Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 23 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Drakor will drink the medicine in hopes of feeling well again... In his weakness and feeling ill, Drakor mutters curses about the foul goblin's they have slain and their "master" Nalkor.

Roll (+4): 4 + 4 = 8

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 23 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:38 pm

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 4

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Per Iris (via FB) ...

Making sure everyone drinks their cure-all first, Iris downs hers in hopes of feeling better fast.

- OOC: d10 Roll = 7 (+2 cure all +2 Herbalism?) = 11
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Taryk likewise consumes the draught, hoping against hope.

OOC: Roll +2
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:38 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill will put the Cure All outside the door everyone is in and then retreat before they open it. "I know it tastes bad, but you really need to drink all of it"
She'll go to bed after that though.
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine, hands quaking, reaches carefully for her dose, not wanting to inadvertently spill any. "Blessings, Merrill," she says simply, and turns toward the others. Pale and diaphoretic, she says a silent prayer to the goddess before downing her drink in one shot.
- Rolled a 7
Drakor wrote:Drakor will drink the medicine in hopes of feeling well again... In his weakness and feeling ill, Drakor mutters curses about the foul goblin's they have slain and their "master" Nalkor.
- Rolled an 8
Iris wrote:Making sure everyone drinks their cure-all first, Iris downs hers in hopes of feeling better fast.
- Rolled an 11
Taryk wrote:Taryk likewise consumes the draught, hoping against hope.
- Rolled a 9
The effects of the elixir are not immediately apparent; so, shortly after imbibing it, you all manage to fall back to sleep.

A few short hours later, the captain returns to ask about you. He approaches Thane and Gemma first, "how are they doing in there? We'll be arriving in Buckfield within the hour."

Inside the quarantined cabin, everyone is feeling much better; the buboes have shrunk to nothing more than red splotches and the rest of the symptoms have all but disappeared.

Merrill, however, is still asleep.

- OOC: Everyone made the roll, thanks to Merrill's quick thinking. Somnium, please take an extra XP for this "heroic moment."

- OOC: Everyone but Merrill should also be at full health after a full night's rest and should also recover a single AP.

- OOC: For the sake of discussion, I will tell you that the disease would have continued to cause 4 points of damage every day for the next week. After a week, you would have made a roll (TN 7) to recover from it, with failure meaning the disease would continue to cause damage every day for another week!

- OOC: Also, everyone who survived the disease can now add a permanent +2 bonus to all future rolls made to resist the Great Plague! (Please record this on your character sheet).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:56 pm

When the captain approaches, Gemma says, "I know that Merrill was working on some sort of antidote, and they took several hours ago. I'll go check on them, to see how they are doing. Thanks for letting us know."

Gemma knocks on the door to the quarantine cabin. "Iris? Jasmine? Taryk? Drakor? How are you all feeling? The captain says we'll be at Buckfield in an hour."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Gemma wrote:When the captain approaches, Gemma says, "I know that Merrill was working on some sort of antidote, and they took several hours ago. I'll go check on them, to see how they are doing. Thanks for letting us know." Gemma knocks on the door to the quarantine cabin. "Iris? Jasmine? Taryk? Drakor? How are you all feeling? The captain says we'll be at Buckfield in an hour."
The captain waits, curious about the fate of those aboard his ship.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:33 pm

"I feel... dizzy and itchy. I'm gonna sleep til we get there. I think I'll be alright though."
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:17 pm

"Hey Gemma, I'm feeling a much better the symptoms are pretty much gone, we're all awake."

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:06 pm

"I, too, feel much improved," Jasmine responds. She looks around the room; everyone looks to be rousing. "Tell the captain I think we're all okay." Jasmine wipes her forehead, sighing with relief. "I hope we're ready for whatever's next," she says, noting a slight tremor still present. "I feel a bit weak, still. I hope Merrill is holding up after all that work."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 am

Per Iris (via FB) ...

Checking Jasmine, Taryk, and Drakor, Iris confirms that the illness is indeed receding before calling out. "We seem to be recovering quite well. Thank Merill for me, please. I think we should stay in here, just in case, until we reach port."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:20 am

Hearing the replies, Captain Zalam smiles and turns on his heel to leave. Over his shoulder, he says, "Thank you. I am glad you're companions are feeling better. Let me know if you need anything."

Close to an hour later, shouts down from above deck. "We're here!"

Merrill is still sleeping.

