Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses"

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses" - Page 8 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses"

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg: HP: 68/76 AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:17 Will:24 Healing Surges:11/11 AP:0

"Bedamn, Davin! Dats da proper way ta treat ah Orc!"

Standard: Cast Healing Word on Kersh (spend Healing Surge and add 2d6+10 to it)
Minor: Maintain CG
Move: None
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses" - Page 8 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses"

The Witch-King wrote:HP:84/72 AC:31/29(bloodied) Fort:22 Ref:20 Will:18 Healing Surges:11/11 Action Points:1

Dismayed at the collapse of the line, Mordax leaps over the wall and tries to slam the orc raider aside.

Athletics: 1d20+13=17
Standard: Tide of Nets 1d20+12=15 and push the target 1 square.
Dmg: 1d10+6=13
Move (if successful): to L6, otherwise to K6
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP:86/86 AC:28 Fort:22 Ref:22 Will:25 Healing Surges:11/11 Action Points:0 Initiative: 20

Verity climbs atop the barrier to swipe at an Orc.

Minor: Challenge M4 BR
Move: to K6, Athletics 19
Standard: Bolstering Strike L6 Orc 18 to hit, 6 damage
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:39 am

Malazek wrote:OOC: Only 90 Minutes this this time. Hehe.

Round 7 Recap & Resolution ...

Init 30 (Beginning of Round 7)
Taalgarnuk jabs his blade into the Worg, but leaves it hovering in a dangerous position. With Kobold slyness, he shifts closer to the main fight.
Riposte Strike: 30 vs AC, 13 damage.

Init 29 (Beginning of Round 7)
The Worg follows Taalgarnuk, looking to return the favor; but the trapmaster's dagger proves to be a less effective in the darkness.
Worg vs T's AC: 22; 13 damage & Ongoing 5
Riposte follow-up vs Worg; 14 vs AC; Miss

The crossbow crew continues to run forward, bringing their leader is handy artillery.

Yanking his crossbow free of the tripod, he heads to a firing position, leaving the boxy contraption attached. Taking a moment to evaluate the situation, he begins firing at what he believes to be the lynchpin of the heroes' strategy: Kersh.
CRIT vs Kersh: 33 damage
34 vs Kersh's AC: 15 damage

Init 22
OOC: 24 Hours. That's 48 since Magicspellz posted. I hope she's Okay.
At any rate, I'll go ahead and post for Alex ...

Alex repeatedly belts the berserkers eyes with distracting hydrology.
CRIT! 21 Damage and the BR is -2 to attack. And Bloodied.

Init 20
Clearly frustrated, Davin pounds two arrows into the Eog at near point-blank; killing it.
Then, he tries to get Hound's attention.

Issuing another challenge, Verity climbs back onto the wall, and takes a swipe at the orc ... but wiffs.

Init 19
The Ork behind the hay chucks his last throwing axe at Kersh before joining the fray. The two along the wall do likewise (after taking radiant burns from the CG).
30 vs Kersh's AC: 8 damage
CRIT! vs Kersh: 9 damage

Those who can reach him with their battle axes, uese those instead
32 vs AC: 17 damage
18 vs AC: Miss
29 vs AC: 11 damage. Kersh is Bloodied

Hound finally hears his friend calling for him. "Cyl, ThAeR!" The clever mutt jumps down, and fetches the light stick he's carried for so many miles. "Kor! Kai ol!" With playful glee, the hound thrashes around the pit, bumping into Mordax and Kersh as he scrambles over the wall. The orcs swing their heavy axes at the dog, as he sprays his scent all over them. "Rair air! Kaer shas caesi!" Heeding Davin's call, Hound returns over the wall.

OA: 21 vs AC: 8 damage
OA: 25 vs AC: 17 damage

Init 18
The Bloodrager attacking Kersh continues to press the assault.
29 vs Kersh's AC: 8 damage

The other gets up. And then risks Verity's blade, and starts to climb; but the knight quickly slashes at him, and the Ork stumbles back to the floor. Somehow, he still manages to drop his axe on Verity's shoulder.

Suffers 5 Ongoing.
Athletics A = 19. Athletics B = 14.
I rolled Verity's OA vs BR: 24 vs AC: 6 damage
Retaliation: 31 (33-2) vs Verity's AC: 12 damage
Save = 10 (Success)

Init 14
Juugug yells "Sticketh ye ta da plan!" Confidence beginning to falter, Juugug calls upon his holy lance once more.
20 vs. L6 Orc: Miss

Init 11
Someone tries to open the door behind you, but finds it blocked by old furniture.

