Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

+2
magicspellz12
Malazek
6 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 14 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  Malazek Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:21 am

Davin wrote:"can we Send again and find out where they are from Harley's?
Vangg wrote:"Aye, us should 'elps da mucker an' da go'bin; even if dey be scumsuckers."
OOC: I'm gonna have to move things along now ...

Straegis casts another Sending* to the effect of asking Juugug where they are. Juugug responds right away "Followeth da beach'eads 'til ya sees a cave befilled wit' walkin' deads. We be in da cave."

*Please subtract 50 gold pieces worth of components. (I didn't want to make this decision for you, but since half the party requested it a few days ago, I eventually had to make it happen).

Davin wrote:"I will try to get their trail."
Perception (Tracking)=40 (with Hound's Aid)
Davin quickly finds evidenceto the other group's travel, as the heroes move toward the beach several miles south. Despite the wash of the ocean clearing away any footprints the sand might hold, Davin's uncanny perception is able to find clear signs of their passing. The heroes follow the tracks along the beach, in the direction of the cave temple. Before long, the tracks lead into a cave. The heroes do not see any undead in the area, though their mismatches tracks can clearly be seen heading in after your allies.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 14 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  macksgarageusa Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Straegis performs the Sending ritual and informs the group of the response. He makes sure to say goodbye to Harley before they leave, and then takes a seat on the front of the wagon. He has an uneasy feeling as the heroes roll on, keeping one hand on the javelin and carefully scans the terrain as they move along.

O.o.C.: Got a little busy here the last few days, still here tho.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:28 am

"Fare thee well most lovely Daughter of Nature." The Paladin swallows hard thinking of the was Harley's bare arms glistened as she exhumed the abominations. He bows deep and mounts up.
"Once again you've been most gracious to we companions. May the Gods watch over you and your beasts until we return. I shall see that our return not take over-long."

Harley wrote: "If he catches on, he'll be mighty angry. And if he don't, well, ya can imagine what'll happen t' yer keester."

OCC: Hahahahaha!
Back in town, Egypt was awesome.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Halcyon wrote:Back in town, Egypt was awesome.
Awesome.

Verity wrote:"Fare thee well most lovely Daughter of Nature ... Once again you've been most gracious to we companions. May the Gods watch over you and your beasts until we return. I shall see that our return not take over-long."
"Godspeed, ta y'all!"

DM wrote: the heroes move toward the beach several miles south. ... The heroes follow the tracks along the beach ... Before long, the tracks lead into a cave. The heroes do not see any undead in the area, though their mismatches tracks can clearly be seen heading in
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:15 pm

OOC: Egypt? Hell ya ~~~
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Verity scratches his chin as he whispers to the others,

"Perhaps we can lure some out as not to fight them all at once? I could head down and try to draw them out."

"Or we could try to see what we're up against."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:56 pm

As they ride along, Straegis talks with Davin about the information Harley gave them regarding the mythical beast. "Are you sure the reward is worth the challenge? It seems a bit far fetched to me, you risk your own "tail" to receive something that by birthright you should probably be entitled to anyway. Perhaps we should sneak in and kidnap the king, let's dress him as the "female" and allow him to take the risk of being violated? If we are successful you would still have completed the task he gave you, and if we fail, well...your own dignity would still be preserved!" He laughs loudly as he finishes the last sentence and waits for his ally to respond.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 am

Verity turns to Vangg.

“Our brothers are beset by walking dead both cunning and formidable. Take from me a measure of vitality for your sash, Vangg. My nightmare vision shall manifest in that dark cave and when it does we need be ready. These enemies of death may bring our greatest trial yet. May the Queen give us strength to deliver these hideous risen unto her.”

With that he unsheathes Revenge. When the Companions are ready he spurs Zephyr towards the cave mouth.

OCC: Verity will aid Davin’s perception.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 pm

O.O.C. - Busy here, will be back in town tonight. Don't let me hold things up; Stealth/Perception, scout ahead with Hound aiding. Use your best judgment beyond that.

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm

As they approach Verity produces a couple potions of healing.

“Here Aubrey, you might need these. As we search for our brethren stay near Brother Vangg.”

He commands his lantern to light and hangs it from the pommel of his saddle.

OCC: still aiding Perception by watching Davin's back
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:49 pm

OOC: Experiencing technical difficulties ...

Here is the map of the outside of the cave. I hope it's clear enough; the map was really tough to create ... especially the cave, itself. Can you see the cave clearly? Obviously, there are some hills, trees, boudlers, sand, grass, and waves on the map also.

You guys are examining the mouth of the cave?

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 14 18VgES

Other than the tracks leading in, nothing else seems out of place. So, the heroes move carefully closer to the entrance. When they reach the mouth of the cave, the can tell that few spot just inside have been distrubed; perhaps by a shovel? With keen eyes, the heroes can tell that more mounds await you, deeper inside ...

Actually, Davin notices some bits of wire and make shift darts strewn about, as well. Traps? Yes, clearly the handiwork of Taalgarnuk ... but someone has triggered the traps, and the closest few mounds were dug (or re-dug) after the traps were tripped. (That's some keen detection skills).

OOC: The map of the inside of the save is nearly done. Will present it soon, if it becomes necessary.

OOC: Also, can I get the rest of that list of initiative, reactions, and interrupts, please? Thanks.
:)
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:35 pm

OOC: On the way - Vangg will put 2 charges onto the sash as well as Verity's for 3
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:09 pm

OOC: Okay, well, I'm leaving for work soon and will be gone until tomorrow morning. Then, I'll have to sleep before heading off to Swift's table-top game. At that point, I will need to get right back to sleep so I can get up for work on Sunday morning. So, I won't be back before then, and possibly later (Depending on how tired I am after all that, I might need to go back to bed, yet again).

In otherwords, I may be M.I.A for a few days (I will try to check it from work, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to). That gives you guys some time decide what you're doing in this scene. I will respond as soon as I am able (assuming their are posts to respond to).

Carry on.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:22 pm

As Davin explains what he sees, Straegis readies his javelin in the event someone or something attempts to surprise them.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Verity rides up to the nearest mound, readying an action to attack triggered by any signs of (un)life.

If nothing stirs, [the following round] he stabs the nearest mound: Virtuous Strike, 28 to hit, 12 radiant damage.

Last edited by Halcyon on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Davin will move in with the others, crossbow at the ready, and inspect the mounds.

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Verity rides right into the cave, sword at the ready. Behind him, Straegis and Davin ready their ranged weapons, but stay alert. Davin moves behind zephyr, trying to squeeze into the cave behind the mighty steed. Nothing jumps out at you.

Suddenly, Verity leans down on the saddle, and thrusts Revenge into one of the mounds. It screams out for a second, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!", and then goes silent. As the echoes die out, other screams pick up the chorus, their howls emenating from the other mounds.
"Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!"
"Ahhhhhhhhh!"
"Arrrghhhhhhhhh!"
"Uhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 14 11nwyA

Note: The map is a "cut away" of the hill, revealing the cave within. The surrounding image is outside the cave.

OOC: Straegis and Davin had readied actions? I am basing that assumption on the fact that you both used the word "ready" in your post. If you'd like to use them now, go ahead and drop some rolls; they will go off on the screamer's Initiative (which is 26; I rolled a 27 for Verity's Initiative, to determine what count all this occurred on).

In responds to the noise (Free Actions), the heroes hear voices cut through the ruckus.
"Bringss it on, ye foulessst dirtnapperss!"
"Bedamned undeads! Come 'n gets us!"

Actions?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Free Action: Practice Sharp-tongue
"Hello in there, have ye seen a couple wee-bitty Clerics of the Raven Queen? The sort that might be afraid to walk past wailing heaps of dirt? My Companions and I understand they may be nearby..."
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:43 am

Straegis II: HP:96/96 AC:29 Fort:25 Ref:25 Will:22 Healing Surges:9/9 Action Points:1

Initiative: 1d20=4+9=13

Straegis ditches the plan of attacking and instead attempts to discern what has just happened.

Standard: Identify Magical Effect.

Identify(Arcana): 1d20=4+22=26
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Davin: HP 96/96; AC 28 Fort 23 Ref 27 Will 26; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:24, Action Points=1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 360/360; AC 23 Fort 24 Ref 22 Will 21; Healing Surges=2/2 SV:90, Action Points=1

Davin, Round 1
Initiative=26
Move - None
Minor - Designate Shifty Mounds as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Twin Strike Shifty Mounds (not Verity's)

Twin Strike 1,2=40,34
TS Damage=11,16
HQ Damage=11

Hound, Round 1
Initiative=14
Move - Move to J4
Minor - Designate Shifty Mound in I4 as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Stay Down Shifty Mounds

Stay Down=33
SD Damage=20
HQ Damage=3
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Vangg gets ready to heal.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Init 27
Verity stabs the first mound, ending it's cries.

Init 26
Some of the other mounds begin screaming.
Juugug and Taalgarnuk yell at the "Undead" challenging them to come in after them; in response, Verity mocks them.

Davin fires a bolt into another mound, ending it's cries. Then, he fires again, silencing another mound.

Init 20
Vangg prepares to heal someone, should something horrible happen.
Uncertian of what to do, Aubrey delays.

Init 14
Hound races into the cave and buries his face in one of the mounds. When he emerges from the dirt, he strews a couple of rotten rib bones around the tunnel. His mound is also silenced.

Init 13
Straegis lowers his javelin, and tries to figure out what's going on. As far as he can tell, the undead were waiting quietly for someone to distrub them. But why??

Juugug calls out "Mind ye backs!"
"But don't ye come backs here!!" Taalgarnuk adds.

Just then, Verity smells something so rotten, it is hard to believe; but it reminds him of a dream? Half a moment later, Vangg and Straegis hear wings beating in the wind; glancing up, they spot two decripid corpses, stitched together from numerous hosts, flying through the trees and soaring over the hill beside you. Davin sees them, too.

Through all that and the cacaphony of screams, Davin makes out the sound of something crashing through the waves; over his shoulder, he peers through the wagon and sees more stitched corpses shambling out of the ocean. Despite the shock of it all, he is also able to make out the sound of many more running this way from various directions.

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 14 41SLi

OOC: The start of this scene was a bit touch and go, but we'll call this next round "Round 2." Remember that those of you not depicted on this map are INSIDE the cave. Just scroll up if you need to count squares on the inside.

Initative will be as follows ...

-- Verity: 27
-- Azzy, Davin: 26

-- 2x "Stinky Fiends": 26
-- 2x "Slaughterers": 24
-- 3x "Four-Armed Corpses": 21

-- Vangg, Aubrey: 20

-- 3x "Skull Mages": 18
-- 3x "Winged Cadavers": 18

-- Taalgarnuk, Juugug: 15
-- Kersh, Hound: 14
-- Straegis: 13

--- "Unknown": 11

So ... Verity, Davin, and Azzy go first.
Seven of the Undead go next,
Then, Vangg & Aubrey,
Then, the rest of the Undead
And finally, Juugug, Taalgarnuk, Kersh, and Straegis
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:42 pm

"[color:34ae=indian red]But don't ye come backs here!!"Taalgarnuk adds.

"But why wouldn't we come back there, and take them one at a time?!" wonders Verity.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Verity wrote:"But why wouldn't we come back there, and take them one at a time?!" wonders Verity.
"Fer m' own trapss be in da ways!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 am

Free - "Can you make it out of the cave? We have the wagon - we can fight them in the water!"

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next