Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed"

3 posters

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty 151prooftattoos

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 pm

OOC: What's it been? 3 days gametime?

"Ahh, friends . . . me shouldright knoweth it'd be ye dat echo da battle clangs from afars. Seems ya gain'd ah mutt an' an 'uman w' o' strange speaks! What ye benamed? Morgex?"

Swifthand wrote:Free Action - "They are our allies, Mordax!"

-Swift

"Well met, Morgex!" The dwarf grins at Jugugg, "Me be O'erlord Vangg an' dis be me underlin' Jugugg!"

Vangg chuckles.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty Malazek

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 pm

"Underlin', is it?! I'll belaid upon me own blade 'fore I beservited t' a bedamned Dwarf! 'Spec'lly one's bedraggled as ye!"

Don't ye be listenin' t'dis clown, Merdex. He 'wildered 'cuz his helms' not be fittin' right; causin' his hair t' begroweth on da inside, an' messin' wit' his brain (dat bewhys Dwarfs have beards, ye know? Dere head hairs groweth right on thru dere skulls an' out de other side)!"

"My sorries. What ye benamed? Moored Axe? Dat be a stranged name."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty The Witch King

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Mordax, bewildered, says "Aye, an' yuir friends leave a bit o' explanation sirs! Fir's ye're friends wi' o' hag I've sworn tae kill, an' then yuir friends wi' tha' sworn enemy!!!"

"I've half a mind tae fell ye' all, fer' traitorship an' unworthiness a'; bu' then I'd be bereft o' all fellowship, an' tha' I value abo' all else. So I'll taek yuir judgment as me own, an' say tae tha' dwarf an' goblin, if ye betray my friends' trust I'll 'ave yuir hides on me mantelplace, an' I'll see yuir immortal souls a'burning in tha' nine hells or so help me gods." says the colorful Sergeant.

"If ye're friends an' true" he continues, "then we welcome tha' aid. I notice ye' call tae tha' Raven Queen, same as tha' noble knight Verity he says, "an' fer tha' alone I'll call ye' friend, if ye'll have me."

Mordax then extends his forearm in friendship, to both the dwarf and the hated goblin.

"My name be Mordax, aye, an' mony a' foe hae I felled. Yet I deem ye' friends, as odd as that be, an' I welcome ye' tae tha' fellowship o' Dreamin'. Fer' tha's as we seem, a group o' dreamer's seeking tae save tha' world as we know it by visions an' prophetic dreams."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Vangg looks astonished.

"Moored Axe be an stranged? What ye call Jugugg? Jugugg besound liketh ye drownin' in ah pool o' mucker puke, har!"

The dwarf reaches out and clasps Mordax's hand in friendship.

"Ne'er ye mind da harsh spakes, we onlies begrudge da folk we calleth an friend."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Sticking out a gnarly hand for Mordax to shake, Juugug smiles and says "A more kin' greetin's I never 'fore ceive. Pleased t' bemeetin's ya, Moored Axe! 'sciple Verity dere be like a secon' son t'me (an' dat be somethin', 'cause I pro'lly begots twen'y by now)."

"Drownin' in ah pool o' mucker puke, ye say? How ye beknowin' what dat sound liketh?"
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty Halcyon

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Verity rushes over and leaping from the saddle he catches both Vangg and Jugugg in a rough hug. "Well brothers, She urged that I hurry and so I have. It heartens me greatly that you too answer Her call. That is assuming you will join our quest, or does the Queen twine our fates here for a different purpose?"
"I warned you about their sharp tongues Mordax. The rest of them I'll vouch for. 'Twas these two that set me on the revered path from which I'll never waver, in service of Death until she finally greet me in her cold embrace."
"Come then brothers, and tell us of how ye crossed paths again and your deeds since we parted. We've a tale or two for you as well."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty Magicspellz

"Welcome back" Alex nods. His mind on Katrina, he brushes himself down and sorts out his wounds. Just scratches from the various blasts of earth from the bedamned creatures. Hardly worth the effort that healing will cost him to exert.

He also spends his time replacing the water in the wagon that he used to make his short lived wall of fog, and refills his other recepticles.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty Swifthand

Davin strides forward, and clasps the dwarf and goblin by the forearm.

"Welcome back, friends, though it is a poor welcome we offer - from one battle into another. We go to retake the Cave Temple."

I refill my quiver and check Hound's wounds.

"Vangg, Juugug, this is Hound."

Hound will spend Healing Surge's to get to full. Does Straegis or Vangg have a Healing Word to lend?
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Swifthand wrote:Does Straegis or Vangg have a Healing Word to lend?
OOC: Vangg used two during the fight, so he won't have another until after a 5 minute rest. But I think Straegis still has his Inspiring Words. Also, Juugug has his (Surge+2d6+4); if he sees Davin tending to Hound's injuries, he'll mutter some words of healing to help out.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty The Witch King

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Clasping forearms, the fisherman grins and says "Aye, weel tha' gods work in mysterious ways, it seems. Weel met ye' companions."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty macksgarageusa

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Straegis heads first to pick up the hand axe he threw at the Galeb, once he gets it he doesn't sheath it tho. He walks over to Hound and says a few encouraging words to him as he hands him a small piece of the smoked fish he hadn't finished eating earlier. Now...seemingly agitated, he starts heading straight for Vangg, axe in hand and bellowing "I knew better than to trust anyone so small, you sir have some questions to answer far as I'm concerned! They all greet you as a long lost brother, I see the makins' of a traitor! Some long explanations will be in order if you expect to keep your ignorant head connected to your stubby body!" He doesn't even wait for him to answer before starting in on him again, his body language alerting all of his allies to the fact that he is intent on injuring Vangg. "First, where did you run off to? Next, how is it that you left so conveniently just moments before we were accosted by a group of dwarves who seemed to know you, and all the details about us, just a little too well? Lastly, is it by chance you just happen to stumble upon us now, in the middle of nowhere, AFTER the fighting with your oafish kin?" Straegis squints his eyes and readies his axe before saying, "It's time for you to speak quickly little man! Life or death teeters on your answers sir, for a traitor does not deserve to live!"

O.O.C.: Hound can spend a surge and add +2d6 from Inspiring Word.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Davin holds up his hands, motioning for Straegis to hold up.

"Shai - vaestaestaes, Tyrol - si Pasaer por basti Bal sarys." ("Whoa - remember, Cousin - the Dwarves did name Vangg traitor.")
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Vangg looks surprised, then grins widely.

"Whoa nows, 'old ye reigns der Sir Straegis o' Paranoiaville. Ye oughts nigh project ye feelin's ye 'ave fer ye scroll an' ye Father's Shadow unto me."

The dwarf paces and stares into the sky. "Me nigh not e'er betrayeth me friends . . . me condemnt fer followin's da Queen by me own kin. An' all knoweth me 'friends' would ne'er do thats."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:34 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: What's it been? 3 days gametime?
Okay, I figured it out. It's been 5 days since Vangg left.

The campaign started on the 17th of Korr, in the year 476.
That night, party member slept at the Stewbowl and Jonas Coopers.

On the 18th, they slept in the Straw Dome in the Malbog.

On the 19th, they slept at Agatha's place.

On the 20th and 21st, they slept in the Garkondrak.

On the 22nd, the slept at the Greene family farm.

On the 23rd, they were back at the Garkondrak.

On the 24th, Vangg left in search of Juugug.
The party portalled to the Imperial City & slept at the Hound's Tooth Inn.

On the 25th, they slept in the Baracks.

On the 26th, they portalled to Jaru & stayed 3 nights there (long enough for Alex to copy 6 rituals).
They left Jaru on the morning of the 1st.

It is now Melor the 1st, in the year 476.

Note: There is a Calender here
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:34 pm

"Vanng - much has happened in the short time you have been away. The Dwarves have declared war on the Empire, Eladrin, and Elves. We believe they have been led to this end by the greedy machinations of the Dwarven earth-mages. Now, we journey to the Cave Temple and then into the deep earth to stop them."

Davin leans on his Greatbow and takes a moment to let his friend absorb this grim news.