Init 9
Apparently, someone is trying to the other door, too; but it's blocked by hay bales.

Init 7
"Help! Help! Kersh dying! Kersh dying!" Despite his whining, Kersh smashes the skull of a distant orc with his flail.
23 vs O7 Ork: 22 damage. That Orc dies.

While sustaining his previous spell, Vangg says a word of healing for the injured Ogre.
Kersh heals 91 hps and is no longer Bloodied.

Azzy looks at Snorri, feeling about as useful as a bound and gagged Dwarven commoner.

Init 6
Dismayed, Mordax climbs the wall, yet again. He swings his net, catching nothing with it.
OOC: K6 was taken, so I moved him to K7, instead.

Resourceful as ever, Straegis hefts an Orcish handaxe, and again throws it through a crowd of allies, toward the deadly berserker across the narrow hall. The axe clamours harmlessly off the shoulder of the bloodrager.
_____ _____ _____ _____

Init 30 (Beginning of Round Cool
Trapped between the Worg and Half-Orc, Taalgarnuk makes a tactical decision: he calls upon da Queen's power to strike the Worg's face, thus creating a chance to escape this deadly predicament. He heads for wall, but realizing he can't make, he takes cover behind the hay bales (from the marksman).

Taalgarnuk takes 5 Ongoing.
WS: 28 vs Worg's AC: 4 damage and the Worg is Dazed.
Since it's dazed, it can't take OA's, allowing Taalgarnuk to move freely.
Move to P3. taalgarnuk's Save = 6 (Failed)

Init 29 (Beginning of Round Cool
Unable to do much else, the Worg follows.

Eager to join the fray, the crowssbow crew dashes forward, flinging handaxes as they go.
28 vs Kersh's AC: 6 damage
25 vs Kersh's AC: 7 damage
29 vs Kersh's AC: 10 damage

The half-orc watches in disbelief as the heroes try to go toe-to-toe with his blood-thirsty ragers. Pulling the spent cartridge from the crossbow, he loads it manually and fires.
40 vs Kersh's AC: 37 damage

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses" - Page 8 Gx1cFNOS

Onto Round 8 ...
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 71/71; AC 22 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:17, Action Points=1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 80/105; AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 SV:26, Action Points=1

"Focus attack on my (L7) Bloodrager - we have him on the ropes! Kill it before it uses it's rage to bolster itself!"

O.O.C. - Remember, these guys got a huge healing surge the turn after they went Bloodied. If we can kill him before Initiative count 18, no healing surge. If it looks possible, I will edit my Action Point in there.

Round 8, Davin
Move - Designate L7 Bloodrager as my Hunter's Quarry
Minor – Maintain Hunting Party Stance
Standard - Twin Strike L7 Bloodrager
Action Point - Two-Fanged Strike L7 Bloodrager

Initiative=20
Twin Strike 1=33
Twin Strike 2=33
TS Damage 1=8
TS Damage 2=16
HQ Damage=13
Two-Fanged Strike 1=30
Two-Fanged Strike 2=26
TFS Damage 1=22
TFS Damage 2=21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 8, Hound
Move - None
Minor – None
Standard – None (Currently there is no way to attack anyone, but if Initiative 22 and 20 allow the opportunity to attack, Hound will move for a Hit and Run against anyone he can; Raider>Worg>Half-Orc>Bloodrager.)

Initiative=19
Athletics=8
Crucial Advice Athletics=27
Hit and Run=27
HR Damage=8
HQ Damage=5

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP:74/86 AC:28 Fort:22 Ref:22 Will:25 Healing Surges:11/11 Action Points:0 Initiative: 20

Standard: Fearsome Smite L7 BR, 27 to hit, 14 damage and BR is -2 to hit
Move: Shift to N5
Minor: Challenge L7 BR

DM EDIT: Do you mean MOVE to N5? Or do you have some power that let's you shift 3 squares?
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:40 am

151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg: HP: 68/76 AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:17 Will:24 Healing Surges:11/11 AP:0

"Keel dem spawns o' Troll scat!!"

