Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 38 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  zappo168 Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Jasmine hangs back. "Looks like it won't be easy to approach unobserved. We probably don't want to open that can off worms until we see what we have coming for us potion-wise. I can scout--maybe get an idea of how many are coming and going--but I'll be pretty useless at approaching much closer unobserved."

Track: I want to stay a ways back and try and get an idea of the foot traffic to and from the tower. +2
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 38 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:13 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Merrill will look for any signs of life within

OOC: Perception +2
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:18 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine hangs back. 
... a ways back and try and get an idea of the foot traffic to and from the tower.
- Tracking? 2 (+2) = 4
From this far back, it's difficult to tell ... there aren't a lot of prints to go by. Certianly there are some along the side of the road, but they are mostly traveling parallel to the road itself. She would have to get closer (a lot closer) to examine any tracks that might exist directly between the tower and road.

Given time to stake out the place, she might be SEE the traffic in action ... but there's no telling how long that might take.

Merrill wrote:Merrill will look for any signs of life within
- Perception: 6 (+2) = 8
As Jasmine examines the ground, Merrill watches the tower itself ... paying particularly close attention to the flickering light of the window. After a while, it seems like a shadow passes between the light and the window. Then, again. There is definitely someone (or something) moving around inside the tower.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:16 pm

As Jasmine and Merrill scout around, Iris steps to the edge of the road and sits down, watching them.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Jasmine withdraws. "I can't tell much from back here, and I'm loathe to approach boldly. Maybe tomorrow we can do so. Should we head back further into town and kill some time before we can eye the potions?"
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Merrill will join Jasmine. "I saw someone moving inside. I think we should keep some sort of watch on the tower. What if our query slips out in the night and we lose track of them? Some can return for the potions in the morning and then we can attack."
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:50 pm

"Good point." Jasmine looks around to see if there is a discreet place they could put up for the night; a crook where Dwarf Road meets the rest of town, maybe.

Investigation? Perception? +0
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:50 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:43 pm

"The merchant knows you, Gemma, so you should return to town. If you would like assistance, I would be happy to accompany you, but I know that you have... your siblings for protection."
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:14 am

Jasmine wrote:"Good point." Jasmine looks around to see if there is a discreet place they could put up for the night; a crook where Dwarf Road meets the rest of town, maybe.
Perception? = 2 +0 -2 for one-eye = 0
Although hillocks dot the landscape, the ground in this region is mostly flat (save for the choppy, uneven ground around the tower). A few trees stand here and here, but not enough to hide behind. To the east of the road, the ground slopes downward toward the sea and seems to be occupied by a large farm.

Staring in that direction, Jasmine spots what appears to be a farmhouse and some granaries. Behind her, along the Dwarf Road, the northern gates of Dockin are barely visible. She can't tell which is closer. It seems that nothing within view of the tower will be hidden from the tower itself.

She knows that the Slumbering Forest lies somewhere to the west and the Dellwine somewhere to the north, but neither is visible from this distance.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:24 pm

Gemma considers the possibilities, staring off at the tower. "We could stay and watch the tower, although I find it highly unlikely that Nalkor would choose this night above any of the other nights we have been traveling to leave the area. However, I'd feel fairly foolish if he gave us the slip at this point, so maybe a watch would be wise. Anyway, I could stay here and be part of the watch, or I could accompany Iris back to town. Either way, I don't mind handling the transaction at the merchant...but I thought that you all might be interested in seeing his wares?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Glitz wrote:Gemma considers the possibilities, staring off at the tower. "We could stay and watch the tower, although I find it highly unlikely that Nalkor would choose this night above any of the other nights we have been traveling to leave the area. However, I'd feel fairly foolish if he gave us the slip at this point, so maybe a watch would be wise. Anyway, I could stay here and be part of the watch, or I could accompany Iris back to town. Either way, I don't mind handling the transaction at the merchant...but I thought that you all might be interested in seeing his wares?"

"I don't think I need any potions at the moment so I'll keep watch"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:20 pm

"I'll go back with you girls, then." Jasmine prepares to follow Gemma and Iris.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:34 am

With MERRILL hanging back to "keep watch," the others quickly make their way back to "Stuff and More." The old man greets you with a smile. "Back already?"

Last edited by Malazek on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Malazek wrote:With Iris hanging back to "keep watch," the others quickly make their way back to "Stuff and More." The old man greets you with a smile. "Back already?"
 OOC: Merrill, silly. Razz
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:09 pm

OOC: I meant the next day, when he said he would have the potions, Gemma does not go back to the store until the following day...
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:40 pm

- OOC: Understood. So, then what is everyone doing for now? It's still pretty early in the day, you're all standing on the road (outside of town) staring at a ruined tower.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:44 pm

Jasmine, keen to keep a low profile, looks around to see if there are any interesting shops/wares/street entertainers in the area. She feels bad for Merrill, waiting back without them, and thinks maybe around dinnertime she can bring her back a nice fat sandwich.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:05 am

- OOC: Only one post in the last week? I think it's pretty clear that this game has fizzled. I'm calling it. Done.

Thanks for playing, everyone. I did manage to glean some information from this test and I do have a few things to revise/edit. 
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:14 pm

OOC: It was fun while it was going. Thanks!
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum