Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed"

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Alex wrote:Alex's eyes widen as he see's Katrina. He dashes forward; hopping from the wagon and sprinting across the sand to greet her as she makes her way up the beach. He has to concentrate to keep his shoulders from frosting over, and he waves at her from afar.

"Hail Katrina! How are you!" He shouts, beaming with a smile.

"Perhaps you'd like to join us for dinner; I'm sure you've got important things to do but surely they can wait? Do tell us of your adventures? Did you find anything useful?"
"Alex!! What are you doing here? I didn't expect you to actually meet me here, but I'm glad you did!"

"Of course, I can join you! I was just planning to catalog this stuff, but I can ask one of my assitants to do it!"

"Oh, it was wonderful! We found so many sunken ruins, just filled with relics of the past. I'll show you some of it, if you like. But what about you? Your story must be even more splendid! After all, you DID get promoted."


Looking Alex in the eye, and with a wide smile, she beams "I'm so glad you're here."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Halcyon

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 pm

"Great. Thanks alot pal."

Verity makes the exchange with the sailor. Then he drops of the trident and spear to Mordax and his pouches to Alex for enchantment with a couple "here you go"-s.
He then doubles back to the merchants to trade the bedroll and bow for extra ritual components, alchemical reagents and healing salves.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 pm

Verity wrote:Verity makes the exchange with the sailor ... then doubles back to the merchants to trade the bedroll and bow for extra ritual components.
Even up? That's 1360 gp worth of components and/or copying supplies.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 pm

Done copying Transfer Enchantment Straegis decides to get to work quickly. He already has all of the components he needs, so he clears himself a spot near the edge of the campsite and readies the axe and sword to get started. Straegis is nervous at his first attempt at any type of ritual but that doesn't last too long. His confidence grows exponentially as he continues on with the ritual "WOW!" he thinks to himself "This is the reward for spending all those years studying arcane arts...and they all said this was a waste of my time and energies." He is in awe as he literally feels the magics run thru his body, he flexes individual muscles and can actually notice the waves manipulate themselves around his body to find the shortest path thru him. Straegis is almost sad when the ritual is complete, he wants to feel that again. He stands up and takes the sword in his hand, swinging it around and jabbing fiercely. Impressed at his own handywork he wants to tell someone but he doesn't see Alex, and he knows none of his other friends would understand. "Davin!" he yells suddenly, "It's time, I need both of those bows. I'm going to give you the best of all worlds, I will imbue the lightning powers onto the greatbow you acquired." He takes the two bows and sets everything up to complete the ritual, this time he is ready and fully in control. When he is done he hands the greatbow to Davin "Tyrol, ren ila, ar emmile sel valiret!" (Cousin, your new, and much more deadly weapon!) After finishing with Davin's bow, Straegis will eat some of the fish for dinner and try to find out if anyone has located chain armor for him. He will suggest to the group that they trade their items and gold for ritual components.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:31 pm

O.O.C.: This should be what we have when Straegis is done, I think I got them right, lemme know if not.

  • Adamantine Longsword
    This glossy black weapon pierces the toughest shells.
    Lvl 8 +2 (3,400 gp)
    Weapon: Longsword
    Enhancement: +2 Attack rolls and Damage rolls
    Critical: +2d10 Damage
    Property: Untyped damage done with this weapon ignores 4 points of resistance.
    DM EDIT: Crit on this one is +2d10 (not +2d8).

  • +1 Lightning GreatBow
    This weapon crackles with dancing lightning.
    Lvl 5 +1 (1,000 gp???)
    Weapon: GreatBow
    Enhancement: +1 Attack rolls and Damage rolls
    Critical: +1d6 Lightning Damage per plus
    Power (At-Will: Lightning, "Fulgoris"): Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.
    Power (Daily: Arc Lightning, "Fulmineum"): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. The target and each enemy within 2 squares of the target take 1d6 lightning damage.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:32 pm

O.O.C.: If no chainmail can be located here now, Straegis will take the leather armor he has been carrying around and use Transfer Enchantment to move the properties from Cagoule to the Leather Armor. I figure time-wise including the armor transfer should put it between 9-10pm. Straegis will spend the next 8 hours copying Raise Dead to his own ritual book, then rest til breakfast.

DM EDIT: Transfer Enchantment takes an hour, so if you cast it twice then it's still only about 8 pm. Also, did you subtract 125 gp worth of materials for copying it? And then another 25 gp in arcane reagents each time it cast?