"The choice between your kin and your allies lie before you. Before we go on, I think we all would like to know where you stand."

-Swift
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Vangg spits on the ground.

"Me think ye knoweth whence me standts. Like me sayeth, me kin condemt me . . . an' me condemt dem rights back! Me standts w' me friends now . . . me friends hath becometh me new kin."

The dwarf walks around and hugs each party member.

"Da Queen henceforth guides our path!"
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty Halcyon

"Your foresight was great in spurning the clans brother Vangg. Word may not have reached you, but just three days past the dwarves attacked the Imperial Capital. Many are dead and much of the city in ruin.
"Alex and Staegis learned the true purpose of the dwarven assault. The dwarves were led to believe the Empire sought to bring the Dwarven Halls under Imperial rule - such where the whispered rumors spread by the Dwarven Arcanists. Their true purpose, though, is to control a nexus of rock magic these Rockbenders covet.
"And brothers, I've more dire news for you yet: The very same Rockbenders who manipulate the Clan Heads in this new war orchestrated the massacre at the Cave Temple. The hags and giants there were but allies and pawns to the Dwarven Rockbenders. 'Twas the Benders greed that brought that slaughter of innocents, all to gain dominance of elemental magic, for the Cave Temple too holds one of their nexi."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

"Lets get on with it then."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Assuming everyone finds Vangg's responce adequate ...

The party is soon on their way, and within minutes they come face-to-facw with the Rusty. Juugug, Vangg, and Verity have seen it before; but it doesn't take much for anyone else to figure out where it gets it's name. The creek is a vibrant shade of orange-brown.

Following the merchant's direction, the party heads south, travelling along the bank of the Rusty River. Sure enough, as soon as the wagon enters the shadow of Bear Mountain, a tiny cabin can be seen high in the distance.

The landscape becomes increasingly steep as you get into foothills, and soon the horses are having trouble pulling the wagon up the incline. Fortunately, Davin finds a snaking stretch of land that seems relatively flat, albiet less-than-straight... but it's enough for the wagon to continue.

At first it seems as if the hill on which the cabin sits is litered with more boulders, but as the wagon draws nearer you see that they're not boulders at all. They're sheep. Lots and lots of sheep. A smattering of goats, dogs, and wild mouflon are mixed in. The dogs begin to bark at your approach.

Just as the wagon reaches the bottom of the very hill the cabin occupies, an adolescent girl walks out the front door. Dressed in worn, sturdy breeches and a matching jacket, she has a bukkehorn on her belt, and pigtails in her hair. The sturdy iron-tipped staff belies her otherwise innocent appearance.

"Are ya lost?! Ya'd best head back the other way, strangers."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:36 pm

WHOA GIRLS!

Davin gives the reins a pull and the wagon rolls to a stop.

"Hello! Are you Harley? My name is Davin Fletcher and these are my comrades. The Old Merchants in Jaru said that you might stable and care for our horses and store our wagon for a time until we return. Is this a charge you would consider?"
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

She struts toward the wagon, apparently unfettered by the slope. "Aye. These five horses here? How much're ya offerin'? A gold a day? I'll do it for a gold a day. Mind you, that'll include a plentiful diet and meticulous groomin.'"
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty macksgarageusa

Still not completely happy with the lack of details provided by Vangg, Straegis shuts up and goes back to his studying as the wagon labors on. He doesn't even realize they've come across anyone until he hears Davin talking. He looks out to see who it is and sees the girl coming toward the wagon, he takes a long look at her trying to determine if she is indeed friend or foe. He then says to Davin, "Ce navil med bime dernen." (Ask her if she has anything to eat.)

Insight: 1d20=9+4(half-lvl)=13
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:37 pm

She says "Ai cali mysti shaer." (I have some bread.)
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Does that even work? Alex's eyebrows arch high as Straegis asks for food, presuming that he is recognising an old lore of breaking bread only with allies, and being forced to honour contracts after even just a bland ceremony for fear of your honour being tainted for good. Perhaps he is thinking of something else.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Vangg also studies the woman.

Insight: Roll = 20
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed" - Page 9 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Four: "Plots Unearthed"

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 35 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next