Standard: Cast Cure Light Wounds on Hound (Regain HPs AS IF had spent a Healing Surge and add +10 to it)
Minor: Sustain CG

OOC: Orcs that started their turns in the CG area took no damage last round? (1d6+3)??
DM EDIT: Yes, they sure did. Did I forgot to post that? I did subrtact it from their HPs, tho.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:74/74 AC:24 Fort:22 Ref:22 Will:19 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

Straegis bellows, "No More Enemies Behind the Wall Unless they're Climbing Over!!!" Completely boxed in (no pun intended!), he looks for another handaxe and decides to make a move around his allies, before he does he tells Mordax "Hit him once more for me! and remind me when this fight is over that I want a spear! How different this fight would be if we just had spears!"

Standard: Commander's Strike to Mordax.
Minor: Pick up another loose handaxe.
Move: To J4.

O.O.C.: Mordax can make a Basic Attack now as a Free Action and be +4 to Damage (Warlord- Commander's Strike).

DM EDIT: I think YOU have to be in melee range of the enemy to use that. Commander's Strike is listed as a "Melee Weapon" power, meaning the target has to be within reach of your melee weapon; and the target isn't your ally, but the enemy your ally gets to attack (see page 145). The "weapon" key word says: "a weapon's reach or range determines the reach or range of a power it's used with." (Page 56)
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:OOC: I'm really sorry but I'm travelling at the minute and I'm struggling to find time/places to post (they seem to be mutually exclusive of each other at the moment). Please perform a Hot Rain on P5.

Sorry!

DM EDIT: Np! I can handle posting for Alex until you get back.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:*Ventrilo channel open* Alright, this is Raid Leader Swift. I want all healing on Kersh - he is the Main Tank for this one. As soon as the Ragers hit 50%, full DPS. Everyone got it? Alright, lets do it! *Ventrilo channel closes*

Where oh where has my DnD gone...
Oh where, oh where can it be!

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Swifthand wrote:As soon as the Ragers hit 50%, full DPS
What's a "DPS"?

Mordax swings his mallet at the bloodrager's head in a fury.

Standard: Reaping Strike Stnd 1d20+12=18 (half damage on a miss)
Dmg:1d10+6=14

Note: If the 'rager falls, Mordax will move to L7. If a path opens w/o AoO, he'll move to M5.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:41 am

Swifthand wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:
Swifthand wrote:As soon as the Ragers hit 50%, full DPS
What's a "DPS"?

Damage Per Second, old MMORG vernacular.

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:74/74 AC:24 Fort:22 Ref:22 Will:19 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

Straegis bellows, "No More Enemies Behind the Wall Unless they're Climbing Over!!!" Completely boxed in (no pun intended!), he looks for another handaxe and decides to make a move around his allies, before he does he tells Mordax "Hit him once more for me! and remind me when this fight is over that I want a spear! How different this fight would be if we just had spears!"

Standard: Commander's Strike to Mordax.
Minor: Pick up another loose handaxe.
Move: To J4.

O.O.C.: Mordax can make a Basic Attack now as a Free Action and be +4 to Damage (Warlord- Commander's Strike).

DM EDIT: I think YOU have to be in melee range of the enemy to use that. Commander's Strike is listed as a "Melee Weapon" power, meaning the target has to be within reach of your melee weapon; and the target isn't your ally, but the enemy your ally gets to attack (see page 145). The "weapon" key word says: "a weapon's reach or range determines the reach or range of a power it's used with." (Page 56)

O.O.C.: Couldn't hold post, had to amend after your note from earlier.

Straegis moves across into a new position and unleashes another handaxe at the bloodrager.

Minor: same as above
Move: same as above
Standard: ranged attack on bloodrager at M4

Attack: 1d20=3+11=14
Damage: MISS!!!
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:OOC: Hehe. 1:45 this time (with last minute edits included).
_____ _____ _____ _____

Round 8 Reacp & Resolution

Init 30
Trapped between the Worg and Half-Orc, Taalgarnuk makes a tactical decision: he calls upon da Queen's power to strike the Worg's face, thus creating a chance to escape this deadly predicament. He heads for wall, but realizing he can't make, he takes cover behind the hay bales (from the marksman).

Init 29
Unable to do much else, the Worg follows.

Eager to join the fray, the crowssbow crew dashes forward, flinging handaxes as they go.

The half-orc watches in disbelief as the heroes try to go toe-to-toe with his blood-thirsty ragers. Pulling the spent cartridge from the crossbow, he loads it manually and fires.

