Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 22 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:57 pm

The Witch-King wrote:
Swifthand wrote:
Round 2 (Hound)
Disruptive Strike (Immediate Interrupt) on the Commander's attack vs. Agatha at initiative count 18

DM EDIT: That's not enough to prevent the attack, but it IS enough that Mordax's attack (on Init 21) finishes off the Commander..

OOC: Wait - have I already attacked this round, then?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 22 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:57 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex stares up -but not that far- at the dwarf hammerer who just lumped him one. He hops back up and the puddles writhe behind him. No room for magic though. As blood soaks his jerkin from the wound he calls to Verity. "Help!" and he attempts to punch the dwarf in the face, but its actually just an ineffectual flail.

----------------
Move: Get up from prone.
Standard: Improvised Unarmed strike! Attack: 8 Miss.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Halcyon wrote:Verity answers Alex's call for aid. Straegis's command of the battlefield allows him to position for a charge. Swept up in the fever of battle, his challenge is a primal war cry followed by a heavy blow to the dwarfs shoulder. He reigns Zephyr back, hoping to draw the Hammerer with him.

Free: Shift away from hammerer
Minor: Challenge hammerer in Y6
Standard: Charge hammerer 26 to hit, 16 damage
Move: Shift to V6/W6
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:OOC: Wait - have I already attacked this round, then?
OOC: No. That's an addendum to last round. Disruptive Strike is an Opportunity Action, which [inconviently] means that Swift doesn't know when he can use it until AFTER I've posted the resolution ... so, sometimes I have to "revise" what I posted. In otherwords, that happened in Round 2, right before your action in Round 2 (which you already posted, and was already included in the Recap & Resolution).

... however, you [the PCs] have already begun posting for Round 3 (but I have not posted the Recap & Resolution for Round 3, just yet - cuz people are still posting their actions for it). So, go ahead and post your Round 3 actions now.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:A long campaigner, Mordax immediately seizes the situation and dashes forward, seeking the head of the hydra.

OOC: Spend action point. Run to R20 (double move and move).

Wait - run (AP) lets me move dbl -1 for armor, which dumps me at R17. Then I move to Q22 and smack the Subcommander.

Att: 1d20=1+12-5(run) =7

Combat Challenge vs. Subcommander
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:59 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - We had a nasty windstorm last night and Mal lost power. He will be on soon.

-Swift
magicspellz12 wrote:OOC- Thank the gods I live in a nice place. Where we don't have crazy stuff like that happening all the time.
The Witch-King wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:OOC- Thank the gods I live in a nice place. Where we don't have crazy stuff like that happening all the time.

Yeah I know what you mean, it actually dropped bellow 60° the other night, and I had to pull out my windbreaker.

Wait, don't you live in England? The place of blacklung and melting witches? Doesn't it rain all year there?
magicspellz12 wrote:I live in England half the time, and the witches are always friendly. The rain doesn't bother us. We've actually had a very good year. Anyway. Onto more pressing matters...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Swifthand wrote:Mal is still without power and it may be a few days, so he and I worked out the Recap & Resolution via phone. Here it is:

Round 3 Recap & Resolution ...

Init 22
Seeing Alex in danger, Davin focuses his fire on the Hammerer looming above him, missing with his first arrow, but striking true with the next.

Hound delays his attack.

Bolters continue to pepper the Cavaliers with their sturdy bolts.

Init 21
As soon as the Commander falls, Mordax goes sprinting off to find the Subcommander. The two closest Hammerers take swings at Mordax as he passes, and one connects. 5 Damage Mordax continues on, avoiding another attack, but running as far as he can.

OOC: You cannot spend 2 Action Points in the same encounter! You do have 2 Action Points, however, you can only spend one of them (and you spent 1 on Round 1). So, you double run, but then don't have enough juice to make an attack when you get there.

Also, I think you mixed up the yellow “S” and the brown “S” – the yellow is the Sandbender, the brown is the Subcommander.

Agatha delays her attack.

Init 12
Yelling for Agatha to get out of the thick of the battle, Straegis takes a swing at the Hammerer behind him and misses. Then, he angrily refocuses, and, on his backswing, cuts the Dwarf deep, momentarily drawing the attention of adversaries nearby.

Having killed the Commander, Hound hears Alex’s cry, and runs over to the Hammerer to take a bite out of his hide.

Agatha shifts around the battlefield and then lets loose a horrifying scream, bursting the Rockbender’s eardrums (21 Damage).

Init 8
Verity uses Straegis’ distraction to position himself for a charge against the Hammerer accosting Alex. With a primal cry of challenge, Zephyr and the Paladin thunder toward the dwarf and smash into him. The Hammerer is now Bloodied.

Alex scrambles to regain his footing, and then takes a wild swing at the Hammerer, connecting with the ruddy nose of the warrior, but only serving to make him flash a gap-toothed smile at the Aquamancer.

The Terramancer sends a wave of earth at the Hag, but the nimble Hag sidesteps it.
He also suffers from Agatha's mutterings.

Init 6

The smiling Hammerer takes a swing on Alex and misses (and suffers 8 Damage from Verity's Divine Challenge.)

The Hammerer on Straegis strikes true with his axe, but misses a follow up blow with his shield. 8 Damage

The Subcommander turns to Mordax, and with a steely gaze, brings shield and hammer to bear. But, Mordax’s piecemail armour fends off the attacks.

The rest of the battle continues to swirl around the adventures, with both side sustaining losses; the most serious of which is the loss of the Imperial Lieutenant and Corporal.

Begin Round 4...
Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 22 AV1rn3OS
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 48/61; AC 21 Fort 19 Ref 22 Will 21; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 7/105/105; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 Action Points=0

Silent as death, Davin sends two arrows at the Rockbender as Hound run over to join "the pack" near Straegis.

Round 4
Minor – Designate Rockbender in aa11 as my Hunter’s Quarry
Move - No move
Standard – Twin Strike Hammerer in Y6
Move - Move to V10
Minor – Designate V11 Hammerer as Hunter's Quarry
Standard – Hit and Run Hammerer in V11

Twin Strike 1=24
Twin Strike 2=29
TS 1 Damage=11
TS 2 Damage=miss
Hit and Run=21
HR Damage=Miss
Hunter's Quarry=Miss

Arrow Count=28/40, Wrapped=20/20

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Davin's attack on the Hammerer in Y6 kills him.

-Swift
Malazek wrote:OOC: Yay! I'm back! Thanks Swift for handling that while I was gone.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Swifthand wrote:Init 21
As soon as the Commander falls, Mordax goes sprinting off to find the Subcommander. The two closest Hammerers take swings at Mordax as he passes, and one connects. 5 Damage Mordax continues on, avoiding another attack, but running as far as he can.

OOC: You cannot spend 2 Action Points in the same encounter! You do have 2 Action Points, however, you can only spend one of them (and you spent 1 on Round 1). So, you double run, but then don't have enough juice to make an attack when you get there.

Also, I think you mixed up the yellow “S” and the brown “S” – the yellow is the Sandbender, the brown is the Subcommander.

OOC: All true. Looks good; next round I'll keep sprinting towards the Subcommander.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:63/64 AC:21 Fort:21 Ref:21 Will:18 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:0

Straegis decides to change position, as he does he tells Agatha to move again also. He swings wildly at the Hammerer but he is off balance and has not quite planted himself before swinging, he is sure this attack will not hit home. His frustration grows.

Move: To V10. OOPS! I'll take W10.
Minor: Tell Agatha to move.
Standard: Wolf Pack Tactics on Hammerer at V11.

Attack: 1d20=7+12+2(flank?)-2=19?
Damage: 1d8=5+7=12

O.O.C.: Agatha can shift 1 sq. for free (Wolf Pack) before my action.

O.O.C.2: I didnt see hound had moved to V10 til after I posted, Mal I amended it above.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:02 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Pale face in twisted in far, Alex backs away as the last arrow sails through the Hammerer and fells him. Wiping sweat off of his brow he skids around and takes a good look at the battlefield. It seems we're loosing. As he watches Mordax sprinting away he says.
"Mordax is going to be slaughtered! This is not going well," as he mechanically brings his arm backwards to send more Ice Spikes against another dwarf. He dashes across the battlefield, attempting to get nearer to Mordax to help more.

------------------
Move: RUN to Y14
Standard: Ice Spikes on the Rockbender.
Attack: 32! Natural 20!
Damage: 20 Cold Damage Critical extra damage roll, and any creature that enters the area or starts its turn there takes 3 force damage.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:"We're not done!" Verity yells to the nearby Rockbender, as he attempts to crush the dwarf. The bender sidesteps though, and Zephyr keeps his momentum towards Mordax.

Minor: Challenge Rockbender in aa11
Standard: Trample Rockbender 8 vs Reflex (invokes AoO)
Move: to R20/S21
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Round 4 Resolution & Recap ...

Init 22
Davin quickly kills the Hammerer on Alex, and prepares to attack the Rockbender next.

After moving to better positions, the Bolters continue to fire at the Cavaliers ... with deadly results.

Init 21
Mordax continues toward the Subcommander, missing when he gets there. Whatever opportunity he granted to the Sandbender "en route" was not capitalized on.
(That is, the Sandbender's OA missed).

Init 12
Though failing to hit, Straegis does help Agatha move to a more tactical position, and at the same time maintains a flanking position to help the Cavaliers.

Hound rushes to Straegis's side, and digs his teeth into the Dwarf's shield; which accomplishes nothing.

Following Straegis's advice, Agatha moves to a better position and then readies an action.

Init 8
Verity unsuccessfully attempt to trample the Rockbender, who not only avoids getting run over, but manages to strike back!
OA vs Verity = 8 Damage.
Then, the holy warrior charges across the battlefield on his valiant steed.

Worried for Mordax, Alex sprints across the battlefield ... blasting the Rockbender with Ice Spikes as he runs. (The RB is now Bloodied)

The Rockbender steps from the icy spikes and into Agatha's trap (i.e. he triggered her Readied Action). Agatha lets loose a mighty Howl, that blasts the RB right into harms way (10 Damage, and pushed back [3-1=]2 Squares). Now adjacent to so many knights, the RB decides not to cast anything.

Init 6
The Cavaliers finish off the isolated Hammerers, reform their ranks, and move to help the heroes; those who can, surround the Rockbender and stab him about the neck and shoulders ... but the stubborn Dwarf just will not die!

The two closest Hammerers continue to hack away at Straegis, but the Marshal defends himself admirably. Wounded by the horseman, Agatha's baleful whispers finish them off.

The lone Hammerer guarding the ladder readies an action.

The Subcommander swings at Mordax, but cannot defeat the soldier's legendary armor.

The nearby Sandbender creates a "dune rift" and steps through it, instantly travelling to a more defensible position. From there, he casts "Crypt Sands" and flings them at Mordax.
6 Damage and Mordax is Weakened (i.e. Mordax deals half damage until Init 6 Next Round).

The Engineers surround Mordax, hellbent on protecting their leader ... but only one manages to land a successful attack.
13 Damage and I believe that drops Mordax to -10 HPs.
You'll need to start making Death Saves, again.

Seeing Mordax drop, the last Rockbender moves to where he can attack Verity. With ill-mannered magiks, he seeks to harm the young knight.
Crit! 17 Damage

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 22 Pq1qXkWS

Begin Round 5 ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 48/61; AC 21 Fort 19 Ref 22 Will 21; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=1
Hound: HP 7/105/105; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 Action Points=0

Round 5
Minor – Designate Bolter in P6 as my Hunter’s Quarry
Move - Move to V9
Standard – Twin Strike Bolter in P6
Move - Move to W14
Minor – Designate W15 Rockbender as Hunter's Quarry
Standard – Hit and Run Hammerer in W15

Twin Strike 1=17 (+1 from Prime Shot)
Twin Strike 2=12
TS 1 Damage=14
TS 2 Damage=miss
Hunter"s Quarry Damage=4
Hit and Run=27
HR Damage=8
Hunter"s Quarry Damage=6

Arrow Count=26/40, Wrapped=20/20

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:Round 4 Resolution & Recap ... . . .The Engineers surround Mordax, hellbent on protecting their leader ... but only one manages to land a successful attack.
13 Damage and I believe that drops Mordax to -10 HPs.
You'll need to start making Death Saves, again.

OOC: Huh? I only count 37hps taken since the last encounter, and I began this encounter with 57hps. What did I miss?

Dying 1d20=9+2 = 11
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:OOC: Huh? I only count 37hps taken since the last encounter, and I began this encounter with 57hps. What did I miss?
OOC: Maybe I'm the one who missed something? I thought you began this encounter with only 14 HPs. This is why ...
The Witch-King wrote:OOC: Mordax has 1 surge left, and is down 14 hps. I'm going to hang to the vitality potion for a bit, just in case. If anyone can heal, now might be a good time.
OOC: So, I see now that you were "down 14 HPs" (I thought you meant "down to 14 hps" because of the emphasis on needing healing). No biggie, I guess Mordax is still up, then. Scratch the need for Death Saves, and go ahead and post your actions for this round.

So, how many hps DO you have left, then?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP 53/69; AC 27 Fort 21 Ref 21 Will 24; Healing Surges=5/11 Action Points=1

Verity maneuvers Zephyr around the great wheel and into a leap over the mules' harness. He offers the battered Mordax a blessing from the Queen. The mounted knight offers a blessing of his own, as powerful hooves thunder over the dwarves surrounding Mordax.

Move: to L21/M21 jumping harness Athletics: 25
Minor: Healing Word, Mordax can spend that last surge and gain 2d6 additional hit points
Standard: Trample western-most engineers (bottom of the map) ending in H22/H23 flanking the Subcommander with Mordax
3, 19, 19, 15 to hit vs reflex
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:04 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:63/64 AC:21 Fort:21 Ref:21 Will:18 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

Straegis sees an opportunity to use his newly acquired fire, he unleashes it toward a bolter on the trebuchet, he figures he can catch multiple targets if it works as intended. Sadly whether caused by the rain or his inexperience, it fizzles as out in a small spark just inches from his fingertips. Suddenly, Straegis gets a crazy idea, he steps forward to talk to the cavaliers immediately in front of him. He says, "I need one of you to give me a ride behind this machine, I'm going to try to jump from the back of your horse on to the deck above."

Standard: Scorching Burst on Bolter at P15.
Minor: Ask Cavaliers for a ride.
Move: To V11.

Attack: 1d20=10+4-2=12 p00f!

O.O.C.: I want to ride around the trebuchet to approximately (J,K,L ish) 2 and jump from the horse onto the trebuchet. I guess athletics? lemme know.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:OOC: Huh? I only count 37hps taken since the last encounter, and I began this encounter with 57hps. What did I miss?
OOC: Maybe I'm the one who missed something? I thought you began this encounter with only 14 HPs. This is why ...
The Witch-King wrote:OOC: Mordax has 1 surge left, and is down 14 hps. I'm going to hang to the vitality potion for a bit, just in case. If anyone can heal, now might be a good time.
OOC: So, I see now that you were "down 14 HPs" (I thought you meant "down to 14 hps" because of the emphasis on needing healing). No biggie, I guess Mordax is still up, then. Scratch the need for Death Saves, and go ahead and post your actions for this round.

So, how many hps DO you have left, then?

Ooo, sorry man, I've 27hps left. FYI, I'm pretty good about keeping my character sheet updated. If you navigate to the "Brackwater Characters" thread, you'll see I'm up to date with AP's, current hps, and the like (or at least I try to be - I presumed everyone was doing that).

Speaking of which, in round 5 Mordax will use a minor action (as well as dashing to the foe) to down his sole Potion of Vitality. That takes him back to 52 hps as he casts the flask aside.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:Scorching Burst on Bolter at P15.
Attack: 1d20=10+4-2=12
OOC: You actually get to make an Attack roll for every target in your [3x3] area of effect! That means it hits the other three Bolters and the Hammerer standing around P15, as well as the one in P15.

Plus, you have your attack roll calculated wrong. Your character sheet says +4, but it should be +8 (Int Mod plus your Half-level). So, that 12 was really a 16 (which hits).

I'll go ahead and roll the other attack rolls for you: Crit, 24, 20, 16. All hits.

Despite making seperate attack rolls, you only roll damage once. I'll go ahead and roll that, too: 10 on the Crit, and 8 Damage to every other Target you hit.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Malazek wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:I'm pretty good about keeping my character sheet updated -I presumed everyone was doing that).
Ok, cool. I'll check there from now on, then.

But actually, some of the other players prefer posting their current stats in the top line of their combat posts. Like this ...
Halcyon wrote:Verity: HP 53/69; AC 27 Fort 21 Ref 21 Will 24; Healing Surges=5/11 Action Points=1
macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:63/64 AC:21 Fort:21 Ref:21 Will:18 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1
Hound wrote:Hound: HP 7/105/105; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 Action Points=0
Either is fine, really.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex dashes through the feet of the Imperial soldiers' horses, the knights moving past as he dances beneath them. Once in positon, he see's how they're swarmed around Mordax.

"Mordax, try not to let them surround you!"

He raises his hands and the puddles on the floor rise to grasp at the feet of the dwarves near Mordax.

-------------------------
Move: Run to U22
Graveyard Fog:Area burst 1 centered on H22.
Attack: (Rolls go E, E, S, E). 28, 13, 13, 23 (TWO NATURAL 1's!) vs. Will.
Damage: 10 and SLOWED until end of my next turn.
Rubbish Rolls
Mordax, you could you try to move to the edge of the group so I can get them without putting you in danger.
Puddles writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of your next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes psychic damage equal to 7 and is slowed until the end of its next turn.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Round 5 Resolution & Recap ...

Init 22
Davin moves to a better position, and shoots an arrow into one of the injured Bolters.

The Bolters on the west/front end of the trebuchet continue to fire at the Cavaliers (killing three); but those further to the east choose different targets.

One firs at Davin, but misses.
One fires at Hound and hits. 11 Damage
One fires at Alex and hits. 12 Damage
The last two fire at Cavaliers, killing one.

Init 21
Mordax quaffs a potion, and "dashes" to the foe. (You didn't have far to dash, so I am assuming you want to attack, as well? I went ahead and rolled for you): 28 to hit, 13 Damage.

Init 12
Hound pounces on the dying Rockbender, and tears his throat out.

Straegis bombs the westmost Bolters with a wicked ball of fire, burning them all (P16 is Bloodied).
The Hammerer before the ladder is also caught in the blast.

Next, the Marshal hitches a ride from a nearby Cavalier, and is carried around the trebuchet toward the middle of its eastern edge.

OOC: NEXT ROUND: Jumping onto the platform from the horse will require an Athletics DC of 50; but Straegis can "reach" the platform simply by standing up on the horse. This will require an Acrobatics or Dex check DC 15 to stand on the horse and then an Athletics check DC 10 to climb up ... but, you will be close enough to the top that it won't cost any extra movement (that is, your first square on the platform will be your first square of movement). The horseman will use his action to aid you in your balance/climb, si add +2 to your rolls.

Init 8
Zephyr hops over the mules' slackened harness, allowing Verity to speak a word of healing; and then the duo charges into the line of Engineers, crushing them under hoof ... but not before the Dwarves swing their hammers and axes at the oncoming knight.

OAs from Engineers ...
... 2 misses & 2 Crits. 13+13 Damage
OA from the Subcommander ...
... Crit! 13 More damage.
OOC: Sorry, bro. Three Natches in Five rolls? That's nuts, even for me.

Also ...
Passive Insight:
Something about the dying Corporal, lying facedown in the mud below, reminds Verity of his Brother Fortis.

Alex sprints across the battlefield, and lays down some nasty Graveyard Fog! Unfortunately, Verity gets caught in it; but Fortunately, the Queen's man shakes it off. The Subcommander isn't so lucky (10 damage and Slowed).

OOC: After you Run, you are -5 to hit until the start of your next turn. So, your attack rolls were actually 23, 8, 8, 18. Fortunately, NONE of these can get through Verity's Will. I randomly applied the 18 to the Subcommander, which barely gets him. .... Also, "Graveyard Fog" (Grasping Shadows) should do 2d8+Int (not 1d8+Int), so I rolled another d8 for you ... the Subcommander took 6 more damage than your post originally stated.

Agatha runs to a spot where she can take cover behind one of the wheels.

Init 6
The remaining Cavaliers dismount, finish the hammerer, and attempt to climb the ladder.

The Subcommander digs his axe into Mordax's side. 10 Damage

The last Rockbender decides the Waterbender is a fitting foe. He spits at curse and sends a barage of flying stones at Alex.

EDIT: This would have caused 14 Damage, but Davin Disrupted it.
OOC: How many HPs does Alex have left? Your Character sheet says you are full health, but you took 16 damage in round 2. So, I think you're at 17 HPs? (45-16-12=17).
OOC: It would make things a lot easier for me if you could post your HPs where I can find them easily (like in a statblock header at the beginning of your combat post, for example). Thanks!! Smile

The Sandbender runs.

Engineers on the platform move to aid the Bolters, and die as a result of Baleful Whispers. The three near Mordax take swings at him, but hopelessly miss.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 22 Pq1vaNNi

Begin Round 6 ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hound: HP 101/105; AC 18 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 Action Points=0

With an eagle eye, I see The Terramancer calling upon the forces of the Earth to strike down Alex.

"Veneficium."

Ator's bow begins to glow venomous-green. In an instant, I spin and, without aim, snap an arrow at the Rockbender. From across the battlefield a streak of emerald flies, and the shaft strikes true, landing with a sickening thud in the outstretched wrist of the magic-user and passing halfway through it. The venom disappears, and, for a instant, seems to flow into the arrow's wound.

I spin back to the Bolter, take quick aim, and send two arrows into his chest and shoulder.

Round 5
Immediate Interrupt - Disruptive Strike Rockbender on Alex

Round 6
Minor – Designate Bolter in P6 as my Hunter’s Quarry
Move - Move to cc16
Standard – Twin Strike Bolter in P6
Move - Move to J21
Minor – Designate I22 Subcommander as Hunter's Quarry
Standard – Hit and Run Subcommander in I22

Disruptive Strike=28
Twin Strike 1=22
Twin Strike 2=26
Disruptive Strike Damage=13
TS 1 Damage=5
TS 2 Damage=6
Hunter"s Quarry Damage=2
Hit and Run=24
HR Damage=4
Hunter"s Quarry Damage=1

O.O.C. - The Rockbender is -8 to Hit Alex. He is also Poisoned by Ator's Bow. Take an ongoing 5 points of damage and you are Weakened, save ends. The Subcommander is knocked Prone.

Arrow Count=23/40, Wrapped=20/20

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next