Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 16 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Swifthand wrote:I grasp the Prince's forearm in greeting.

"Aer kyr eir oli tal thasi ail shas. Ai shalaer sai koli o baern os os moraes. Ai marn caes maraelia syl ei vysar shas sai si Thaestaer. Mi air mari. Eilai, eil caer sor cer thys si sosti shael, si Aestaesys air paer, eir eisi maelaesar os si Kaelaesar. Pazer Thaesar air si baes ail jholi, eil tesaelia jhaer si eisor os si Aestosi."
("As good as one can fare in war. I wanted to give you news of your sister. I saw her safely through a portal back to the Femdrell. She is safe. Also, and keep this quiet for the time being, the Emperor is dead, as are several of the Generals. Draxus Ferall is the next in line, and currently leads the armies of the Empire.")

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 16 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"Can we really bring about magical peace and freedom by destroying each other?"
"Eh? What? Peace and freedom?"

Alex wrote:"Perhaps the dwarves here do, perhaps not. I doubt they came with a minds to destroying their own Nexus."
"No, I doubt they did. They came to capture it, I'm sure."

Alex wrote:"Do you know how to destroy the 7 hills? Does destroying the symbol destroy the nexus? Like smashing the Wise stone, felling the Host Tower?"
"I don't know, but I have half a mind to find out."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:I grasp the Prince's forearm in greeting. "Aer kyr eir oli tal thasi ail shas. Ai shalaer sai koli o baern os os moraes. Ai marn caes maraelia syl ei vysar shas sai si Thaestaer. Mi air mari. Eilai, eil caer sor cer thys si sosti shael, si Aestaesys air paer, eir eisi maelaesar os si Kaelaesar. Pazer Thaesar air si baes ail jholi, eil tesaelia jhaer si eisor os si Aestosi."
Gripping Davin's arm in return, Halfare replies in whsiper "Sal o thys tolol sai caes maraeria, Ai eis vaesylalia karaerer thys air ... Paer? ... Shaer, Ai eis kar air air Ferall, ci air ei shori tal." (Thank you for minding to her safety, I am personally grateful for it... Dead? ... Well, I am glad it is Ferall, he is a wise man).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax finds a convenient place to sit and pulls out his whetstone, slowly whiling away the time sharpening his new-found sword. The only sound is the constant rasp rasp as he hones a razor-sharp edge on the killing implement.
Draxus Ferall approaches Moradax, and says, "Mordax, my boy, your mission must have met with SOME success. We noticed when the Dwarves attacked that there was a significant gap in their lines, right about where you crossed the river. You can't tell me you didn't have SOMETHING to do with that. But whatever happened to the 3000? Did our victory cost us their lives?"

"Wait, what's that? A sword? Where is your trident?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:39 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"Can we really bring about magical peace and freedom by destroying each other?"
"Eh? What? Peace and freedom?"

"Peace and freedom for mages of our kind! No one element should strive to be above the others. Whilst I'll admit the dwarves are acting rather rockheaded in their actions I don't think destruction of another Nexus would be a good thing. But, then again, perhaps balance would be restored by destroying them. I'm trying to look at the big picture here, what happens if so many nexuses get destroyed our arts get changed in some way?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Paying attention to the conversation between Alex and Aodhan, Straegis suddenly has a question "Do you know someone named Siquerod?" Straegis pays close attention to Aodhan as he responds, looking for visible fumbles or deliberately deceptive reactions.
Perception: 1d20=4+3(half-lvl)=7
Insight: 1d20=13+3(half-lvl)=16
Straegis continues after Aodhan's response, "It seems that the dwarves have some fear of him, or at least of something he is working on now. Alex, perhaps we should see if he can still be located?"

O.O.C. been kinda ill last couple days, i'm tryin to keep up tho Smile
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:I nod at the Prince.

"Mysti ailaelondraeli. Si Pasael Aisyl Cor maendri shaedyl - air'm shaejaer air ei thastol eisyrn pyrn air'm thyl shasaer. Oli oraes sol. Si aelaestia car ailolaraer si maerdaes. Shael air val sylol, si shor shi thydaer. Ai pyl's cyrn ais eilia Pasaer shor shar ailai si volaes, sher air tae shi ei kyr odyseloria thys os eisaes. Ai ter kaer shas. Pai o cali eilia taerandri thys ti sai tyli sai si Kaelaesar?" ("Some intelligence. The Dwarven Iron Hill siege weapon - it's weakness is a flaming arrow down it's front barrel. One other thing. The enemy has infiltrated the sewers. When it rains tonight, they will be flooded. I don't know if any Dwarves will wash into the river, but it may be a good opportunity for your archers. I must get back. Do you have any message for me to convey to the General?")

After I hear the Prince's response, I turn and head back to the party and Ferall's HQ.

Stealth check=22,24
Athletics check=27
Perception check=26

O.O.C. - Everyone give yourselves 17 gold, 19 silver, and 64 copper when I get back to the HQ.

O.O.C. 2 - What say we win this war tonight! How about we lead an attack on the siege weapons tonight coordinating with the rain with as many troops we can muster (Calvary?). There are still several Generals left. BOOM! Major blow struck! Dwarves flooded outta sewers, major damage to siege engines, Helfare's elves strike the river, maybe get the Lt. Colonel to enlist some of his "shady folk" for the counterattack! If Agatha shows up in time, lights out! Convince Aodhan to join the sneak attack! ALL WE GOTTA DO IS SNACK ON THE STONEMEAL BISCUITS!! (Stonemeal Biscuits=win) TIme for some Heroic Intervention!! What do you guys think?

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:"Let me stop you there Straegis. I have met this man, just an ordinary -or so it seemed at the time- mage. He was researching a spell in the library near me and I just asked him what he was doing. He was a nice chap. I'm sure a mage powerful enough to research his own magic would have survived the danger of the library, but I'm sure he's at home or teleported far away from here now. Unless he was in the Mage Corps. Ask the Lt. Mage from earlier."

Alex finds the man who cast the spells for him, if he's still around, and enquires about this fellow with a description too. "Do you know a mage named Siquerod?"

---------------------
ooc-Alex would prefer to take things slow and steady. It's the mages way.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:... what happens if so many nexuses get destroyed our arts get changed in some way?"
It has already changed.

Straegis II wrote:Paying attention to the conversation between Alex and Aodhan, Straegis suddenly has a question "Do you know someone named Siquerod?"
Alex wrote:"Let me stop you there Straegis. I have met this man, just an ordinary ... mage ... researching a spell ... nice chap. I'm sure a ... he's at home ... Unless he was in the Mage Corps ..." Alex finds the man who cast the spells for him
As Alex runs off in search of the Lt. Mage, Aodhan replies to Straegis. "Of course, I know Siqerod. He's extremely well read, even when compared to the other so-called mages in the city.

Straegis wrote:Straegis continues after Aodhan's response, "It seems that the dwarves have some fear of him, or at least of something he is working on now. Alex, perhaps we should see if he can still be located?
Indeed. But before you get your hopes up, I feel I should mention that while he's more than sedulous when it comes to reading, he rarely ever concerns himself with the rest of the world ... and as far as I know, has NEVER involved himself in any sort of combat."

Alex wrote:Alex finds the man who cast the spells for him,if he's still around, and enquires about this fellow with a description too. "Do you know a mage named Siquerod?"
"Yeah, certianly. I mentioned him to you earlier, remember? Why is here?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"Mysti ailaelondraeli. Si Pasael Aisyl Cor maendri shaedyl - air'm shaejaer air ei thastol eisyrn pyrn air'm thyl shasaer. Oli oraes sol. Si aelaestia car ailolaraer si maerdaes. Shael air val sylol, si shor shi thydaer. Ai pyl's cyrn ais eilia Pasaer shor shar ailai si volaes, sher air tae shi ei kyr odyseloria thys os eisaes. Ai ter kaer shas. Pai o cali eilia taerandri thys ti sai tyli sai si Kaelaesar?"
Helfare responds, "Yes, tell Draxus that we shall be watching the rivers. If any of Dwarves survive the torrent, we shall fill them full of arrows as they climb, wet and bedraggled, from the city's sewers! I sense that the battle here is nearing it's end; the Dwarves will not return to this worthless field. Peace to you, Palol, and good hunting!" With a momentary hand sign from the Prince, thousands of Elves are on the march, heading toward the various rivers with their bows.

Davin wrote:After I hear the Prince's response, I turn and head back to the party and Ferall's HQ.
As Davin approaches the gate, the guards are already rolling the Iron Hills back through the gate. The battle in the training grounds is indeed over.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax finds a convenient place to sit and pulls out his whetstone, slowly whiling away the time sharpening his new-found sword. The only sound is the constant rasp rasp as he hones a razor-sharp edge on the killing implement.
Draxus Ferall approaches Moradax, and says, "Mordax, my boy, your mission must have met with SOME success. We noticed when the Dwarves attacked that there was a significant gap in their lines, right about where you crossed the river. You can't tell me you didn't have SOMETHING to do with that. But whatever happened to the 3000? Did our victory cost us their lives?"

"Wait, what's that? A sword? Where is your trident?"

Mordax's honing slows to a grinding halt halfway down his blade. Cocking his head to the side in a most unsettling fashion, he replies "Aye, General, tha' boys gave their lives tae stop a bloody rout. Tha' whoreson dwarves had floatin' bridges ready tae go, an' tae a man those tha' survived tha' current o' Ol' Redwine sold their lives dearly. If tha' spears had'nae entangled tha' shite-eatin' stumpies ye're lines would'a crumpled. Tae a man, jus' like tha' massacre o' . . ."

Trailing off, Mordax seems confused, and aged. Shaking himself from his reverie, he says bemusidly "As fer tha' nice trinket o' a trident, saem bearded goat-kisser is trippin' o'er it e'ry third step oor so, I should imagine."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 pm

The Witch-King wrote:
Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. 2 - What say we win this war tonight! How about we lead an attack on the siege weapons tonight coordinating with the rain with as many troops we can muster (Calvary?). There are still several Generals left. BOOM! Major blow struck! Dwarves flooded outta sewers, major damage to siege engines, Helfare's elves strike the river, maybe get the Lt. Colonel to enlist some of his "shady folk" for the counterattack! If Agatha shows up in time, lights out! Convince Aodhan to join the sneak attack! ALL WE GOTTA DO IS SNACK ON THE STONEMEAL BISCUITS!! (Stonemeal Biscuits=win) TIme for some Heroic Intervention!! What do you guys think?

-Swift
Sounds like a plan. Cavalry (don't think Calvary has been in since the original Deities and Demigods, hehe) to hit the troops, skirmishers to hit the artillery/siege towers (Molotov cocktails, anyone?) and us to cut off the clan heads - literally. I'm in.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis says to Aodhan, "According to some text we found written by the dwarves recently, Siquerod is currently working on something they are very afraid of. You say he doesn't like to involve himself in combat, perhaps if he sold it to us he wouldn't have to be involved?"

The Witch-King wrote:
Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. 2 - What say we win this war tonight! How about we lead an attack on the siege weapons tonight coordinating with the rain with as many troops we can muster (Calvary?). There are still several Generals left. BOOM! Major blow struck! Dwarves flooded outta sewers, major damage to siege engines, Helfare's elves strike the river, maybe get the Lt. Colonel to enlist some of his "shady folk" for the counterattack! If Agatha shows up in time, lights out! Convince Aodhan to join the sneak attack! ALL WE GOTTA DO IS SNACK ON THE STONEMEAL BISCUITS!! (Stonemeal Biscuits=win) TIme for some Heroic Intervention!! What do you guys think?

-Swift
Sounds like a plan. Cavalry (don't think Calvary has been in since the original Deities and Demigods, hehe) to hit the troops, skirmishers to hit the artillery/siege towers (Molotov cocktails, anyone?) and us to cut off the clan heads - literally. I'm in.

O.O.C. I'm totally down, we put that together with finding Siqqy and the tide should definitely turn.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:"Aye, General, tha' boys gave their lives tae stop a bloody rout. . . . As fer tha' nice trinket o' a trident, saem bearded goat-kisser is trippin' o'er it e'ry third step oor so, I should imagine."
Draxus Ferall frowns, "We shall erect a memorial monument in their honor ... in the meantime, would you like me to find you a new trident? Or has your taste changed to blades?"

Straegis II wrote:Straegis says to Aodhan, "According to some text we found written by the dwarves recently, Siquerod is currently working on something they are very afraid of. You say he doesn't like to involve himself in combat, perhaps if he sold it to us he wouldn't have to be involved?"
Aodhan replies, "Afraid? Interesting. I will talk to him and see what he is working on. Are you coming with me?"

Davin wrote:I turn and head back to the party and Ferall's HQ.
O.O.C. - Everyone give yourselves 17 gold, 19 silver, and 64 copper when I get back to the HQ.
Around now, Davin makes it back.

Verity wrote:Satisfied his work is done, he returns to the companions and the rest.
Verity should be just about done with those funeral rites, now.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis decides that now is an appropriate time to check out the potions that Verity had returned with a few minutes ago.

Arcana(potions): 1d20=7+14(s)=21
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:I walk into the HQ and rejoin my companions.

"Here, I found some loot." I distribute the money and then pull out the Axe, the Hammer, and the 2 potions and place them on the table with Verity's potions.

"Straegis - could you look at these?"

Looking around, "Verity's still not back?" Not seeing Alex either, I say, "I need to talk to him and the others."

"General, Mordax, Straegis - you are the military men, what do you think of a counterattack tonight when the rain begins? The rain would negated the Dwarves advantage in the dark. I just returned from talking to Prince Helfare, telling him what has happened. His men are ready to clean the rivers of Dwarves one the sewer flood begins. We get everyone else that can be spared, and go destroy as many Dwarven siege engines we can. They think we are in disarray, they won't expect it. What do you think, Aodhan?"

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Sticking to the darkness, Davin works quickly, gathering what he can before the soldiers do. Among his findings are a Rune-etched Adamantine Axe and a Ram-headed Battlehammer that trembles with power even as it lies in the mud. He also finds two potions

Straegis checks on the potions from Davin then carefully inspects the Axe and Hammer trying to determine their secrets, as well as paying close attention to any identifying symbols or marks.

Arcana(potions): 1d20=3+14(s)=17
History(Axe): 1d20=11+14(s)=25
Arcana(Axe): 1d20=12+14(s)=26
History(Battlehammer):1d20=10+14(s)=24
Arcana(Battlehammer):1d20=19+14(s)=33
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity emerges from the infirmary.

“General Ferall, I have done what I can to guide and ward their passage to the next world. Please see to whatever honor guard you can spare for their transfer to the Temple.
"I too shall go, for the Oracle has offered me a boon. She can pierce the veil of Death, and wrest from the dead their secrets. The rangers and I recovered a dead Chief of the Dwarf Clans from the battle. She will make his corpse tell us the war plans he took to his grave. The knowledge she compels from his spirit will offer us a window into months of dwarven scheming. It will prove useful, perhaps instrumental, in the battles ahead.

"I hope my companions will come, for if I find Morgana and must slay her alone, I'd hate to face Mordax on my return?"

Verity moves to his brother and clasps Frater's shoulders. "Now don't try to die again for a while, I've got to leave for a while so I can't be here to save you. Perhaps you should come with; you've knowledge of the city's defenses and could guide our questioning of the dwarf. What say you General?"

When that is settled he turns back to Frater and gives his brother a long look. "Gods, back in Brackwater, did you ever think it would come to this? Me a knight of Death and you...suffice to say I foresee a promotion soon in your already illustrious career.
"Could you have imagined any of this back home? Sure, as wee lads, playing about the farm; the vineyards a great labyrinth and the orchards our own Femdrell. But really, to think merely a year past you were set to take responsibility for the farm, and me just beginning my service to the Queen..."

Verity's smile goes slack and he drops the General's key.
"That's it!" he shouts, "What a fool I've been. She said 'the Beginning'; that I must go to the 'Beginning'! It's the Cave Temple, it must be. It is where all this - everything began."

Verity answers his brother's stare, "The Queen spoke. To me, in the Malbog. A lizard witch's brew gave me the Sight, and She came and intoned to me a riddle. I've tried to grasp the meaning, but the words of the Goddess - like grasping at an ocean. I have it now though, I HAVE it. And none too soon, for she commands I speed my way."

OCC1: Verity's Character sheet now includes the scene referred to above.

OCC2: Did someone say cavalry? Count me in.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Swifthand wrote:"Anyone mind if I use that belt?" Assuming noone cares, Davin dons the

The Dead-Eyed Hammer's Belt

This stout leather girdle has a golden buckle, and iron rings punctuate it's length. It radiates a magical aura, but identifying it will require further study.
Lvl 6 (1,800 gp)
Item Slot: Waist
Property: When you score a critical hit, gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:"Aye, General, tha' boys gave their lives tae stop a bloody rout. . . . As fer tha' nice trinket o' a trident, saem bearded goat-kisser is trippin' o'er it e'ry third step oor so, I should imagine."
Draxus Ferall frowns, "We shall erect a memorial monument in their honor ... in the meantime, would you like me to find you a new trident? Or has your taste changed to blades?"
With a wry smile Mordax says "Ye' needn't fetch it yuirsel', General, I'll settle fer' one o' yuir men deliverin' a trident an' fishin' net."

Turning to Verity, he says, grim-faced "Aye, boyo', I'll follow ye' tae tha' pit o' darkness i'sel' tae find that harrigan."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:After speaking with Aodhan Alex joins Straegis at the table for the identification of potions.

-------------
Arcana Modifier +13, take as many asyou want/I have time for.
-------------

He brings a vial to his eye and stretches his other hand out, causing the fluid inside to dance around in its bottle. Watching its movements he says to Verity. "I shall come too. I've already found a copy of a lot of dwarf scheme's, it will be interesting to see how this ones differs. Tell me, was he a magic user?" Satisfied, he places the bottle to the side; "Another healing potion. Although, you knew that didn't you Straegis."

Alex raises an eyebrow at Straegis; he thinks the eladrin's work ethic is very good. It is clear he's been attempting learning arcane secrets for a while now, and attempting to learn Davek is a good step too. Alex wouldn't be surprised if soon the Eladrin could command the...ordinary...magic of the world, even if he wasn't chosen as a 'mancer. Perhaps his learning has indeed outpaced my own. Thinks Alex, who has not gained much in the way of Academics since his journey began. Hmm...yet I have learned different things. My frosty spells now have more bite to them, and I've found many ways of using magic to help me out of combat He refers to his icy jump slopes, and the icepitons he used to climb over the rubble.

Picking up the next bottle he peers in and lifts his left hand to the glass again. His mind recalls the voice of his Master Jenna When examining potions; a common mage-of course, she meant watermages, but in Imil there is no need to say that really-you just need to focus your eyes and look at how the water really flows. It's really very obvious. Switch to the Mana Spectrum, and then watch as your hand moves closer, the particles of mana move towards your hand. The longer you keep that hand there, then you may begin to see the motes aligning with the blood vessels of the hand, and if you keep it there even longer and really look, you may see shivers in these magic veins, and they will be mimicking your pulse. The memory that has been implanted in the water takes time, but thats how the potions heal. They need not be applied to a wound, they know where they are to go - the wound will be drawing more blood -Inflammatory response, and the water will carry the healing components of the potion with it to the site of injury. Obvious really. Alex remembers peering at the green bottle and being unable to attune his eyes to the Mana Spectrum. Master Jenna meerly laughed. She was such a good tutor.

Alex awakens from his flashback, new thoughts buzzing in his head. He had read a number of times that the powers of Water were often healing. Water did clean wounds and prevent infection after all. And, the water in the body could always be manipulated to stem a flow of blood or something. But why hasn't anyone done it before? Alex wonders. Sending his mind back to the healers of Imil. They always channeled Holy energy from Melora to stitch the wounds back together- sure, those that could bend- and there were a few, those not powerful enough to master battle magic or alchemy- went to healing and perhaps used it to aid their healing, but only Melora provided true healing. There must be a way to help the injured with hydromancy. So much of the body is water. That can carry the bodies own healing mechanisms to the right place. Things like that. He settles down his potion. Yes. I'll keep a closer eye on my companions next time we're in battle. Even if I can't heal their wounds, perhaps I'll be able to stop an attack with an IceWall or something...perhaps I've been a bit selfish in battle. The Battlemages usually defended us weaker mages in the practice formations.

Alex sighs and lays the potion in the correct pile.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:With a wry smile Mordax says "Ye' needn't fetch it yuirsel', General, I'll settle fer' one o' yuir men deliverin' a trident an' fishin' net."
General Ferall orders a pair of soldiers to retrieve a trident and a net; they return shortly afterward with each. The Trident looks like it has never been used; and the net is thick with sturdy chords. They will suffice.

Straegis II wrote:Straegis decides that now is an appropriate time to check out the potions that Verity had returned with a few minutes ago.
11 of them are common curatives; the other 3 contain even greater vitality.
OOC: 11 Potions of Healing, 3 Potions of Vitality. See page 255 in the PHB.

Davin wrote:I walk into the HQ and rejoin my companions. "Here, I found some loot." I distribute the money and then pull out the Axe, the Hammer, and the 2 potions and place them on the table with Verity's potions. "Straegis - could you look at these?"
Straegis II wrote:Straegis checks on the potions from Davin then carefully inspects the Axe and Hammer trying to determine their secrets, as well as paying close attention to any identifying symbols or marks.
Davin's potions are also common curatives. The Axe is a remarkable Adamantine Heirloom; but Hammer is even more special, humming with seismic power even when it's not being wielded.

Adamantine Axe
This glossy black weapon pierces the toughest shells.
Lvl 8 (3,400 gp)
Weapon: Battle Axe
Enhancement: +2 Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +2d10 damage
Property: Untyped damage done with this weapon ignores 4 points of resistance.

Gravity Hammer
This hammer rumbles with seismic power.
Lvl 11 (9,000 gp)
Weapon: Warhammer
Enhancement: +3 Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: None
Power (Daily): Standard Action. Make a melee basic attack with this weapon against all enemies within a close blast 3.

Davin wrote:"General, Mordax, Straegis - you are the military men, what do you think of a counterattack tonight when the rain begins? The rain would negated the Dwarves advantage in the dark. I just returned from talking to Prince Helfare, telling him what has happened. His men are ready to clean the rivers of Dwarves once the sewer flood begins. We get everyone else that can be spared, and go destroy as many Dwarven siege engines we can. They think we are in disarray, they won't expect it. What do you think, Aodhan?"
"Brilliant!"
"Indeed. We should coordinate the attacks, so we catch as many off guard as possible."
"I would love to destroy more Dwarves. What shall are cue be? The first drops of rain? Or when the moon reaches its highest peak?"
"I will gather my squads, as well."

Verity wrote:“"I too shall go, for the Oracle has ... will make his corpse tell us the war plans he took to his grave. ... I hope my companions will come, for if I find Morgana and must slay her alone, I'd hate to face Mordax on my return?"
"Will you have time to stop at the temple on your way to the siege engines?
One of Velius's men adds "The Three Pines has fallen, though the Dwarves leave the temples untouched. Nonetheless, the road will wrought with danger."

Verity wrote:Verity moves to his brother and clasps Frater's shoulders."... Perhaps you should come with; you've knowledge of the city's defenses and could guide our questioning of the dwarf. What say you General?"
"Corporal Frater can accompany you if you wish, but I think his services would be best put to use by my side. He was Sazar's personal attendent for several months, and his expertise of the High-General's command structure would prove invaluable to me. Nonetheless, I will allow him to go with you, if you truly believe that is the best course of action."

Verity wrote:When that is settled he turns back to Frater and gives his brother a long look. "Gods, back in Brackwater, did you ever think it would come to this? ... as wee lads ... But really, to think merely a year past ..."
"Certianly not," he smiles, clasping shoulders as well. "Fate certianly has a way of surprising us, doesn't it?

Verity wrote:"What a fool I've been. She said 'the Beginning'; that I must go to the 'Beginning'! It's the Cave Temple, it must be. It is where all this - everything began."

Verity answers his brother's stare, "The Queen spoke. To me, in the Malbog. A lizard witch's brew gave me the Sight, and She came and intoned to me a riddle. I've tried to grasp the meaning, but the words of the Goddess - like grasping at an ocean. I have it now though, I HAVE it. And none too soon, for she commands I speed my way."
"What's this? The RavenQueen spoke to you?!"
"You are either a prophet or a blasphemer. Either way, I will support this plan."
"Of course!! Whatever path our spies took, the Dwarves must've enlisted the Fomorians to guard it! That path was in the Feywild, but your Cave Temple must be the reflection of that path, stretching out here in your world!

"This could be our best option for a counter-attack, but I think it will still be necessary to disable the siege weapons first. It will be a difficult task as we cannot spare many from the defense of the walls; not until we know for sure how many districts are still ours."

"First things first, we need to establish our strike forces. This is not the job for heavy infantry; it is more suited to stealthy troops ... perhaps supported by the fast-moving cavalry. The stealth units will set up first, and when the time is right the cavalry will ride in to complete the assault."

"Who's in?"

After the PCs respond, the NPCs respond as well ...

"The 14 Maor of the Silver Shadow are in."
"I am in."
"Reed's Rangers are in."
"The Lt. Colonel told us to support whatever plan General Ferall decided upon."
"My company is in, unless our Captain turns up and says otherwise."
"Right. And I'll order up some cavalry."

"I am in, as well," says a new voice. "And I've brought the Junior-Marshal his troops."*
*Last time he checked, Straegis didn't HAVE troops.

Turning to see who speaks, the Maor burst in unison "JANCALIS!!!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:General Ferall orders a pair of soldiers to retrieve a trident and a net; they return shortly afterward with each. The Trident looks like it has never been used; and the net is thick with sturdy chords. They will suffice.

OOC: 11 Potions of Healing, 3 Potions of Vitality. See page 255 in the PHB.

Davin's potions are also common curatives. The Axe is a remarkable Adamantine Heirloom; but Hammer is even more special, humming with seismic power even when it's not being wielded.

Adamantine Axe
This glossy black weapon pierces the toughest shells.
Lvl 8 (3,400 gp)
Weapon: Battle Axe
Enhancement: +2 Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +2d10 damage
Property: Untyped damage done with this weapon ignores 4 points of resistance.

Gravity Hammer
This hammer rumbles with seismic power.
Lvl 11 (9,000 gp)
Weapon: Warhammer
Enhancement: +3 Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: None
Power (Daily): Standard Action. Make a melee basic attack with this weapon against all enemies within a close blast 3.

"Then we all should take 3 Healing potions a piece. Straegis, Mordax, Verity - you should all take a Vitality potion; you are always closest to the battle." I take 3 potions from the table and stow them in the pack at my side.

"Mordax - this Hammer seems potent, and would suit you in the oncoming battle. Why don't you use it until we can fashion or find a trident to match it?"

Malazek wrote:"Brilliant!"
"Indeed. We should coordinate the attacks, so we catch as many off guard as possible."
"I would love to destroy more Dwarves. What shall are cue be? The first drops of rain? Or when the moon reaches its highest peak?"

"Excellent. I'm in as well. When the moon reaches it's peak seems like a good time. That will perhaps give Agatha time to join us. The captured Iron Hills and troops supporting it did well in the battle for the Training Grounds. They may also be a good addition."

DM EDIT: Draxus Ferall replies, "The Iron Hillocks are at the disposal of your party. Do with them as you will."