Init 22
The Tides of Retribution boils and fly forth from Alex's outstretched hand, rolling across the ceiling for nearly 50 yards, where they start to rain down on the Maelstrom's foes ... still boiling!

18 vs. Worg's Ref: 14 Damage
25 vs. Orc's Ref: 14 Damage
27 vs. Orc's Ref: 14 Damage
24 vs. Orc's Ref: 14 Damage
25 vs. Half-orc's Ref: Miss

Init 20
Shouting from the darkness, Davin demands the life of a bloodrager, now! To kick off the slaughter, he fires four deadly arrows at the enfuriated orcish warrior.

With a frightful stroke, Verity brings his heavy blade down upon the bloodrager. And then, he jumps off the wall and runs out into the thick of battle. Two Orcs swing at him as he passes, and sems to sure to hit, until a silent prayer from Juugug protects his former pupil ... When the knight reaches the EBT, he turns and issues another one of the Queen's challenges to the still-standing bloodrager in the corner.
OR's OA vs Verity: 20 vs AC: Miss.
Juugug's Shielding Word gives Verity a +4 AC
BR's OA vs Verity: 30 vs AC (28+4=34)*: Miss.

Init 19
The Orks upon Vangg's holy floor continue to suffer, but the lot of them press on ... They shuffle around a bit, changing places ... then, one swings a heavy axe at Kersh, and another at Verity ... then, one breaks for the wall, only to be cut down by Kersh and Mordax ... then another runs passed Verity and, despite taking a sword in the gut, makes for the wall where his skull is collapsed beneath a fisherman's hammer.

24 vs Kersh's AC: Miss.
21 vs Verity's AC: Miss.
Athletics = 18.
Mordax's OA: CRIT! 16 damage
Kersh's OA: 25 vs AC: 13 damage and the Orc is killed.
Verity's OA: 25 vs AC: 10 damage.
Athletics = 19.
Mordax's OA: 26 vs AC: 14 damage and the Orc dies

Hound leaps to the wall and almost slips in the blood, but Davin hollars something in the Elvish tongue to help the mutt finds his footing. Face to face a the snarling berserker, Hound bites the Ork and rips it's throat out. The Bloodrager is dead.

Init 18
The lone Bloodrager gets up and tries to bury his Axe in Kersh again, but the Ogre blocks the cleaver with the handle of his heavy flail.
23 vs Kersh's AC: Miss.

Init 14
Juugug fires another lance of faith at one of the Orks.
27 vs AC: 10 damage. Davin is +2 to his next attack.

Init 9
One of doors continues to jiggle; the other, not so much.
The third door opens, and a whole new Orc witnesses the battle!!

Init 7
Kersh swings his flail and hit only the wall.
Natural 1

"Keel dem spawns o' Troll scat!!" Vangg says before whispering a healing word for the dog, and another to sustain his ongoing effect.

OOC: Vangg, I moved the CG; I figured you would have, if you knew nobody would be in it by your initiative.
OOC: Davin, dont' forget to heal Hound 26 HPs

Init 6
Mordax hops off the wall, and moves toward the other bloodrager, swinging his mallet at the its head in a fury. After the hammer rings off it's forehead, the crazy orc takes a hack at Mordax.
Retaliation: 34 vs Mordax's AC: 11 damage

Straegis bellows, "No More Enemies Behind the Wall Unless they're Climbing Over!!!" Picking up another handax, he chucks it at the bloodrager and misses.
_____ _____ _____ _____

Init 29 (Beginning of Round 9)
Faced with few other options, Taalgarnuk shifts up behind the bloodrager, and buries his dagger in it's back.
Taalgarnuk takes 5 ongoing damage.
DS: 34 vs BR's AC: 15 damage
Save = 19 (Success)

Init 30 (Beginning of Round 9)
Shaking it's head and regaining it's bearings, the Worg bounds after the kobold with tooth and claw. With the Worg so close, everyone else soon figures why it gave the kobold so much trouble.
24 vs T's AC: 14 damage and an ongoing 5.
Worg: Aura 3: Everyone within 3 sq of the Worg is -1 to attack (the Orcs are +1)

The Ork behind the haybales throws again.
17 vs Kersh's AC: Miss.