Lastly, no chain armor has been found (but nobody has asked the crew of Katrina's ship yet if they have any).
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:32 pm

"I will run over to the docks and see if they have a suit (of Chainmail), Straeg."

...and Davin does just that.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:32 pm

When Davin runs up on them, they are still hauling the recovered remnants of Umar up the beach (after several trips to and from the ship). When Davin asks, the first two guys say "Nope." and "Nothing that heavy, my friend."

But a third guy shouts, "Yeah! Yeah! I do. I brought it along not realizes how cumbersome it would be out at sea. I paid 40 for it, and I'd like to get close to that back if possible."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 pm

I pay the sailor and head back with the Chainmail for Straegis.

"Here you are, Tyrol."

After giving the Eladrin his suit of Chain, I check and see how the curing buck hide is doing. Then, I begin to clean the 18 point rack to mount on the front of the wagon.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Straegis asks Davin how much the armor cost him, and quickly tosses him the coins. In a moments time Straegis is ready again, he takes off the Cagoule and places it carefully at his side, then the chain armor on the other side. (Man he likes doing this, even tho he figures its not the most powerful magic he will ever use, he is beginning to gain a better understanding each time he uses it.) When the ritual is complete, he tries on the armor for the first time. It is HEAVY! He can already tell this will slow him down but he picks up his sword and starts practicing a few of his own basic attacks and parries. Suddenly he stops, "Uh oh?!?" he says out loud, then *poof, he disappears and immediately reappears on the other side of the campsite. "HA HA!!! It works just the same. I was worried about that for a minute." He thrashes around for a few more minutes then grabs another piece of fish and sits down to begin copying the Raise Dead ritual to his new book.

Move: Fey Step to the other side of campsite.

O.O.C.: Is this right???

Chainmail of Marjack* (Armor of Exploits)
Lvl 8 (3400)
Armor: Chainmail
Enhancement: +2 AC
Property: During a rest, store one at-will or encounter martial power (8th level or lower) that Myself or an Ally has, in armor.
Power (Daily): Standard Action: Use the power stored in your armor. If it is encounter power, you must spend AP to use.

*DM EDIT: It's not technically "of Marjack" because Marjack never owned this armor; but if you want to keep the name you can.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

The Witch King

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Belly full with a decent meal, Mordax quietly slips down to the beach and sits in the darkness, caressing the turtle figurine in silent contemplation.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:34 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Crap. I just deleted your post.
The Witch-King wrote:Crap. I just deleted your post. Crap!
Sorry, the damned quote and edit buttons are side by side. That sucks; there was quite a bit of writing. Embarassed
Sorry.
magicspellz12 wrote:YOU schmegging WILL BE!
OOC: I consolodated these posts now that everyone has read them. It sucks that this happened. It also sucks that nobody was able to retrieve it from their offline cache, cuz we would have been able to fix it.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Magicspellz

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 pm

OOC: Ok. I wrote quite a lot I'm just going to summarise it here.

Alex tells his tales to Katrina, after introducing the group to her. He punctuates his story with statues of the various beasts they have faced made from water. The dragons wings flap hazily, the troll snarls and swips its claws at the air, and the trebuchet falls to pieces.

He attempts to relive the battle with the dwarves the second time this way, but the image is too complex, with little mini water statues of everyone moving around too much for his mind to assimilate, and the whole thing collapses with a big splosh. Frost hugs his shoulders as he is both embarassed and angry. He flicks it off with a gesture.

He talks about his promotion as being from more luck than skill, and how he now journies with the group to the cave temple. He also discusses briefly his so far unfruitful attempts at common magic, and shares a deep secret fear that if 'the power' was to wane so significantly from his blood he would take that up. Althoguh at the moment it is pure scientific interest, and that his powers actually seem to be developing, rather than dissipating. He also shares the secret to Siqerods spell, and shows her the napkins detailing the basics of magic.

He asks Katrina what relics she found. "Anything significant?" And asks of her contacts with other Imilites. Throughout he stares constantly at the shifting of Katrina's light blonde hair and crystal ice eyes as he tells his story, and he seems rather angry at his failed attempts to showcase their significant battle; whereas normally he would be more resigned to his failure and vow to perfect it next time.

He also includes. "Battle is so scary Katrina, but, yes, it seems my powers are progressing quite surely. I don't know how you devote yourself to such arts, but it seems destiny is forcing me to. I'd much rather be in the library."

