers if you could, I have a friend outside that may enjoy some."
After eating his breakfast: "I'll be outside when you guys are ready."
Thane will then head to the stable and get Bargundir and feed him the extra rashers. "You ready friend?"
Bargundir scarfs the rashers quickly. "Yeah, I'm ready," he says. "Is there any more of this meat? I'm starving."
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:33 pm

"Let me check."

Thane will head back in and see if he can scrounge up some more rashers.

"Anyone have some table scraps left over? Barkeep, you got some extra meat I can purchase from you?"

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:13 pm

'Dioro' arises and joins the others. He goes with eggs, taters, and baked bread (the bread he will stow away for later). And, coffee of course.

"Good morn'! Time to break the fast."

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:13 am

Merrill will get the full breakfast. "Well, if someone else is paying!" She goes to sit with Jonrick

She applied her bloodtar poison to three arrows with a different colored fletching before bed.
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:19 am

Thane wrote:"Barkeep, you got some extra meat I can purchase from you?"
"I can add a few extra rashers to your breakfast ... but if you're looking for something more, I'll have to check."

The barkeep disappears into the kitchen and returns a moment later. "I can sell you sixteen slices for four coins. Any more than that, we wouldn't have enough eggs to move all the bread and taters we have back there ..."

"If you're looking for something for the road, though, I have to tell ya: there's a cheaper way to go. The butcher over here," he points, "on the north edge of town, has smoked sausages and jerky readily available. I doubt that would cost more than a coin or two."
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:03 am

"Ahh... Thanks for the tip"

Thane will head over to the local butcher shop to pick up some meat rations for him and the warg.

"They didn't have much bacon left Bargundir, but he suggested checking the butcher shop. Lets head over now before the rest of the party is ready to leave and see what we can get."

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:55 am

- OOC: Everyone, don't forget that you recover 1 AP and 1 HP after a night of rest.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:07 am

Thane wrote:"Ahh... Thanks for the tip"

"They didn't have much bacon left Bargundir, but he suggested checking the butcher shop. Let's head over now before the rest of the party is ready to leave and see what we can get."

Thane will head over to the local butcher shop to pick up some meat rations for him and the warg.
Thane and Bargundir have no trouble finding the butchery, but the presence of a warg solicites several gasps and frightened stares from the local townsfolk. Like so many other buildings in this town, the butchery is a quaint two-story cottage, covered in ivy and surrounded by hedges.

Inside the shop, the sweet aroma of meat fills the air. All around the room, smoked sausages hang from wooden grids, while raw and cooked meats of all kinds sit on the wooden shelves behind the counter. As Thane walks through the door, the gray-haired butcher sets down his cleaver and asks "Hello friend. What can I do for you this fine morning?"
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:38 am

'Dioro' follows Thane and the warg to the butcher shop. He purchases 2 coins worth of jerked beef to stow away for the journey ahead.

"Fine morning to yourself, Butcher. Might I top off my skin from thy well out back?"

'Dioro' looks to Bargundir and Thane, "Morn' to you two. Thou not eatest me nor the horses in the night, thy motives of the mind outweigh thy carnal stomach."

He grins to himself.

-OOC: How much jerky is that exactly bro?
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:41 am

Dioro wrote:'Dioro' follows Thane and the warg to the butcher shop. He purchases 2 coins worth of jerked beef to stow away for journey ahead.
"Fine morning to yourself, Butcher. Might I top off my skin from thy well out back?"

-OOC: How much jerky is that exactly bro?
"Help yourself," the butcher says (about the well).

- OOC: 2 coins of jerky (or other rations) is enough food for two days (if that was the only thing you ate).
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:50 am

Gemma watches Merrill with great interest. "How deadly is that poison, Merrill? Are you sure it's safe to be handling during...mealtime?"

Gemma sips her coffee and doesn't say anything out of place, at all.

OOC: Oops...read the last part of your post too quickly, my bad!

Last edited by Glitz on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Glitz wrote:Gemma watches Merrill with great interest. "How deadly is that poison, Merrill? Are you sure it's safe to be handling during...mealtime?"
OOC: She put it on the arrows before bed, probably would be bad to be mixing with food, haha
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:02 pm

'I'll have 6 coins worth of sausage and jerky sir. I was also wondering if you had assorted leftover scraps from butchering that you normally don't sell to your patrons? Perhaps snout, tongue, tail or assorted organs? I have a carnivorous friend outside who may not be as picky as some of the townsfolk."

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Thane wrote:'I'll have 6 coins worth of sausage and jerky sir. I was also wondering if you had assorted leftover scraps from butchering that you normally don't sell to your patrons? Perhaps snout, tongue, tail or assorted organs? I have a carnivorous friend outside who may not be as picky as some of the townsfolk."
The butcher places Thane's purchase into a canvas sack. "Scraps? Well, uh, I try to use all parts of the beast; I can't afford to just throw away good organ meat. I do have some meat that's been here a turn, though, if you're interested in that; I'll just give it to you. Nobody's going to buy it and I'm sure it won't hurt your little friend. How much do you want?"
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:59 pm

"I'll take whatever you got, I'm pretty sure he can carry all of it."

...After taking what the butcher is willing to part with...

"Here ya go, it's a little past date for humans but somehow I get the feeling you have a tougher stomach then I. Eat what you can, you can carry the rest..."

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:07 pm

OOC: Oops...sorry, S. Haha, I edited my post above to reflect what actually happened. My fault for misreading!

After it seems that the majority of the party has arrived to eat breakfast, Gemma looks to Jonrick. "Any last words for us, before we depart?" She drums her fingers, anxious to be on the road.
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top