The other two rush the wall, and attack hound.
20 vs Hound AC: 7 damage
31 vs Hound's AC: 9 damage

Watching the line collapse, the half-orc helps his crew at the wall by firing bots at the lonely dog protecting the east end by himself. Then, he himself rushes forward.
Natural 1: Miss
31 vs Hound's AC: 10 damage

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses" - Page 8 AV2bYEy0

Onto Round 9 ...
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:HP:84/63 AC:31/29(bloodied) Fort:22 Ref:20 Will:18 Healing Surges:11/11 Action Points:1

Malazek wrote:Init 6
Mordax hops off the wall, and moves toward the other bloodrager, swinging his mallet at the its head in a fury. After the hammer rings off it's forehead, the crazy orc takes a hack at Mordax.
Retaliation: 34 vs Mordax's AC: 11 damage
OOC: Just wanted to make sure you remembered 1/2 dmg on a miss.

In a fit of rage, Mordax bellows "Fer' Empire! Fer' Empire an' glory!"
Standard: Come and Net It close burst 3, shift 1/2 Orc to M6 and O6 Orc to N6, attack at close burst 1 = 1d20+11=23 (24, actually) and 1d20+12=29.
Dmg: 1d10+6=9 and 1d10+6=12

DM EDIT: I did remember. 😉
Also, your dialogue was yellow for some reason, so I switched it back to your usual tan.
(I assume yellow was an accident, cuz that's the color of links & damage)

PLAYER EDIT: Cool. And, yeppers - tae!
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:42 am

151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg: HP: 68/76 AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:17 Will:24 Healing Surges:11/11 AP:1

Standard: Cast Flame Strike on N-5 (Should hit all of 'em - Area Burst 2)

Attack: 1d20+12=16

Damage: 2d10+5=14
+ 10 Ongoing damage (Save Ends) - Miss = 1/2 Damage

Edit: 1d20+12=20, 1d20+12=16, 1d20+12=28, 1d20+12=15, 1d20+12=24, 1d20+12=23, 1d20+12=23
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Move to J5 and use Scorching Vapour.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 71/71; AC 22 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:17, Action Points=1
Hound: HP 79/105; AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 SV:26, Action Points=1

"Azzy - get the Crossbow, load it, and be ready to hand it to me."

Round 9, Davin
Move - Maintain Hunting Party Stance
Minor – Designate L6 Orc as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Twin Strike L6 Orc

Initiative=20
Twin Strike 1=19
Twin Strike 2=27
TS Damage 1=miss
TS Damage 2=12
HQ Damage=10

Davin will give Hound his Hunting Party bonus this round.

Round 9, Hound
Move - Shift to K7 (flank with Mordax)
Minor – Designate L6 Orc as Hunter's Quarry
Standard – Hit and Run L6 Orc

Initiative=19
Hit and Run=23
HR Damage=6
HQ Damage=6
Hunting Party HQ Damage=13

L6 Orc is knocked Prone.

O.O.C. - Davin cannot designate the Bloodrager as his Hunter's Quarry until row L is clear; he must designate the closest enemy (until 11th level, that is 😉 ).

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Grabbing yet another handaxe, Straegis intends to attack the bloodrager again. This time he is more deliberate with his aim and the axe strikes true. Just then he sees what appears to be a golden opportunity and he moves to a space on the wall just recently vacated by his ally. He uses the maneuver Mordax showed him to bash the orc in front of him. His sword then flies into the orc standing in front of hound.

Standard: ranged attack on bloodrager at M4

Attack: 1d20=18+11=29
Damage: 1d6=6+4=10

Move: move to K6

Athletics(?): 1d20=3+13=16

Free: spend AP
Standard: Cleave attack (stored in chainmail) on orc at L6 and then L7

Attack: 1d20=8+15=23
Damage: 1d8=8+9=17(L6 orc) and 4 Damage (L7 orc)

O.O.C.: I didn't know if I needed the Athletics check to climb on the wall, or just to climb over?
DM EDIT: You need one either way.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:43 am

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: Damage rolls edited in last post
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:OOC: Haha! Done in 90 Minutes.

Round 9 Resolution & Recap ...

Init 30
Shaking it's head and regaining it's bearings, the Worg bounds after the kobold with tooth and claw. With the Worg so close, everyone else soon figures why it gave the kobold so much trouble.

The Ork behind the haybales throws again.

The other two rush the wall, and attack hound.

Watching the line collapse, the half-orc helps his crew at the wall by firing bots at the lonely dog protecting the east end by himself. Then, he himself rushes forward.

