Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 22 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Malazek wrote:The two men are so equal in height and build that they may have been chosen for the job because of it. After a moment, Verity recognizes one of them as his Uncle Veridic.

Immediately, a man walks out of the Barracks and approaches the captain of the Guard. Davin and Alex recognize him as the shady Lt. Colonel from the Stewbowl!

He exchanges hushed words with the Captain, and then addresses the wagon. "What business do you have with the Lord General? Draxus Ferall is a busy man!"

“I’m sure he is, just as we have been very busy in his service. Junior Marshal Straegis II, yes THAT Straegis II, bears a message both urgent and secret for our Lord General.” Verity dismounts and approaches the door of the stone building. “If that’s not good enough for you, have your guards drag us off. Might be hard to convince them to do it though.” When he reaches the door and is greeted by halberds in his face, Verity removes his helm. “Good day, Uncle.” The triumph of being able to shock his uncle, the same uncle that used to perplex Verity by pulling coins from behind his ear, momentarily lets Verity forget the gravity of the situation as he basks in the glory of his ruse.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 22 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Malazek wrote:
Halcyon wrote:“I’m sure he is, just as we have been very busy in his service. Junior Marshal Straegis II, yes THAT Straegis II, bears a message both urgent and secret for our Lord General.” Verity dismounts and approaches the door. “If that’s not good enough for you, have your guards drag us off. Might be hard to convince them to do it though.”
The Lt. Colonel spins on his heel as Verity walks past him, hand on the pommel of his dagger. "Straegis II? The Lord-Marshal sends his son with the Intel? Hardly discreet. But if that's how it is, then that's how it is."

Halcyon wrote:When he reaches the door and is greeted by halberds in his face, Verity removes his helm. “Good day, Uncle.” The triumph of being able to shock his uncle, the same uncle that used to perplex Verity by pulling coins from behind his ear, momentarily lets Verity forget the gravity of the situation as he basks in the glory of his ruse.
"Verity!" Uncle Veridic rejoices, "I didn't know your ordainment brought you all the way to the Imperial City. How have you ..." His question trails off as his eyes meet the icy stare of the Lt. Colonel. Uncle Veridic quickly snaps back to attention.

"Where IS the Junior Marshal?" the Lt. Colonel asks.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:12 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax takes up a stance within casting range of his trident, and continually scans the street for danger, as is his habit.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Swifthand wrote:Clearly tired of the double talk, posturing, tet-e-tet, and flimflammery, Davin sighs in exasperation, while scratching Hound under the chin.

"The Junior-Marshal is in the wagon. So is the intelligence and a captive Eladrin assassin who sought to stop Straegis II from delivering it."

Davin looks up at the Lt. Colonel, narrowing his eyes as he stares at the military man.

"Now, can you help us get the intel to the High General, or not?"

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"The Junior-Marshal is in the wagon. So is the intelligence and a captive Eladrin assassin who sought to stop Straegis II from delivering it."

"Now, can you help us get the intel to the High General, or not?"
Turning slowly toward the wagon, the hooded Lt. Colonel responds, "F, fl ... Fletcher? D, Davin Fletcher. Right? Yeah. Well, Mr. Fletcher, grab the goods and bring them inside, if you'd be so kind."

The Lt. Colonel spins on his heal and storms into the barracks. He snaps his fingers over his shoulder as he passes Verity; the guards, obviously conditioned, set their halberds aside and spring to the wagon, ready to help carry the bound prisoner.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin's raised eyebrow is the only indication to his amazement at the Lt. Colonel's preternatural memory, or his incredible intelligence network.

I pull the wagon off to the side of the street, flip the front flap of the wagon open, and then hop down, grabbing my bow, Hound at my side.

"Let's do this."

