Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

+2
magicspellz12
Malazek
6 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  macksgarageusa Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex is too stupefied by the conundrum of the ozone spell. Could he be a...an...?
O.o.C: Come on, spit it out... a what?!?"

"Sai, Sai, kel am King avrir." (Yes, Yes, to the King first.)
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  magicspellz12 Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:42 am

Alex's thought continues. Could he be, an...airbender? A spiramancer?
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Davin wrote:"Ai mendraer shi vaerael air sai King Halifax. Ci myr cyrn si vyraelor os shar shi koli si Aelael vaedi."
Straegis wrote: "Sai, Sai, kel am King avrir."
"Oh, right ..." Helfare says, the king."
He looks to his sister for approval. She nods, to show her agreement.
"We should warn you. Father can be a bit odd at times."

The Princess dissappears through a door at the back of the balcony, and Helfare leads you all up another set of staits to large ornate door (deocarted with whispy mithril vines and leaves). Behind the door is another long hall, where the Princess joins you. Then, Helfare and Rhyannon lead you through a number of doors, until you finally come to what appears to be a throne room.

A red and gold carpet leads from the entrance to the throne; which sits atop a massive stepped diaz. Above you, hidden archers move about in shadows, along the four balconies which overlook this room (there is two on each side; one a floor above you, the other two floors above). Portraits of nature hang on all the walls; except behind the the throne, where a number of banners are hung (symbolizing various Elven houses).

King Halifax stands in the middle of the room (between you and the diaz). His back is turned, but his silvery crown and long gray hair identify him. He is wearing a purple and gold scholars robe.

The Prince and Princess lead you over to him, "Father, I'd like to to meet ..."

The kings turns around, and yells "Tyrdas! Cyrn pasi o aelaes SAERI MALAER CAR!!"
(Coward! How dare you enter these sacred halls!)
A sword appears in his hand, and in an instant is rushing at you!

OOC: Thanks to some of your powers, nobody is surprised.
However, Initiative rolls are needed. Post your actions, please.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:16 pm

OOC: Dice roller down - used a different one

Initiative: Roll(1d20)+9:
16,+9
Total:25

Insight on the King: Roll(1d20)+21:
17,+21
Total:38
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:22 pm

OOC: Is there a WTF?? roll?
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Initiative: +7.

Alex's eyes pop wide. "Wait! I can deal with this friends." His voice mutters, but he see's the king rushing towards the group with his sword.

Alex raises his hand and says "Freeze!"

A bolt of water flashes from the waterskin at his side, blasting the king and soaking him. Alex quickly turns it to ice. The Kings lower half is encased entirely in ice, sticking him to the floor. The cold chills his body. Unfortunately there is nothing Alex can do about that, but at least he can try and protect his friends, speaking of protection, Alex thickens the moisture in the air, forming protective walls of fog that will hide the group from the archers.

----------------------------
Freeze!
Area Burst 1 within 10 squares (Centered on the king if he is alone. If not, then push it around so he is on one side to protect my friends and the other royalty. Any allies in the blast get a +5 to Will vs. the attack, and only take half damage if I hit them. The Royalty other than the king are designated allies also).
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: +18 vs. Will
Hit: The target is immobilised (save ends)
First Failed saving throw: the target is helpless (save ends)
Aftereffect: The target is slowed (save ends)
Miss: The target is immobilised (save ends)
After Effect: The Target is slowed (save ends).

Alex uses his Orb of Impositions effect on the guy, so he takes a -3 to his save. Along with Spell focus that gives him a -2 already. He therefore fails on anything less than 15.

If I miss I'll use my armours power to try again:

Robe of the Mindbender
(Lvl 12 +3 13,000)
Armor: Githweave Cloth (+1 Will)
Enhancement: +3 AC
Power (Daily): Free Action. Use this power when you miss with an attack that targets Will defense. Reroll your attack with a power bonus equal to the enhancement bonus of this armor (+3).