Init 22
Alex steps forward as his boiling vapours recede, reaching their hottest as the collesce around the enemies closest to him.
32 vs BR's Fort: 15 Damage and an Ongoing 5 Fire (Save ends).
16 vs OR's Fort: Miss.
29 vs OR's Fort: 15 Damage and an Ongoing 5 Fire (Save ends).
32 vs OR's Fort: 15 Damage and an Ongoing 5 Fire (Save ends).
33 vs HA's Fort: 15 Damage and an Ongoing 5 Fire (Save ends)

Init 20
"Azzy - get the Crossbow, load it, and be ready to hand it to me," Davin says as he continues to fire from the darkness. His shots bloody the orc in the corner, and leave him open to hunter's hound.

OOC: Posting for Verity ...
Verity saps the berserker's strength with a well-placed cut of his blade.
30 vs AC: 12 damage and the BR is -2 to attack.

Init 19
The surviving Orcs from the first wave turn their attention from the Ogre to the dog; one pays a steep price for this decision.
O6: Takes 6 damage from CG. he is bloodied.
O6: Natural 1 vs Hound's AC: Miss.
M3: 23 vs Hound's AC: 11 Damage
Kersh's OA vs M3: 29 vs Orc's AC: 12 Damage. M3 dies.
Save = 1 (Miss)

Scurrying along atop the boxes, Hound sinks his teeth into another Orc -- the same Orc Davin fired at -- and rips the raider off his feet.

Init 18
The senseless Bloodrager continues his assault against the Ogre.
21 vs Kersh's AC: Miss.
Save = 15 (Success)

Init 14
Juugug across the pit to help hound defend the wall.
Sacred Flame vs. L6: CRIT! 12 damage. L6 dies.
Hound gains 8 Temporary HPs

Init 9
The north and east doors become mysteriously silent. The Orc at the southmost door closes it behind him as he hustles through it.

Init 7
Tired of getting hacked into, the maddened Kersh flails wildly.
The battlerager objects.
17 vs BR's AC: Miss.
Retaliation: 22 vs Kersh's AC: Miss

While maintaining his concentration on a previous effect, Vangg summons da Queen's fiery wrath: filling the battlefield with divine fire and righteous justice!
The Half-Orc is Bloodied.

Azzy squeezes from the room and gets a crossbow ready for Davin.

Init 6
Mordax sreams "Fer' Empire! Fer' Empire an' glory!", drawing an axe-hefting orc and the half-orc toward him. Then, with his hammer, he wallops them both.

Straegis hurls another axe passed Kersh and into the bloodrager. Then, he climbs onto the wall and hacks away at the remaining Orc.

OOC: The L6 was already dead. So, I applied your attack to L7; but you could've done that with a basic attack, so don't expend the armor's power.
_____ _____ _____ _____

Init 30 (Beginning of Round 10)
Taalgarnuk runs his blade through the battlerager.
Taalgarnuk takes an ongoing 5.
RS: 31 vs BR's OA: 14 damage.
Save = 18 (Success)

Init 29 (Beginning of Round 10)
The Worg burns, courtesy of da Queen; but still chews on the trapmaster.
26 vs Taalgarnuk's AC: 8 damage and an ongoing 5
Save = 8 (Fail). Save = 14 (Success)

Don't Forget: Worg: Aura 3: Everyone within 3 sq of the Worg is -1 to attack (the Orcs are +1)

The remaining crossbow crew press the attack (even though they are on fire).
L7 Battle Axe: 30 vs Hound's AC: 15 Damage
R3 Throwing Axe vs Hound's AC: 11 Damage
Save = 5 (Fail).
Save = 19 (Success). Save = 5 (Miss)

Sensing the tide is turning, the half-orc drops his crossbow and (despite being on fire) pulls his two mighty axes. he then explodes in a whirlwind of fury!!
29 (37-Cool vs Mordax 's AC 11 Damage & knocked Prone
32 (40-Cool vs. Verity's AC: 16 Damage & knocked Prone
32 (40-Cool vs. Kersh's AC: 8 Damage & knocked Prone
Save = 12 (Success). Save = 7 (Miss)

DM EDIT: Disrupting shot penalty applied. All three still hit.

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses" - Page 8 Pq2h2w5J

DM EDIT: The L7 Orc is now dead (as per Davin's Immediate Interrupt on Init 29) ... but I'm not adjusting the map yet.

