Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 13 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Malazek wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:There was a Map in the book that Alex found in the Library on 'Waterbender strongholds' or at least there were multiple maps. Any chance of an overall Nexus World map? Nothing fancy; just a white page with dots on it would be enough!
OOC: Hmm. There was an index in that book that listed THOUSANDS of "minor" Nexus Points ... but I'll see what I can come up with.
OOC: Okay, this is by no means an all-inclusive map (and farankly, I am almost ambarrased by the low-quality of it), but for this will have to do. It shows only the major Le Lines (and it's necessarily to scale).

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 13 Gx16K4Mi

I cannot over-emphasize how NOT TO SCALE this is. The Garkondrak should be much closer to Brackwater, and Imil should be even further North. And the whole thing should just look much cooler than it does.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 13 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"I'm done reading for now."
OOC: Okay, than I'm going to hold off on the rest of the book ... you got to the important stuff anyway.

Also, that completes Alex's original [Major] Quest: "Find Out What Happened to the Water Tribes and Why the Imilites Power is Fading" = 600 XPs Each (10,738 total).
... and believe that kicks off the beginning of some new (but related) quests. Hehe
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:In the Imperial City. In Battle with Dwarves. Including Rockbenders. We require aid. Could the Lizardmen travel too? Please Help.
Alex recieves a sudden mental message: Can't come now. Research going too well. Garkondrak. Abomination Pool. Clearwater Pool. Lexis's Possessions. Not our fight. Rockbenders our allies. Stick to Business. Respectfully.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"URGH!" Alex cries, a lightning bolt of pure cold energy blasts from his hand into the wall, crumbling the stone and leaving a large hole into the next room. The debris coated in a thick later of ice.

"Jenna isn't coming. She thinks the rockbenders are our allies." He puts his head in his hands. "And I can't even tell her she's wrong. Sorry I wasted your time." He seems a little glum. Then he perks up a little.

"On the other hand, I've never done that before." He looks at the damaged wall and the frosty rubble. At his fingers encased in ice. "Right." He flicks the ice onto the floor, and runs his hands through his white hair. "Can we go kill some dwarves? Please?"

"We need to secure the seven hills; the three lions district. The dwarves must not take it."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Tyrol, if you wanna make hist. checks on those names, I'd be glad to assist!

History(Assist): 1d20=16+14(s)=30
History(Assist): 1d20=3+14(s)=17

I study the names that Straegis provides, hoping to recognize any of them from the dim memories of my youth.

History checks=6,24

"Rael o, Tyrol." "Thank you, Cousin."

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis does his best to translate the Davek to common as Alex reads it...

magicspellz12 wrote:"Ok. They want the Seven Hills of Etol. The site of the Imperial city. We need to stop them from getting there, because thats where they'll be more powerful; the rockbenders that is....

Stone wrote:Ravin 28
Use initials you two. The Sandbenders are in. The K wants to shoot for Korr. The Hags will handle the Rihn problem. The Fomorians are apparently in, too. Meet me downstairs tomorrow and give you the details.

After listening to Alex and Straegis, the immensity of the Dwarves' plans comes into view.

"Gods - the bearded bastards are trying to take over all the magical nexuses in the world. General, I agree with Alex. The Three Lions District can not fall into enemy hands. Not only will they have won a strategic military victory, but their magical power will grow as well. And the Hags were responsible for the Cave Temple Massacre? I think we should follow your advise, Straegis, and try to contact Agatha."

"Reed, gather the Rangers."

I begin to pace the floor, when I almost trip over the wrapped corpse of the Emperor.

"Oh. Almost forgot about him."
I look at the General questioningly. "What do you want to do with him? And what about you, Princess? We just got you out of harms way...damn."

"Damn."

I pace a few moment more and then stop, just as the Reed and the Rangers return, finally having reached a decision.

"Alright. We take the body with us and we all head back to the Three Lions District to look for Verity, Mordax, and whoever is in charge. Verity will know what to do with the dead body. Then we look for a wizard that can open a portal to the Femdrell, and get you home, Princess. I doubt your family intended you to be here while the city is under siege."

I look at the frosty glare in Alex's eyes and the determined steel in Straegis's.

"And any Dwarves in our way die."

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Nodding, Mordax clasps one of Frater's arms and helps him along at a brisk stumble until he gains his footing. To Verity he says "Tae tha' lions we gae, then, boyo', fer this war's just begun."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Malazek wrote:Frater hugs Verity and thanks him heartily. Before he can anser to the whereabouts of your other family members, you see a wet Mordax coming along the wall.
OOC: He will answer the question when I get home this afternoon. Sorry, I have to head to work.
Verity wrote:Frater still struggles, foggy-eyed and spluttering on the healing elixir. "My brother, while greivous hurt, fared better than most that were stationed in the tower as you see."
Looking around, Frater responds "Indeed I have. How many thousands lay dead in these fields? I only thank the Queen that Fortis and Uncle Veridic were elsewhere. (Fortis's Platoon left only just before the attack; and Veridic is stationed as a Guard at Lord-General Ferall's post)."

Nodding to Mordax's comment, Frater adds "You're right, it HAS only just begun! Let's give 'em whatfor!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:11 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote: "We need to secure the seven hills; the three lions district. The dwarves must not take it."
"Right, then!" The Lt. Colonel agrees, from the other room.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:I study the names that Straegis provides, hoping to recognize any of them from the dim memories of my youth.
History checks=6,24
"Rael o, Tyrol." "Thank you, Cousin."
Some of the names seem hauntingly familiar, but nothing you can put your finger on. Specifically, the names Kalol and Lora ring a bell. And they are both near the recent-end of the list.

Davin wrote:After listening to Alex and Straegis, the immensity of the Dwarves' plans comes into view. "Gods - the bearded bastards are trying to take over all the magical nexuses in the world. General, I agree with Alex. The Three Lions District can not fall into enemy hands. Not only will they have won a strategic military victory, but their magical power will grow as well. And the Hags were responsible for the Cave Temple Massacre? I think we should follow your advise, Straegis, and try to contact Agatha."
"I agree ... but WHO is Agatha?"

Davin wrote:"Reed, gather the Rangers."
With a silent nod, Reed heads out the door.

Davin wrote:I begin to pace the floor, when I almost trip over the wrapped corpse of the Emperor. "Oh. Almost forgot about him."
OOC: Lawl.

The Ranger return momentarily ...

Davin wrote:"Alright. We take the body with us and we all head back to the Three Lions District to look for Verity, Mordax, and whoever is in charge. Verity will know what to do with the dead body. Then we look for a wizard that can open a portal to the Femdrell, and get you home, Princess. I doubt your family intended you to be here while the city is under siege."
"Agreed!"
"Eindraer." (Agreed).
"Ais sar air os eidoli, byrdi Voli" (If that is your advice, noble Prince).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:"I agree ... but WHO is Agatha?"
"Agatha is sister to and enemy of the Hag's who committed the Cave Temple Massacre. As it turns out, these same Hags are allies of the Dwarves. As a matter of fact, I think I saw one of the sisters in the city while I was running to the Three Lions District about an hour ago. Agatha is our friend and could help us - at the very least, she could counter her sisters."

Malazek wrote:"Ais sar air os eidoli, byrdi Voli" (If that is your advice, noble Prince).

"Aer tes eir Ai shor air tyr shi oraesori, Volaer. Tyr Ai eir ei thalys?" ("As much as I wish it could be otherwise, Princess. Could I ask a favor?") I hand Rhyannon the notes and family tree Straegis made for me. "Rnair o jhyl eir saeri bastaer eil saer ti ais o cyrn eileirol eirdyr saes?"("Would you look at these names and tell me if you know anything about them?")

As the body of the Emperor is being loaded, I approach Alex and Straegis.

"I notice you are wearing the eyepatch we took off of the Dwarves, Alex. Were you two able to find out what it and the other items we looted from them did?"

After everyone is on board, I drive the wagon to where we last saw Verity in the Three Lions District at top speed.

Nature check=32
Nature check=21

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:12 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax heads into the city, seeking the Lord General, picking up whatever convenient weapon(s) he encounters along the way.

OOC: The fisherman favors simple weapons with reach, or massive weapons with brute weight.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Malazek wrote:Looking around, Frater responds "... How many thousands lay dead in these fields? I only thank the Queen that Fortis and Uncle Veridic were elsewhere. (Fortis's Platoon left only just before the attack; and Veridic is stationed as a Guard at Lord-General Ferall's post)."

Nodding to Mordax's comment, Frater adds "You're right, it HAS only just begun! Let's give 'em whatfor!"

Verity sighs heavily. “Praise be to Fate.”
Then a stray cannon ball crashes aground nearby. It cuts a deep trench before stopping at the three warriors’ feet, showering them in dirt.
“We’ll give them a whatfor alright. Let’s get back to the Lions and see what General Ferall and the others have found. But first I must tend the fallen. The Lord and Lady General at least should be retrieved and prepared for burial. I’ll catch up.” Verity gives Zephyr the commands to hoist Mordax and Frater to the top of the wall and waves them on. Gesturing over the battlefield, Verity prays that the Queen honor the brave fallen and guide their way to the land of the dead. He then drags the bodies of the fallen Generals, along with their personal effects, to the rope. He closes their eyes and binds their cloaks around them, covering them each completely. He secures both to the rope.
Then he picks through the debris seeking broken bottles of alchohol that haven’t been completely spilt. He replaces the contents of his waterskin with what he can find and return to climb the rope. Zephyr brings his strength to bear, slowly hauling the corpses up. After much cursing and strain, Verity gets the generals draped over the horse, and leads the beast back to the market square, where he helps himself to a bushel of the best apples he can find, to reward the horse for his efforts. He discretely puts a gold coin in the market stall where the farmer will find it as payment.
Heading towards Mordax and Frater, he calls to his brother, “So about that drink…”
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax heads into the city, seeking the Lord General, picking up whatever convenient weapon(s) he encounters along the way. (The fisherman favors simple weapons with reach, or massive weapons with brute weight).
OOC: Just to be clear: there is still a battle being pitched in front of the one and only gate; Dwarves vs. Elves & Imperials & Two Dwarven Warmachines. Verity climbed down a rope to get to where you are, but the wall behind him is easily 40 feet high.

Verity wrote:“I’ll catch up.” Verity gives Zephyr the commands to hoist Mordax and Frater to the top of the wall and waves them on.
Mordax and Frater are easily hauled up to the wall by the strength of the warhorse, where they can descend the stairs that lead to the remnants of yet another battle (the battle that Verity previously fought in). Numerous soldiers have cleared the market square of corpses; piling their weapons, armor, and other gear into seperate wagons.

Sadly, Mordax does NOT find a trident amongst the weapons. He does, however, have a quite a selection to choose from: Imperial longswords, glaives, halberds, spears, longspears, and longbows; Dwarven battlaxes, handaxes, throwing hammers, warpicks, greataxes, mauls, and crossbows; there's even maces and morningstars, as well as a single falchion, a lone greatsword, and a solitary heavy flail. And of course, there's a ridiculous number of daggers.

Verity wrote:Verity prays that the Queen honor the brave fallen ...
seeking broken bottles of alchohol ... He replaces the contents of his waterskin
He then drags the bodies of the fallen ...
“So about that drink…”
After a bit of effort, Verity prays over the dead, gets free booze, and drags the fallen lords over the wall ... where he catches up with Mordax and Frater as they are sifting through the wagon full of fallen weapons.

Just then, Davin and Hound and Alex and Straegis and the Lt. Colonel and LG Draxus Ferall and the Princess come rolling up in the wagon, followed by a bakers-dozen of rangers and three Maor (one of which is Alverdine; the other two Mordax recognizes from the bar he was in yesterday afternoon).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"Agatha is sister to and enemy of the Hag's who committed the Cave Temple Massacre. As it turns out, these same Hags are allies of the Dwarves. As a matter of fact, I think I saw one of the sisters in the city while I was running to the Three Lions District about an hour ago. Agatha is our friend and could help us - at the very least, she could counter her sisters."
"A hag?! Well, I guess we can't afford to turn our noses up at anyone that wants to ally with us, can we? Especially not now."

Prince Palol wrote:"Aer tes eir Ai shor air tyr shi oraesori, Volaer. Tyr Ai eir ei thalys?" I hand Rhyannon the notes and family tree Straegis made for me. "Rnair o jhyl eir saeri bastaer eil saer ti ais o cyrn eileirol eirdyr saes?"("Would you look at these names and tell me if you know anything about them?")
The princess leafs through the notes, studying them carefully as you ride. As you approach the Marketsquare, she says "I thought the name "Thaeraes" sounded familiar! I will need time, though, to be certian. When I get home, I will research whatever facts I can."

As the body of the Emperor is being loaded, I approach Alex and Straegis.

Davin wrote:After everyone is on board, I drive the wagon to where we last saw Verity in the Three Lions District at top speed.
As Davin and Hound and Alex and Straegis and the Lt. Colonel and LG Draxus Ferall and the Princess come rolling up in the wagon (followed by a Reed and Reed's Rangers as well as Alverdine and the other two Maor) they see Verity and Mordax and Frater digging through a wagon full of weapons.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Malazek wrote:OOC: Yay! The party is reunited!
Halcyon wrote:"Greetings and salutations friends, would that it were under more fortuitous circumstances."
Saying "fortuitous" reminds Verity of Fortis. He clenches his teeth. Then he realizes the wine / brandy/ dwarven spirits concoction has gone straight to his head. He takes a deep breath in an effort to steady himself for the sad news he must relay to the General.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:14 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex smiles. But suddenly he has gone entirely business like. "We need to keep the Three Lions District safe. At all Costs."
The Witch-King wrote:Slipping a couple of daggers into his belt, Mordax shrugs and hefts the greatsword.

As his companions approach, he calls out "Weel met, friends. Ye' fare weel, it would seem."

At Alex's exclamation, he turns with narrowed eyes and says "Why?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:The princess leafs through the notes, studying them carefully as you ride. As you approach the Marketsquare, she says "I thought the name "Thaeraes" sounded familiar! I will need time, though, to be certian. When I get home, I will research whatever facts I can."

I smile at the thought of the Princess aiding me in my search. And that means....that I will see her again! Then I realize that I am staring at her with a dopey grin on my face, and I blush, simply stating, "Rael o, Volaer." ("Thank you, Princess."), before turning back to the road.

"WOOF!"

Hound barks at the sight of Verity, Frater, and Mordax, and I pull the wagon up next to them.

"WHOA THERE!"

I nod and smile at my companions, relieved to see Verity has found Frater unharmed and Mordax is back with us. As Alex begins to explain the importance of the Three Lions District, I look around for the Imperial Wizard Corps.

"Reed, Rangers - search out the Imperial Wizard Corps."

Perception check=29
Perception check=35

"We have other problems as well. Have any of you three seen Lady-General Arietess, Lord-General Virgil Spica, Lady-General Zubina Liber, or Lady-General Manon Van-Pysium?"

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:18 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Glad to see his friends all alive, Straegis greets them all, after some hand shaking and back patting he says "I fear we have some decisions to make, these times will test our mettle and may indeed kill us all." He pauses briefly, and starts pacing before he continues "Is it our time to die then, here? Or is there perhaps a better plan? Every one of us was given the opportunity to be a military man marching forward through the field, in a stare down with death! Lest I remind you, our answer was NO! Why, you ask? That is not our path!" Straegis stops in his tracks, steeling his eyes and standing up straight with his shoulders back before saying, "Coincidence is not the reason we met, every one of us is tied to this great battle in some unforseen way, I don't believe it is to fight in this field." He clears his throat and continues, "We do not even know who we can trust, as we speak the dwarves have allied themselves with whoever and whatever will listen to their woefull tale. They are attempting to take control of ALL the nexuses in our world, this would in effect concentrate that enormous power in the hands of very few. We need a plan, much larger than trading steel with those ignorant little oafs alongside this wall. We are all here now, I say none seperate without some exchange of ideas. Alex and I have more information than we two can probably process at the moment. Send for Agatha, indeed! The Lizard-Folk, yes I say! Should we go to the Feywild in search of assistance, perhaps? Stay and fight? Run? I'll stop now, but be aware that all of your ideas are welcome here."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:19 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"Having wasted my only Sending spell on Jenna, who refused to come- thinking the dwarves were our allies, I am unable to communicate magically with until I learn the ritual or find another scroll, or a copy of it within a Ritual book. And I'd be unhappy tearing up another ritual book to cast it; there are only so many copies I'll ever get my hands on; and turning every one I see to dust is not a good idea."

Alex looks grim.

"Also, I cannot teleport us anywhere yet. To do such a thing would require us to take a magic user with us. I have neither the practice or the rituals required."

"I feel that we are to have a role in the battle, but I'd remind you that we are not ordinary soldiers. No other group of 6 or so could encounter a dragon and still be breathing or indeed fell a Hag. It may be destiny wants us to fight in the battle, but we must use our group to its best abilities. We should not split up, but work together to help turn the tides of the battle. Be it destroying Trebuche, or standing behind the main gate to meet any force that breaks through whilst ordinary soldiers work on closing it again."

Alex shrugs.

"If we were to stay here I would request a few barrels of water be placed around where we were positioned. This is not like the Malbog, the ocean, or indeed Icy Imil where water is in abundance. If I loose my waterskin I am severely hampered. Only so much water can be drawn from the air so quickly."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax drops into a fighting stance, balancing on the balls of his feet, shoulders down.

"Agatha" he growls in a distinctly menacing tone, "What ken ye' o' tha' hag Agatha an' 'er sisters?" he spits.

Taking a step forward he grips his sword with white knuckles, and appears ready to flay about him in a red rage.

"If ye' ken tha' whereaboots o' any o' tha' brood, ye'll tell me now! Where are tha' hags boyo?!?!? Ye've seen them?!?!? Ye've heard o' their whereabouts?!?!? TELL ME!!!"

Mordax's growl is matched only by the hound's matching rumble, hackles raised in perceived threat.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:... I look around for the Imperial Wizard Corps.
"Reed, Rangers - search out the Imperial Wizard Corps."
Davin sees several immediately, but the Reed's Rangers set out to gather a few more.
Malazek wrote:OOC: Awesome dialogue.

All of the posts since last night have been mostly interparty/intraPC, which means I don't have much to respond to (but there's still a lot of information being shared and a lot of character/story development occurring). Nice job everyone.

Carry on ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Halcyon wrote:The first concern raised by his companions seeming the most urgent, Verity respons to each in turn. “Of Lady-General Manon Van-Pysium and Lady-General Zubina Liber I know not. Pray that they still have breath to command and strength to swing a sword. As for Lady-General Arietess and Lord-General Virgil Spica…” He looks to Lord General Draxus for a long moment, brow furrowed. “It is with great regret and condolence I must tell you that they have passed beyond the veil, to the embrace of the Queen and what lies beyond. Take comfort in that they died as they lived, serving our great empire. It is their bodies enshrouded here on my horse.”
Verity pauses for a reverent silence. He considers his companions words.
“I believe the best way to honor these great generals and the thousands of other brave, loyal Imperials already dead is to find an end to this war quickly. The dwarves seek to control all nexuses of magic? Unlikely that the Clans were moved to war for magical gain. Dwarf Clans fight for gold and jewels at their worst and in defense of their kin at their best. But to convince the entire dwarven populous to take up arms for Magic? Ha! You’d have better luck getting them to all wear turbans. It’d be no different than trying to herd cats. No, the Clans do not know the true purpose of this war. But then who does? Is it the Dwarf King, or some other?
“We must know our true enemy if we are to end the war soon. As the General said, cut off the head and the body will fall.
“The Hag Agatha is no enemy of ours, friend Mordax. Her love for a man melted her cold heart and made her good. We aided her in bringing her vile sister Mika to justice. ‘Twas when first I met Davin, Alex and Straegis, and we will all speak well of that one redeemed Hag.”
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex raises his blueish white eyebrows in the face of Mordax's rage. He continues after Verity
"Indeed. In fact that was the first quest so to speak, that this little group took on. Origionally it was only Me and Davin under employement, but we met Straegis in the Malbog. Back then our group included Vanng, Jack the Red, Ayrikai and Kardan too. We met Verity during the battle."

As this little explanation does little to improve Mordax's rage, Alex continues, shifting away slightly.

"What have the Hags got to do with all this? Only three remain. Agatha, who is not evil; but, as we know from Jenna not all regard the dwarves as enemies." Alex reminds Verity "Babs, a Necromancer, and Morgan; someone who searches for mens souls to steal if I remember correctly. I suppose only Babs would be a problem, it sounded to me like Morgans powers were more for single targets than battlefield domination. She could have captured the heart of a dwarf King or something?"

Alex coughs.

"However." He adresses Verity. "Of course dwarves would fight for magic. Magical dominion! They already destroyed all the tribes of Firebenders, leaving only Aodhan with any firebending ability left. And they've been killing off Nexuses left right and centre! And they're only coming here so they can caputre the Seven Hills of Etol; the Three Lions district and the last major Earthbending Nexus."

Alex it seems, cannot understand why anyone would fight for anything other than magical power. He probably thinks they just want to capture the libraries for all the information stored within.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
Halcyon wrote:"As for Lady-General Arietess and Lord-General Virgil Spica…” He looks to Lord General Draxus for a long moment, brow furrowed. “It is with great regret and condolence I must tell you that they have passed beyond the veil, to the embrace of the Queen and what lies beyond."

"And then there were two. We must find Lady-General Manon Van-Pysium and Lady-General Zubina Liber." From the seat of the wagon, I look Draxus in the eye, before standing atop it to use it's height to scan the crowded square.

Perception check=30,34

After listening to my companions discussion, I leap down off the wagon seat, Hound at my side, standing next to Princess Rhyannon.

"It matters not whether all the Dwarves know they fight for arcane might or not - they are a stolid people, and will follow the will of their leaders. Perhaps the clan heads and the king are charmed by their Terramancers. Perhaps their King is a Terramancer. The fact is, the acquisition and control of magical nexuses is a goal the Rockbenders have been working toward for some time, and now they have the backing of the entire Dwarven people, as well as the Formorians and the Eladrin of the North."

I turn to Alex.

"After we met, I promised to help you in your quest to save the Waterbenders of Imil, and now we know how to do that - we must stem - and then turn - the tide of Dwarven domination. Here is as good a place as any to start."

Then I turn to Mordax, voice low.

"As for the Hags, Verity and Alex speak the truth. Agatha is our friend and ally, and wants nothing more than to stop the evil deeds of her sisters. The fact that the Dwarves somehow secured the Hag sisters' aid to destroy the Cave Temple and the fact that at least one of the sisters are in the city now, allied with the Dwarves, makes contacting Agatha all the more important. Wasn't there a Sending ritual in that store we went to when we first arrived here? We have the gold and items we got off the Dwarves and I could add the Lightning Bow for trade."

I look back to the General questioningly. "Or maybe one of the Imperial Wizards can cast it for us?"

I offer the Princess my the hand, before turning away from the group, and then approach an Imperial Wizard.

"Wizard. We need you or one of your Corps' assistance. We require a Portal to the Femdrell and a Sending. It is vital to the war effort and I can pay in coin."

O.O.C. - I agree. Awesome dialogue!

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax rocks back on his heels, visibly trembling.

"Ye've nae idea o' what ye' speak, boyos, an' I dinnae gi' a rat's arse fer wha' guid ye' think is in tha' hag Agatha. I swore a vow tae kill them all, an' I've hunted them fer twenty years 'till only thae three were tae be found. Ten I've killed me sae far, an' thrice more will I hae my vengence."

Pacing, surroundings completely forgotten, he murmurs to himself "I knew tha' whore-begotten bitch were lurkin' in tha' accursed bog, I knew it! An' Morgana, curse me soul, out o' hiding as weel!"

Turning back to the companions he barks "Ye say Morgana, who ye' call Morgan, were aboot this place? Tell me whar' last ye' saw 'er, an' I'll make this war short o' one more combatant. Ye' cannae afford tae ha' 'er runnin' aboot; aye, she's too dangerous. Tell me whar' ye' saw 'er last, an I'll kill yer enemy for ye' and take me' vengeance all tha' same."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next