Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 8 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:05 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"It's our only option. No way they'll sell it. How are we going to do this? It could be enchanted. Let me check."

Alex spends a minute with ghostly waterhands, probing for magical aura's from the book.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 8 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:Assuming that the knock is Reed, I ready arrows to barrage the next "hill" and open the door. "Let's get you one!"
Surprise round & Round 1
Minor - Light arrows
Move- Designate mound as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Twin Strike mound

Twin Strike 1=17, Twin Strike 2=29
TS1 Damage=10, TS2 Damage=8
Hunter's Quarry Damage=8
Fire Damage=12, Fire Damage=9

Initiative=9
Twin Strike 1=21, Twin Strike 2=20
TS1 Damage=5, TS2 Damage=3
Hunter's Quarry Damage=2
Fire Damage=7, Fire Damage=9
The Dwarves in the next hill aren't caught nearly as off-guard as those in the first (they must've spotted Reed) ... as Davin and crew approach (even before they come into bow range) the cannon turns to face the heroes and fires ... but again, they miss (fast moving humanoids are difficult to hit with a cannon).

It fires again before the heroes come into range! This one lands smack dab in the middle of y'all, sending earth and shrapnel in a small burst. Davin and Hound manage to get out of the way, but poor Reed catches the brunt of it ... collapsing face down in the mud and bleeding everywhere!

After making sure the kid is alive (I assume), Davin moves to range and presses the attack (using the rolls above). The first two arrows set the hill ablaze.

The hill fires again, this time at Davin alone, but again they miss.

Davin's next two rolls go straight down the barrel of the gun ... causing the same explosion as last time, and followed by the same billowing smoke. After a bit of weak wobbling and unstable swaying, the cannon fires at Davin again. This time the shot is too close for comfort, buzzing right past his ear with a baritone hiss.

As the battle continues, Davin spots more warmachines rolling out of the hills, still half a mile off. The new arrivals are not artificial hills, but towering iron frames that resemble mammoth trebuchets ... no wait, those ARE tower-sized trebuchets! Immense Dwarven trebuchets!

Even as Davin watches, several of the Trebuchets' counterweights drop, causing the slingarms to hurl massive chunks of stone ruin toward the city over a mile away!!

Straegis wrote:Straegis says to Alex, "... Maybe we should try to buy the book. ... Or just take it."
Alex wrote:"It's our only option. No way they'll sell it. How are we going to do this? It could be enchanted. Let me check."
BOOM! A piece of stone pillar, maybe 30 feet thick and 60 feet high, comes crashing through the library, destroying nearly half the building! The upper floors begin to crumble and cave-in all around you! Better get out quick!*

*OOC: I'll need some kind of rolls for that. Athletics comes to mind, but if you have other ideas, feel free to TRY them.

Straegis wrote:O.O.C.: Mal, Straegis isn't trained in Linguist yet but he has been studying Davek. Could I roll (something?) perhaps with neg. modifier to see if he could comprehend a few of the basic words, or at least the title and a few other notes?
OOC: Hehe ... sure. As soon as you get a safe moment to try, you can drop some INT checks ... I'll give you an extra +2 since you've probably got a rudimentary understanding by now, seeing as how you're going to be able to speak it in a few days.

Alex wrote:is the davek script still present with no eyepatch? ...
"Do I have time to perform the ritual now? Can we do it here? Perhaps some of these scholars could help?"
OOC: The Davek writing is not visible without the eye-patch. Now, you don't have enough time to perform this ritual, and here seems like a bad place; plus, the surviving scholars are now running for their lives, so they probably won't help ... :p
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 46/46; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 54/54; AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8

O.O.C. - I want to Disruptive Strike the blast that hit Reed.
Round 1
Immediate Interrupt - Disruptive Strike

Round 2
Minor - Light arrows
Move- Designate war machine as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Twin Strike down the tube

Disruptive Strike=18
DS Damage=9
O.O.C. - 18 should hit; this is not a called shot, but if it doesn't, I will use Elven Accuracy. The war machine is now -7 to hit.
Elven Accuracy=24

Twin Strike 1=17, Twin Strike 2=26
TS1 Damage=11, TS2 Damage=8
Hunter's Quarry Damage=8
Fire Damage=7, Fire Damage=9

Arrow Count=24/30, Wrapped=26/40

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:O.O.C. - I want to Disruptive Strike the blast that hit Reed.
OOC: You have not taken a 5 minute rest since you last used Disruptive shot; and besides, I rolled high enough to hit Reed even with the penalty. ... but just to be clear, he is still alive (he's just unconscious and bleeding).

Davin wrote:Twin Strike down the tube
Two direct hits. But the hill keeps coming. And coming.
But Davin notices that it is no longer firing, and seems to be drifting lazily to the left.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Malazek wrote:The Dwarven Commander uses his mighty hammer to block Mordax's trident thrust ... and then brings it down with crushing accuracy, slamming Mordax to the forest floor! (CRIT! 15 Damage and Mordax is knocked Prone).

Imp Swimmers: 38 Dead, 654 Bloodied, 973 Injured
Dwarves: 15 Dead, 568 Bloodied, 362 Injured, 555 Uninjured
Peasants: 5 Dead, 33 Bloodied, 62 Injured. Then, 48 New Peasants Join-in.
Posting for Mordax ...

Mordax staggers back to his feet and throws down a combination of thrusts that are just too much for the DC to block.
Reaping Strike: 23 to Hit, 14 Damage. Mark the DC

Stubborn as ever, the Commander trades blow for blow (dealing 7 damage).

OOC: From what I can tell, Mordax has 28 HP left?.

Imp Swimmers: 559 Dead, 849 Bloodied, 257 Injured
Dwarves: 307 Dead, 508 Bloodied, 380 Injured, 305 Uninjured
Peasants: 128 Dead, 5 Bloodied, 9 Injured, 7 Uninjured. 24 more join-in
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:07 pm

Swifthand wrote:Alright, in this order. If necessary, I will head over and stabilize Reed. If we are in the path of the tank I will move us out of it, into the back of the captured tank. After that is done, if I run to the back door of the approaching tank, call Hound to me, and open it, ready to attack.

Stabilize Reed (natch!)=26
Perception check=34

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:... head over and stabilize Reed ... After that is done, if I run to the back door of the approaching tank, call Hound to me, and open it, ready to attack.
Knowing the kid will make it, Davin races to the back of the other dome and tries to open the door. At first, it seems like it only opens from the ouside; but then his elven eyes spot a secret latch. Swinging the door open, Davin finds the inside to be identicle to the last, except for two dead Dwarves being dragged along by the rear "wall." The bloodied mules trudge on, following the last command they were given.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis grabs the book and shoves it in his pack, as the walls come crashing down he instictively grabs the princess and throws her over his shoulder. He scans the area for the best way out then turns to Alex and says, "We have to go NOW, follow me!" Straegis does his best to move quickly and carefully through the rubble to the exit making sure not to drop the princess or lose Alex. As they head outside, Straegis pays close attention to the citizens, trying to get an idea of what might have just happened.

Perception: 1d20=17+2(half-lvl)=19
Strength(?): 1d20=13+4(s)+2(half-lvl)=19
Athletics: 1d20=2+11(s)=13
Perception: 1d20=18+2(half-lvl)=20
Athletics: 1d20=13+11(s)=24
Endurance: 1d20=8+8(s)=16
Insight: 1d20=17+2(half-lvl)=19
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Swifthand wrote:I lead the war machine behind the first and take 5 with Reed.
O.O.C. - Can he spend surges to heal in this time?
-Swift

DM EDIT: Yes.
Anonymous wrote:Mordax cries "Now men, push! Send these ground-pounders tae tha' caves fraem whence they came!"
OOC: Please roll for me. Connection is still fubar'd.

DM EDIT: Reaping Strike. Crit. 14 Damage.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:After scouting out the scene before me and taking our brief rest, I pop back into the war machine to talk to my new protege.

"Reed - we need to get the information and these battle wagons to the generals. There is open gate just to our west. I'll drive this machine and you drive the other, and lets make a run for the city."

Hound stays with me, and I goad the mules to a run and head toward the gates.

"HYAA! HYAA!"

Nature check=31

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex's eyes widen and his snaps a bolt of water from his waterskin as a reflex. It hovers between his hands as the building crumbles apart. He stuffs the eyepatch and the rest of the goodies into his bag and begins to follow Straegis in their run through the building. Alex attempts to protect them with his magic, sending watery bolts at any debris that might harm them in order to diverge their trajectory.

DM EDIT: I'll need some kind of rolls for that. Athletics comes to mind, but if you have other ideas, feel free to TRY them.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:After scouting out the scene before me and taking our brief rest, I pop back into the war machine to talk to my new protege.

"Reed - we need to get the information and these battle wagons to the generals. There is open gate just to our west. I'll drive this machine and you drive the other, and lets make a run for the city."

Hound stays with me, and I goad the mules to a run and head toward the gates.
Reed leads the other mule team, and your two "iron hills" roll right the gate, where you are faced with a two rows of guards; the frontline with shields and swords, and the rearline with pikes.

Once Davin pops out and explains (please role-play that) they stand aside and allow you to pass.

XPs for the Skill Challenge, the Combats, and the Minor Quest: "Scout the Location where Dwarves Dissappeared Earlier Today" ... 560 Each (Bringing Everyone to 7518. That's enough for 6th Level, but let's wait until Verity and Mordax are out of combat to do the levelling-up precedure).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax cries "Now men, push! Send these ground-pounders tae tha' caves fraem whence they came!"

With a final thrust, Mordax KILLS the Dwarven Commander; his troops are enraged, and yours are emboldened.

Imp Swimmers: 930 Dead, 698 Bloodied, 37 Injured
Dwarves: 561 Dead, 442 Bloodied, 404 Injured, 93 Uninjured
Peasants: 166 Dead, 7 Uninjured. 12 more join-in
Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:XPs for the Skill Challenge, the Combats, and the Minor Quest: "Scout the Location where Dwarves Dissappeared Earlier Today" ... 560 Each (Bringing Everyone to 7518. That's enough for 6th Level, but let's wait until Verity and Mordax are out of combat to do the levelling-up precedure).

O.O.C. - Sweet! Sixth level!

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Swifthand wrote:“WHOA THERE!”

I roll through the gate and bring the Iron Hill to a skidding halt.

Stepping out of the back, bow in one hand, I stride over to the Sergeant, my other hand raised in greeting.

“Greetings. I am an ally. My name is Davin Fletcher, and this is Reed Canfield of the Imperial Rangers, on special assignment from the High General to scout the eastern hills. I have intelligence that I need to get to him. Three of my team should have just preceded me.”

“Sergeant, I need two of your men to secure these captured dwarven weapons. They work on blackpowder, and would be potent against dwarves trying to take the gate. If you could get some, two men could fire these weapons.”

Assuming the Sergeant supplies two men, I show one how to drive and fire the Iron Hill cannon and tell Reed to do the same.

“Reed – go to the Archery fields and get the Rangers. Bring them back here. Keep to the rooftops. Be swift, be unseen. If you are engaged, hit them once and run, heading towards here. Have the others do the same. I am going to warn the High General.

I pull out the lizardman horn and show it to him. "Remember this? If you hear it, head towards the horn." I shake Reeds arm high on the wrist. “See you soon.”

“Sergeant, any word from Command?" If the Sergeant mentions that gates have been sealed shut, I suggest that the Sergeant have the two men assigned to the Iron Hills follow me and head to the training grounds. "I will try to send the Imperial Rangers here to aid your men. Hold these gates. I will be back. O, and Sergeant, a piece of advice.”

”Don’t drink from your indoor fountains; there are Dwarves in the pipes. I would spread the word along the wall.”

I lower my sleeve to Hounds nose, giving him my scent. “Cyl! Thylyrn!" ("Hound! Follow!")

I move to the rooftops and run to brief the Generals, looking to make sure Hound is following me below. If he lags, I whistle for him. No Stealth run here, just moving max speed.

Nature check to command Hound=30
Athletics check to get on the roof=21
Endurance check to make it there=27
Perception check to see whats going on=28 (I added 2 in for Hound post roll)

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Malazek wrote:[Taking the saftest route possible, Verity & Zephyr gallop a wide turn avoiding most of the combatants; the only Dwarves close enough to capitalize on the opportunity are holding crossbows! ... That is, until the two of them rear up near the Terramancer. With a swing of his blade, Verity sends deadly symbols through the air which harm the Dwarves all around. (Two Hammerers die and five others are Bloodied; two Bolters and the Terramancer get hit).

Seeing the hole in the knight's defenses as he wields powers divine, the Terramancer takes a swing at Verity with his staff ... and connects! The Rockbender shifts away (twice), trying to create distance between him an Verity.

Now fully aware of the threat Verity poses, the Hammerers and Bolters take him more seriously. Two Hammerers rush to positions between Verity and the Rockbender, and swing their mighty hammers at him; both miss. Another one charges up behind Verity, but doesn't have the speed to set up a flank; this one misses also!!

Finally, the five Bolters caught in the blast take aim and fire. The Queen must truly have Verity's back in this fight, because all five missed!!!
OOC: I guess I'd better post for Halcyon ...

Completely surrounded, Verity urges Zypher recklessly foward, crushing everyone in the way underhoof ... until finally he can strike at the Rockbender.

Move: Trample the Hammerer and RB (to the other side of the RB)
... This provokes OAs from everyone around. Once again, they all MISS!!
... 15 and 11 vs. Reflexes. The Trample Attacks both miss, too.
... He ends his movement in an unoccpuied square adjacent to the RB.

Standard: Bolstering Strike RB: 23 vs AC, 6 Dmg. Verity gains 2 Temp HP.
Minor: None

In response, the Rockbender decides to cast despite Verity's Proximity (Verity's OA: 23 vs AC. 4 Damage) and summons forth a Cursed Molten Eruption! The field stone street under Verity melts and spews lava-spittle on the knight. (28 vs. Reflex, 19 Fire Damage and an ongoing 5 fire damage [save ends]).

The three hammerers rush to the RB's defense. Two of them race around the horse to attack Verity's rear (Verity's OAs as they rush past him: 24 and 20 vs AC, 4 damage and a miss); one of them gets a flank with RB. They both miss AGAIN! (WTF?). The third Hammerer rushes to the side of the RB, setting up a flank with the opposite Hammerer; and slamming Verity with his hammer! (28 vs AC; 12 Damage).

By now, the Imperial Archers have begun to rain down arrows upon the Dwarves in the crowd; the Dwarven Bolters respond in kind, by continuing their barrage upon the Imperials in the crowd. Things are starting to getting ugly.

But then, Verity catches a glimpse of three figures standing on the rooftop behind the battle: Alverdine and the other Maor, and they look deadly serious. Then, a grin crosses Alverdine's face, as he jumps down to street level, blades in hand. The other two follow.

As it stands ...
Verity: HP 10/51; AC 24 Fort 18 Ref 18 Will 20; Healing Surges 8/11; Lay on Hands 0/2; Action Points 0; Initiative 21.
Take 5 at the start of your turn; make a save at the end of it.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:“WHOA THERE!”
I roll through the gate and bring the Iron Hill to a skidding halt. Stepping out of the back, bow in one hand, I stride over to the Sergeant, my other hand raised in greeting. “Greetings. I am an ally. My name is Davin Fletcher, and this is Reed Canfield of the Imperial Rangers, on special assignment from the High General to scout the eastern hills. I have intelligence that I need to get to him. Three of my team should have just preceded me.”
"Hmm. If they did, they didn't announce their purpose. We have stopped noone."

Davin wrote:“Sergeant, I need two of your men to secure these captured dwarven weapons. They work on blackpowder, and would be potent against dwarves trying to take the gate. If you could get some, two men could fire these weapons.” Assuming the Sergeant supplies two men, I show one how to drive and fire the Iron Hill cannon and tell Reed to do the same.
He orders four of his men to man the stolen Warmachines, and to point them toward the hills.
"Thanks, Mr. Fletcher. We don't have powder here, but I can fillout a Req form for ya."

Davin wrote:“Reed – go to the Archery fields and get the Rangers. Bring them back here. Keep to the rooftops. Be swift, be unseen. If you are engaged, hit them once and run, heading towards here. Have the others do the same. I am going to warn the High General. I pull out the lizardman horn and show it to him. "Remember this? If you hear it, head towards the horn." I shake Reeds arm high on the wrist. “See you soon.”
He nods to indicate his understanding, and then climbs onto the adjacent building.

Davin wrote:“Sergeant, any word from Command?" If the Sergeant mentions that gates have been sealed shut, I suggest that the Sergeant have the two men assigned to the Iron Hills follow me and head to the training grounds. "I will try to send the Imperial Rangers here to aid your men. Hold these gates. I will be back."
Indeed, he does tell you about the gates and then orders two men drive the hills behind you ... as you leave he hands you a piece of parchment with his signature, requesting two barrels of black powder from the supply depot. After giving you directions to the depot (which is on the way), he says "Good luck. And thanks again!"

Davin wrote:”O and Sergeant, a piece of advice. ... Don’t drink from your indoor fountains; there are Dwarves in the pipes. I would spread the word along the wall.”
"No? That's inconvenient."

Davin wrote:I lower my sleeve to Hounds nose, giving him my scent. “Cyl! Thylyrn!" ("Hound! Follow!") I move to the rooftops and run to brief the Generals, looking to make sure Hound is following me below. If he lags, I whistle for him. No Stealth run here, just moving max speed.
Nature check to command Hound=30
Athletics check to get on the roof=21
Endurance check to make it there=27
Perception check to see whats going on=28 (I added 2 in for Hound post roll)
It's really too far to stick the rooftops the entire way, but if he's not stealthing it should be no trouble to climb down and back up again after crossing any necessary streets. But some rolls will be needed ...

Along the way, Davin passes several skirmishes below. It seems the Dwarves are striking all over the city in relatively small groups for shock troops.

As he passes from one district to another, a giant chunk of mortered stone from the sky smashes the building next to him, causing a shower of Imperial bricks and ancient stone ... fortunately, Davin saw it's shadow loom up behind him and sprinted to avoid most of the debris (Perc 28 & Althetics 21). Several pedestrains aren't so lucky ... the two Imperial Soldiers following you totally avoid the fallout, since they are still half a block behind you and protected by steel.

OOC: It's quite a ways to the Three Lions District.
Why don't you give me another set of rolls
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 46/46; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=1

Athletics check=17
Endurance check=23
Perception check=32 (I added 2 in for Hound post roll)

Arrow Count=25/30, Wrapped=28/40

-Swift
macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Mal???? did you say Alverdine plus 2 maor??? ummm...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:11 pm

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax cries "Now men, push! Send these ground-pounders tae tha' caves fraem whence they came!"

With a final thrust, Mordax KILLS the Dwarven Commander; his troops are enraged, and yours are emboldened.

Imp Swimmers: 930 Dead, 698 Bloodied, 37 Injured
Dwarves: 561 Dead, 442 Bloodied, 404 Injured, 93 Uninjured
Peasants: 166 Dead, 7 Uninjured. 12 more join-in

OOC: Arghhh! I do this for a living, yet my own connection is impossible to manage. I've been trying to post for hours now; on the off chance that this goes through, could you bounce a couple of intimidate, att, and dmg rolls for me?

Mordax lays about with trident and tongue, booming "Dwarves! I've killed yer' best, an' ye' be done! I'll let ye' walk tha' field wi' colors flyin', if ye' but turn an' return tae yer' hames!

If the dwarves retire, I shout "Soldiers! Form ranks!" and offer a salute to the valiant foe.

If they do not, I shout "Imperials! Forward an' press tha' foe! Now is tha' time! Now is tha' hour! Fer' hame! Fer' honour! Fer' tha' red god an' Empire!" and I'll seek the next in command amongst the stunted enemy.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:12 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:OOC: Hey what about us!
Malazek wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:Hey what about us!
OOC: Sorry, I was waiting on your rolls. (I realize you were using your magic in place of Athletics, but I still need some kind of rolls for that). But I'll just go ahead and roll 'em:
Alex wrote:Alex's eyes widen and his snaps a bolt of water from his waterskin as a reflex. It hovers between his hands as the building crumbles apart. He stuffs the eyepatch and the rest of the goodies into his bag and begins to follow Straegis in their run through the building. Alex attempts to protect them with his magic, sending watery bolts at any debris that might harm them in order to diverge their trajectory.

DM EDIT: I'll need some kind of rolls for that..
Straegis II wrote:Straegis grabs the book and shoves it in his pack, as the walls come crashing down he instictively grabs the princess and throws her over his shoulder. He scans the area for the best way out then turns to Alex and says, "We have to go NOW, follow me!" Straegis does his best to move quickly and carefully through the rubble to the exit making sure not to drop the princess or lose Alex. As they head outside, Straegis pays close attention to the citizens, trying to get an idea of what might have just happened.

Perception: 1d20=17+2(half-lvl)=19
Athletics: 1d20=2+11(s)=13
Endurance: 1d20=8+8(s)=16
Insight: 1d20=17+2(half-lvl)=19

Carrying the princess and looking for the best way out, Straegis runs to the stairs. Stone slabs fall from the ceiling, but Alex bats them away with his watery magic (Attack Rolls 24, 27).

As you descend the stairs, the staircase collapses; Straegis leaps to the floor below, but lands funny on the rubble. He holds onto the princess, but hurts his leg (from the 13 Athletics; 3 Damage). Alex manages to slide to safety down a frozrn slope of water (The Jump Spell; 21 Athletics).

Trying to ignorne the pain, Straegis winces in agony (Endurance 16; DC was 17) ... and labors toward the front door, weaving through the herd of scholars that are stampeding the door. The enormous stone slab above the exit cracks, and begins to fall. Saving the crowd from certian death, Alex smashes the rock with tendrils of icy water (Attack rolls 19 and ... 12) but there's just too much mass to prevent it all from hitting pedestrians. Several unlucky individuals sustain serious damage, but they'll live.

Pouring into the street with the other scholars, Straegis ignores the voices of the scholars (as they thank Alex for saving them) and pays attention to the other voices on the street instead. From what he can tell, the Dwarves have attacked! The army seems to be in terrible dissarray, and the guards are hopelessly outnumbered.

As the two heroes survey the situation, another large chunk of stone smashes half a dozen buildins down the road, a mile or so to their right.

That Skill Challenge was woth another 500 XPs each.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax lays about with trident and tongue, booming "Dwarves! I've killed yer' best, an' ye' be done! I'll let ye' walk tha' field wi' colors flyin', if ye' but turn an' return tae yer' hames!
Mordax yells for the Dwarves to surrender, but it diffuclt for him to be heard clearly over the sound of combat. Only those foes closest to him are able to hear his words, but even they don't surrender.

OOC: Intimidate roll was 14. Because of their high Will Defenses, the TN to Intimidae Hostile Dwarves is between 24 (Bolters) and 27 (Hammerers). I did give you a +2 bonus for slaying the Commander, but I also gave you a -2 penalty because only the closest of the Dwarves can actually hear you (Normal yelling is about 75 dB, but we'll say Mordax can yell at 78 dB because of CON and military background. But combat probably fluctuates between 65-115 db).

Mordax wrote:If they do not, I shout "Imperials! Forward an' press tha' foe! Now is tha' time! Now is tha' hour! Fer' hame! Fer' honour! Fer' tha' red god an' Empire!" and I'll seek the next in command amongst the stunted enemy.
While he shouts, Mordax skewers his enemies,

Skewer. 27 vs. AC. 10 Damage to one Dwarf (who dies), 3 to another (who is now bloodied).

That same bloody Dwarf attacks Mordax, but misses.

Imp Swimmers: 1378 Dead, 286 Bloodied, 1 Injured.
Dwarves: 840 Dead, 192 Bloodied, 417 Injured, 51 Uninjured.
Peasants: 185 Dead. 6 More Join-in.

By now, everyone can see that the fight is lost. The Dwarves now outnumber them by more than 2:1. Two-thirds of the casualities have been human, their corpses lying strewn about the battlefield.

The Imperial Swimmers rout, heading away from the city and into the nearby farmlands. The Dwarves cut them down as they flee.

Imp Swimmers: 1651 Dead, 14 Bloodied.
Dwarves: 848 Dead, 184 Bloodied, 417 Injured, 51 Uninjured.
Peasants: 191 Dead. 3 more arrived but fled right away.

It was a massacre.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Moving along the rooftops with Hound and the Hills following him, Davin makes great time; nobody pays any heed to a stray mutt and the hills are well-protected from most attacks. Twice, however, the hills are stopped by guards; but the soliders explain, and are quickly sent on their way again.

Just before he reaches the Three Lions District, Davin comes face to face with someone else travelling the rooftops: an old Dwarven crone, on the building across the street. She is wearing a dirty old peasants' dress and her gray hair is braided in the typical Dwarven style. Lifting her head, she stares right a Davin; a sinister grin creeping across her face.

Something about her seems familiar.
Then, Davin realizes what it is.

She bears a slight resemblance to Agatha!
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:13 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis decides the only thing to do is head immediately back to the military base, he sets the princess down and says "Are you alright princess, can you run?" He turns to Alex and says "Are you ok, can you run? We need to head back to the base. I have an idea but we'll need some assistance. Let's go!" Straegis will set off towards the base making sure to keep a keen eye, and cover if necessary, on the princess. He scans the sky for a glimpse of any incoming projectiles and makes appropriate changes in course to dodge them. Straegis will continue to run for as long as possible, never outpacing or leaving Alex or the princess.

Perception: 1d20=19+2(half-lvl)=21
Streetwise: 1d20=15+2(half-lvl)+2(maps?)=19?
Athletics: 1d20=1+11(s)=12
Streetwise: 1d20=17+2(half-lvl)+2(maps?)=21?
Endurance: 1d20=13+8(s)=21

O.O.C.: Not sure if I get the +2 from the maps or if I can get it from just having come from there, plz edit if necessary.

DM EDIT: Sure, you can get +2 from the maps if you're willing to stop and look for them; +1 if you're looking at them on the run.
Alex will need to provide similiar rolls (of he's just following Straegis, I'll still need two athletics rolls and 1 endurance roll).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP 27+2/51; AC 24 Fort 18 Ref 18 Will 20; Healing Surges 8/11; Lay on Hands 0/2; Action Points 0; Initiative 21.

Reeling, Verity takes another draught of the Medical Officer’s elixir, then brings his blade down on the blood-covered Hammerer. He returns Alverdine’s wicked smile by way of greeting. The fiery lava covering him cools and crumbles away, replaced by the preternatural glow of his armor. “Death for the Raven Queen! Glory for the Empire!”

Minor: Drink healing potion
Standard: Bolstering strike bloodied Hammerer 27 to hit vs AC, 7 dmg
Save vs lava damage: 12
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:14 pm

I ignore the Dwarven Hag, continuing to my goal.

Athletics check=17(I added a +2 circumstance bonus because I used fences to boost myself up)
Endurance check=22
Perception check=24 (I added 2 in for Hound post roll)

Arrow Count=25/30, Wrapped=28/40

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:Reeling, Verity takes another draught of the Medical Officer’s elixir, then brings his blade down on the blood-covered Hammerer. He returns Alverdine’s wicked smile by way of greeting. The fiery lava covering him cools and crumbles away, replaced by the preternatural glow of his armor. “Death for the Raven Queen! Glory for the Empire!”

Minor: Drink healing potion
Standard: Bolstering strike bloodied Hammerer 27 to hit vs AC, 7 dmg
Save vs lava damage: 12
Alverdine and the two other Maor sweep through the crowd, swinging their blades with scythe-like movements; half a dozen Dwarves fall within seconds.

The bolters continue to fire into the crowd; as do the archers.
Two bolts even stick into Verity's shield; a couple arrows hit the Dwarves around him.

Verity sips from the medical officer's flask (which he never returned) and slashes the bloody dwarf ... who simply refuses to fall.

All three hammers swing away at Verity. All three connect.
(27 Damage leaves Verity with 2 HP).

The Rockbender cautiously backs away from Verity, and then runs away.
Move: Shift 1 Away. Standard: Run 7 towards the alley.

And then, Davin Fletcher shows up, followed by Hound and two mobile metal domes.

A maniacal cackle follows you as you run from the Hag ...

Sometime after picking up your requisition, you find yourself overlooking a violent clash. Dwarven bolters and Imperial archers on opposite sides; combatants of both races swinging it out in the midst of the street; Alverdine and two other Maor killing Dwarves indescriminately; and Verity, looking the worse for wear, atop Zephyr and surrounded by hostile bearded guys.

OOC: She ignores you too, but her hideous laughter haunts you.
Your running Skill Challange nets 400 for all (8418 is the new total)
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next