-----------
I want Katrina to be a Sorcerer! PLEASE!
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Alex wrote:Alex ... punctuates his story with statues of the various beasts they have faced made from water.
Katrina listens with wide-eyed wonder.

Alex wrote:He talks about his promotion as being from more luck than skill, and how he now journies with the group to the cave temple.
"Y'know, they say a man makes his own luck in this world. So whether it were by providence or proficiency, I'm sure you had something to do with it," she says with a wink.

Alex wrote:He also shares the secret to Siqerods spell, and shows her the napkins detailing the basics of magic.
Studying it momentarily, she says "How strange. This mage was a normal wizard? But these mechanics seems like the magic you use Alex. Does this spell transverse the usual boundry between elemental magic and common magic?"

Alex wrote:He asks Katrina what relics she found. "Anything significant?"
"Oh, tons of stuff! Like this Aqueas Templar!" Alex sees that she is wearing one just like the one given to Verity. As he looks at it, it flashes the same mysterious blue-white light the other one did on occassion. "That's the second time that happened! I wonder why it does that?"

"Oh, and we found this ring!"
she says, holding up a gold band studded with Aquamarine chips. "Actually, we found two of them. Mo has the other one."

"And we found a bunch of statuettes, and pottery, a couple of orbs, some goggles, some bracers, silverware, jewelry ... just all kinds of stuff! But we've yet to examine it all. Mo is working on that right now. Normally, I'd be helping him, but I wanted to catch up with you."


Alex wrote:Throughout he stares constantly at the shifting of Katrina's light blonde hair and crystal ice eyes as he tells his story, and he seems rather angry
As Alex broods, contemplating his failed battle reconstruction, 'Trina silently watches him.

Alex wrote:"Battle is so scary Katrina, but, yes, it seems my powers are progressing quite surely. I don't know how you devote yourself to such arts, but it seems destiny is forcing me to. I'd much rather be in the library."
"Scary?" She laughs. "Scary?" She laughs. "That what I like about you Alex. You're so open about your feelings; unlike any other guy I know."

Magicspellz12 wrote:I want Katrina to be a Sorcerer! PLEASE!
You mean Warlock?
Or the Sorceror Class that's not out yet?
.

"So, you and your companions are sleeping out here? On the beach? I usually do, too. Or on the deck of the ship. ... but tonight, I think I'm going to find some quiet place away from everyone. Y'know, some place where I can get some privacy."

"Did you say piracy?" Dolenz says, as he walks by.
Tork adds "No, I think she said Pie Cafe."

"No, not ... What?! Pie Cafe? No, PRIVACY!"
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 pm

"Well met, Katrina of Imil. It is good to finally put a name to a face - Alex spoke highly of you."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Halcyon

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Bartering finally done, the knight heaves a exhale of relief. Verity moseys over to the conversation between Katrina and Alex. He explains how Alex was instrumental in the altercations with the Dragon and the Trebuchet, and how Alex felled the dread hag Mika.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Davin wrote:"Well met, Katrina of Imil. It is good to finally put a name to a face - Alex spoke highly of you."
"Did he? That's nice to know," she smiles.

Verity wrote:He explains how Alex was instrumental in the altercations with the Dragon and the Trebuchet, and how Alex felled the dread hag Mika.
"Alex! Library, indeed? Don't be so modest. From now on, I'm calling you Alex the Maelstrom!"
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Magicspellz

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

No! I meant pure SORCERER. The content will be released in about 13 days, and all the stuff not long after that!

----------------------

Alex's cheeks glow when she says 'Thats what I like about you..." And it them quite some time to pale again.

"You could stay in the bottom floor of the spire. There are books there but you could create a small heat orb, or even a fire. Allow me to accompany you to your new destination, you must be weary. I myself am sleeping in the back of the wagon. Although I love hearing the water lapping at the shore, and the moiture in the air tantalises all the senses-including the magic ones. That damnned sand is a terror to me."