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:14 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Sighing, Mordax rubs his stubbly chin tiredly, and makes ready to skewer the prisoner at first sight of resistance.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis leans in toward Alverdine and says a few words before pulling back the flap ready to step from the wagon. "A Nefrin Rabek! Bel mavne se villeran. Hassen e mev ginale al nimal, ir makke ver nallen? Tin me alvedin." (The White Wind! Those are the other traitors you seek. If all of my words are wrong, how do I know that? Think about it.)
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis nods back to Alverdine and Nissa and says, this time in common "Oh, and by the way...they found me before you or the Squall."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Uncle Veridic wrote:"Verity!" Uncle Veridic rejoices, "I didn't know your ordainment brought you all the way to the Imperial City. How have you ..." His question trails off as his eyes meet the icy stare of the Lt. Colonel. Uncle Veridic quickly snaps back to attention.

The Lt. Colonel wrote: "F, fl ... Fletcher? D, Davin Fletcher. Right? Yeah. Well, Mr. Fletcher, grab the goods and bring them inside, if you'd be so kind."

The Lt. Colonel spins on his heal and storms into the barracks. He snaps his fingers over his shoulder as he passes Verity; the guards, obviously conditioned, set their halberds aside and spring to the wagon, ready to help carry the bound prisoner.

Verity walks with his Uncle to lend his back to hauling the prisoner. “To answer your question, I’ve been sorely tested, but with these companions have met the challenges.

"While my ordainment has brought me here, its was not in a mundane way as you might think. That I find you here, guarding the general Mordax there knows? With a Lieutenant Colonel who can only be the one from Brackwater? All as we approach the end of this quest? We stand here today amidst a great twining of Fate. The Queen moves us with some great purpose, there can be no doubt.”

For an instant Verity feels the currents of Fate washing around them, like a faint preternatural breeze. Then it is gone, quite possibly imagined.

He answers Veridic's quizical look with a slap on the back, "Looks like a soldier's life suits you, your weight's moved from your gut to your shoulders." Then as they haul the Maor traitor to the barracks, “My folks and the rest are doing well, blessed be them. How fare Frater and Fortis?”
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:I pull the wagon off to the side of the street, flip the front flap of the wagon open, and then hop down, grabbing my bow, Hound at my side.

"Let's do this."

Straegis II wrote:Straegis leans in toward Alverdine and says a few words before pulling back the flap ready to step from the wagon. "A Nefrin Rabek! Bel mavne se villeran. Hassen e mev ginale al nimal, ir makke ver nallen? Tin me alvedin." (The White Wind! Those are the other traitors you seek. If all of my words are wrong, how do I know that? Think about it.)

Straegis nods back to Alverdine and Nissa and says, this time in common "Oh, and by the way...they found me before you or the Shadow."
As he climbs off the wagon, Alverdine says "Where did they find you? He pauses for the answer, and then steps off the wagon.

Nissa uses the opportunity to whisper "I don't know Raed Jancalis as Alverdine does; but if you suspect him, then I shall consider it a possibility. Whether he's guilty or not, skepticism is our friend, and you are the one who delivered the scroll." With that, she climbs from the wagon.

"Stay with Maberon," Alverdine orders Nissa. She complies, following Mordax and the Guards; Alverdine waits for Straegis, and then follows him into the Barracks (employing a proximity that is appropriate for a bodyguard).

Verity wrote:Verity walks with his Uncle to lend his back to hauling the prisoner. “To answer your question, I’ve been sorely tested, but with these companions have met the challenges."

"While my ordainment has brought me here, its was not in a mundane way as you might think. That I find you here, guarding the general Mordax there knows? With a Lieutenant Colonel who can only be the one from Brackwater? All as we approach the end of this quest? We stand here today amidst a great twining of Fate. The Queen moves us with some great purpose, there can be no doubt.”

For an instant Verity feels the currents of Fate washing around them, like a faint preternatural breeze. Then it is gone, quite possibly imagined.

He answers Veridic's quizical look with a slap on the back, "Looks like a soldier's life suits you, your weight's moved from your gut to your shoulders." Then as they haul the Maor traitor to the barracks, “My folks and the rest are doing well, blessed be them. How fare Frater and Fortis?”
"Frater and Fortis are training in the fields, though not for long. Corporal Frater is supposed to be moving to Land Force Command, as part of part of a tactical apprenticeship. Corporal Fortis should be joining the Cavalry soon. It seems they are both natural leaders, and early enlistment does indeed pay off."

So ...

Mordax and Verity and Nissa follow the guards to the stockade, Davin and Straegis and Alverdine go into the Barracks.
Alex looks up from his book a shortwhile later.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Malazek wrote:Davin and Hound and Straegis and Alverdine ...

Entering the stone building, you find it to be much more than a simple barracks; the inside is much larger than expected, extending through the stone wall that from the outside seemed to sit BEHIND the barracks. In fact, the initial foyer seems to occupy what you previously thought was the entire structure.

Large rooms filled with bunks (and soldiers) occupy both sides of the hall; as do mess halls, training areas, armouries, and several other doors. The Lt. Colonel leads you straight past all of these rooms to another guard station, where he pauses to speak to the guards stationed there. Before you reach the station, the Lt. Colonel continues on.

The guards nod respectfully as you pass the station, preceding through the door and into a spacious hall filled with soldiers and other personel, all of whom seem busy with various tasks. The Lt. Colonel cuts through the room to a tall stone staircase that divides the floor. Your eyes beat him to the top of the steps, where you see a set of double iron doors, flanked by glass windows. Vague silhouettes peer down at you through the window.

Following up the stairs, and through the iron doors, you find yourselves in a relatively small office. An oval shaped wooden table dominates the room, and maps are hung on every wall.

The people in here are ...
... The shady Lt. Colonel (of course). He leans against the far wall with his arms crossed.
... An aged general, whom you assume is the Lord-General Draxus Ferall. Unarmored but in uniform, he sits at the head of the table.
... A large man wearing red plate armor stands forboddingly behind the Lord-General.
... An Elven woman in a white dress with green leaf-print, sitting to your left. She smiles as you enter.
... A Tielfing in burgundy robes, with dark tattoos all over his face. One of his horns is broken, and he bears a bold amulet on a thick gold chain around his neck.
... An ordinary soldier who has brought-in drinks and refreshments.

The Lord-General then says "Welcome, Junior-Marshall Straegis II. We have been waiting for you. Come in, sit down. ... Where is my friend, Mordax ... the Legend of Shadow Pass?"

After hearing your answer, the Lord-General whispers to the ordinary soldier, who then scurries off.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Mordax and Verity and Nissa ...

The three of you follow the guards to the building around the corner, where you are greeted by military guards with uniforms that are slightly different than those of the other two. After Veridic and his partner sign a few papers, Maberon is taken inside and placed in a locked cell.

Veridic says "We have to get back. We're still guarding the front door."
The stockade guards say "Yeah, yeah, we've got it from here."

Nissa objects "This is a dangerous prisoner. I'd like to stay and keep an eye on him."

The guards look at each other, and then one of them responds. "We'll have to ask the the Lieutenant."

After a shortwhile, the Lieutenant is found. He agrees to let Nissa stay in the cell with Maberon, but refuses to let her wander the corridor. To Verity and Mordax he says "A messenger just arrived from across the street. YOUR presence is requested by the Lord-General Draxus Ferall."

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Alex ...

Alex looks up from his books, just in time to see Straegis and Alverdine enter the barracks, and just in time to see Mordax and Verity turn the corner.

Just then, the Aqueas Templar around his neck flashes once; a bright blue-white light fiils the wagon.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Swifthand wrote:I briefly inspect and nod to each of the room's occupants before my eyes settle on the Elven woman in white. After a moment, I realize I am staring, and cough, clearing my throat, and look at the ground, blushing a bit.

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:As Alverdine steps into position Straegis' whole demeanor seems to change, his chest pokes out, his head seems higher, and his stride has definitely become...well, regal. He does his best to discreetly inspect his surroundings for anything he recognizes, art, maps, weapon racks, names etched in walls, etc. He enters the large room purposefully, trying to gauge the overall mood in the room, are they tense? Relieved? Is it a trap? Something about the tattoo faced Tiefling or the amulet he wears seems familiar but he thought he remembered hearing long ago about Lord-General Ferall having very noticeable scarring. He's not sure he has seen the Elven woman before, but she is definitely attractive. He thinks to himself that the red plate armor looks similar to Veritys.

History(walking in): 1d20=2+13=15
History(big room): 1d20=5+13=18
Perception: 1d20=19 +2(half-lvl)=21
Insight1: 1d20=17+2(half-lvl)=19
Insight2: 1d20=18+2(half-lvl)=20
History(Lord-General): 1d20=19+13=32
History(Tiefling): 1d20=10+13=23
History(Elven woman): 1d20=6+13=19
O.O.C. Not sure that I needed all of those, but what the he**, let's see what if Straegis can finally know something!

Straegis walks confidently straight up to the Lord-General offering his own hand to shake, assuming the Lord-General obliges he reaches in past a normal handshake, almost to the elbow and shakes by the forearm. He then says "G'day Lord-General! I didn't know we would have quite so much company. Who are your friends?" as he motions toward the others in the room.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Malazek wrote:Mordax and Verity and Nissa ...

The Lieutenant agrees to let Nissa stay in the cell with Maberon, but refuses to let her wander the corridor. To Verity and Mordax he says "A messenger just arrived from across the street. YOUR presence is requested by the Lord-General Draxus Ferall."

Verity checks the rope and knots binding the prisoner while the guard cunsult the Lieutenant. "Looks secure, though I can't claim to be an expert." When the guards return he tells them, "I'm sure everyone could rest a bit easier if some shackles were added to this prisoner's wardrobe - yourselves included. To the General then. Keep your wits as sharp as your blades, Nissa, until we see you again."

OOC: Diplomacy 23 for the guards to add shackles to the bindings.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Malazek wrote:
Straegis II wrote:He does his best to discreetly inspect his surroundings for anything he recognizes, art, maps, weapon racks, names etched in walls, etc.
History(walking in): 1d20=2+13=15
Perception: 1d20=19 +2(half-lvl)=21
The long hall contains a lot of typical adornment for an establishment of this type: paintings depicting important battles, maps of various regions, mounted cermemonial weapons, etc. It's a "tight ship" so-to-speak. But nothing out of the ordinary.

Straegis II wrote:He enters the large room purposefully, trying to gauge the overall mood in the room, are they tense? Relieved? Is it a trap?
History(big room): 1d20=5+13=18
Insight1: 1d20=17+2(half-lvl)=19
The big room seems like the beauracratic center of the Lord-General's operation. Most of the staffers are busy with their own responsibilities, and seem oblivious to the fact that something important may be happening at this very moment (which indicates that the Lord-General doesn't foolishly share "top secret" information with everyone who is under his command). As he walks toward the stairs, Straegis sees unit rosters, inventory logs, aquisition requests, and other standard military paperwork. Nothing seems out of place.

Straegis II wrote:Something about the tattoo faced Tiefling or the amulet he wears seems familiar but he thought he remembered hearing long ago about Lord-General Ferall having very noticeable scarring. He's not sure he has seen the Elven woman before, but she is definitely attractive. He thinks to himself that the red plate armor looks similar to Veritys.
Insight2: 1d20=18+2(half-lvl)=20
History(Lord-General): 1d20=19+13=32
History(Tiefling): 1d20=10+13=23
History(Elven woman): 1d20=6+13=19
The mood in the smaller office is different; a mix of anxiety and relief. These people have been waiting for you.

Of everyone in the room, the Lord-General seems the most at ease. In fact, he seems more eager to see his old friend again than he does to get the intel. But Straegis does know quite a bit about Draxus Ferall. A nobleman (Earl) by birth, he joined the Imperial Army with the birthright to lead; but unlike many noblemen in his position, he has NOT sat back and callously sent innocent people to their deaths. Rather, he has fought on the front lines, time and time again, through out the Empire's recent boughts of expansion. His most important campaigns were those fought in the Ritlands, and especially during the Winter of Tears ... a war that is noteworthy because of it's confusion and complexity. At many times, the lines between friend and foe were blurred or ambigious; and at others, the Empire's mismanagement of the war was downright goofy. Many of the soldiers who returned from that war came home with worldviews much different than those they left with (much like your friend Mordax). Ultimately, a handful of "heroes" were responsible for the Empire's success in that region; and the Lord-General was the "Lord of the March" during the operation.

Though the Tiefling is unknown to him, Straegis suspects that the one-horned scholar is the Lord-General's magical council; an advisor of sorts. The broken horn is likely a battle-scar, evidence that the Tiefling has seen conflict. Straegis recognizes the tattoos on his face as the magical sigils of "heat" and "light."

Straegis recognizes the Elf woman as a princess. Rhyannon of the Femdrell, if he is correct. He hasn't seen her since she was toddler, taggling along with her mother (the Queen) as they visitted the Eladrin royal court. But her unique beauty is unmistakable. Over the years, she has developed a reputation as a peaceful diplomat, and is referred to by the Elves as "the Maiden Princess."

Straegis II wrote:Straegis walks confidently straight up to the Lord-General offering his own hand to shake, assuming the Lord-General obliges he reaches in past a normal handshake, almost to the elbow and shakes by the forearm. He then says "G'day Lord-General! I didn't know we would have quite so much company. Who are your friends?" as he motions toward the others in the room.
Returning Straegis's greeting, the Lord-General responds "Yes, greetings, noble Straegis! We have been eagerly awaiting your arrival. Let me introduce those present. This," he says, indicating the Lt. Colonel, "is Lt. Colonel Darnell Velius. He IS the courier that carried our previous correspondences to Brackwater."

"And this,"
he says, indicating the man in armor, "is my personal bodyguard, Mr. Bluto Rexus."

"To my right ..."
he says, gesturing toward the Maiden Elf, "I am very please to introduce Princess Rhyannon of the Femdrell. She is representing our allies in the Eldworn."

"And last, but certianly not least,"
he says, turning toward the Tiefling, "is Aodhan Blas; my recently appointed 'Magical Advisor.'"

History Addendum: Aodhan Blas? The Devil of the Hidden Fells? Straegis HAS heard of him! Aodhan Blas single-handedly wiped out ALL of the Orcish Severed Ear Tribe! People say he is a bloodthirsty terror who raosted and ATE a bunch of baby Goblins, just to strike fear into the hearts of Greenskins everywhere!

"And who, may I cordially inquire, are YOUR companions?"
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Malazek wrote:
Halcyon wrote:"I'm sure everyone could rest a bit easier if some shackles were added to this prisoner's wardrobe ...
OOC: Diplomacy 23 for the guards to add shackles to the bindings.
Shackles are quickly placed on the wrists and ankles of the prisoner.

"Indeed, Sir Verity. 'Till next we meet."
Nissa extends a hand of gratitude.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:19 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex looks up from his books, and holds the amulet delicately within his hands, turning it over and checking both sides. "Now that was odd. What are you trying to tell me? Is Jenna trying to contact me? Or...something else?" He watches as Davin's group and Mordax's group go in different directions. He's about to get up when he looks down at the book on his lap. He folds it carefully and stows it in his bag before getting up steadily to follow Davin, Straegis and the eladrin.

He manages to catch the group up before they wander too far. Inspecting the large stone buildings with a quiet curiosity. This matter really doesn't concern him, but its certainly a very interesting one.

As they enter the room Alex is similiarly struck by the beauty of the elven maiden, his eyes slant left to see Davin staring obliviously. He tosses his white hair carefully and shoves his hands in his pockets, his long white hair hiding his neutral expression. His mind isn't neutral though, he reflects that such a princess may likely have her heart promised to some lucky prince somewhere, or reserved as a bargaining chip for times of strife, even if not, her perfect eyes would never fall upon a strange foreign waterbender, and even less so standing next to the handsome and elven Davin, and the Eladrin with regal bloodlines. He lets out a small 'Pfft,' scattering strands of hair in front of his eyes before realising the last half hours wagon ride engrossed in a book has completely made him forget himself.

He adjusts his lackadaisical stance and attempts to remember where he is. Even if these men command magics that are not of waterbending nature, they are none the less tobe respected. Indeed. It has been difficult to go from a socity where one is revered for having gifts from the gods to shape the community and landscape. To a place where you barely matter. He focuses his icy eyes on Straegis for a moment, and then scans the room. His eyes fall on the Tiefling.

==============
History Check; +12, the only one I'm interested in at the minute is the tiefling. Lets see: 23. I could have hoped for anything else. In fact, I'm so excited I'm going to roll again; higher I know who he is, lower; I don't...
History check; 29. Ah. Ok. Well unless you think Alex would really not ever have heard of such a man, then I'm going to presume I know the same as Straegis. Although I presume I know nothing of the others, I may only know this guy because he's magical.

Would my increased score result in knowing what kind of magic he used; Warlock? Wizard? Mancer? Something else? Don't forget Alex is from far away, that might cancel out his good roll.
==============

Ah. Alex spends a few seconds examining that broken horn...and those tattoo's. This man certainly doesn't appear nice...In fact, he appears down right evil. Even Ayiriki's magic was a little suspect...pah, I can't blanket all tieflings with the same snow...Ayiriki was an ally after all.

""And who, may I cordially inquire, are YOUR companions?"

Alex's eyes pop a little bit. Attempting to appear Emissary-like whilst Straegis speaks, or the others introduce themselves. He adjusts himself and places his Aqueous Templar above his clothes. Tightening his dyed blue gloves he reddens a little. Surrounded by people in such normal clothes...then again, these are traditional Imilite clothes. His confidence is spurned and he makes a traditional greeting circle with some water from his waterskin. The sparkling tides of retribution spin in a circle around his wrist for a few turns before being commanded back into the skin. He nods as Straegis finishes his introduction.

Alex keeps his eyes on the tiefling, but attempts to listen to everything and make a mental note of anything important.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:20 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax stops immediately upon entering the room, eyes narrowing at the site of the elven woman. Staring aggressively for a moment, he quickly scans the room, on the balls of his feet.

As his gaze settles on Draxus, however, his face undergoes a transformation. Grinning broadly, almost boyishly, he knuckles his forehead in a gesture of respect, and then crosses the room in a couple of strides.

Offering his forearm he roars "Aye an' weel met, me'laird, an' sad it is it's no' o'er a tankard or two! An yer' lookin' weel fer' an auld gaffer!"

Turning somber once more, he continues "I've brought ye' a thing or two, me'thinks, an still I've nae clue as tae wha's goin' on, save tha' I dinnae recall a muster this large since Ritland as a wee greenhorn, an' mayhap no' e'en then. 'Tis a pickle, me'thinks, tae bring yuir ol' bones oot agin'."

Seemingly startled by the outburst of emotion, he steps back with his companions, eyeing the brute and the Tiefling, but obviously avoiding the maiden's gaze. After a moment he stands next to Alex, his near-nakedness in stark contrast to the mist mage's raiment.

DM EDIT: Just to be clear, Mordax and Verity went to the stockade across the street BEFORE coming to the barracks. They are several minutes behind the others in reaching the office ... this post is fine, but it doesn't happen until after Straegis introduces the others.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:History Check; +12, the only one I'm interested in at the minute is the tiefling. Lets see: 23. I could have hoped for anything else.
In fact, I'm so excited I'm going to roll again; higher I know who he is, lower; I don't...
Alex knows the same details as Straegis.
OOC: Rerolls are only possible fro Knowledge-checks when new information comes to light, so I'm going to stick with the 23.
BUT, I'll let you keep that other roll for an Arcana check, instead ...

Alex wrote:[Arcana] check; 29.
Would my increased score result in knowing what kind of magic he used; Warlock? Wizard? Mancer? Something else?
Alex knows a little somthing else about Aodhan Blas, too ... he is the ONLY Pyromancer known to the sages of Imil. Supposedly, the Firebender Bloodline was wiped out during the fall of Bael Turath (as in, systematically eliminated by the combined forces of Air-benders and Rock-benders; because of their evil destructive predisposition).

If the rumors are to believed, Aodhan Blas has mastered two know forms of fire-magick, as well as another unknown form (most "benders" only ever learn one form of element magick.
(OOC: For example, Alex is a "Wizard" ... Aodhan is a wizard AND a warlock, and has something else that is completely un-usable by non-Tieflings).

Alex wrote:Although I presume I know nothing of the others
That is correct.

Alex wrote:I can't blanket all tieflings with the same snow
OOC: Imilite Proverb? Awesome.

Alex wrote:The sparkling tides of retribution spin in a circle around his wrist for a few turns before being commanded back into the skin. He nods as Straegis finishes his introduction.

Alex keeps his eyes on the tiefling, but attempts to listen to everything and make a mental note of anything important.
Aodhan Blas pays no attention to the traditional greeting of the water-benders; as if he doesn't know it ... or doesn't care.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:DM EDIT: Just to be clear, Mordax and Verity went to the stockade across the street BEFORE coming to the barracks (and Nissa stayed in the Barracks). They are several minutes behind the others in reaching the office ... I editted the order of your post to reflect that ...

Straegis tips his brow with his fingers and says to the maiden, "Princess, it has been a long time indeed. I'm... umm... embarrased... to say that I didn't immediately recognize you. How fares your mother?"

Turning his attention immediately back to Draxus he continues, "Lord-General, This is Alverdine, he is, well...he is with me. Next is Davin Fletcher who, judging by his reaction, Lt. Velius already knows." Motioning toward Alex, then noticing the watery greeting, Straegis smiles and continues, "On this side, I am pleased to introduce, my most gifted ally, Sir Alex."

Assuming Verity and Mordax would get here about this time, "It appears Mordax needs no introduction so I shall continue ... Arriving now, is Verity Servinus who if I am not mistaken, is a relative to some that are in your service here now."

"Oh, and lest I forget, Nissa, who is tending to our...charge."
Straegis looks around before continuing "I believe your Lord-Generalship, that is it." As he glances around he takes special notice of the maps and again tries to get a sense of the mood of those present.

Perception: 1d20=13+2(half-lvl)=15
History(maps): 1d20=4+13=17
Insight: 1d20=19+2(half-lvl)=21
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:21 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Straegis' speech jars Mordax to mutter "Oh aye, an' they're wi' me. I'll vouch fer' 'em all, tae a man. If we'd 'ave 'ad tha' likes o' 'em during . . ." Mordax trails off, mumbling.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:I nod to the others as Straegis introduces me, and then step back against the wall, watching the interplay of the power-brokers in the room.

Insight check=25
Perception check=31

Something else - the maps. I would like to use my knowledge of Nature (natural environs, looking to recognize anything out of the ordinary) to see if I can determine anything from the maps. What is being contested? Are troops listed? Any areas of import highlighted?

Nature check=15

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Swifthand wrote:I nod to the others as Straegis introduces me, and then step back against the wall, watching the interplay of the power-brokers in the room.

Something else - the maps. I would like to use my knowledge of Nature (natural environs, looking to recognize anything out of the ordinary) to see if I can determine anything from the maps. What is being contested? Are troops listed? Any areas of import highlighted?
Ooh, good idea. I'll rely on my passive to pick up any details.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:Ooh, good idea. I'll rely on my passive to pick up any details.
O.O.C.: Just to be clear Mal, these are my intentions as well with the rolls in my previous post. Great minds...!!!
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next