Those of you who climb up to the main deck find the ship in a holding pattern, and dozens of other ships try to find berths along the docks. Behind the docks, the glorious city of Buckfield looms against the horizon. The city is massive; nearly as large as Zargos and Twin Towns combined, with countless people hurrying to and fro.

The roofs of nearly every building are tiled with red clay.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:31 am

Upon hearing that the ship will be at its destination Thane will start getting his gear together. He will also take the opportunity to fill up on whatever salted fish is left.

"You ready Brag?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:26 am

OOC: I have no idea why I cannot post from my phone, but I can at least relay my postings to Mal via Facebook or text.

Hearing the commotion from the deck, Iris turns to her cabin mates, "Ready for some fresh air? I know I am but just to be sure, let's try to stay away from the crew as a precaution."
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:28 am

with sounds that we are arriving at port, drakor is still pondering over this plague he has just overcome thanks to merrill. drakor wants to thank merrill for saving him from being an abomination like those goblins, but he doesn't see her with the group. "Hey! Does anyone know where Merrill is? She doesn't seem to be among us." 
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:13 am

I think with the noise at arriving at the dock, Merrill will wake up and sleepily head to the deck. "Did it work?" She asks when she sees her group on deck
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:37 pm

"I'm glad to hear that you all are doing better!" Gemma responds to everyone that answers her through the door, and nods at the captain as he leaves.

Once Merrill is awake, she will clap her on the back. "You're a hero! For better or for worse, you've saved the party. And we're almost here!"

She will find Bargundir as the ship arrives. "Bargundir, I don't know why I didn't think of it before...but if you'd like, I could alter your appearance slightly, to make people less alarmed at seeing you. Maybe then you wouldn't have to sleep in the stable...we could just say that you are a really, really large dog. What do you think?" She whispers quietly, hoping to keep the conversation between the two of them.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:52 pm

Thane wrote:Upon hearing that the ship will be at its destination Thane will start getting his gear together. He will also take the opportunity to fill up on whatever salted fish is left.
"You ready Brag?"
"Big city. Giant wolf monster. Why wouldn't I be ready?" Bargundir asks, clearly a little worried. He will follow Thane to the barrels of salted fish.

Gemma wrote:She will find Bargundir as the ship arrives. "Bargundir, I don't know why I didn't think of it before...but if you'd like, I could alter your appearance slightly, to make people less alarmed at seeing you. Maybe then you wouldn't have to sleep in the stable...we could just say that you are a really, really large dog. What do you think?" She whispers quietly, hoping to keep the conversation between the two of them.
"You can do that?!" he asks, turning away from the fish for a moment. "Yeah, yeah. That's a great idea."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Game Master wrote:Those of you who climb up to the main deck find the ship in a holding pattern, and dozens of other ships try to find berths along the docks. Behind the docks, the glorious city of Buckfield looms against the horizon. The city is massive; nearly as large as Zargos and Twin Towns combined, with countless people hurrying to and fro.
Merrill wrote:I think with the noise at arriving at the dock, Merrill will wake up and sleepily head to the deck
After an hour of floating in the bay, the Thunderfish finally has a chance to dock. The crew deftly drives her into the designated berth and begins laying out gangplanks for everyone to disembark.
Gemma wrote:... and nods at the captain as he leaves.
The captain waves back, shouting "It's been a pleasure!" across the deck.

As Jasmine climbs above deck, the captain runs over to her. "Are you still feeling up to helping us unload?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Gemma laughs and pats Bargundir's head. "I can try! Go ahead and eat while you can, who knows what our next meal will be. I'll work on it."

Gemma concentrates on shifting Bargundir's appearance so that he looks more like a friendly, large dog.

Basic Shapeshifting/Polymorph -- no AP cost for basic changes?
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Gemma wrote:Basic Shapeshifting/Polymorph -- no AP cost for basic changes?
- OOC: None if you were changing your own appearance. Polymorph, however, requires you to spend 1 or 2 AP for a temporary effect or 1 XP for a permanent effect. (If you spend 1 AP, the effect lasts until the end of the encounter; if you spend 2, it lasts until dawn).

A spellcraft roll is also required to see how effective the "disguise" is.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:19 pm

OOC: Okay, well, she'll spend 2 to make it last until dawn.

Spellcraft roll +2...
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:19 pm

The member 'Glitz' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Gemma wrote:d10: 3 (Spellcraft roll +2) = 5
- OOC: Okay, so, anybody without reason to be suspicious will assume he's a giant dog. Even NPCs that get suspicious will only detect the ruse if their perception if 5 or higher.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 38 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 38  Next