Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed"

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halcyon

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Verity approaches the merchant stall.
"Good day to you. My friends and I are preparing for a journey overland. It promises to be both long and treacherous. Have you the sort of goods we might equip with and if not, who would? Know too that we have both coin and barter."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:56 pm

I carry the goods over to the Knight.

"Alright Verity, this is what we have to trade with or sell - the Longsword of Terror, the Bow of Ator, and the Restful Bedroll."


Then I turn to the proprietors.

"Excuse me Sir, Ma'am - do you have a Greatbow for sale?"[center]
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Davin wrote:I look at the wares from the wagon while gathering our items we mean to sell.
As Davin gets stuff together, half the party wander over there without him.

Mordax wrote:Distracted, Mordax can't help but peruse the goods for materials suitable for a net (such as silk clothing, a certain rarity in the Malbolg). Also, he's curiously attracted to figurines of any sort, whether they be finely crafted ivory maidens or crudely constructed wooden horses.
Mordax instictively wanders over to the stall with silk and figurines, quickly becomeing entranced by their details.

Verity wrote:Verity approaches the merchant stall.
"Good day to you. My friends and I are preparing for a journey overland. It promises to be both long and treacherous. Have you the sort of goods we might equip with and if not, who would? Know too that we have both coin and barter."
"How far are ya going, young man?"
"And what type of goods might you be looking for?"

Swifthand wrote:I carry the goods over to the Knight.
"Alright Verity, this is what we have to trade with or sell - the Longsword of Terror, the Bow of Ator, and the Restful Bedroll."


Then I turn to the proprietors. "Excuse me Sir, Ma'am - do you have a Greatbow for sale?"
"Erm, a great bow? No sir. Check with Cap'n Anne. She might have one."
"But, did you have a magic bedroll? I might be interested in something like that ... I'll give you 220 gold for the whole bit."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Malazek wrote:"Erm, a great bow? No sir. Check with Cap'n Anne. She might have one."
"Thank you. Where can I find this Captain?"

Malazek wrote:"But, did you have a magic bedroll? I might be interested in something like that ... I'll give you 220 gold for the whole bit."

I hand the gear to Verity.

"You will have to extend that offer to the Deathknight, my friend."

I jump on the wagon and head off in the direction the vendor says.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Davin wrote:"Thank you. Where can I find this Captain?" I jump on the wagon head off in the direction the vendor says.
"Oh, she'll either be on the docks or at the Inn."

Davin heads past the spire and over to the Inn, where he immediately spots a Captian-esk women on the docks. Looking back over his shoulder, he can still see the entire party. Man, this place is small.

Quickly, he heads over to the docks. As he pulls up, 'sailors' surround the wagon.
"Hold it thar, bucko. What business do you have here?"
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:59 pm

"Whoa girl."

The wagon rolls to a stop.

"I have business with Captain Anne. I was told she could sell me a Greatbow."

-Swift
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Davin wrote:"I have business with Captain Anne. I was told she could sell me a Greatbow."
"A great bow? Oh, why didn't you say so. No need t' bother t' cap'n. I'll go and get one for ya. 60 gold, by t' way."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:00 pm

"60 gold seems a little steep."

Diplomacy check=11
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Davin wrote:"60 gold seems a little steep."
"Hmm, hmm. Is it? Well, I guess men who can use such a weapon be rare, so I'll give you a fair price. 30 then.

He runs off to the docks, and joins the captain by some crates. Pointing back at you, he discusses it with Anne. Laughing, he yells "But you get t' shoddy pink one!"

When he comes back, he has a beautiful natural wood Great Bow.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:01 pm

I take the finely crafted Greatbow with a smile and give him 30 gold.

"Thank you."

"HYAA"
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Davin rejoins the party before Verity is done haggling.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

The Witch King

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Mordax chooses enough of the finest silk to make a full-sized net (quite a bit of fabric), as many wicked steel fishhooks (for very large game) as they have, and a small turquoise sea turtle.

Oblivious to any impressions, he says "How much fer' tha' bloomers an' tha' pet rock?"
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:02 pm

I turn back to Straegis and hand him the Greatbow.

"Ai shyr shi cadia sai caer shor si vorer, Tyrol. Ai cali jhostoraer aezaesoli, sher Ai cali eidaer o eil Eilaes shaerysi." ("I would be happy to help with the rituals, Cousin. I have limited experience, but I have aided you and Alex before.")
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Magicspellz

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Alex hails the other two Aquamancers, a little disappointed that this relatively unproffessional crew are seekers.