Alex leaves with Katrina, now moved on to magical principa?ls. "Its the same, but different. Did you know a common mage generally melds his magic just to the principle of 'cold' and then the ice comes as a sort of by product, where, when we're damaging enemies, its making the ice or steam first that will then be used to make something cold. Interesting, isn't it? You see, the problem is possibly one of instinct. If I must make fire, I'd have two twigs. Or just items." He produces two twigs from the floor in one hand. "And I would accelerate the molecules of water in either two ways. either just send them spinning around the twigs end so fast that it smokes and will make fire. Or, by using the water around the sticks to control their movement and cause THEM to create fire. With magic, the fire just appears! Now, firebenders are special, because their fires have no fuel. They create and then bend their own element without fuel. A wizard requires no proper fuel, say, wood, because he just uses up raw magic energy instead. Interesting though? I've been attempting to create fire secretly since Siqerod told me, but I've not managed it yet. I'm slightly disappointed as he said it was one of the more common forms of breakthoughs. He did say it was linked with anger, and I've not had any of that yet to use. And he also said it took months for breakthroughs to be made by their novices. Sorry, I'm rambling. Well, it seems we've been standing by the spire for quite some time now. Shal you be staying here?"
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Alex wrote:"You could stay in the bottom floor of the spire ...I myself am sleeping in the back of the wagon."
"Oh. Ok."

Alex wrote:I love ... lapping at the shore ... moisture ... tantalizes all the senses"
"Uh-huh."

Alex wrote:"say, wood"
"Wood, you say?"

Alex wrote:"standing by the spire for quite some time now."
"I noticed," she smiles.

Alex wrote:"Shal you be staying here?"
"Perhaps. You?" she says with a coy look, and smiles again as she looks up into Alex's eyes.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Magicspellz

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Alex wrote:"Shal you be staying here?"
"Perhaps. You?" she says with a coy look, and smiles again as she looks up into Alex's eyes.

Oh! This is the invitation Alex has been waiting for -pining for-, ever since he left Imil, and even before then.

Katrina and he were often paired in warrior skills classes, due to their superior strength. In that respect Alex was slightly stronger, but her far greater skill resulted in him winning only a few bouts against her, and even rarer a full set of duals. He was however, more proficient in the classroom and she often sought his advice in that area.

Regarding their relationship they were always just friends, although close ones. During Alex's last few years, when day dreaming or thinking of the future, Katrina was always the one whom he imagined next to him. He felt he had hidden his attractions well, but always that when they talked, sometimes they would look other in the eye a little too long, or a little too much. Perhaps he looked at peoples eyes when he talked to them anyway, but with her he always noticed it. After that, his concentration would be split, one half of his mind dreaming of embracing her, the other half keeping up with the conversation.

Yet now she seemed to be acting oddly. So happily pleased to be with him, but in such a new and different context as unimaginable to young shoclary Alex as any other Imilite. Having just returned from a voyage it would indeed be nice to spend the night with his friend, but was Katrina hinting at more than that? Suddenly Alex is sent back to the days when talking to her his mind would be split as it is now. Oh wait, my mind is not split. I'm here entirely. And I haven't said anything for a long time!

Alex's eyes have glazed over in thought. He suddenly shakes his head and stammers.
"I-erm...wha?" He shakes his head. Right. Lets at least be honest, she just wants to talk some more, but she hasn't been responding *that* much. More listening if anything, its quite unlike her. "Katrina are you feeling well? You seem a little, er, distracted this evening? Probably tired from all that work. I'm pretty tired too. I've been working on rituals all afternoon. Sending, so I can keep in contact more easily with everyone. Including you!" His eyes light up. She is staring at him Yes. We definately look into each others eyes too much...or do we?. He looks up at the spire.

"I suppose I could stay a while longer. It has been a while seen we've seen each other. So, what do you wish to discuss?" He opens the door for her.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Halcyon

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 pm

After talking Alex up to Katrina Verity offers, "We should speak more later about the treasures you've recovered from the deep." He chuckles. "For the time I am weary of commerce, but if you are so inclined, then later I'd like to discuss a possible exchange. It was a great pleasure to meet you Katrina, I must say you live up to all the stories Alex has told of you. Alex, treat her like the lady she is. You two be good." He leaves, smirking.

He does not disturbStraegis as he passes, seeing the Eladrin deep in concentration.

The knight takes Mordax's earlier place on the beach to scrub his armour, a task he carries out meticulously.

After that he runs Zephyr up and down the beach, and a bit around the town. Once they've both had a good workout, he steers the horse into the surf. They cut effortlessly through the waves, and Verity is reminded of the Templar's power. He tests the cloak to see if both he and the warhorse can breathe underwater. After, he dismounts with a splash, much pleased to find himself swimming at remarkable speed, and while fully armored.

Much invigorated by the brisk water, he returns to the beach. He rinses his armor, saddle and tack with fresh water and lays them to dry. After he gives Zephyr a good brushing.

"This may be the best fish I've ever had," he tells Mordax as he wolfs down the soldier's catch of the day. "Fine spot for a camp, Davin. Better than we're likely to enjoy for many days hence." He settles back, to munch some more fish, the breeze a gentle balm.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 pm

Verity wrote:"It was a great pleasure to meet you Katrina, I must say you live up to all the stories Alex has told of you. Alex, treat her like the lady she is. You two be good." He leaves, smirking.
"You too! Bye!"

Verity wrote:"This may be the best fish I've ever had," he tells Mordax as he wolfs down the soldier's catch of the day. "Fine spot for a camp, Davin. Better than we're likely to enjoy for many days hence." He settles back, to munch some more fish, the breeze a gentle balm.

...
...

Alex wrote:"I-erm...wha?" He shakes his head. "Katrina are you feeling well? You seem a little, er, distracted this evening? Probably tired from all that work."
"Wha? Distracted? No, no ... I'm just. Oh, nvermind. What were you saying?"

Alex wrote:"I'm pretty tired too. I've been working on rituals all afternoon. Sending, so I can keep in contact more easily with everyone ..."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't meant to keep you up."

Alex wrote:"... Including you! I suppose I could stay a while longer. It has been a while seen we've seen each other. So, what do you wish to discuss?"
"Oh, nothing specific. Have you been in here yet? This is where we keep all the books I recovered from the Umar ruins. Quite a few, huh?"

Walking across the room, she opens a large chest situated on the other side and pulls out a large white bear skin run (cedar chips fall away as she pulls out, apparently used to keep it dry and smelling fresh). She tosses it to the middle of floor and steps over to it.

As her hands move to the belts holding her robe cinched, she says "Turn around. I'm going to change."

Of course Alex does so, and then gets an eyefull in the large mirror behind him, despite the dim light; even the most chivalrous of gentlemen couldn't've turned away fast enough.

"Okay." she says. When Alex turns back, she has a sleeping gown on, and two glasses of wine. Kneeling to the rug, she says "Come. Sit. Tell me more about the big city! Did you meet a ladyfriend out there?"
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:39 pm

At some point in the evening, I find Tanner in the Jaru settlement.

"Mr. Tanner - I have some good leather curing, and it should be ready for you tomorrow. My friends and I will be leaving in two days, can you finish the barding by then?"


I offer Hound to the craftsman for measurement, and make a special request for the armour.

"Can you include a metal hoop, attached to the torso of the armour, so that Hound can be hauled up high climbs?"


My business finished with the tanner, I wander back to our camp.

Chuckling, I say, "Seems our friend Alex has found a better pillow to rest his head on this night - two in fact!"

I walk over to by the fire, taking a helping of Mordax's fish fry.

Halcyon wrote:"Fine spot for a camp, Davin. Better than we're likely to enjoy for many days hence." He settles back, to munch some more fish, the breeze a gentle balm.

Mouth full of fish, I nod in agreement with Verity.

"I have never trekked far into the underdark before, but I do know much of it's dangers, and they are legion."

I add another driftwood log and begin to poke at the fire with my firestick lost in thought.

"You know what we need? How about a little taste of Brackwater?"

"MORDAX!" I shout down the beach, motioning the veteran to come back to camp.

I begin to rummage in the wagon, pulling out the barrel of the Stewbowl's finest ale and crack it open, filling my tin mug.

When the warrior returns, I say "I thought you might like something to wash down that fine fish you fried up."

"Mordax, Verity - I know Straegis and Alex are going to be copying rituals all day tomorrow, but, I was planning on getting up early and going on a hunt. I saw wild boar spoor earlier while tracking the deer. I thought I would try to find it in the morning. Would you guys like to come?"

After eating, I feed and take care of the horses, and give them their martial training (Nature 28). Then I chill back at the fire, keeping it going as long as anyone's awake, tipping my mug.

"Hey Mordax...you should sing us a song."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Davin wrote:At some point in the evening, I find Tanner in the Jaru settlement. "Mr. Tanner - I have some good leather curing, and it should be ready for you tomorrow. My friends and I will be leaving in two days, can you finish the barding by then?"

I offer Hound to the craftsman for measurement, and make a special request for the armour. "Can you include a metal hoop, attached to the torso of the armour, so that Hound can be hauled up high climbs?"
"A metal hoop? Ahoy! yeah. Actually, that gives me some ideas. Do you mind if I include a few extra utilities?"

