Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 18 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Halcyon wrote:Again, I see no reason for us to open the scroll case. The mighty armies of the Eladrin, Humans and Dwarves, and perhaps others prepare for war. Many lives hang in the balance. I say we deliver it and beg forgiveness for whatever trouble it's disappearance has caused. We might not even be court marshaled.
"Whatever we do, we'll want to be wary of Maor and Dwarves as we move about the city. And human soldiers if they find out we've delayed the scroll from reaching the high general. Whether the Moar stand against us thinking Straegis a traitor, or they be the traitors we cannot know. The Dwarves I presume will fight against Straegis's father and the Eladrin. It's the only reason I can think they would have called Vangg a traitor. of course we can't know that for certain either."
Verity pounds a mailed gauntlet on the table. "What the hell sort of bloody cursed war is this?! Entire nations muster and yet we can only guess at the reason, and know not who our own enemies are?! Has the Empire sunk so low ats to expect good men to fight and die for it, without announcing the reason?"
He stands and starts pacing, a black look on his face.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 18 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

magicspellz12 wrote:"Well Straegis. It is your decision. Know I'll stand by you in it, no matter what it is, as neither of these options are stupid. It's just a hard decision to make."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis again studies the maps trying to figure the safest and/or most direct route to the Three Lions District,
if there are officers here Straegis figures this to be the best destination.
Streetwise=23

Satisfied that most of the party is in agreement with the plan he says, "Alright then, we head for Three Lions,
Davin, maybe you can help conceal me in the wagon so if we are stopped I won't be easily seen? Verity, Mordax, when we get
there perhaps one or both of you could feign interest in their cause long enough to find out who is in charge? If the officers are
assembled there, I would have to assume that is where the scroll should be delivered."

He turns to Mordax and says, Maybe you know the name of a higher ranking official you could ask for? If they gave you a
location for him, that may be the place for us to go?
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Swifthand wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:"Davin, maybe you can help conceal me in the wagon so if we are stopped I won't be easily seen?"

Davin nods in agreement. Taking a moment to try to memorize the path that Straegis has laid out for us.

"I will go ready the wagon. I'll be in front in ten minutes. Cyl, tysti." (Hound, come.)

I leave the room (grabbing my pack and greatbow), go down to the stables, and hitch the horses to the wagon. Then, I pull around to he front on the Hound's Tooth, Hound and longbow at my side, waiting for the others to arrive. As before, I do my best to "hide" the wagon, parking in front of hedgerows, trees, or other larger wagons, keeping a keen eye out for enemies.

Stealth=22
Perception=22

After everyone's on board, I make sure the tarp flaps completely conceal everyone in the interior of the wagon, and head to the Three Lion's District and the Imperial Military base, using the same care and disgression as before.

Stealth=26
Perception=34

O.O.C. - Hound has Perception - can he aid me if I give him a command like, Hound, guard/watch? If so, he takes ten to give me a +2 on both of those rolls.

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Malazek wrote:The wagon rolls into streets (following the best route possible, thanks to Straegis), and rolls on through the dense crowd. Davin does his best to keep the wagon obscured by traffic, shadows, and other wagons. At various times, such opportunities are scarce; but Davin always manages to find more.

As they roll, he notices many Eladrin and many Dwarves. Maybe it's a touch of paranoia, but the City seems to be crawling with them (truthfully, most are probably innocent city folk; but you've managed to avoid at least a couple of fights today).

As the wagon APPROACHES the Three Lions District, Davin hears on the wind the stout voices of Dwarves. Looking up, he sees many of them congregated up ahead. He starts to turn the wagon around, but the traffic in the street makes it a challenge. And then, one of them yells "There! That them!"

It's too late. You've been spotted.

The Dwarves move toward you, pushing their way through the crowd. The group includes the four that approached you in the alley (the patch-eyed Dwarf, the two Dead-Eyes, and another Bolter), as well as the Dwarf who entered the Beholder's Stein and the "other" Rockbender that Davin saw the other night. Just then, just to the right of the Dwarves, Davin spots two Maor! And if it couldn't get any worse, two more emerge from the alley on your left!!

Thanks to Davin's Perception, the group is NOT Surprised!
Davin - Before your first action, decide if the wagon has stopped or is still rolling.
Also, make a Nature check to give orders to Hound (Free DC 30; Minor DC 20); Roll his Attacks, too, please.

ROLL INITIATIVE!!
And EVERYBODY HAS COVER!!

Bolters = Init 10
Hammerers = Init 16
Rockbender = 20
Maor (Right) = 31
Maor (Left) = 30

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 18 AV1sRdVS

P = Pedestrian
M = Maor
R = Rockbender
B = Bolter
H = Hammerer.
(The white area is "Out of Bounds" ... building walls)
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 41/41; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 54/54; AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15

I stop the wagon when I see the dwarves spot us to allow my companions time to ready themselves.

Free Action - "Ware! Dwarves and Maor!"
Move Action - "Cyl, Eiras!" ("Hound, Attack!")

Davin's Initiative=20
Hound's Initiative=20

Minor Action - Designate E11 Hammerer as my Hunter's Quarry
Move Action - Command Hound to Charge E11 Hammerer
Standard Action - Twin Strike
Immediate Interrupt - Disruptive Shot on the Rockbender's Molten Eruption
Action Point - Twin Strike E11 Hammerer
Minor Action - Growl menacingly
Move Action - Move to G14
Standard Action - Charge Hammerer at E11

Nature check=22
Twin Strike 1=29, Twin Strike 2=29
TS1 Damage=12, TS2 Damage=8
HQ Damage=5
Twin Strike 1=27, Twin Strike 2=30 (natch!)
TS1 Damage=15, TS2 Damage=16
Disruptiive Shot=24
DS Damage=11
Charge=27
Charge Damage=8

O.O.C. - I added a +2 to hit/+4 to damage on my Action Point Twin Strike for Straegis's Tactical Presence. I also added +2 to my Initiative. The Rockbender's Molten Eruption is at a -7 to hit.

Arrow Count=58/60

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Init 30 & 31 ...
The Maor stand firm, studying the scene as it unfolds. ... ????
(All Four Maor READY ACTIONS!!)

Init 20 ...
The Rockbender, summoning mana from the cobbleSTONE streets and MUDbrick buildings, first forms a stoney shell around his own body! And then he causes Accursed Molten Stone to Erupt toward Davin!! AND THEN he persuades the very stones around you to Rebuke Davin!!!

Move --> Minor: Strength of the Mountain (+10 Temp HPs)
Minor: Curse of Stone vs. Davin
Standard: Molten Eruption. EDIT: 23-7 vs. Reflex!* MISS!
... Would have been 20 Fire Damage; and an Ongoing 5 Fire damage.
Spend an Action Point!
Standard: Stoney Rebuke. 23 vs. Reflex!
... 13 Damage; If the RB gets hurt before next round, Davin takes d6+5 more Damage!

*Disrupting Shot caused it to Miss.

FYI - The Combined Attacks of Davin and Hound will Drop the Dead-Eyed Hammerer at E11
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Halcyon is up north, so I will post for him today ...

Init 20

Leaving the cover of the wagon, Verity quickly mounts Zephyr ... but not wanting to run over the pedestrians, he has little place to go. He yells for the people to clear out, and then gets ready to advance.

Move: Mount Zephyr
Free: Yells for people to get out of the way (Diplomacy = 23)
Minor: None (Out of Range for Divine Challenge)
Standard: Ready: When the path is clear, move to E19
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Init: 13

"Do not attack the Maor until they attack us. Perhaps they will even aid us."

Alex jumps from the wagon, and pushes past people, a snake of water zooms out of his bag as he does so. As soon as he can get a clear shot, he sends it arcing over the heads of the bystanding civilians and as it reaches the group of Hammerers it dissolves into a boiling mist of scorching steam.

With his other hand, he flicks his wrist, bringing a ghostly watery image of his hand from the air and floating next to him.

"Daving. Take out the rockbender."

----------------
Delay until I can move to E20.
Move: Move to E20
Standard: Boiling Mist on D10. +9 vs. Ref; 19; 21; 16: Damage; 9 Fire.
Minor: Mage Hand.
rolls
---------------
Obviously I want to target as many as I can without touching the normies. But they go before me; so just use your noggin. I will move forward if I can, even if they would be in range without that so that I might target the rockbender, or get them with the Scorching Vapour next turn.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Brow furrowed in concentration, Davin nods grimly at Alex's command.

O.O.C. - Heheh - wait till next round on the Terramancer if you can, I'm gonna take 1d6+5 damage if anyone hurts him this round. I'll focus fire on him on round 2.

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Halcyon wrote:...Verity pounds a mailed gauntlet on the table. "What the hell sort of bloody cursed war is this?! Entire nations muster and yet we can only guess at the reason, and know not who our own enemies are?! Has the Empire sunk so low ats to expect good men to fight and die for it, without announcing the reason?"...

"Aye, an' I suppose Ularik said much tha' same ere' tha' razing o' Edrian. If an' we reach a garrison I'll see what I can do."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Halcyon wrote:...Verity pounds a mailed gauntlet on the table. "What the hell sort of bloody cursed war is this?! Entire nations muster and yet we can only guess at the reason, and know not who our own enemies are?! Has the Empire sunk so low ats to expect good men to fight and die for it, without announcing the reason?"...

"Aye, an' I suppose Ularik said much tha' same ere' tha' razing o' Edrian. If an' we reach a garrison I'll see what I can do."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:46 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax leaps off the wagon and barrels through the crowd, net whirling overhead.

Initiative 1d20=13+4= 17
Double move to E14

OOC: Do I recognize any of the Maor?
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:Initiative 1d20=13+4= 17
Double move to E14
OOC: Hmm. You can pass through your allies squares with no problem; but passing through the Horses squares requires either an Athletics check or Acrobatics check. With that in mind, I rolled one for ya ... NP, you got a 26.

The Witch-King wrote:OOC: Do I recognize any of the Maor?
Good Question. Let me make some rolls for ya ... Yes. He recongizes ONE of the two on the far right. His name was once "Maberon of the Silent Grove." He served in the Winter of Tears.

Straegis, on the otherhand, recognizes both of the Maor on the left: Alverdine and Nissa of the Silver Shadow.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:OOC: Oops. Rolls, what do you think, this is D&D or something? Razz
Really don't know the new system; what rolls did you make?

DM EDIT: NP. Athletics; and then Perception for both you and Straegis
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Malazek wrote:It's been more tha 24 hours, so I will post Straegis's first round Actions, also ...

After words of encouragement to Davin, Straegis runs to keep up with Mordax; keeping a keen eye out for tactical opportunities.

Init = 13
Minor: Inspiring Word: Davin can spend a surge &heal an extra d6 HPs.
Move: Run to F14 (Athletics 28 to get Over Horses).
Standard: Commander's Strike fro Mordax.

The Dwarves and an updated Map should Follow shortly
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Round 1 Recap & Resolution ...

Init 31
The Maor on the RIGHT ready actions.

Init 30
The Maor on the LEFT ready actions.

Init 20
Davin and Hound destroy the lead Hammerer as he approaches.

The Rockbender takes an arrow as he attacks Davin with his magic.
But he keeps pressing Davin, and manages to injure him.

Halcyon mounts Zeyphr and prepares to advance.

Init 17
Mordax rushes forward.

Init 16
The rear Hammerer holds his ground.
The other charges Mordax, smashing him for 12 damage!

Hound gets an Opportunity Attack!
I rolled it. He missed

The pedestrians scatter!
Verity's readied action goes off, bringing him closer to the fray.
His Initiative is now 16

Init 13
Straegis heals Davin & Follows Mordax with a Command to Attack.
To speed things up, I rolled it. He hit for 7 damage

With boiling mist, Alex burns one Hammer.

Init 10
Both bolters fire at Straegis (and move).
They hit for 9 damage and 15 damage.

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 18 AV1wUSPi

ROUND 2 Begins ...

Init 31
Seeing Straegis run out, the furthest Maor change tactics; they decide to charge and KILL him! But the other two are ready! They charge in on an interceptor course ... and the next thing you know, the four Maor are fighting each other in the middle of the street!!
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP 41/41; AC 23 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 19; Healing Surges=11/11 Action Points=0 Initiative:16

Now that Verity gets the straight fight he's been hoping for, his eyes light up with the same fire as his armor. He spurs Zephyr through the enemy Hammerer in E13 with a shout, "Lie like a snake and stain the earth with your blood, cretin!"
Standard: (Trample, provoking AoO: 17+4 ability=21 vs Reflex. If hit, 10 damage)
"You'll know your brother's fate next, little man!", he shouts to the bolter in H5.
Minor: (Divine Challenge Bolter in H5)
He reigns Zephyr in at E9 then takes a mighty swing at the Hammerer adjacent.
Move:Shift to E9
Spend an AP: Standard: (Fearsome Smite: 18 on die+4Chr+3Wpn+3action surge+2Straegis=30 to hit vs AC, 21 dmg and the hammerer is -4 to hit until after my next action.)
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 41/41; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 19 Will 18; Healing Surges=7/8 Action Points=0
Hound: HP 54/54; AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15

Inspiring Word=6, + Surge Value 10 = 16 Hit Points healed, bringing Davin to full

"Cyl, Eiras!" ("Hound, Attack!")

Minor Action - Command Hound to Attack E13 Hammerer
Move Action - Move to G15
Standard Action - Hunter's Bear Trap the Terramancer (I will wait until the Terramancer's turn is over before shooting him to avoid the Molten Eruption damage)
Minor Action - Growl menacingly
Move Action - None
Standard Action - Attack Hammerer at E13

Nature check=22
Hunter's Bear Trap=11
Hunter's Bear Trap (Elven Accuracy)=23
HBT Damage=19
Bite Attack=24
Bite Attack Damage=13

O.O.C. - The Terramancer is Slowed and takes 5 ongoing (save ends both). The Hammerer at E13 has been knocked Prone by Hound.

Arrow Count=56/60

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax bears down on the hammerer in E13, eyes narrowed in fury.

Minor action: Mark target
Standard: Trident 1d20=18+10+2 (prone)=30, dmg 1d8=7+6=13

If the hammerer falls, mordax will intercept the hammerer at D9 and mark him. If not, no move action.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:20/44 AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14

Straegis sees an opportunity, and yells for Mordax to move to flank the Hammerer.

Free: Yell for Mordax to move to D13.
Move: Move to F13.
Standard: Wolf Pack Tactics on Hammerer at E13.

Attack:1d20=17,+10,+2(flank)=29
Damage=10
O.O.C: Mordax will shift one square to D13 for free (Warlord- Wolf Pack Tactics) before my attack.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:
Malazek wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:Init: 13
Obviously I want to target as many as I can without touching the normies. But they go before me; so just use your noggin.
Alex kills two pedestrians
I said I would NOT touch the normies! a Emissary for the Waterbenders of Imil doe NOT go around killing peds!
OOC: Woops ... K, I fixed it.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:49 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: just realized i added wrong earlier, its 24 not 14. but Mal you dont miss nothin, you already got it!
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:49 pm

Malazek wrote:Round 2 Recap & Resolution

Init 31
The four Maor teleport in seemingly pointless ways (but Straegis recognizes these as Feystep Gambits, each with the purpose of gaining tactical position; some are meant to counter the others). The Maor who can stab and slash at their foes.

Init 20
Rockbender shifts away from Verity and then targets Straegis with an accursed Blast of Sand (12 Damage).

Davin barks orders to Hound, and then shoots an arrow through the leg of the Rockbender.

Hound bits the hammerer and pulls him prone (His "Stand Your Ground Roll" Fails). The stubborn Dwarf does, however, manage to strike at Hound as he falls (Stubborn; hits for 12 Damage).

Init 17
Mordax impales the prone Dwarf before him.
The Hammerer is now Bloodied.

Init 16
Verity and Zephyr pound through the streets, weaving between friend and foe; the horses hooves land on one-dead eye, while Verity's blade lands on the other.

The Hammerers strike back. The one on his back lifts his hammer and swings wildly at Straegis, but misses; the other smashes Verity with his shield (CRIT! 15 Damage, and Verity is knocked Prone ... you can choose to fall off the horse, or have it fall with you).

Init 13
Officer Straegis commands Soldier Mordax to move to a flanking position, and then takes advantage of the situation to slay the prone Dwarf between them.

OOC: More than 24 Hours have passed. Posting for Alex ...
Alex continues to move forward, and then whips the remaining Hammerer with tendrils of icy water (10 Damage; he is now Bloodied).

Init 10
The Bolters move to better positions, and both fire at Verity. One hits, one misses. (5 Damage).

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 18 AV1C8E69

Round 3 Begins ...
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Halcyon wrote:Move: Verity and Zephyr stand / shift to E10 / F10 to grant cover to other party members
Minor: Lay on Hands to heal himself
Standard: miss Hammerer adjacent with Radiant Delerium, 8 dmg and he is Dazed.

DM EDIT: Mordax is in that space and that Hammerer is dead.
I'll adjust accordingly in the resolution
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next