"Yes. Katrina is returning. She said she had found something. What are you doing here?" Just lounging around while you should be searching for answers to the plaque that destroys our ways.

Alex chats for a whlie, asking a few questions. Presumably they'll ask him what he is doing here too.

"Fate seems to have brought me here. I searched the Malbog, but could find nothing. I left and went to an Inn. Preparing to return home -but with no money. I took a contract offered by a woman named Agatha who wanted us to go into the Malbog to take care of some things. Thats where I met Davin, a ranger, and some others, but they're gone now. We went into the Malbog to deal with various things and I found an old amulet -Aqueous Templar- in a pool of disturbingly clear water. Along with some other relics.
I also met a Lizardman tribe who had met an ancient waterbender, a relative of mine. Who came from a nearby city that was destroyed. We returned to the village that we had met in outside the Malbog, and one of my friends got into some trouble. We went back to the Lizardmen and Master Jenna had come to identify my findings by then. We also found Viktor, who was previously in the Imperial City- his research inconclusive."

He takes a breath, and sits down on the floor -this is quite a long story- "I had to travel to the Imperial City with my friends; they were in trouble. Jenna stayed with the Lizardmen to do research on some relics they had, and the ones I had found.
In the city I found Earthbenders- dwarves! But they were plotting to capture it, and they knew I was friends with someone they wanted. We avoided their plot but we became involved with the military. We helped repel the attack though! Then we left to come here. You see, the dwarves are capturing and destroying Nexus's -points of Ley lines crossing; where magic is stronger- that don't belong to them. We are going into the Cave Temple to deal with one of theirs."

---------------------------

Presumably they will ask about the eyepatch.

"Oh this? Smart isn't it? It's an old artifact -found it on a dwarf rockbender- very useful for ranged combat. And it lets me see in the dark!" He looks over his shoulder, aware that he will be giving it to Davin when it gets happier. "The aqueous templar is more powerful. But it wasn't that much use to me. My defender Verity is wearing it currently. I think its more use for a battlemage; but it seems I'm becoming one anyway."

-------------------------

Alex will also ask:

If they have any spare clothes from Imil. His jerkin was ruined in the battle by the second trebuchet.

If any of them have the sending ritual, and if he could copy it (in exchange for a ritual from Etolic Myth's if they wish.) "I actually had one in this book. But i had to tear it out and use it for an emergency"

Where they are staying.

Anything they know about the Spire.

If they have any sigil sequences for teleportation circles other than Jaru and Imil.

Alex will then excuse himself and rejoin the party, telling them to come find him as soon as Katrina arrives.

-------------------------

Joining in on the party shopping. Alex looks for blue material for a new jerkin (and a tailor if there is one) if the Imilites cannot supply him with one.

He also looks for a few new waterskins -paranoid he's going to run out of water- and looks also for large glass flasks and containers. He'll spend quite a lot of money filling the back of the wagon with various water recepticles -some empty, some brimming with water. Aiming to spend around 50gp.

He also looks for a copy of the sending ritual should the aquamancers not have it.

When the party is done shopping he announces.

"I hope to stay here until Katrina arrives, but if its going to be too long then I guess I'll just have to miss her. I'd like to learn Enchantment Transferral -for Davin's bow and Straegis's armour- Raise Dead -just in case- and Enchant Magic item -to craft Mordax a new trident- I would also like to copy out Sending, and possibly a teleportation spell if I have time.
If that is going to take too long. We do actually have two copies of Enchant Magic Item ritual, we could tear one up to make Mordax his weapon. One of us will need at least 8 hours to learn Transfer Enchantment though as we need to use it twice. While one of us does that the other can copy Raise Dead -just for safety. That should take us to evening. I'd then suggest Linked Portal and Sending -if we have time [and he has managed to get a copy of sending]. That will probably take us to about midday tomorrow afternoon. If Katrina isn't here then, then I'll understand and we can be on our way."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:04 pm

Mordax wrote:Mordax chooses enough of the finest silk to make a full-sized net (quite a bit of fabric), as many wicked steel fishhooks (for very large game) as they have, and a small turquoise sea turtle.

Oblivious to any impressions, he says "How much fer' tha' bloomers an' tha' pet rock?"
"Erm, 40 gold for the silk; 2 gold for each of those large hooks (so, about 40); and you can have the pet for free, if you promise to take good care of him."

Alex wrote:"Yes. Katrina is returning. She said she had found something. What are you doing here?"
"Oh, we're just here to assist 'Trina and help the with odd jobs around the settlement. What are you doing here? We heard you're 'Trina's boss now."

Alex wrote:"Fate seems to have brought me here. ... in a pool of disturbingly clear water. Along with some other relics."
"Disturbingly clear, you say? That's unusual for water, isn't it?" They all chuckle.

Alex wrote:"I also met a Lizardman tribe ... We also found Viktor, who was previously in the Imperial City- his research inconclusive."
"Oh yeah, we heard he was sent to your old post, so that you could go clean up his mess."

Alex wrote:"the dwarves are capturing and destroying Nexus's -... We are going into the Cave Temple to deal with one of theirs."
"Sounds dangerous."
"Yeah, good luck with that."
"By the way, what's with the eyepatch? Not that it isn't stylish an all."
"True, true. I bet everyone will be wearing them this summer."
"Yeah, yeah."

Alex wrote:"Oh this? Smart isn't it? It's an old artifact -found it on a dwarf rockbender- .... I think its more use for a battlemage; but it seems I'm becoming one anyway."
OOC: You can tell these guys whatever you want, of course; but just to be clear, the Eyepatch was found on a Bolter, not on a Rockbender (specifically, it was found on the one I referred to as "The Bolter with an Eyepatch".

Alex wrote:Alex will also ask: If they have any spare clothes from Imil. His jerkin was ruined in the battle by the second trebuchet.
"Sure, sure. Here take mine. I was feeling a bit warm, anyway.'

Alex wrote:Alex will also ask: If any of them have the sending ritual
"No, not I."
"Me either."
"Trina should have one. Ask her when she gets back."
"They might have one in the Spire."

Alex wrote:Alex will also ask: Where they are staying.
"At the Inn."
"Yeah, but it's more of a hostel, really."
"You think?"
"Yeah, sorta."
"Hmm. I guess you're right."

Alex wrote:Alex will also ask: Anything they know about the Spire.
"Oh, it's rather keen. Most of it's been destroyed, of course, but it's still quite useful as a lighthouse."
"Oh, and the view! It's very illuminating."
"Oh, I see what you did there!"
"Huh? Oh, me too! Nice one!"

Alex wrote:Alex will also ask: If they have any sigil sequences for teleportation circles other than Jaru and Imil.
"Nope."

Alex wrote:He also looks for a few new waterskins -paranoid he's going to run out of water- and looks also for large glass flasks and containers. He'll spend quite a lot of money filling the back of the wagon with various water recepticles -some empty, some brimming with water. Aiming to spend around 50gp.
The merchants have quite the assortment of water vessels. Waterskins are 2 gold; Flasks and jars range from 6 coppers to 6 gold, depending on the size and decor.

Alex wrote:He also looks for a copy of the sending ritual should the aquamancers not have it.
These merchants do not have rituals, but they do have the components for them.

Alex wrote:"I hope to stay here until Katrina arrives ... I'd like to learn Enchantment Transferral ... Raise Dead ... Enchant Magic item ... Sending, ... Linked Portal.

If that is going to take too long. ... 8 hours to learn Transfer Enchantment ... the other can copy Raise Dead. That should take us to evening. I'd then suggest Linked Portal and Sending ... That will probably take us to about midday tomorrow afternoon."
That sounds about right.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:04 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"I hope to stay here until Katrina arrives, but if its going to be too long then I guess I'll just have to miss her. I'd like to learn Enchantment Transferral -for Davin's bow and Straegis's armour- Raise Dead -just in case- and Enchant Magic item -to craft Mordax a new trident- I would also like to copy out Sending, and possibly a teleportation spell if I have time.
If that is going to take too long. We do actually have two copies of Enchant Magic Item ritual, we could tear one up to make Mordax his weapon. One of us will need at least 8 hours to learn Transfer Enchantment though as we need to use it twice. While one of us does that the other can copy Raise Dead -just for safety. That should take us to evening. I'd then suggest Linked Portal and Sending -if we have time [and he has managed to get a copy of sending]. That will probably take us to about midday tomorrow afternoon. If Katrina isn't here then, then I'll understand and we can be on our way."

