Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Page 37 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:57 pm

- OOC: Glitz is really sick, today, and resting. I'm sure she will post as soon as she's up and feeling better.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium on Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Malazek wrote:- OOC: Glitz is really sick, today, and resting. I'm sure she will post as soon as she's up and feeling better.

oOC: I hope she's feeling better soon!

Merrill looks at Jasmine with a frown. "I think we've been handling ourselves well so far, even without them. Maybe we'll be fine with just the warm and Gemma, Miriam, and Brody. With Iris to back us up it should be fine, right?"
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:01 pm

"I hope so. I think we're a strong group just with those we have left." Jasmine cracks a small smile.
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:02 pm

OOC: Feel better, Gemma!

OOC: They "disappeared", went AWOL ooorrr...??

"If it is Wodana's Will, surely we cannot be wrong. However, with Merrill's new bow, Jasmine's new sword, and the blessings of the Great Wodana, we can do anything."
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:17 pm

"Then I say we take care of him immediately. No sense in putting it off"
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:54 pm

"We could go immediately...or we could wait until tomorrow, when we might have access to some magical potions." She shares the information with the group about the gem, its worth and the fact that the general merchant has some basic healing potions, and might have more powerful potions the following day. "Of course, given Iris' skill in healing, we haven't had much need for the potions so far, so I'm okay with carrying on. We know that he lives on Dwarf Road outside of town, in an old, run-down tower. We could head that way and see what we find!"

OOC: Thanks, everyone! My sister got married this past weekend, and then I immediately became very sick. It's been a loooong week!
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:27 pm

OOC: I got deathly ill this past weekend as well!! I'm glad you're feeling betterer!!
The potions the guy had were only healing? I thought he said he might have other 'wondrous' potions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by FutbolDude21586 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:52 am

Gemma wrote:She shares the information with the group about ... the general merchant ... might have more powerful potions the following day.
Iris wrote:The potions the guy had were only healing? I thought he said he might have other 'wondrous' potions. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- OOC: He said that if she was interested, he could get his hands on a wider variety of potions.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:45 pm

OOC: And then I thought I saw Gemma say "Ok, bring everything tomorrow and we can sell the gem and browse the potions." Maybe I'm misreading/minunderstanding, that is HIGHLY possible!!
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:52 pm

"Hrm...well, it certainly behooves us to see exactly how wondrous these potential potions could be. We just may really need the leg up when we finally catch up to Nalkor and his crew."
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:41 am

"Well, we will have to wait until tomorrow to see the 'special' potions, and to get money for the gem. So, anyone have any ideas for killing time, today? Want to go scout out the tower?"
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:17 pm

"Perhaps another day will do us some good. So...do you think Malcolm might be in the tower, Gemma? I'd be happy to scout and around and investigate there."
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 am

"Well, the man from the inn told me that he lives in the run-down tower on Dwarf Road, just outside of town. So, I would assume that's where he is. A few hours of scouting could give us a leg up tomorrow." Gemma begins looking around for a town guard. "Excuse me, excuse me...can you point me in the direction of Dwarf Road?"

Once she has directions, assuming everyone else is game, she will start moving in that direction, siblings moving with her.
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:03 am

Gemma wrote:"Excuse me, excuse me...can you point me in the direction of Dwarf Road?"
She doesn't spot one right away, but then remembers that there were a bunch by the southern gate. After moving back toward the gate, however, there are guards aplenty. They hastily give her directions, informing her that the Dwarf Road is on the other side of town, just outside the northern gate.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:40 pm

"Perhaps I should stay behind and find lodgings for at least one more night for us? I wouldn't want to slow us all down." Iris states before everyone gears up to run to the tower.
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:54 pm

"I'd wager we can find a place a mite closer to Dwarf Road than the one we were stayin' at," Jasmine says. "I think we should just plug away. If not, I spose we could always just come back. We have the whole day, anyway."
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Gemma shrugs. "I don't see why we would move any faster than we normally move, Iris. I never suggested such a thing, and I don't think anyone else did, either. I suppose we could try to find an inn on that side of town, if you all would rather, but it's not a huge city."

Gemma shifts back and forth on her feet, confused at the conversation.
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Jasmine notes Gemma's confusion, and shrugs herself. "Let's check out the tower, right? Then we'll gauge the layout as best we can, and see if we can come up with some genius plan." She starts heading toward that side of town.

OOC: I'm confused too, but I'm also confused about what we're confused about.
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:40 pm

zappo168 wrote:Jasmine notes Gemma's confusion, and shrugs herself. "Let's check out the tower, right? Then we'll gauge the layout as best we can, and see if we can come up with some genius plan." She starts heading toward that side of town.

OOC: I'm confused too, but I'm also confused about what we're confused about.

OOC: I think Iris just wanted to stay behind?

"Let's go then!" Merrill will gather her things and head out with the team
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:36 pm

OOC: No...  just... I'd force everyone to move at half-speed if we were forced to flee, since we're planning on hitting it tomorrow, or you could just leave me behind, I guess.

Walking along with the group and leaning on her staff with practiced ease, Iris does her best to keep up while keeping an eye out for anyone matching Nalkor's description in the crowd.

OOC: Perception? +0
The closest type of skill you have listed is Investigation and it's not really the same thing. Both are +0 for me either way.
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:37 pm

OOC: Forgot the die-roller...
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:37 pm

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Jasmine plunges ahead doggedly, stopping to let Iris catch up every once in awhile.
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Iris wrote:OOC: Perception? The closest type of skill you have listed is Investigation and it's not really the same thing ...
- OOC: There is an advantage (Alert) that provides a bonus to perception rolls.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine notes Gemma's confusion, and shrugs herself. "Let's check out the tower, right? Then we'll gauge the layout as best we can, and see if we can come up with some genius plan." She starts heading toward that side of town.
Merrill wrote:"Let's go then!" Merrill will gather her things and head out with the team
Iris wrote:Walking along with the group and leaning on her staff with practiced ease, Iris does her best to keep up while keeping an eye out for anyone matching Nalkor's description in the crowd.
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine plunges ahead doggedly, stopping to let Iris catch up every once in awhile.
Walking through town, Iris spots quite a few old men and a couple of people in black hooded robes, but only one old man in a black hooded robe. After watching him, however, she decides the old man is just too jolly to be an evil wizard. After a short delay, the party moves on ...

It doesn't take the party long to walk to the other side of torn and find the northern gate. (Compared to Buckfield and Zargos, Dockin is quite dinky). From there, the Dwarf Road stretches out to the north. Amazingly, it is cobbled for as far as the eye can see.

The four women walk along the cobbled Dwarf Road, but they don't get very far before they spot a ruined tower in the distance. From a half mile away, the tower appears to be a hundred yards or so off the road and surrounded by uneven ground and weeds. The tower looks to have been a stout bell tower at some point in the past, but the upper portion of the tower's front face has crumbled away. A dim light flickers from one of the rear windows and a short picket fence surrounds the tower, but it too stands in shambles.

- OOC: Getting closer?
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next