Onto Round 10!
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg: HP: 76/76 AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:17 Will:24 Healing Surges:11/11 AP:0

"Send dem ta da dep's o' Hells!"

Standard: Cast Mass Cure Light Wounds (All allies in close burst 5 regain HPs AS IF had spent a Healing Surge and add +13 to it) (+10 BoH +3 Cha Mod)

Move: Move Self to J-4, then cast spell
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 71/71; AC 22 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:17, Action Points=0
Hound: HP 50/105; AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 SV:26, Action Points=1

"Fulmineum"

Seeing the Half Orc begin to perfectly execute his wicked axes against half his party, Davin snaps off an arrow from his special stash, a Tanglefoot Arrow, hoping to disrupt the attack. Determined to make the strike cost the maximum price, Davin utters the arcane key that transforms his alchemaic arrow into an alchemaic lightning bolt!

Turning his attention to his closest enemy, the Ranger fires two quick shots. The first strikes true, piercing the Orcs shoulder, but the warrior dodges away from the second - only to place himself right in the path of Straegis' sword!

"Tyrol! Si Os eindral si shar, ci air odael sai os shadi!" ("Cousin! The Orc against the wall, he is open to your blade!")

Finally, Davin lowers his Greatbow, ready to take the Crossbow from Azzy.

"Azzy - be ready to hand me it...."

Round 8, Davin
Immediate Reaction - Disruptive Strike Half-Orc with a Tanglefoot Arrow (Immobilizes Target for one turn, and then slows Target for another)
Free Action - Arc Lightning

Round 9, Davin
Move - Maintain Hunting Party Stance
Minor – Designate L7 Orc as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Twin Strike L7 Orc

Disruptive Strike 1=32
Disruptive Strike Damage=10
Arc Lightning Damage=5

The Half-Orc is -8 to attack Mordax, Verity, and Kersh. The Worg, The Bloodrager, the Half-Orc, L7 Orc, and N6 Orc all take Arc Lightning Damage.

DM EDIT: All three of those attacks still hit (but I think you knew that & just wanted the extra damage?) The L7 Orc dies; the Bloodrager is now bloodied (the Worg, the half-Orc, and the N6 Orc already were).

Initiative=20
Twin Strike 1=22
Twin Strike 2=18
TS Damage 1=14
TS Damage 2=miss
HQ Damage=12

Davin will give Straegis his Hunting Party bonus this round (+2d8 damage vs. the L7 Orc).

With a feral growl, Hound pounces on the Half-Orc, smelling his life-blood in the air and determined to spill the last of it.

Round 9, Hound
Move - Shift to L7
Minor – Designate Half-Orc as Hunter's Quarry
Standard – Hunt's End Half-Orc
Free Action - Shift to M6 (Wolf Pack Tactics)

Initiative=19
Athletics=22
Hunt's End=29(Natch!)
HE Damage=29
HQ Damage=6

Hound is Bloodied, The Half-Orc is knocked Prone.

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 am

magicspellz12 wrote:Distracting Hydrology on the bloodrager near Verity. I'll be back on Sunday.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 am

The Witch-King wrote:HP:84/52 AC:31/29(bloodied) Fort:22 Ref:20 Will:18 Healing Surges:11/11 Action Points:1

Snarling with gleeful rage Mordax slam his hammer into the stone floor, sending a rippling wave through the cavern!

Standard: Gravity Hammer Daily, basic att close burst 3 (clockwise beginning w/ rager)1d20+12,1d20+12,1d20+12,1d20+12,1d20+12=[7, 12], [14, 12], [19, 12], [19, 12], [19, 12] (19, 26, 31, 31, 31)
Dmg: 1d10+6,1d10+6,1d10+6,1d10+6,1d10+6=[10, 6], [7, 6], [2, 6], [1, 6], [7, 6] (16, 13, 8, 7, 13)
Move: Stand up.
Hulking to his feet with a growl, Mordax bawls "Lang live tha' Emperor! Death tae' oor enemies! Bow tae' tha' Imperial Seal, ye' gits! Surrender or perish!"
Intimidate: 1d20+13=31

OOC: Weird, didn't tally the totals. Totals in parenthisis.

DM EDIT: Note: Only one damage roll is needed. Rolling multiple attack rolls was right on; but only one damage roll is needed.
Also, Intimidate is a standard action
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next