"That sounds perfect. I would say we can stay here until the morning of the third day, but no more. If Katrina does not return by then, we should go."

Davin takes a deep breath in, and lets it out slowly, a smile on his face.

"It is fine weather, and I love the smell of the fresh sea air. You guys want to set up a camp instead of getting a room at the local 'hostel'? We have plenty of gear and we could just set it up in one of these ruins or on the beach! And you two would have privacy to learn your rituals..."

"I'm gonna go check it out! Cyl!"

Davin and Hound jog off to the beach to find the perfect spot to camp (Passive Nature 28).
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Davin wrote:"I'm gonna go check it out! Cyl!" Davin and Hound jog off to the beach to find the perfect spot to camp (Passive Nature 28).
Davin finds the perfect spot. It's slightly higher than the beach, meaning it will probably stay dry; and he thinks it's over the top of a buried stone slab, meaning there will be fewer bugs to deal with. Furthermore, it's soft and sandy, and shaded by a nearby palm tree, for comfort. This spot should do. The only draw back is that it's upwind from the settlement, but since it's not in the wild, that shouldn't matter much.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Halcyon

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:05 pm

Merchant wrote:"How far are ya going, young man?"
"And what type of goods might you be looking for?"

We've got food for two weeks but a bit extra may be prudent. We'll need to travel some at night illumination of some sort would be good. Any arcane items that will lighten our load or help us against bandits and the like will be most appreciated.
"As for offering 220 for the whole bit; well, you'd leave us paupers for this fine trove. I'm sure you understand that we'll try to find a better offer elsewhere, unless you'd like to reconsider."

"Whats that? oh, of course. If anyone in town is in possesion of chainmail, war-dog barding, ritual components, or healing salves, we have the coin. Even if someone has armour not on the market, tucked in a chest unused, surely Emperors would benefit them more than cumbersome mail.
"As for the barding, if it's not to be found, is there a tanner in town? I don't imagine it would take more than a day or two to outfit hound with some protection."


Diplomacy: 28

OOC: Items in red said after consulting with Straegis and Davin (next two posts).
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:08 pm

"Alex, if you copy Transfer Enchantment first, I will copy Linked Portal. If your next priority is Raise Dead I'll spend that time on Cure Disease. If we have time to copy a third ritual each I will probably learn Knock. We would have 6 rituals between us that we could copy while we travel." Turning to Verity he mumbles "We could use some more components, and some healing salves if they have any. If that's all they are offering for our goods perhaps we should find another merchant? Can you at least see if they can point us to someone who might sell armors?"

Diplomacy(assist): 1d20=18+4(half-lvl)=22
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Swifthand

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Hound and I jog back to the wagon.

"Yes - armours or barding. We could use some climbing gear for each of us as well."

"I found a perfect spot. I am going to go set up camp."

"HYAA Girls!"


I pull the wagon down to the spot on the beach. Then I pull out the tent, and make a windbreak/half-tent strung between a corner of the wagon and a palm tree. That done, I go and gather large and medium rocks to make a firepit with, looking out for some good sized one's to place around it for seats. After gathering driftwood, Hound and I take a long pull of fresh water from our barrels.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

The Witch King

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax chooses enough of the finest silk to make a full-sized net (quite a bit of fabric), as many wicked steel fishhooks (for very large game) as they have, and a small turquoise sea turtle.

Oblivious to any impressions, he says "How much fer' tha' bloomers an' tha' pet rock?"
"Erm, 40 gold for the silk; 2 gold for each of those large hooks (so, about 40); and you can have the pet for free, if you promise to take good care of him."

Raising an eyebrow, Mordax hands over 80 gps and hauls the goods to the beach. Stripping down to his loincloth, he bathes in the soothing water and then attends to his armor. Piece by piece, he scours the metal pieces with dry sand and lays out the leather to sit in the sun.

Once finished, he cuts the silk garments into strips, which he coils and knots. Soon enough, the rough shape of a net becomes evident. While weaving the strands together to make the final shape, he inserts the wicked barbs at seemingly random intervals.

The small turtle he sets beside him, glancing at it from time to time.

Once the net is complete (should take a few hours) Mordax returns to the surf, and begins casting the net to season the fibers in the saltwater. Fish for dinner isn't bad either.

