Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 36 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Gemma wrote:"Of course," Gemma assures the merchant. "I just wanted to be sure that I was dealing with someone who knew their stuff!" She reveals the gem with a flourish and studies the man's reaction.
OOC: Insight to see if he really knows gems or is talking out of his you-know-what, +0
The old man handles the gem carefully, eyeing it closely. Gemma suspects that he might know a little something about gems, but he's not jeweler by trade. Perhaps he just has his finger on the pulse of the economy? After a few seconds, he sighs. "I can probably give you 3 or even 4,000 coins for this ... but I have to have a friend of mine examine it, first. Obviously, I don't keep that sort of coin in the store. Can you meet me back here, tomorrow morning? With the gem?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 36 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Glitz Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:02 pm

"Of course. While I'm here, do you have any magical combat items or potions? My friends and I, we're heading off to take on an old foe, and I'd like us to be amply prepared." She winks at the man.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:35 pm

Gemma wrote:"Of course. While I'm here, do you have any magical combat items or potions? My friends and I, we're heading off to take on an old foe, and I'd like us to be amply prepared." She winks at the man.
"Magical combat items? No," he laughs, "I'm afraid such things don't usually find their way into common stores. I do, however, have a few potions with the power to heal!"

He leans in real close and whispers, "if you're looking for a more wondrous potion, then I might be able to locate one for you. I could bring it tomorrow. 25 coins for the ones I have already, 50 for the others."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:44 pm

"Excellent. Bring whatever you have tomorrow, and we'll settle the whole transaction at one time. Sound fair?" Gemma holds out her hand to shake, and then puts the gem back in her pouch.

Once the merchant shakes her hand, she will head back out into the street, summoning her siblings to her side. She will look up and down the street for Merrill, Jasmine, and Iris.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Gemma wrote:"Excellent. Bring whatever you have tomorrow, and we'll settle the whole transaction at one time. Sound fair?" Gemma holds out her hand to shake, and then puts the gem back in her pouch.
Once the merchant shakes her hand, she will head back out into the street, summoning her siblings to her side. She will look up and down the street for Merrill, Jasmine, and Iris.
Merrill wrote:Her business done, Merrill heads over to the Jeweler where Gemma is.
Merrill spots Brody and Miriam outside the general store. Gemma emerges from the store as soon as Merrill reaches them.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Jasmine wrote:"G'day,miss!" Jasmine calls out in a loud voice. "Could we have a moment of your time? We have some items you may be interested in."
Sweat glistening on her rippling muscles, the smelter woman turns around, startled by the intrusion. "Huh? What? Oh, yes! What can I do for you?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:22 pm

"Good news, Merrill! This gem is worth thousands of coins," she lowers her voice and whispers excitedly. "The bad news is, we can't get it until tomorrow. The shopkeeper said that he will also have some healing potions available for purchase, tomorrow, as well!"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Sweating profusely already, Iris turns to head back outside.

"Jasmine, it is too hot in here for me. I'm going back to watch the cart. Just remember that we do not have to sell these bars so there is no reason to get angry, okay?" With a warm smile, Iris leaves and returns to the cart outside.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:14 am

FutbolDude21586 wrote:Sweating profusely already, Iris turns to head back outside.

"Jasmine, it is too hot in here for me. I'm going back to watch the cart. Just remember that we do not have to sell these bars so there is no reason to get angry, okay?" With a warm smile, Iris leaves and returns to the cart outside.
Jasmine nods, blushing slightly in the hopes this well-muscled woman didn't hear the remarks. "I'm Jasmine Landsend, ma'am--thanks for makin' my acquaintance. my friends and I have traveled here from out of town. We are looking to sell a boon of silver ingot, but would like to get an idea of how much it is worth." She has to step out to grab the wheelbarrow back from Iris, but brings it in and throws the cloth off of it to show their boon off to the smelter.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:29 am

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine nods, blushing slightly in the hopes this well-muscled woman didn't hear the remarks. "I'm Jasmine Landsend, ma'am--thanks for makin' my acquaintance. my friends and I have traveled here from out of town. We are looking to sell a boon of silver ingot, but would like to get an idea of how much it is worth." She has to step out to grab the wheelbarrow back from Iris, but brings it in and throws the cloth off of it to show their boon off to the smelter.
The smelter lifts a pair of the ingots and weighs them carefully in her hand. She pauses momentarily to eye Jasmine and then goes back to the silver. Finally, she licks one of the silver bar and considers its purity. "Alright," she says, "I'll bite. Ya got seven pounds of silver here. So, at 65 pounds a piece, that's ...um," her fingers twitch as she does the math, "455 coins worth."

"If ya sell 'em someplace, ya'll prolly get half that ... I can strike 'em for ya, tho (make some coins outta 'em) for a fee. Maybe 100. So, ya'd get 350. Or," she smiles, "I can just give ya 350 for the lot of 'em and we can call it even."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:59 am

Jasmine thinks carefully, not able to follow along so much with the split and the value. She measures the woman carefully and does her best to discern whether she is being truthful or lying.

[ooc - insight, +0]
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:59 am

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Glitz wrote:"Good news, Merrill! This gem is worth thousands of coins," she lowers her voice and whispers excitedly. "The bad news is, we can't get it until tomorrow. The shopkeeper said that he will also have some healing potions available for purchase, tomorrow, as well!"
"Oh! Excellent! The bowyer valued my bow at 500-1000 coin, so perhaps it is a more equal portion of the treasure"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine thinks carefully, not able to follow along so much with the split and the value. She measures the woman carefully and does her best to discern whether she is being truthful or lying.
[ooc - insight, 7+0]
The numbers sound "about" right to Jasmine.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:04 pm

Stepping back into the forge but standing near the door, "How much to just sell the bars to you, my good lady? We are tracking an enemy of Wodana through this fine city and wish to not be held up as you work your magic minting us new coin."

OOC: Persuasion +0
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:04 pm

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:15 pm

Smelter wrote:"...Or," she smiles, "I can just give ya 350 for the lot of 'em and we can call it even."
Iris wrote:Stepping back into the forge but standing near the door, "How much to just sell the bars to you, my good lady? We are tracking an enemy of Wodana through this fine city and wish to not be held up as you work your magic minting us new coin."
- Persuasion = 3
"350," she says.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 pm

"Sounds as fair an offer as we'll get anytime soon," Jasmine states, pushing the cart forward toward the smelter. "And no waiting I assume--you've got the goods in the back somewhere? We'll wait."

She waits until the smelter takes leave to the get the coin and whispers to Iris. "Hopefully the others have made good with their wares, as well.'
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:15 am

Jasmine wrote:"Sounds as fair an offer as we'll get anytime soon," Jasmine states, pushing the cart forward toward the smelter. "And no waiting I assume--you've got the goods in the back somewhere? We'll wait." She waits until the smelter takes leave to the get the coin and whispers to Iris. "Hopefully the others have made good with their wares, as well.'
The smelter lady nods and turns to retrieve the coins. She disappears through door at the back of the shop and returns a minute later with a heavy sack. She places the sack into the wheelbarrow and starts lifting the ingots. "If you need any other metal worked, I'll be here."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Merrill moves towards the Blacksmith shop then. "Hello Iris! Jasmine! I hope you were able to get rid of some of that silver. I found out my bow could fetch me 500 coin in town. Is that goin to be close to my portion of the loot?" She's holding tightly to the bow, hoping she won't need to sell it. "And are we ready to go? I am getting antsy waiting about."
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Jasmine walks out of the shop in horror, approaching the blacksmith to hear Merrill's sweet voice trilling about some coin she may be privy to (and 500 at that!) She rushes up to her, shushing, the whole way, putting her arm over her sister-in-arms. "Trudie, thank goodness we've found you! Playing some more of your play-pretendsies, are you? Come here, let's look for a place for tea."

Ever paranoid about cities and those wot may be hidin' in 'em, she quietly asks Merrill if she's seen Jemma, and if she catches her eye she requests a private place and a review of the charter.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Quietly enough to not be overheard but loudly enough for Merrill to hear, "We sold the bars to the smelter for 350 coin. I told you that the bow was special, I'm happy for you!"
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:32 pm

FutbolDude21586 wrote:Quietly enough to not be overheard but loudly enough for Merrill to hear, "We sold the bars to the smelter for 350 coin. I told you that the bow was special, I'm happy for you!"
"Oh! Very nice. Are we headed to find Nalkor today then? Or are we going to wait?"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:24 pm

At this point, the four of you gals realize that all of the men in your adventuring party seem to have wandered off.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:47 pm

Jasmine looks around, exasperated. "So I guess it's just us for now? Well, we can do this. Gemma...it seemed like maybe you had an idea of where to start? You're smarter than I am, that's fer sure. I hope he doesn't have much of a crew with him. I can't do much but stand there and swing."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next