Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 23 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:06 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax: HP 72/42; AC 28(27 Bloodied) Fort 20 Ref 18 Will 16; Healing Surges=11/0 Action Points=1

Mordax snarls and presses the dog before him.

Hit: 1d20=20+12 = 32 (natch!)
Dmg: 1d10+6=16 (Max Dmg on a Crit)

DM EDIT: OOC: Attacking the dog? I hope you're calling the Sub a "dog" and not not actually attacking Hound. Hehe.

OOC: Also ... the Potion and Healing-Word both require you to spend a Surge in order to be healed; but you only had one left. You drank the potion first (which used up your last surge), so Healing Word should have no effect on you (but I don't think you added those points, anyway). I went ahead and subtracted that last surge for you.

Then, after you took the potion, the Subcommander hit you for 10 (Round 5, Init 6).
So, you should be at 42, correct? I adjusted that, also

OOC: Correct on all counts, and, tae'!
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 23 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:06 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:You know how long I've been getting away with not posting a thing here for! Garh! Yea. I'm at 17HPs. Which is NOT a lot.
DM EDIT: Yeah, for a long time ... but now you've actually taken damage. Hehe.

Alex: HP 17/45; AC 22 Fort 15 Ref 21 Will 21; Surges 6/6 Action Points 1
------------------------------------

Alex grunts as a barrage of stones hurled through the air pound him from various directions.

As it looks like Mordax and Verity are handling the situation well, Alex helps out the imperial soldiers. the rain around them turns to boiling hot steam as the puddles rise from the ground to burn the skin.

Then Alex narrows his eyes at the rockbender, and throws his arms into the air in his direction.

It is as if a giant shockwave has shaken the earth. All the water on the floor rises in a terrifying wave chilled to icy temperatures -smashing towards the rockbender! As sturdy as dwarves are, Alex hopes its enough to keep him away for the moment, not having time to check he dashes as far away from the magic user as possible.

-------------------------
Standard: Boiling Mist; Area burst 1 centered on F15 (or, as many bolters as possible by the time its my turn).
Attacks: 18, 22, 21, 13 vs. Reflex
Damage: 12 Fire
Standard (AP! +2 bonus from Straegis): Blizzard Wave vs. Rockbender
Attack: 17 vs. Fortitude
Damage: 13 Force and on a Hit, push the target back 3 squares and knock it prone (but, you know, its a dwarf! And I probably missed).
Move: aa22
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:07 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:63/64 AC:21 Fort:21 Ref:21 Will:18 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

With the help of one of the cavaliers, Straegis manages to get around the back of the trebuchet and climb onto it. He moves in on a bolter and makes a well placed strike that leaves him exposed for another attack. He yells to Agatha "Now is the time to finish him!"

Acrobatics: 1d20=14+2(assist)=16
Athletics: 1d20=4+13(s)+2(assist)=19

Move: To N9.
Minor: Yell to Agatha.
Standard: Attack bolter at O10 using Warlord's Favor.

Attack: 1d20=13+12-2=23
Damage: 2d8=7+7=14

O.O.C.: If Agatha attacks bolter at O10 before the end of my next turn, she is +5 to Hit him (Warlord- Warlord's Favor).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP 2+37/69; AC 27 Fort 21 Ref 21 Will 24; Healing Surges=5/11 Action Points=1

Verity calls upon divine grace to steel himself and his allies. Then he skewers the sub-commander upon Revenge.

Minor: Divine Word self for 17+6 hit points
Minor: Divine Mettle for Fortis's death save +5 modifier and Alex gains 7 hit points (from sword)
Standard: Strike Sub-commander w/ bolstering strike - 20(Crit)+11 to hit, 20 damage
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Round 6 Resolution & Recap ...

Init 22
Davin spins and takes aim, sending two arrows into the upper body of a Bolter. That Bolter shoots back, barely missing; and then clutches his skull and dies, spilling blood over the side of the platform.

The other Bolters fire at the Cavaliers and scramble around, trying to both hold the ladder and avoid suffering anymore psychic damage. A couple even decide to make a break for it. Those who fail to escape the baleful whispers are again tortured by it.

Init 21
Pressing the Subcommander, Mordax snarls and smacks the Dwarf hard with the magical hammer.

Init 12
Hound makes a dash under the trebuchet and comes to Mordax's aid, nipping at the Subcommander.

After climbing onto the platform, Straegis rushes the moving Dwarves and strikes one with a well-placed blow that leaves an opening for Agatha. With a shout, he informs the hag of the opportunity.

The Cavalier that helped him up, begins to ride around to the other side of the warmachine.

Init 8
With a few quick words of prayer, Verity heals himself and brings his fallen brother back from death's jaws. With the power of Revenge, he skewers the head of the Sucommander (killing him), heals Alex, and rewards himself in divine vigor.

Seeing that Mordax and Verity have things under control, Alex burns the Bolters above the Cavaliers. (F15? I think you meant P15, but since I can't be sure I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and move that over to O15 so that the Cavaliers don't get caught in that blast. 3 Bolters are injured) ... Before running to safety, he also tries to smash the Rockbender with an icy tidal wave; the hearty Dwarf shrugs off the the chilling bite of the icy, but is forced back several paces.

Following Straegis's command, Agatha steps from around the wheel and bellows a thunderous howl that blasts the bolters away from Straegis. (They were both hit and damaged, and pushed 2 squares away from Agatha)

Init 6
Two of the Cavaliers, fully aware that they can't push the Dwarves from the ledge) climb the ladder and chop at the Bolters with their swords; killing one of them. The other Cavaliers readied themselves to climb the ladder, should their comrades fall.

Sensing the battle is lost, the Rockbender flees.

With their leader down and their magic-users on the run, the Engineers also make a break for it ... and are quickly cut down by Mordax, Verity, Hound, and Fortis.

As a Free Action ... the 6 remaining Bolters surrender.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 23 Pq1z5pZ9

OOC: Wow, the increasing pixelation on this map was just horrid!
I apologize for how hard it was to read this time
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 pm

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:OOC: Wow, the increasing pixelation on this map was just horrid!
I apologize for how hard it was to read this time

OOC: Every time you save as a jpg you'll lose a bit. Try png. If you want to avoid load time, save a copy as a png each time, and then save a copy of that as a jpeg to post.

Mordax hefts his mallet and barks "Down wi' yer' weapons, boyos', an' off wi' yer' armour!"

Mordax will kick away anything that can be used as a weapon.

Turning to whomever seems to be the leader of the horsemen, he says "Weel met soldier, an' weel done. Will ye' bind these prisoners fer' interrogation, and do ye' hae' a horse or three tae' carry them?"

Turning then to his companions, he says "We may no' hae' much time tae bring this monstrosity doon. We should prolly do tha' now . . .
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:OOC: Every time you save as a jpg you'll lose a bit. Try png. If you want to avoid load time, save a copy as a png each time, and then save a copy of that as a jpeg to post.
OOC: Yeah, I know. I usually save the original as a bmp, and then make a jpeg copy to post ... but this time, I forgot. So I was forced to modify jpeg after jpeg. And it didn't help that when my power was out, we had to pull the image from the internet (which made it even less clear).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Gathering Verity into a hug, Fortis says "Brother! By what god's grace were you brought to me in the nick of time? Nevermind, I already know the answer. It is so good to see you, brother. I only wish our reunion had come under better circumstances."

Mordax wrote:Turning to whomever seems to be the leader of the horsemen,
Mordax looks around and sees that Platoon's Corporal is now in charge (their Lieutenant was killed). He goes to address the Corporal and finds the man embracing Verity.
Mordax wrote:he says "Weel met soldier, an' weel done. Will ye' bind these prisoners fer' interrogation, and do ye' hae' a horse or three tae' carry them?"
Loosening his grip on Verity, Corporal Servinus turns to Mordax and says "Yes, sir. By my estimation, we are down 40 men and 5 horses. That means, we have 35 horses to reign in. I'm sure the prisoners can be tied upon a few of those."

Looking to the north, he watches as another distant warmachine goes up in flames. "How do you suggest we destroy it? We brought carpentry hammers and lumber axes, as well as flagons of naphta, but I was told you guys are the experts."

Meanwhile, the rest of the Cavaliers have bound the last six Dwarves.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax gives an astonished guffaw, and barks "Why Corporal Servinus! Agin' we meet! Aye, an' I'll mark ye' a General yet!"

Craning his neck upwards, he says "Ye've naptha? Douse it an' burn it."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:09 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex feels the healing warmth from Verity's divine magic. Sighing as his opponent has fled, he relaxes. Dropping his shoulders and walking over to the group.

He tosses his hair out of his eyes and regards his battered body. Covered in dirt, soil and blood (a large amount of it his own). He flops onto the floor and cries out in pain.

"UGH!" Noticing for the first time a sturdy bolt sticking out of his side. He stretches out on the floor (a peculiar site indeed) so he can deal with this quickly.

He tears his blue jerkin around the bolt with a knife made of ice. Still laying down, he covers the wound in ice to numb the pain and then yanks out the bolt. "HAI!" He prevents and blood loss by controlling the fluids within his body, and presses the two sides of the wound together, finally covering it with more ice.

Getting to his feet steadily, he adresses the blood loss in his shoulder from the axe wound, and manages the swelling where the rockbender sent a volley of stones at him. He'll probably still bruise, but they will just be purple, and not an angry green.

Satisfied. He brushes himself off and joins in the conversation. Too weary to talk. He busies himself with removing the blood and attempting to clean his clothes. His Jerkin, however, has seen better days. He managed to remove the water off the blood, but it has left him with a dry stain, and, of course, he had to tear it to get at the bolt. He gives a little sigh and slides to a position next to Verity and gracefully thanks him. "Thank you for coming to my aid Verity, I do not know what I would have done if that dwarf had stayed so close to me." And he does the same to Davin, who finished off the Hammerer.

-----------------------
Alex: HP 24/45; AC 22 Fort 15 Ref 21 Will 21; Surges 6/6 Action Points 0

Spending 2 healing surges.

Alex: HP 45/45; AC 22 Fort 15 Ref 21 Will 21; Surges 4/6 Action Points 0
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax gives an astonished guffaw, and barks "Why Corporal Servinus! Agin' we meet! Aye, an' I'll mark ye' a General yet!"
"Wha? We've met?" Verity realizes that Mordax has mistaken Fortis for Frater, probably because the two look so much alike.

Mordax wrote:Craning his neck upwards, he says "Ye've naptha? Douse it an' burn it."
"Very well." He runs over to his men and relays the order.

The Cavaliers comence to smashing their naphta-filled clay jugs against the support beams of the trebuchet, creating a nasty fire that even the rain can't extinguish. By the time they've climbed off of the wooden structure, it's plenty ablaze, and spitting thick black fire towards the sky.

And several similiar smoking fires appear in the distance, each about half a mile apart. Within minutes, the lights stretch as far as you can see, and then further.

_____ _____ _____ _____

XPs for the Fight: 130 Each (It's less than before because there was so many more NPCs helping you this time).

XPs for the "Destroy the Warmachines" Quest: 700 Each.

That brings everyone to 14,141
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Fortis wrote:"Brother! By what god's grace were you brought to me in the nick of time? Nevermind, I already know the answer. It is so good to see you, brother. I only wish our reunion had come under better circumstances."
"Certainly the weather could have been better, though this tempest dampens my spirits none at all. Rather I am much pleased to see the honor you do our name.
"The Queen has graced me much this day for I was re-acquainted with Frater and Uncle Veridic just this very afternoon, though it seems much longer ago. Gods, what a day it's been. As our dear departed Grandmum used to say, when it rains it pours. I much look forward to telling you all about it: by a fire over a pint, and Gods willing, soon."
Verity produces the flask from his belt and throws one back, wincing. He offers it to Fortis. "Pass that 'round. It's not our twelve year brandy, but it'll warm you."
"The rout of these war machines will hearten the good people of the seven hills. It insures we will have a capital left to defend, and make the coming siege much more bearable.
"Ha! Maybe we are the experts at destroying them. Certainly, cutting loose the counterweight and crushing it's attendants below worked most tidily over yonder."

Mordax wrote:"Why Corporal Servinus! Agin' we meet! Aye, an' I'll mark ye' a General yet!"
"Ah, but this is yet another of my kin. Allow me to introduce my brother Fortis. Fortis, do you recall the fish-monger who set up across from us at market back home? Would you believe it was none other than the storied soldier Mordax? Anything else you want to know about destroying trebuchets, he's your man.

Alex wrote:"Thank you for coming to my aid Verity, I do not know what I would have done if that dwarf had stayed so close to me."
Verity passes the flask and clasps his friend's good shoulder. "I'm sure you'd have done me the same, were our Fates reversed. Too, we both have much reason to see an end to these scheming dwarves." He gazes off through the sheets of rain pelting the wind - whipped battlefield. "Curse those cowards who fled. Their day shall come though. The Queen always gets her due."
"Now to tend the fallen" Verity eulogizes the dead. He cannot light the customary candle to light their way to the Queen, but the towering conflagration of the trebuchet serves well in it's stead.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:10 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"A pleasure to meet you Fortis."

Alex gives a slight nod and then wanders off

Alex closes his eyes a moment, stretching out his senses.

---------------
Arcana 25 to Detect magic within 9 squares of himself. He'll possition himself at various heavy points on the battlefield and try three more times. 25, 30, 33. I'll leave it up to you to decide where he stands, he's just looking for magical items or something.

Sense the presense of magic: DC: DC 20 + one-half the level of a magic item, power (conjuration or zone), ritual, or magical phenomenon within range.
---------------

"Straegis" He calls whilst he roves around the battlefield searching for magic. "I was very impressed by your magic." He nods.

"I'd like you to teach me."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:11 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis laughs a little at Alex's compliment, but then he thinks to himself how much he actually enjoyed using the magic. He says "Surely you jest Alex, perhaps it would be the other way around?" Straegis tells everyone to come closer, once everyone gets together he says a few encouraging words "That was a phenomenal show of battlefield prowess, they never knew what hit them. We are fighting as one, and they are falling one by one! Let's keep it up!" Everyone seems to feel slightly refreshed after his pep talk. "Verity, if your brother took those prisoners in, perhaps he would gain a rank." Straegis turns to Mordax and says "I saw you do something back there that I was wondering if you could show me? It seemed like you used your net to push the man back while you were fighting. Do you think you could show me how to do that with my shield?"

Minor Action: Stand Tough on all allies within 5 sq.

O.O.C.: Straegis will wait until everyone is within 5 sq. of him before talking. Myself and all allies present will regain 10 HP (Warlord- Stand Tough). I want to put the fighter "Tide of Iron" ('nets' in Mordax case) into the Cagoule of Marjack for later use.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:11 pm

The Witch-King wrote:
Halcyon wrote:Verity produces the flask from his belt and throws one back, wincing. He offers it to Fortis. "Pass that 'round. It's not our twelve year brandy, but it'll warm you."
"The rout of these war machines will hearten the good people of the seven hills. It insures we will have a capital left to defend, and make the coming siege much more bearable.
"Ha! Maybe we are the experts at destroying them. Certainly, cutting loose the counterweight and crushing it's attendants below worked most tidily over yonder."

Mordax wrote:"Why Corporal Servinus! Agin' we meet! Aye, an' I'll mark ye' a General yet!"
"Ah, but this is yet another of my kin. Allow me to introduce my brother Fortis. Fortis, do you recall the fish-monger who set up across from us at market back home? Would you believe it was none other than the storied soldier Mordax? Anything else you want to know about destroying trebuchets, he's your man.

Mordax takes a swig off the flask, shadows playing across his craggy countenance.

"Aye, I see it now. Does yuir ma' know tha' whole clan's gone off tae play soldier? Tho' I willnae argue overmuch, as yuir a right staid bunch an' no doubt.

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis turns to Mordax and says "I saw you do something back there that I was wondering if you could show me? It seemed like you used your net to push the man back while you were fighting. Do you think you could show me how to do that with my shield?"

Passing along the soothing spirits, Mordax chuckles and says "Aye an' easily enou', since it were a shieldman who taught it tae me mony moons ago. It's actually much harder wi' a net, mind, an' yer' a sharp one, so ye' should pick it up right quick.

Weel, we're a right sore group an' tha' night's growin' short. We should be gettin' back 'afore we're cut off separated fraem the General. He'll be needin' true fightin' men at his side, an' no' tha' sycophants he'll be drawin'.

Addressing the assembled men, he asks "Have ye' any parchment an' writin' stick?"

Presuming one does, Mordax scribbles a note, rolls it up and hands it to Fortis.

"Take tha' tae tha' General, lad, fer' we've business elsewhere. We'll rejoin ye' soon enou', should providence prove true."

OOC: The note recommends Fortis and Fratus for promotion to Lieutenant, and outlines the groups plan to travel for a bit.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Malazek wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:Arcana 25 to Detect magic within 9 squares of himself. He'll possition himself at various heavy points on the battlefield and try three more times. 25, 30, 33. I'll leave it up to you to decide where he stands, he's just looking for magical items or something.

Sense the presense of magic: DC: DC 20 + one-half the level of a magic item, power (conjuration or zone), ritual, or magical phenomenon within range.
Alex is dissappointed, but there's seems to be no magic here other than that which the PCs already possessed. The The Eyepatch of Hemingr seems ready to cumminucate it's powers to you ...

The Eyepatch of Hemingr
Item Slot: Head

ANGRY (Concordance 0 or Lower)
Property: The user is permanently blinded.

UNSATISFIED (Concordance 1-4)
Property: The wearer can see invisiblity.
Property: The user suffers headaches, which inflict a -2 penalty on ALL rolls.

NORMAL (Concordance 5-11)
Property: The wearer ignores concealment (including total concealment) and cover (but not superior cover), and can see invisiblity.
Property: +1 Bonus to Perception Checks

SATISFIED (Concordance 12-15)
Property: The wearer ignores concealment (including total concealment) and cover (but not superior cover), and can see invisiblity.
Property: +3 Bonus to Perception Checks
Property: +1 Bonus to Thievery Checks, +1 Bonus to Arcana Checks.
Property: User gains Darkvision.

PLEASED (Concordance 16-20)
Property: +5 Bonus to Perception Checks
Property: +3 Bonus to Thievery Checks, +3 Bonus to Arcana Checks.
Property: User gains Darkvision.
Property: The user deals an extra die of damage whenever using her/his sneak attack, warlock's curse, or hunter's quarry feature.

CONCORANCE
Owner gains a level ... +1d10
Owner uncovers an important secret ... +2
Owner exposes a major conspiracy ... +1
Owner correctly answers a serious riddle ... +1
Owner is tricked or fooled by an NPC ... -2
Owner uses another Sentient Item: -1 (-2 if the Item is an Artifact)

_____

Also, the Eyepatch and the Aqeaus Templar both gained +1 Concordance during this Encounter.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:12 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Tipping his face into the rain, the old man hefts his hammer and turns to the Hag Agatha.

"Now, me bitch, we've unfinished business, you an' I. Ye an' yuir sisters 'ave escaped me fer' tha' last time. Yuir skull belongs on me' mantle, along wi' tha' ten I've already collected fraem yuir coven. O'er twenty years now I've hunted you an' yuir kin, fer' tha' damage done tae mine. Unlike yuir jealous sister, I willnae strike fraem tha' shadows like a venomous snake. This is yuir warning, hag. Defend yuirsel'."

With that pronouncement, Mordax falls into a fighting stance, net raised to the front, hammer raised to the side, and advances on the hated enemy.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:13 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 61/61; AC 21 Fort 19 Ref 22 Will 21; Healing Surges=7/8 Action Points=1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 105/105; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 Action Points=0

I will spend one surge to be at max hit points.

Davin trots over to the others as Hound lopes to join his master and greets Fortis with a silent nod. Then I turn to Agatha.

"Thank you again, Agatha. Your help may have been the difference between success and failure this night."

As Mordax begins to scribble his note, Davin speaks up.

"You don't want to stay here tonight and leave at first light? I could use some more arrows before we head off, and I am curious as to how the others fared."

"Isn't there a Aquamancer stronghold very close to the Cave Temple? Agatha - if we provided the reagents to work the magic, could you Portal us there? That would cut our travel time down by 10 days."

I would prefer to spend the night here and leave at first light, or provision, check in with Ferell and the others, and then portal tonight. Of course, we are not sure what we will be portalling into...so option 1 is the best bet, I feel.

The Witch-King wrote:Tipping his face into the rain, the old man hefts his hammer and turns to the Hag Agatha.

"Now, me bitch, we've unfinished business, you an' I. Ye an' yuir sisters 'ave escaped me fer' tha' last time. Yuir skull belongs on me' mantle, along wi' tha' ten I've already collected fraem yuir coven. O'er twenty years now I've hunted you an' yuir kin, fer' tha' damage done tae mine. Unlike yuir jealous sister, I willnae strike fraem tha' shadows like a venomous snake. This is yuir warning, hag. Defend yuirsel'."

With that pronouncement, Mordax falls into a fighting stance, net raised to the front, hammer raised to the side, and advances on the hated enemy.

Davin takes a few steps back, with his bow still in hand and levels his gaze on the warrior.

"I stand with Agatha, Mordax. It was my idea to summon her, and I would never have done so if I knew it would lead her to this."

Sensing the tension in the air, Hound begins a low, rumbling growl.

Arrow Count=23/40, Wrapped=20/20

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"Thank you again, Agatha. Your help may have been the difference between success and failure this night."

"Isn't there a Aquamancer stronghold very close to the Cave Temple? Agatha - if we provided the reagents to work the magic, could you Portal us there? That would cut our travel time down by 10 days."
"Aye. Ah could, if'n there's a perm'nent portal there, an' if'n you gots the sigil sequence fer the dest'nation?"

Mordax wrote:"Now, me bitch, we've unfinished business, you an' I. Ye an' yuir sisters 'ave escaped me fer' tha' last time. Yuir skull belongs on me' mantle, along wi' tha' ten I've already collected fraem yuir coven. O'er twenty years now I've hunted you an' yuir kin, fer' tha' damage done tae mine. Unlike yuir jealous sister, I willnae strike fraem tha' shadows like a venomous snake. This is yuir warning, hag. Defend yuirsel'."
"Ah've gots no fight wit' you, good Mordax, an' I don' run wit' me sistas nor no coven no more."

Davin wrote:"I stand with Agatha, Mordax. It was my idea to summon her, and I would never have done so if I knew it would lead her to this." Sensing the tension in the air, Hound begins a low, rumbling growl.
Continuing, Agatha says "Ah un'erstand yer gripe, an' if my 'ead be all that cin sat'sfy it, then ah'll let a 'ave it ... but ah ask ya, please, let me 'elp you kill my sistas before ya take me 'ead. I'd 'ate to die before them two spawns o' evil."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Taken aback by Davin's vehemence, and noting Agatha's eagerness to help hunt the others, Mordax falters.

Lowering his hammer slightly, he stops, and says "Very weel, witch, I'll stay my vengeance another night. Fer' tha' love I bear me companion, mind, who's been fooled by yer' false whiles. Yer' help in huntin' yuir sisters I'll take, an' I swear agin' by all tha' gods tha' I'll no rest until they be sent back tae tha' hell tha' spawned 'em.

Mark me weel, though; should ye' cross me, or harm in any way these virtuous folk, ye'll wish fer' tha' sweet kiss o' death 'afore I'm done wi' ye."

He then stalks into the wet night, seeking solace amidst the shadows.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:"Very weel, witch, I'll stay my vengeance another night ... ye'll wish fer' tha' sweet kiss o' death 'afore I'm done wi' ye." He then stalks into the wet night, seeking solace amidst the shadows.
"Thank ye" she says, as Mordax dissappears into the rainy darkness.
Swifthand wrote:The conflict set aside for the time being, I shoulder my bow and trot off into the rainy night, heading for where we left the wagon.

-Swift
Malazek wrote:OOC: 140 XPs each for the MInor Quest: "Make sure the Servinus Imperials are all Okay" (14,280)
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

"If we're all done here, I need to head back with the prisoners. The longer we stay here, the more likely we are to run into reinforcements ... which I'd prefer to avoid (especially since I am down to a quinte of what we came with.

As far is this note is conscerned: Should I deliver it (as Mordax requested) or will you be resting up in the city before you leave (as Davin suggested)?"

Agatha weighs in, "Ah'll be stayin' long as m'sista is 'ere, an' ah think Mordax'd fin' relief if'n it too. Straegis, what d'ya think? Will spendin' the'night 'ere greatly affect yer coun'erattack? How 'bout if we cin portal ya a greater part o' th'distance? An' Alex, d'ya have the sigil sequence needed fer it?"

OOC: You do. All seekers are given the sigil sequence to Imil and Jaru, even if they can't cast the ritual when they set out.

In ominous fashion, the Aqeaus Templar suddenly flashes a bright bluish-white light (just like the flash it emitted when Alex had it on in the street outside of Ferall's barracks). For a brief moment, Verity senses a feeling of longing radiating from the Templar; but it quickly subsides.

"Well, I'm glad that thing didn't flash like that when you six were sneaking into position."

Hound barks.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. ... you seven, I mean."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:14 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex chuckles.

"Yes. I have the sigil sequence." He nods.

Straegis laughs a little at Alex's compliment, but then he thinks to himself how much he actually enjoyed using the magic. He says "Surely you jest Alex, perhaps it would be the other way around?"

"I'm serious. Just...tell me how to do it. I know some of the theory behind the...erm...non-elemental magics, but, I've always been a little interested in them to say the least. How did you make the fire?"
Halcyon wrote:Verity watches Mordax stalk off. "Life hasn't left that one much but his grief and anger", he notes sadly. "Sorry Agatha, I thought he'd put his quarrel with you behind him. Though I have to admit, he never said as much."
"If the cavalry is heading back to the city, I'm all for joining the convoy. No sense weathering this tempest with battalions of dwarves about. It'll give me and the corporal a chance to catch up besides. Straegis?"
"The portal of Jaru - of course! I should have thought of it, for pilgrims use it for travel to the Cave Temple - or, rather used it.
"The Queen commands we hurry and so with this portal we shall. But into what? Could it be that the dwarves have taken Jaru too?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Swifthand wrote:Just then, Davin pulls up with the wagon from out of the dark, rainy night.

"I overheard that we can Portal to Jaru. Excellent."

"We are all weary and have hurts that a night's rest among friends will soothe. Let us go report to the General and sleep in his command base. I can resupply, and since you are staying here, Agatha, we can introduce you to our allies there."

"Fortis - can I see that note?"

After he hands it to me, I tear off the bottom of it - the part that said we were departing, leaving Mordax's recommendation for promotion and signature.

"Perfect." I hand the note back to the Cavalier with a grin.

"Now you can deliver that without confusion. Let us all ride back together, in case we have to face any remaining Dwarves. We can tie the prisoners to the back of the wagon. Your Cavaliers can surround them and we can keep an eye from the inside."

I jump down and help tie the prisoners to the wagon (Passive Nature 28), and then jump up in the drivers seat, whistling for Hound to join me.

"HYAA! HYAA!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:The Eyepatch of Hemingr
Item Slot: Head...

Property: The user deals an extra die of damage whenever using her/his sneak attack, warlock's curse, or hunter's quarry feature.

Wow. That is nuts.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis says "I say we could probably all use a good night's rest at this point, especially since we have no clue what we will be stepping into as we go through that portal. I think some of the time could be used to go over these rituals we got from the store, I still haven't had the opportunity to see what they all are, but I do have the strength to fight on if we vote to go now."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next