Athletics (fishing) 1d20+11=23, 1d20+11=30, 1d20+11=20, 1d20+11=21
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Magicspellz

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:11 pm

Alex maintains a sober expression during his pitiful exchange with the aquamancers. Disturbed by their light heartedness, he bids them good day and leaves. Scowling as he does so, stuffing his new jerkin into his pack.

"I wouldn't mind setting up camp rather than staying at the hostel. I do hope Katrina returns soon. They told me to check the spire to see if they have a copy of the sending ritual. I'll also look for any alchemical formula they have there."

Alex hurries off after doing his business with the market stalls (buying two wooden flasks for 4gp each, one with guls and shells etched upon it, the other with vines and leaves. A set of 5 glass flasks and 6 waterskins. He fills a few with water from the air and puts the whole collection in the back of the wagon, after stuffing one of the wooden flasks onto his belt) and heads towards the spire.

He looks for an entrance to the spire, and knocks on the door before attempting to open it. If no one is inside, he'll have a bit of an explore. "Hello? I'm looking to buy some rituals? Anyone?"

----------
Alex spent 15gp!

If he finds someone he wants to copy the sending ritual as soon as possible! He's desperate and won't really bother to haggle as long as its not crazy.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:12 pm

Alex wrote:He looks for an entrance to the spire, and knocks on the door before attempting to open it. If no one is inside, he'll have a bit of an explore. "Hello? I'm looking to buy some rituals? Anyone?"

... wants to copy the sending ritual as soon as possible! He's desperate and won't really bother to haggle
Nobody is in the Spire, but the door is unlocked. Inside, Alex finds a small Arcane Library, geared especially toward Hydrology. Most of the books are damaged; stains and mildew standing testament to the watery grave they were rescued from. Though the selection is small, it is both rare and useful.

OOC: An hour of searhcing (plus Perception and Arcana checks) are needed to locate particuliar rituals, but Alex can make both rolls by taking 10. All of the rituals in the PHB are here, provided he has the time and materials to make a copy (the exotic inks, special papers, and rare quills cost about the same as buying a ritual, anyway).
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Mordax wrote:Once the net is complete (should take a few hours) Mordax returns to the surf, and begins casting the net to season the fibers in the saltwater. Fish for dinner isn't bad either.

Athletics (fishing) 1d20+11=23, 1d20+11=30, 1d20+11=20, 1d20+11=21
Mordax hauls in a few netfulls of mullets. Most of the fish are small, but edible; but there are few monster mullets in there, too (five of them are close to 3 pounds). There's also a few crabs mixed in there.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Malazek

Post  Halcyon on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Verity wrote:"We've got food for two weeks but a bit extra may be prudent. We'll need to travel some at night illumination of some sort would be good. Any arcane items that will lighten our load or help us against bandits and the like will be most appreciated."
"Food, huh? Well, we've got fried muskrat on a stick; it stays good for a few days. Some salted fish, too; that's usually good on the road."

"Arcane lights? Such things are rare, because most mages can cast light as easily as tying their bootlaces. It's one of the first and easiest magicks one must learn."

"Magic items to lighten you load? Perhaps one of our beautiful figurines would do? You're friend seemed rather enamored with them. Given the animal's secret name, the owner can command the figurine to turn into a full-sized animal! Our figurines range from as little as 1680 gold, to as much as 26,000! What do you say? What do you say if I tell you everything is half price, provided you act now?"

Verity wrote:"As for offering 220 for the whole bit; well, you'd leave us paupers for this fine trove. I'm sure you understand that we'll try to find a better offer elsewhere, unless you'd like to reconsider."
"You drive a hard bargain, traveler. 440. That's as high as I go."

Verity wrote:"Whats that? oh, of course. If anyone in town is in possesion of chainmail, war-dog barding, ritual components, or healing salves, we have the coin. Even if someone has armour not on the market, tucked in a chest unused, surely Emperors would benefit them more than cumbersome mail."
"Erm. No armor, sorry. Not for dogs, either. ... but ritual components? There I can help you. We've got all manner of alchemical reagents, mystic salves, rare herbs, and sanctified incense!"

"Armor not on the market? Well, if it's not on the market, how would we know about it? But truly, heavy garb is rare in there parts; it contributes to sinking."

Verity wrote:"As for the barding, if it's not to be found, is there a tanner in town? I don't imagine it would take more than a day or two to outfit hound with some protection."
"Hmm, hmm. Y'know, there is. I think one of Cap'n Anne's men used to be a tanner."
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum