Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

+2
magicspellz12
Malazek
6 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 8 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  Swifthand Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Malazek wrote:Another larger chest is brought forth, this one carried by two Eladrin. They open the lid to reveal thousands of Eladrin gold coins, each depicting the face of their queen.

When you count it later, you find 24000 gold coins inside.

Everyone add 4,800gp.

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 8 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Halcyon wrote:"So Vangg, I've been thinking how we might win the Great Rihn's freedom.

"Dat, or we bekill all o' dem an' sent 'im frees--me nigh 'ave da stealth ta sneak in an' looky abouts."

Vangg chuckles.

OOC: finally able to view the sight, been unaccessable to me for days
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:22 am

Straegis fills his father in on any and all details he can recall concerning the White Wind and Black Squall, he tells him of his own run in with Jeradyis as well as the fight with Maberon. As they chat, Straegis asks his father what he may know of Raed Jancalis that Straegis may not already be aware of (historical facts, etc.). He tells him of Raed's efforts to help him understand Fey Mastery and shows him the notes Raed put in his ritual book. Just then he recalls a question he wanted to ask "Father, would you know anyone or any way that I could procure a set of those finely crafted Eladrin boots? Between attempting the techniques Raed showed me and my own new maneuvers, they would allow me a mastery of the battlefield not seen in ages!" He tries to seem humble with his request, but the thought of owning a pair of those boots makes it hard to hide his enthusiasm.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Straegis wrote: "Father, would you know anyone or any way that I could procure a set of those finely crafted Eladrin boots? Between attempting the techniques Raed showed me and my own new maneuvers, they would allow me a mastery of the battlefield not seen in ages!"
"You are studying his Warstep techniques? Most impressive. You have grown considerably, my son ... but be careful; many who have studied the flux engine have gone mad."

"If Eladrin boots will help you, then we will procure some, somehow. Give me 'til morning to find some."

OCC: These?

Eladrin Boots
These enchanted boots, crafted in the eladrin tradition, increase your teleport distance.
Item Slot: Feet (Level 16, 45000 gp)
Property: Add 2 to the maximum range of any teleport you make (other than that provided by these boots).
Power (Daily ✦ Teleportation): Move Action. Teleport up to 5 squares (or up to 10 if you’re an eladrin).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Malazek wrote:
OCC: These?

Eladrin Boots
These enchanted boots, crafted in the eladrin tradition, increase your teleport distance.
Item Slot: Feet (Level 16, 45000 gp)
Property: Add 2 to the maximum range of any teleport you make (other than that provided by these boots).
Power (Daily ✦ Teleportation): Move Action. Teleport up to 5 squares (or up to 10 if you’re an eladrin).

O.o.C.: Ahh, yes, those be the ones!!! Very Happy
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Malazek wrote:The party continues late, but the non-Eladrin quickly tire (relatively, anyway) and fall asleep on the comfortable couches Straegis had designated.
OOC: Okay, I originally posted an end to the night a few days ago, but most of the characters have taken additional actions since then; so, the night continued. But now things seems to be slowing down again. Should move ahead to the next morning? Or do people have more to do here?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:21 am

Excited at his progress, and not wanting to lose momentum, the Elf forges on, researching in the Eladrin archives. Unfortunately, Davin underestimated the insidious potency of Eladrin wine, and soon finds himself dreaming of lost cities trapped within mirrors, face down in an ancient tome.

O.O.C. - I did want to mention to the Grand Marshal or the Queen the information we found in the Book of Stone seemingly proving the Dwarven Terramancers were responsible for the destruction of Shadow Pass, but I think the morning will be a more appropriate time.

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:27 am

O.o.C.: I had figured the evening was over but that I had a couple more hours to kill before needing rest, that would have explained the time finding and conversing with Strageis' father. Other than that, ready for rest and on to the next day!!!
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:30 pm

With most of the heroes soundly asleep, Davin slowly drifts off to slumber in the archives. Straegis's conversation with his father continues well into the morning (so the Grand Marshal is fully debriefed on all relatuve intelligence), but even he must eventually his nightly trance. When the heroes awake, the place is empty and serene; the party has either ended, or moved elsewhere.

Wandering from their rooms, they find a long table left (draped with a white lacey cover) in the hall where the party took place; upon the table are a dozen covered platters, large bowls, and caraffes (all silver). Some large seedy loafs of bread are spread out between the serviceware. The bowls are filled with a varerity of fruits from all over the Feywilds. The platters hold a similiar vareity of proteins and vegtables; and the caraffes contain teas and juices.

After breakfast, the heroes prepare to depart.

OOC: Still heading to the Cave Temple?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Malazek wrote:Straegis's conversation with his father continues well into the morning (so the Grand Marshal is fully debriefed on all relatuve intelligence), but even he must eventually his nightly trance.
Does this include the information contained in the Book of Stone?

Malazek wrote:OOC: Still heading to the Cave Temple?
Yes, by way of Jaru and then Harley's.

Davin wakes just after dawn, gently prodded by the Eladrin archivist that helped him several hours earlier. The stern demeanor of the librarian surprises him at first, until he follows the archivist's gaze to his own feet to find Hound there, drooling on the archive's rug. Cracking his stiff neck, the chagrined Elf gathers up his notes and goes to find a hot bath. Emerging from the cleansing refreshed and awake, and having stowed his military dress for his cleaned and functional hunter's garb, the Ranger is led by the rumble in his belly to the smell of food. A glint at his neck briefly reveals his Lt. Col. bars on his tunic's collar, but then are quickly obscured by his Maor cloak. Just as Davin begins to load his plate from the Eladrin bounty, his friends enter the dining room as well.

"Good morn, all! Was quite a celebration your people threw, Straegis. With a head full of wine, I went and did some research in the Eladrin archives. It seems Lexis of Anin visited awhile ago and removed pages from books here, as well. The sections removed had something to do with an item called the Mirror of Ages. Has anyone ever heard of it?"

Davin goes on to answer all questions posed on the research forwarded by the party. After breakfast, he and Hound will go and ready the wagon and team, and thenbe there to say his goodbyes and thanks.

If anyone wants to roll a skill on the research info or the Mirror of Ages, I will take 10 to aid it.

-Swift

Last edited by Swifthand on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Swifthand wrote:Does this include the information contained in the Book of Stone?
Good Question. That's really up to Mack, I guess.

Swifthand wrote:Yes, by way of Jaru and then Harley's.
Check.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:Does this include the information contained in the Book of Stone?
Good Question. That's really up to Mack, I guess.

Swifthand wrote:Yes, by way of Jaru and then Harley's.
Check.
O.o.C.: Yes to both!

When he rises from his trance, Straegis continues his story about the Eladrin of the North, telling his father of the things they found written by the dwarves in the Imperial library. He fills him in on all the details he can remember including how they were manipulated into forming and alliance against the Imperial Army. Before he heads off to breakfast, he asks his father to tell him who in the city would be in possession of the most Sigil sequences, at his father's bewildered look he replies "It's my newest hobby, collecting as many of them as possible." His voice gets lower now and he says quietly "Father, I want you to know that I am indeed sorry for my indiscretion and tho my decision was insubordinate, I can say that if I was given the opportunity to do it all over, I would make the same choices. If I learned anything from my studies of history and growing up in your shadow, it is that heroes are born by the necessity of their actions and judged by the outcome of their deeds. I will leave today, I don't know when I'll return, my history is still being written. I thank you for the knowledge and tactics you taught me when I was young, they have and will continue to keep my allies and myself alive." He hugs his father and heads off toward the smell of breakfast.
After they eat, Straegis will help to ready the group for their trip to Jaru. He listens to Davin's tale of the Mirror of Ages and tries to remember anything he ever heard about it.

History: 1d20=16+19+2(assist?)=37
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Straegis wrote:he asks his father to tell him who in the city would be in possession of the most Sigil sequences
"Hmm. I'll have someone bring you a list when they bring you the boots."

Straegis wrote:He listens to Davin's tale of the Mirror of Ages and tries to remember anything he ever heard about it.
The Mirror of Ages? Straegis has never heard of such a thing ... but, his history training forces him to consider lateral connections. Something he heard recently ... oh yeah! Mykondalar's tale!

He said Lexis of Anin survived the deluge of Anin, and lived with the Garkondrak for a hundred generations, teaching them the art of water-bending. He said visitted Talthanin many times after the elves moved there. After many years of examaning the remains of the party that was killed by Chopper, Lexis left the Garkondrak . The only relic she took with her was a tiny mirror!

A tiny mirror!
Could it have been the Mirror of Ages?

It must have been. The coincidence is too great.

During Breakfast, a servant bring Straegis is boots.
Along with it, a list of several portal sequences throughout the Feywild.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:31 pm

OOC: Everyine alsp gets 200 xps (Skill Challenge) for House Thaeraes in the Library.
That brings everyone to 55076.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Straegis does his best to tie the facts from the two stories together as he explains it to Davin. "It's at least a start. Guess we'll add Brackwater to the list of places we need to return, eh?"
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:47 pm

"Did someone say Brackwater?"

The paladin, foggy-minded after too much deceptively light Eladrin wine, starts coming 'round at Straegis's words.

OCC: I regret I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like to. It's good to catch up on the sweet story we have going here. I shouldn't have to go to Mexico any more this year (probably). Still I'll be out to Holland / Egypt November 4-16. Also I might need to go to China for work in December, don't know yet what kind of internet access I'll have on either trip yet.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Alex's eyes flicker with arcane secrets.

Sorry, I've been busy too. But, it is going quite nicely. I'm keeping quiet at the moment, but will try to jump back in soon.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:22 am

Verity takes a quick but thorough inventory of his gear as they load up. Satisfied that everything is in order, he mounts Zephyr.

"To Jaru then?"
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm

"Jaru it be."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:12 am

OOC: I will post in a little while. I was just too braindead-tired the last couple days to put together a decent post.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am

Before they leave, Straegis will make sure he takes the time to say his goodbyes to family, friends and the Queen, if he can find her. Once that is done, he returns and finds a place on the wagon (up front with Davin and Hound this time), ready for their newest adventure.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:35 pm

So, the heroes prepare to transport themselves to Jaru. While getting ready, it occurs to Straegis that the others might have lost track of time; outsiders tend to get caught up in the ebb and tide of the Feywild. He informs that it is only the 20th of Melor; the troops set sail only three days prior (and if all goes well, it would take the ships seven days to reach Jaru). If you transport now, you will probably arrive four days ahead of the troops.

Also, Alex's courier should have made it there days ago, but Katrina has not used the Sending ring yet. Perhaps she has not reached Jaru? Or perhaps she reached it while you were in the Feywild. It is difficult to say.

Nonetheless, the heroes set off toward the Cairn o' Talth, ready to transport to Jaru.
It will take them rough half-a-day to reach the Cairn.

So, the climb onto the wagon and head out, with Verity riding point on Zephyr.
Aubrey is still with you.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:52 pm

The sky is gray and overcast, causing the rippled waters of the splotchby beaches to take on the appearance of black glass; the sandbarred beaches have become gray and ashy in the failing light. A cold wind batters the wagon, howling its objection to your presence.

Hours later, the heroes spot a number of massive humanoids moving along the beaches ahead. After taking a moment to watch the beings, they count two deformed puple-skinned giant-like being (Formorians; dressed in superior kilts and tabards, and weilding ornate maces) accompanied by four one-eyed giants (Cyclopses; probably slaves. They are wielding spears).

As the party watches their movements, they are able to determine that the monsters have already spotted the wagon, and are moving along an intercept course. The wagon is clearly faster, so the fight COULD be avoided ... but then again, the Fomorians ARE the Eladrin's ancestral enemies.

What to do?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:04 am

Davin: HP 91/91; AC 28 Fort 23 Ref 27 Will 26; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:22, Action Points=1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 328/328; AC 22 Fort 23 Ref 21 Will 20; Healing Surges=2/2 SV:82, Action Points=1

"We can outrun them, but that will leave them free to feast on innocent Eladrin!"

Davin reins in the team, pulls his crossbow, jumps down off the teamster bench, and takes aim at the lead giant. Hound mimic's his masters movements, landing in a crouch, growling at his side.

"Someone take some shots with the repeater until they get close!"

Davin's Initiative = 24
Hound's Initiative = 24

Davin will begin to fire at 40 sq. (max range), so let me know how many attacks I should take prior to melee, if applicable. The crossbow on the ATW is +2 proficiency bonus, d10 damage, reload free for 10 shots, and has a range of 20/40, but I don't think anyone has the proficiency, so they would not get the +2.

-Swift

Last edited by Swifthand on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Straegis II: HP:91/91 AC:29 Fort:25 Ref:25 Will:22 Healing Surges:9/9 Action Points:1

Initiative: 1d20=7+9=16

"Leaving them alone is out of the question, they're too close to the Eladrin now anyway, I say we fight!" Hoping to give his allies a tactical advantage, Straegis tries to tell them everything he knows about Cyclops and Fomorians. "I don't have a problem manning the crossbow until they are a little closer but then someone else will need to take over."

Arcana(Cyclops): 1d20=20+22=42,
Arcana(Fomorians): 1d20=12+22=34

O.o.C.: Don't forget to add +2 to your Initiative roll (Warlord-Combat Leader) and if you spend AP: +2 to Hit, +5 to Damage (Warlord- Tactical Presence and Assault). I don't have to be on that repeater, I just want to make sure someone is firing it as soon as they are within range. Also, any one person who wishes to reroll for Initiative can do so with a +5, you must use the new result (Warlord- Spiral Timing).
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next