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:“"I too shall go, for the Oracle has...
"Will you have time to stop at the temple on your way to the siege engines?
One of Velius's men adds "The Three Pines has fallen, though the Dwarves leave the temples untouched. Nonetheless, the road will wrought with danger."

"I will join you, Verity. I can try to get us there unmolested in the wagon, and we should have plenty of time to do that before the moon is at it's height. Perhaps you can rally the Clerics, Templars, Priests, and Paladins to aid us in our counterattack?"

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:"What a fool I've been. She said 'the Beginning'; that I must go to the 'Beginning'! It's the Cave Temple, it must be. It is where all this - everything began."

"What's this? The Raven Queen spoke to you?!"
"You are either a prophet or a blasphemer. Either way, I will support this plan."
"Of course!! Whatever path our spies took, the Dwarves must've enlisted the Fomorians to guard it! That path was in the Feywild, but your Cave Temple must be the reflection of that path, stretching out here in your world!

"This could be our best option for a counter-attack, but I think it will still be necessary to disable the siege weapons first. It will be a difficult task as we cannot spare many from the defense of the walls; not until we know for sure how many districts are still ours."

"First things first, we need to establish our strike forces. This is not the job for heavy infantry; it is more suited to stealthy troops ... perhaps supported by the fast-moving cavalry. The stealth units will set up first, and when the time is right the cavalry will ride in to complete the assault."

"Who's in?"

"I agree with the General. We break the armies attacking the Imperial City tonight, then we heed the Queen's advice and head to the Cave Temple on the morrow."

Malazek wrote:"The 14 Maor of the Silver Shadow are in."
"I am in."
"Reed's Rangers are in."
"The Lt. Colonel told us to support whatever plan General Ferall decided upon."
"My company is in, unless our Captain turns up and says otherwise."
"Right. And I'll order up some cavalry."

"I am in, as well," says a new voice. "And I've brought the Junior-Marshal his troops."*
*Last time he checked, Straegis didn't HAVE troops.

Turning to see who speaks, the Maor burst in unison "JANCALIS!!!"

"GRRrrr! WOOF!"

Hound barks at the newcomer, obviously caught unawares with the rest of us at the silent entrance of the Eladrin. I put a calming hand on my dogs shoulder, and look from the famous (or infamous) soldier to Straegis, ready to back up my friend if needed.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Swifthand wrote:"Then we all should take 3 Healing potions a piece. Straegis, Mordax, Verity - you should all take a Vitality potion; you are always closest to the battle." I take 3 potions from the table and stow them in the pack at my side.
"Mordax - this Hammer seems potent, and would suit you in the oncoming battle. Why don't you use it until we can fashion or find a trident to match it?"
Malazek wrote:"Brilliant!"
"Excellent. I'm in as well. When the moon reaches it's peak seems like a good time. That will perhaps give Agatha time to join us. The captured Iron Hills and troops supporting it did well in the battle for the Training Grounds. They may also be a good addition."

DM EDIT: Draxus Ferall replies, "The Iron Hillocks are at the disposal of your party. Do with them as you will."
-Swift

Setting both the trident and greatsword aside, Mordax hefts the hammer.

"No' really my style, though 'tis an excellent bludgeon. Aye, it'll do fer noo."

Turning to the soldiers that brought the trident and net, he says "Now boyos, sae if ye' can find me' a warm meal, an' when all is saed an' done I'll buy ye' a new kit an' all tha' soft company ye' can swallow."

Winking at the common soldiers, he turns his attention back to the conversation at hand.

"I'm no' sure tha' slow moving hillocks are a better idea than stealthy rangers wi' buckets o' pitch an' flint an' steel. Are they noisy?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:sae if ye' can find me' armour
OOC: What's wrong with the armor he has on?
Or did you miss where I said he stopped and put it back on after swimming back across the river?
The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:sae if ye' can find me' armour
OOC: What's wrong with the armor he has on?
Or did you miss where I said he stopped and put it back on after swimming back across the river?

OOC: oops, I surely did.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next