Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 9 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 46/46; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 54/54; AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8

Quickly surveying the battle below and seeing my friend in need, I bring my Hunting Horn up to my mouth.

BRAOOO! BRAOOO!

Then, I point to the Hammerer's surrounding Verity and send two arrows into the blood covered Dwarf facing the knight. "Cyl, Eiras!" ("Hound, Attack")

Round 1
Free - Command Hound to attack the nearest Dwarf flanking Verity
Minor - Designate Dwarf as my Hunter's Quarry
Move - Sound my Hunting Horn
Standard - Twin Strike bloodied Dwarf flanking Verity
Minor - Lick chops at the prospect of more Dwarf blood
Move - Run over to a Dwarf flanking Verity, setting up a flank (not the one I attacked)
Standard - Bite Hammerer

Nature check=31
Twin Strike 1=27, Twin Strike 2=19
TS1 Damage=11, TS2 Damage=miss
Hunter's Quarry Damage=5
Bite Attack=13
Bite Damage=miss

Arrow Count=23/30, Wrapped=28/40

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 9 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP 17/51; AC 24 Fort 18 Ref 18 Will 20; Healing Surges 8/11; Lay on Hands 0/2; Action Points 0; Initiative 21.

"Comrades, aid me - the Rockbender must die!" Verity bellows over the din before draining his bottle.
The frothing and wild-eyed Zephyr thunders over the dwarf and positions to block his escape.

Minor: Drink potion
Move: Shift away from the remaining attackers
Move: Trample the Terramancer 22 to hit, 12 damage and knocked prone.
Diplomacy: 25 to get others to pursue the Rockbender
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:Quickly surveying the battle below and seeing my friend in need, I bring my Hunting Horn up to my mouth.
BRAOOO! BRAOOO!
Then, I point to the Hammerer's surrounding Verity and send two arrows into the blood covered Dwarf facing the knight.
"Cyl, Eiras!" ("Hound, Attack")
Davin fires two quick arrows; one lodges itself in the Dwarf's axe-handle, the other in his heart. Hound pounces on another Dwarf, harmlessly biting his grieves.

The two hills fire their cannons at the stone covered gate (27 & 33 Damage) ... but the gate holds firm.

Verity wrote:"Comrades, aid me - the Rockbender must die!" Verity bellows over the din before draining his bottle. The frothing and wild-eyed Zephyr thunders over the dwarf and positions to block his escape.
Cautiously backing away from the two Dwarves before him, Verity turns and bolts after the Rockbender, attempting to run him down. The dwarf fruitlessly swings his staff at Verity as the spirited charger tramples over him; suffering hoof over hoof, the terramancer still doesn't fall (or even fall down)!

Only a few soldiers are able to break away from the melee, but those few run to support Verity ... but the Rockbender feds off their charges with his staff.

Then, he summons forth a great stone hand from the alley floor;* the stone hand grabs, crushes, and throws one of the soldiers. The dead trooper lies crumpled against the wall he was thrown at (27 Damage).

*As he casts, the three soldiers swing at the RB; all three burying their swords in his side (11, 11, and 4 damage) ... Verity does also (I rolled it for you to save time: 23 to hit, 5 damage).

The Rockbender is finally Bloodied.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP 17/51; AC 24 Fort 18 Ref 18 Will 20; Healing Surges 8/11; Lay on Hands 0/2; Action Points 0; Initiative 21.
HP 58; AC 17; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 14; Healing Surges 8/8

Verity swings down from the saddle that the powerful steed may attack as well. "Woe to the hand that moves the traitors, death to their commander!" A straight thrust of his blade strikes true. Zephyr lashes out with his hooves, neighing lustily.

Verity
Move: Dismount to flanking position
Standard: Fearsome Smite the Rockbender, 27 to hit, 6 dmg (OCC: snake eyes. Phah!) and the Rockbender is -2 to hit until after my next round.
Diplomacy: 27 to call more troops over

Zephyr
Standard: Kick the Rockbender, 22 to hit, 10 dmg
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:BRAOOO! BRAOOO!
Just to be clear ... Mordax hears the hornblast.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 46/46; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=0
Hound: HP 54/54; AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8

I step over to the edge of the Blacksmith that I am standing on and silently send a feathered shaft into the ankle of the Rockbender. Almost magically, another arrow appears nocked, and I bury it i deep behind the Terramancer's ear.

Then, I whistle to Hound, getting his attention. "Cyl, Eiras!" ("Hound, Attack!") I point to the Rockbender and Hound charges opposite Verity, biting at the Dwarf.

Round 2
Free: Command Hound to Bite the Rockbender
Move - Step over to the edge of the alley allowing me to attack the Rockbender
Minor - Designate Rockbender as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Hunter's Bear Trap Rockbender
Action Point Standard - Excruciating Shot Rockbender
Minor - Decides Rockbender's are tastier
Move - To flank the Rockbender with Verity
Standard - Bite Rockbender

Nature check=33 (NATCH!)
Hunter's Bear Trap=27
Hunter's Bear Trap Damage=19
Hunter's Quarry Damage=1
Excruciating Shot=24
Excruciating Shot Damage=22
Bite Attack=17
Bite Damage=miss

(The Rockbender is Slowed, is taking 5 ongoing, and Weakened, save ends.)

Arrow Count=21/30, Wrapped=28/40

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:Verity swings down from the saddle that the powerful steed may attack as well. "Woe to the hand that moves the traitors, death to their commander!" A straight thrust of his blade strikes true. Zephyr lashes out with his hooves, neighing lustily.
Davin wrote:I step over to the edge of the Blacksmith that I am standing on and silently send a feathered shaft into the ankle of the Rockbender. Almost magically, another arrow appears nocked, and I bury it i deep behind the Terramancer's ear.

Then, I whistle to Hound, getting his attention. "Cyl, Eiras!" ("Hound, Attack!") I point to the Rockbender and Hound charges opposite Verity, biting at the Dwarf.
Verity jumps down from the saddle, bringing his fearsome blade down upon the Rockbender; as Zephyr rears and clangs his hoofs against the stony armor of the mage. He yells for more help, simply hoping that SOMEONE will hear him over the sounds of battle.

Responding to the call?? Davin and Hound step to Davin's aid. Arrows bury themselves in the Rockbender's ankle and mastoid, as a Hound joins Zephyr in his attempt to bite the terramancer's rocky shell ... the Terrmancer beats the dog with his staff as the mutt tries to yank his feet out from under him (5 Damage).

Then, he turns other end of his staff on Verity, relying on his dwarven military training (this is no time for spells); his powerful buttend knocks Verity to the ground (10 Damage and knocked Prone).

The two remaining soldiers that followed Verity down the ally clamor for position, and stab wickedly with their swords (5 and 9 damage).

The Rockbender is finished.
And the sound of cannons reverberates from the market square.

300 XPs (brings everyone to 8718)
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Malazek wrote:
Straegis II wrote:Straegis decides the only thing to do is head immediately back to the military base, he sets the princess down and says "Are you alright princess, can you run?" He turns to Alex and says "Are you ok, can you run? We need to head back to the base. I have an idea but we'll need some assistance. Let's go!" Straegis will set off towards the base making sure to keep a keen eye, and cover if necessary, on the princess. He scans the sky for a glimpse of any incoming projectiles and makes appropriate changes in course to dodge them. Straegis will continue to run for as long as possible, never outpacing or leaving Alex or the princess.

Perception: 1d20=19+2(half-lvl)=21
Athletics: 1d20=13+11(s)=24
Streetwise: 1d20=15+2(half-lvl)+2(maps?)=19?
Perception: 1d20=18+2(half-lvl)=20
Athletics: 1d20=1+11(s)=12
Streetwise: 1d20=17+2(half-lvl)+2(maps?)=21?
Endurance: 1d20=13+8(s)=21

O.O.C.: Not sure if I get the +2 from the maps or if I can get it from just having come from there, plz edit if necessary.

DM EDIT: Sure, you can get +2 from the maps if you're willing to stop and look for them; +1 if you're looking at them on the run. Alex will need to provide similiar rolls (of he's just following Straegis, I'll still need two athletics rolls and 1 endurance roll).
Okay, Alex's rolls are 18, 8, and 12.

The princess nods that she's okay, and then the heroic trio is off; racing through the streets at breakneck speeds. Dodging the incoming destruction, trying to find the best route, and running as hard as he can, Straegis leads his companions toward the Three Lions District.

The sounds of battle fill the air, coming from all directions. The thick traffic of the city has all but vanished, retreated into their threatened homes. Listening for the sounds of heavy conflict, Straegis takes the safest routes he can.

Things are going fine at first, but the heroes eventually must run through a portion of the city that has been devastated by the siege. Busted cobblestone streets and bricks from collapsed buildings fill the streets, significantly slowly the groups progress (Athletics 12 and 8). A lot of time is lost getting through here.

But once they're through the debris, they are off again, running as fast as they can. The guards at the gates make no effort to stop them, simply yelling "Find shelter! Get to safety!!" as pedestrians pass through.

When they draw near, Alex gets a stitch in his side (Endurance 12). He really needs to take a breather (OOC: You can take a short rest, or you can spend a healing surge and press on; your choice).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Mordax ...
Malazek wrote:The Imperial Swimmers rout, heading away from the city and into the nearby farmlands.
The Dwarves cut them down as they flee.
It was a massacre.

Imp Swimmers: 1651 Dead, 14 Bloodied.
Dwarves: 848 Dead, 184 Bloodied, 417 Injured, 51 Uninjured.
Peasants: 191 Dead. 3 more arrived but fled right away.
Well, it's ben 24 for tWK, so I guess I'll post for him. I was really hoping not to, because this could've be a realy character-defining moment ..

Surrounded by hundrends of Dwarves, Mordax knows he'll be slain whether he fights alone or tries to run (Fight 652 Dwarves? Or run through 26 Opportunity Attacks? Eek). Unable to flee and unwise to fight, Mordax still cannot bring himself to surrender ... so he just stands there. Waiting.

Finally, a Dwarven Subcommander addresses him "Valiant fight, soldier, but the battle is ours. The Commander you slew was my kin, but I understand that WAR is not personal. I will allow you to surrender, because even I can see that killing you would cost me several men ... but I have more than 'several' right here. Lay down your gig, if you will."

The sound of explosions in the distance signal that the war carries on.

Just then, some of the other Dwarves begin arguing in their own tongue; something has gone wrong, and they are in disagreement about what to do about it.

580 XPs for Fight brings everyone to 9298.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:The clash and clamor of the battle finally a short way removed, Verity indulges in a brief moment of respite, lying where he fell, panting from the desperate fight. He rises to kneeling and offers a short prayer of thanks to the Queen. "Endless Nameless; only by your grace do I remain apart from your realm. Grant me the strength that I not disappoint Thee." He touches his Raven talisman to his lips.
Then to Davin and the others, "Thanks friends, your bravery does great service to the empire, and to me." His eyes move to the fallen soldier who came to his defense only to be crushed by the Rockbender's curse, lying grotesquely like a marionette with cut strings. He unclasps his own tattered robe and shakes off the last of the smoldering ash. Verity carefully rolls the corpse onto it and closes the man's eyes, that they be frozen in agony no longer. "Tell his family he will be prepared for services at the High Temple of the Raven Queen on the morrow. A Priest there will have his belongings." He scoops two heavy handfuls of gold coins into the belt pouch of the fallen soldier and folds the funeral wrapping to cover the man.
"Now if one of you could stay here a moment and help me get these two on my horse..."
Halcyon wrote:
Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Macks asked me to look into a gold piece discrepancy on his character. I think TWK, Macks, and maybe Halcyon all missed their cut of the dragon stuff we pawned when we first arrived (it's discussed on page 25-26 of last chapter). Everyone should have gotten 1,000gp out of that cut. Does that look right to you, Mal?

DM EDIT: Yeah. 5000 split 5 ways.

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Maybe a little less, Alex bought some rituals and components, I think it was around 1300-1400 total. I wasn't sure.
OCC: Alex bought 3 rituals totaling 300gp and 1000gp of components so we get 3700; split 5 ways = 740 each.
Mal: Do we get an Action Point?

DM EDIT: Actually, when you didn't purchase the full tome, people decided not to pitch-in. So, the split was 1000 gp each ... Alex sprang for the rituals and components out of pocket. That's all on page 24 of Chapter 2.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Malazek wrote:
Halcyon wrote:Mal: Do we get an Action Point?
Mordax gets one. Swifthand got one and spent it already. Straegis and Alex haven't been in a fight yet to earn one.
Verity will get one when this fight is over (that is, when the battle is the market square is over)
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 46/46; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=0
Hound: HP 49/54; AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8

I nod at Verity and then step back over to the other side of the Blacksmith, sending two arrows into a bloodied Bolter.

Round 3
Free - Command Hound to Bite the Rockbender
Move - Step over to the edge of the Blacksmith allowing me to attack a bloodied Bolter
Minor - Designate bloodied Bolter as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Twin Strike bloodied Bolter
Minor - Move to fresh meat
Move - To flank a Dwarf opposite an Imperial
Standard - Bite Dwarf

Nature check=21 (Hound does not attack)
Twin Strike 1=21, Twin Strike 2=22
TS1 Damage=5, TS2 Damage=5
Hunter's Quarry Damage=8
Bite Attack=n/a
Bite Damage=n/a

Arrow Count=19/30, Wrapped=28/40

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:21 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Making executive decision now, spend healing surge to keep moving.
Straegis II: HP:49/49 AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14 Healing Surges:4/8 Action Points:0
DM EDIT: Straegis doesn't have to spend a surge; he made his Endurance roll.
Alex had to spend one because he rolled an 8.

Straegis will keep moving trying and keep an eye out for his friends or any of the generals he met earlier. He asks Alex and the princess to do the same and he quickly heads for the last place he saw everyone.

Perception: 1d20=11+2(half-lvl)+2(assistance?)=15?
Athletics: 1d20=9+11(s)=20

O.O.C.2: I put a mod. in with the percep. roll because all three of us are looking for the same thing, if its not right feel free to edit. I want to keep moving fast so I don't know if one roll is enough, just let me know.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:21 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex follows, doing whatever he can to help.

(I will let you do the rolls; my arcana mod is +12, which is the most important. I will help in any way possible)
Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:Alex follows, doing whatever he can to help.
Perception 14 to Aid (Take 10), Athletics 22 (Natch). Arcana 30.
Straegis II wrote:Straegis will keep moving trying and keep an eye out for his friends or any of the generals he met earlier. He asks Alex and the princess to do the same and he quickly heads for the last place he saw everyone.
Perception: 1d20=11+2(half-lvl)+2(assistance?)=15?
Athletics: 1d20=9+11(s)=20
Straegis, Alex, and Rhyannon race through the Three Lions District toward the training fields, looking for their allies and trying to avoid Dwarves. Eventually, they round a corner and see the gate up ahead; but it's been covered over with solid stone! The sounds of battle emanate from that direction, and a row of Imperial soldiers can be seen up ahead firing at something that is out of sight.

Then, two massive explosions hit the stone-covered gate, sending a cloud or dust and rubble to the street below ... but the obstacle stands. Alex easily identifies the rockwall as terrmanacer magic, akin to the kind of rituals Imilities use to create long-standing walls of ice ... but he has no idea what is causing the explosions (not from this distance).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:22 pm

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:The clash and clamor of the battle finally a short way removed, Verity indulges in a brief moment of respite, lying where he fell, panting from the desperate fight. He rises to kneeling and offers a short prayer of thanks to the Queen. ...
"Now if one of you could stay here a moment and help me get these two on my horse..."
Davin wrote:I nod at Verity and then step back over to the other side of the Blacksmith, sending two arrows into a bloodied Bolter.
OOC: It sounds like you are continuing your attack WHILE Verity is praying and attending to bodies, correct? Davin rains down arrows on the Bolters below, killing one with his first two shots (like fish in a barrel). Confused by the cacaphony of sounds, Hound attacks a small rat further down the alley.

Alverdine and the other Maor have left a path of bodies in their wake. The Bolters continue to fire at the crowd. The Archers continue to fire back. Hammerers, Soldiers, and Guards continue to duke it out in the market square. And the cannons continue to batter the rockwall.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Mordax ...
Malazek wrote:Just then, some of the other Dwarves begin arguing in their own tongue; something has gone wrong, and they are in disagreement about what to do about it.
Executve Decision of tWK: Mordax reluctantly hands over his trident.

Insight 16: Listening to his enemies' forereign tongue, Mordax discerns what the arguement is about. Their messenger was slain in the battle, and now they don't know what to do; with the Commander dead, the Subcommander needs to make an executive decision without the information he needs to do so.

Silencing his subordinates with a raise of his hands, the Subcommander turns to those closest to Mordax and says "Bring him." Then, he walks toward the river; two Hammerers and a Bolter prod Mordax along as they follow their leader (one of them is still holding the trident, as well).

After a few dozen yards, they enter a small encampment; tents, supply wagons, and mules forming a neat circle around a small fire. On the other side of the camp are several strange objects wooden platforms. Each of the platforms consist of two large logs connected by narrow steel beams, overwhich a flat surface of boards has been built; iron rings have been bolted along two sides of each. They almost look like rafts. There are dozens of these "rafts" piled up and leaning againts trees. Next to them are giant spools wrapped with ridiculously long chains.

The Subcommander lifts a telescope from one of the tents, and heads to the river. The guard-dwarfs follow, bringing Mordax with them. When they reach the bank, the Subcommander raises the telescope to his eye and studies the the training fields through it's lens.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hound: HP 49/54; AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8

Malazek wrote:OOC: It sounds like you are continuing your attack WHILE Verity is praying and attending to bodies, correct?
Correct.

I whistle and get Hound's attention, commanding him back to the fight, and then send two more arrows into the Bolters.
Round 4
Move - Command Hound to Bite a Dwarf
Minor - Designate bloodied Bolter as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Twin Strike Bolter
Minor - Move to fresh meat
Move - To flank a Dwarf opposite an Imperial
Standard - Bite Dwarf

Twin Strike 1=24, Twin Strike 2=29 (Natch!)
TS1 Damage=5, TS2 Damage=12
Hunter's Quarry Damage=5
Bite Attack=20
Bite Damage=miss

Arrow Count=17/30, Wrapped=28/40

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:23 pm

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:Surrounded by hundrends of Dwarves, Mordax knows he'll be slain whether he fights alone or tries to run (Fight 652 Dwarves? Or run through 26 Opportunity Attacks? Eek). Unable to flee and unwise to fight, Mordax still cannot bring himself to surrender ... so he just stands there. Waiting.

Finally, a Dwarven Subcommander addresses him "Valiant fight, soldier, but the battle is ours. The Commander you slew was my kin, but I understand that WAR is not personal. I will allow you to surrender, because even I can see that killing you would cost me several men ... but I have more than 'several' right here. Lay down your gig, if you will."

The sound of explosions in the distance signal that the war carries on.

Just then, some of the other Dwarves begin arguing in their own tongue; something has gone wrong, and they are in disagreement about what to do about it.

Mordax surveys the dire situation, realizing immediately the implications of linked platforms near the very river that cost so many lives just moments before. He says nothing, but listens, trying to catch any opportunity for evasion.

1d20=3 = remember to stick with passive senses from herein.

OOC: Yay! Finally back amongst the living. Moved in with a landline and decent download speed.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:BRAOOO! BRAOOO!
Just to be clear ... Mordax hears the hornblast.

OOC: When? Before or after the surrender?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:"W-W...What do we do?!"

----------------
Arcana: 13 >.< (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1823433/) Can we get the wall down with anything?
----------------

"I don't know if we can get that wall down...What do we do Straegis?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:I whistle and get Hound's attention, commanding him back to the fight, and then send two more arrows into the Bolters.
Davin kills another wounded Bolter and Hound runs back into the melee. The fight continues much as before, with the tide turning in your favor. Moments later, the Dwarves are defeated. 12 or 15 of them retreat in different directions, and 4 surrender; the rest of them are lying dead in the market square.

OOC: I already counted the XPs for this battle in with those I awarded for the Rockbender (in the 14th post of the 14th page).
The battle was worth 140, the RB was worth another 160
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:OOC: When? Before or after the surrender?
Just moments before.

Mordax wrote:Mordax surveys the dire situation, realizing immediately the implications of linked platforms near the very river that cost so many lives just moments before. He says nothing, but listens, trying to catch any opportunity for evasion.
Perception 6
"Damn," the Subcommander mutters, "looks like we're late to the party. And the Imperials almost seem to be holding their own. Almost, I said. They WILL fall; it's just going to take a little longer than expected."

Turning back to Mordax, he says "Congratulations. You and your team have managed to buy a few more moments of life for your countrymen ... but it won't be enough. Stay and watch. You might learn something about the brutal efficiency of Dwarves. If you stay out of the way, I might even let you live when all of this is said and done."

tWK wrote:OOC: Yay! Finally back amongst the living. Moved in with a landline and decent download speed.
OOC: Awesome! Welcome back."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"W-W...What do we do?! ... I don't know if we can get that wall down...What do we do Straegis?"
Suddenly, the distant soldiers you've been watching begin to cheer; raising their bows to sky and screaming with excitement. But the explosions on the wall continue, causing larger and larger sections of stone to peel off.
magicspellz12 wrote:"I wonder...could that be the firebender?" Alex turns to Straegis. "What do we do. We must keep ourselves" He glances to the princess, but hopes he didn't make it too obvious that his only concern is protecting her. "Safe...but...we should also be helping. Straegis; you are the war man. What do we do?!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Malazek wrote:Alex & Straegis ...

The Princess says "It appears that we've won the fight up ahead. Perhaps we should go to them and find out what is happening? Obviously, the invasion has begun; but where are the Imperial troops? Where is my brother and his archers? ... your companions? And the High General? Junior-Marshal, I think we should go forward and find out, but I will defer to your expertise in this matter."
magicspellz12 wrote:"As long as you agree. Then thats fine. I wouldn't want any of...erm...us...to be in danger without proper reason."

Alex will begin to walk forward; even though he clearly belongs at the back, Straegis can probably defend the princess more easily.
macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis replies, "Alex, you and the princess stay behind, move slowly and keep an eye on me for a sign. I will move ahead to survey the scene." Straegis will run ahead quickly, stopping only when he is about to lose sight of Alex and the princess. When he gets to corners, hilltops, etc. he will motion for them to advance. He will head toward the cheering while trying not to be too obvious.

Perception: 1d20=16+2(half-lvl)=18
Athletics: 1d20=12+11(s)=23
Perception: 1d20=16+2(half-lvl)=18
Athletics: 1d20=12+11(s)=23
Stealth: 1d20=2+2(half-lvl)=4

O.O.C.: Magic, I think we posted at the same time Smile Unless you insist I'll go ahead, maybe a stealth roll for you???
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:25 pm

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:OOC: When? Before or after the surrender?
Just moments before.

Mordax wrote:Mordax surveys the dire situation, realizing immediately the implications of linked platforms near the very river that cost so many lives just moments before. He says nothing, but listens, trying to catch any opportunity for evasion.
Perception 6
"Damn," the Subcommander mutters, "looks like we're late to the party. And the Imperials almost seem to be holding their own. Almost, I said. They WILL fall; it's just going to take a little longer than expected."

Turning back to Mordax, he says "Congratulations. You and your team have managed to buy a few more moments of life for your countrymen ... but it won't be enough. Stay and watch. You might learn something about the brutal efficiency of Dwarves. If you stay out of the way, I might even let you live when all of this is said and done."

Chuckling, the fisherman wipes the blood from his face with the back of his hand.

"Did ye' no hear tha' horn, laddie?" says he, "Tha's tha' sound o' victory. Yuir troops 'ave been repulsed, shortbeard, oor tha' sound would've been verrry different."

Mordax continues chuckling, shaking his head.

Intimidate to shake their resolve: 1d20=16+7 = 23
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next