By the time Davin has the keg open, Hound comes bounding back; no barding yet, but he has apparently been measured.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Magicspellz

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Alex's eyes widen at the lucious beauty of the changing Katrina, although he could giggle at the tanned face and neck in comparison to the pale smooth skin of the rest of her entire body -sequestered beneath robes at all times. But, then a thought flashes through his mind, interrupting the familiar stirring usually invoked when thoughts of such a wonderful moment have clouded his mind from concentration in the past.

He turns around when she is ready, and his heart pumps fast at the sight before him. "Katrina- I...erm..." He narrows his eyes. "Show me some waterbending. Anything." He kneels down onto the rug and takes a glass from her dominant hand -careful not to let the soles of his boots touch the pure white rug- and then forms a tiny disc of blood red ice with a tiny amount of the wine. "Smash this." He says, sending it to float above the floor a few feet away from their rug.

-----------------------------
As long as she can smash the bead using waterbending, Alex will continue. If not...well I'll respond when you tell me. If she refuses at first, he'll just request again. "Please, smash the disc with magic. I beg of you."

Alex is scared that Katrina is actually Morgan, come to bend his heart to her own devices. I'm a little doubtful that that is the case, but this test *should* prove that she is indeed, sexy Katrina.

-----------------------------

Seeing the shattered remnants of his red disc on the floor Alex's eyes widen. He smiles, but suddenly realises what this means! Katrina desires *ME*. His hands shake as he brings his wine to his lips. Taking a few gulps he smiles at the taste. He smiles at Katrina and whispers.

"I...erm...I- I've always liked you." And leans in for a kiss.

-----------------------------

Awaking in the middle of the night, naked as the day he was born and with Katrina's head resting on his pale chest, Alex gently moves her head so he can get up. Noticing the dark, he takes water from the air and spins it into a tiny blue globe light, although he notices is quite hard to extract the moisture- odd, considering their coastal loale, but as his light illuminates the room his eyes widen in shock and understanding blooms.

It seems that after their passionate lovemaking their magic decided to create something beautiful. Alex's new water flask lies open and covered with a thin layer of frost, and surrounding the white rug is a garden of crystal roses. The thin and delicate ice structures glistening in his blue glow.

He steps over the roses, both to avoid shattering the beauty and the sounds that would obviously awaken his love. He steps over to his clothes, and pulls on his trousers and his cloak, and leaves the room to ascend the tower where the signal fire burns. His cloak shifts in the wind as he gazes out to the ocean shining under the moon.

I wonder how this changes things. I don't want to leave Katrina, but I can't leave my friends...but...could Katrina come with us? I know she is competant, but I'd prefer to have her safely ensconced in Imil -thats silly, she is a better warrior than I. But she does have research to finish. Ugh. What will happen now...

"Leaving so soon?" Katrina appears at the ladder to the top of the spire, wearing nothing but his own torn jerkin, she appears neither cold nor shamed as the tears hint at the pale feminine glory beneath; and she has no reason to be. For she is beauty in its purest form. Alex admires her delicate facial structure, rare (for Imil) golden hair and blue eyes glowing in the light of the blazing beacon. As she tucks a loose strand of her golden hair behind a slightly tapered ear, Alex thinks back to his lamenting over the lovely elven princess, and his jealousy of Davin. I was blinded for a moment, but I see clearly now.

Alex's loving gaze falls upon her scantily clad form. And he smiles. "I couldn't sleep."

"Oh, I've got something that will help with that."

Her graceful fingertips brush his, and they kiss on the spiretop.

I feel so different now.

"Well you'll have to show it me then." Alex replies, but they spend a while staring at the gentle ocean, her boat tilting on the waves far out at sea.

Katrina finally yawns and says "I'm cold" as she turns and goes down the ladder. Alex nods as he recognises the lie- both of them can manipulate and heat water enough to make themselves comfortable in most climes, and the signal beacon burns brightly behind them- but immediately follows her.

As he descend the ladder, he looks at the heart of the signal fire. Recognising something there, he narrows his eyes and extends his will. The flames burst up in the air, and he shields his eyes with his hand. Lowering a shaking arm.

That wasn't common magic...was it? Was that...pyromancy?

----------------------------

Alex awakes once more, the garden of roses still complete in its beauty. He awakes and kisses Katrina. "What will we do today, my love? I have to study some rituals...and it is quite important...but..."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum