Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 35 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  zappo168 Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:05 pm

As soon as everyone has gathered up and Iris has returned from her bath, she will head out with the others. "You shouldn't spend so much money on that creature, especially for so little," she whispers. "I'm not sure that will be much for a meal for his huge gullet anyway. Let me know if I should run around the outskirts and try an attempt at a hunt or two before we enter."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 35 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:58 am

zappo168 wrote:As soon as everyone has gathered up and Iris has returned from her bath, she will head out with the others. "You shouldn't spend so much money on that creature, especially for so little," she whispers. "I'm not sure that will be much for a meal for his huge gullet anyway. Let me know if I should run around the outskirts and try an attempt at a hunt or two before we enter."

"Do not worry, dear sister." Iris whispers to Jasmine. "Wodana has provided for us, so that I may provide for others."
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:39 am

Gemma wrote:After breakfast and baths, Gemma says, "So, off to find a merchant?" She will get up and head toward the door with her siblings, as soon as it looks like people are ready to follow.
Jasmine wrote:As soon as everyone has gathered up and Iris has returned from her bath, she will head out with the others.
Bright and early, the party moves from the inn and directly toward town. The walk is only a couple of miles and merchants are already lined up at the town's wooden gate. Fortunately, the guards allow you to pass through the "foot door" and bypass the long lines.

Once inside the gates, you find yourselves in a modest market square. Most of the stalls belong to grocers and furriers, but the wooden buildings surrounding the square appear to house actual stores.

- OOC: What sort of merchant are you searching for?
Merrill wrote:Merrill will head out with Gemma and co. She wants to get her bow appraised to see if it's an equal portion of the loot.
A sign hangs outside one of the nearby stores that reads "Fletcher & Sons." It looks like a bowyer's shop.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:52 am

Merrill will head inside and smile at whoever is behind the counter. "Good morning. I was hoping you would be able to appraise some pieces for me." She sets the new now and quiver on the counter
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:16 pm

Gemma is looking for a jewelry store or a general merchant.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:24 pm

"So I suppose it's up to us to find the smelter," Jasmine says to Iris, pushing along the wheelbarrow full of covered silver. "Hopefully it's in this area, so we don't have to look far for one another."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:31 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill will head inside and smile at whoever is behind the counter. "Good morning. I was hoping you would be able to appraise some pieces for me." She sets the new bow and quiver on the counter
The man behind the counter has delicate features and smiles back at Merrill with brilliant white teeth. "Good morning!" After examining the bow and quiver for a few moments (and realizing the power they hold), he looks sidelong at Merrill for a long moment. Finally, eventually, he says, "Listen, I don't want to cheat you. What you've got here is essentially priceless. If you're looking to sell it, I can offer you maybe 500 coins ... but if you're really willing to part with these, you should find a nobleman -- one who hunts -- and who knows how you could get! Thousands!"
Gemma wrote:Gemma is looking for a jewelry store or a general merchant.
This part of town doesn't seem to have a proper jeweler, probably because most of the locals don't have that sort of coin. She does spot a general store, however, with placard that read "Stuff and More." The building is larger than others along this street and seems to be packed full of odds and ends. Peeking inside, she sees an elderly couple putting a little elbow grease into cleaning some old platters."
Jasmine wrote:"So I suppose it's up to us to find the smelter," Jasmine says to Iris, pushing along the wheelbarrow full of covered silver. "Hopefully it's in this area, so we don't have to look far for one another."
Although it seems there is no smelter along the market square, Jasmine immediately locates a blacksmith's shop. Surely, the smith must know where to find a local smelter.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:55 pm

Malazek wrote:Although it seems there is no smelter along the market square, Jasmine immediately locates a blacksmith's shop. Surely, the smith must know where to find a local smelter.

Entering the blacksmith with her sister, Iris approaches someone who appears to be in charge. "Good morning. My name is Iris Landsend, and this is my sister, Jasmine. We are looking for someone to sell some silver bars to. Would you know of someone who would be interested kind sir/madam?"
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:26 am

Malazek wrote:The man behind the counter has delicate features and smiles back at Merrill with brilliant white teeth. "Good morning!" After examining the bow and quiver for a few moments (and realizing the power they hold), he looks sidelong at Merrill for a long moment. Finally, eventually, he says, "Listen, I don't want to cheat you. What you've got here is essentially priceless. If you're looking to sell it, I can offer you maybe 500 coins ... but if you're really willing to part with these, you should find a nobleman -- one who hunts -- and who knows how you could get! Thousands!"
"I was hoping it would be closer to a silver Ingot" Merrill mumbles, thinking about the imbalance in loot. "Will you buy my Old bow then?"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:10 am

Merrill wrote:"I was hoping it would be closer to a silver Ingot" Merrill mumbles, thinking about the imbalance in loot. "Will you buy my Old bow then?"
"Perhaps," he says. "Let me see it." After a examing the old bow, he nods and says "Designed well enough, but a tad worn from use: I can give you a couple of coins for it."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 am

Malazek wrote:"Perhaps," he says. "Let me see it." After a examing the old bow, he nods and says "Designed well enough, but a tad worn from use: I can give you a couple of coins for it."
Merrill will sell her old bow and quiver then.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Jasmine pulls Iris aside outside the smith's front door. "I'll hang out here and guard the loot," she whispers, "while you go in and ask which way's the smelter, if there is one here. Okay?"
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:26 am

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine pulls Iris aside outside the smith's front door. "I'll hang out here and guard the loot," she whispers, "while you go in and ask which way's the smelter, if there is one here. Okay?"
- OOC: Iris has not been able to post, due to Tropical Storm Hermine and Jasmine is campaign for the holiday weekend. So, I'm just going to position them ...

Iris dodders into the smith's shop and returns a moment later with directions to the smelter. The smelter is also close to the edge of town, but it is further from the main road and away from the merchant square. They will need to walk more than a few blocks, but the town is only so big.

So, they start walking in that direction.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Malazek wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine pulls Iris aside outside the smith's front door. "I'll hang out here and guard the loot," she whispers, "while you go in and ask which way's the smelter, if there is one here. Okay?"
- OOC: Iris has not been able to post, due to Tropical Storm Hermine and Jasmine is campaign for the holiday weekend. So, I'm just going to position them ...

Iris dodders into the smith's shop and returns a moment later with directions to the smelter. The smelter is also close to the edge of town, but it is further from the main road and away from the merchant square. They will need to walk more than a few blocks, but the town is only so big.

So, they start walking in that direction.

OOC: Thanks, Mal. I didn't lose power or anything but I didn't want to chance my PC.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:00 am

Gemma approaches the store called "Things and Stuff". She enters and looks around for a moment, before heading to the counter to find a merchant. "Excuse me, sir [OOC: or miss, depending on the clerk], I am looking for someone who deals in valuable gems. Have I come to the right place? Or can you point me in another direction?"

Her siblings stand just outside the shop, waiting for her to return.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:47 am

Gemma wrote:Gemma approaches the store called "Things and Stuff". She enters and looks around for a moment, before heading to the counter to find a merchant. "Excuse me, sir, I am looking for someone who deals in valuable gems. Have I come to the right place? Or can you point me in another direction?" Her siblings stand just outside the shop, waiting for her to return.
"Indeed you have," the old man says. "I deal in all sorts of commodities. What sort of gem are looking for?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:10 pm

"I'm looking to sell a gem, the likes of which you've probably never seen! We fought two dragons for it...who knows how long it had been kept in their hoard?" She pulls the pouch containing the gem up to the counter, making the size of the stone obvious through the leather. "Are you interested?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:43 am

Jasmine continues toward the smelter with Iris. "It will be a relief, at least, to not have to push this weight around anymore. Although hopefully we'll have heavy pouches instead." She winks.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:15 am

Gemma wrote:"I'm looking to sell a gem, the likes of which you've probably never seen! We fought two dragons for it...who knows how long it had been kept in their hoard?" She pulls the pouch containing the gem up to the counter, making the size of the stone obvious through the leather. "Are you interested?"
The shopkeeper's eyes open widely. "Yes, yes, definitely! But two dragons? May I see it? Cut, clarity, color: that stuff matters, when you're talking gemstones. Anyway, I can't make a proper offer without knowing what I'm getting into."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:30 am

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine continues toward the smelter with Iris. "It will be a relief, at least, to not have to push this weight around anymore. Although hopefully we'll have heavy pouches instead." She winks.
After a few good minutes of walking, the sisters find themselves the smelly part of town. From there, they find the smelter rather easily, standing between the dyer and the tanner. No fancy sign hangs outside to welcome customers; just a small, simple plaque on the door that reads "Jernigan's."

The building itself is old and run-down, but plenty of smoke billows from it's three chimneys.

As they cross the threshold to enter, the sisters are hit with sweltering wall of heat. There are no torches or candles burning to keep the place lit, but the three ovens provide enough light to see. At first, there doesn't seem to be anybody working here, but eventually you spot her. A single woman is operating all three furnaces. She doesn't seem to have noticed you.

As you approach her, you see that she is scantily dressed (probably because of the heat) and impressively muscled.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Malazek wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine continues toward the smelter with Iris. "It will be a relief, at least, to not have to push this weight around anymore. Although hopefully we'll have heavy pouches instead." She winks.
After a few good minutes of walking, the sisters find themselves the smelly part of town. From there, they find the smelter rather easily, standing between the dyer and the tanner. No fancy sign hangs outside to welcome customers; just a small, simple plaque on the door that reads "Jernigan's."

The building itself is old and run-down, but plenty of smoke billows from it's three chimneys.

As they cross the threshold to enter, the sisters are hit with sweltering wall of heat. There are no torches or candles burning to keep the place lit, but the three ovens provide enough light to see. At first, there doesn't seem to be anybody working here, but eventually you spot her. A single woman is operating all three furnaces. She doesn't seem to have noticed you.

As you approach her, you see that she is scantily dressed (probably because of the heat) and impressively muscled.
"G'day,miss!" Jasmine calls out in a loud voice. "Could we have a moment of your time? We have some items you may be interested in."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:50 pm

"Of course," Gemma assures the merchant. "I just wanted to be sure that I was dealing with someone who knew their stuff!" She reveals the gem with a flourish and studies the man's reaction.

OOC: Insight to see if he really knows gems or is talking out of his you-know-what, +0
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:50 pm

The member 'Glitz' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:04 pm

OOC: How much does Merrilll get for the bow?

Her business done, Merrill heads over to the Jeweler where Gemma is.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Merrill wrote:OOC: How much does Merrilll get for the bow?
Her business done, Merrill heads over to the Jeweler General Store where Gemma is.
- OOC: 2 Coins
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next