I was built to stop this man. I'll say any damage I do is subdual, so I am to knock him out if be some miricle I manage to kill him with one shot.)

Action Point:
FogWall (Wall of Fog) Wizard Utility 6
Daily ✦ Arcane, Conjuration
Standard Action Area wall 8 within 10
Effect: You conjure a wall that consists of contiguous squares filled with arcane fog. The wall lasts until the end of your next turn. It can be up to 8 squares long and up to 4 squares high. The fog grants concealment to creatures in its space and blocks line of sight.
Sustain Minor: The wall persists.

I'll shape it around the group to protect us from the archers, in a sort of U protecting either side but allowing us to see the king trapped in my spell.

SUPER CONTROLLER.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:56 pm

OOC: Go Magic! Nice~~

First, to the archers overhead:

"'old ye shots!"

To the Prince and Princess after Alex freezes him:

"Wha' da bedamned!! Ye besay 'e nigh right, but what da behells'n 'e doin's?!"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:15 am

Davin: HP 91/91; AC 28 Fort 23 Ref 27 Will 26; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:22, Action Points=1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 328/328; AC 22 Fort 23 Ref 21 Will 20; Healing Surges=2/2 SV:82, Action Points=1

"Grrrr....."

Without thought, and at the sound of Hound's warning growl, Davin steps protectively in front of the Princess and makes ready to pull out his Crossbow, but, as his hand grasps the wooden stock at his back, he pauses at the Aquamancer's warning. Instead, he drops one hand to his side, placeing a restraining hand on Hound's neck, and, with an exaggerated gesture, dips into his pouch and grabs something with the other, drawing attention to himself. Palming one of a Thaddeus Crane's smokesticks and making ready to fill the area with a dark cloud should the need for a camouflaged escape arise, the Ranger addresses the Elven liege.

"Rairnis os mys, tondria Col! Shi eisi os maesal eil tysti ail vaeli!" ("Lower your sword, mighty King! We are your servants and come in peace!")

Initiative=14
Move - Shift in front of the Princess
Minor - Pull smokestick
Standard - Aid Alex on her attack roll (this is the exaggerated gesture and calling to the King - i'm not actually firing anything)

Aid+15 (just a d20 unmodified, i didn't know what my modifier would be)

O.O.C. - AWESOME MOVE, MAGIC!!

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Initiative: 1d20=7+9=16

O.o.C.: Holy Crap Magic! If Alex's initiative is not high enough to successfully "hit" before the King gets to us, reroll with +5. (Warlord- Spiral Timing Paragon Power) and- I think you forgot to add the +2 you get from Warlord- Combat Leader.

Straegis barely has time to react before Alex's magics take effect. Hopeful this will be enough to stop him, Straegis readies himself to move into action should the King continue his assault. Hoping to calm the situation, he then repeats his ally's words "Shi eisi os maesal eil tysti ail vaeli!" ("We are your servants and come in peace!")

Readied Action: Fey Step directly behind the King if Alex's spells don't stop him.

O.o.C.: If I get a complete round, I will try to physically restrain the King once I fey step behind him.

Grab(vs. Reflex): 8+5(Strength mod.)=13 Rolled an 8, forgot to copy to paste here, invisible castle won't let me search for rolls so...
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:46 pm

OOC: So, I guess this will basically come down to the Kning's Init vs Alex's Init?

Alex: 12 33 (with Spiral Timing re-roll)
Halifax: 27

In an instant, Alex freezes the maddened King to the floor, and covers his companions in a thick blanket of fog.
Attack Roll = Natural 1 33 (with Miindbender re-roll)

The King looks to Alex and mutters, "What is the meaning of this? What have you done to me?"
Saving Throw = 9

Vangg yells to the archers above, "'old ye shots!"
Unwilling to risk the safety of their noble rulers, they do as commanded; but they keep their arrows knocked.

"Wha' da bedamned!! Ye besay 'e nigh right, but what da behells'n 'e doin's?!"
Insight: Halifax is apparently enraged that his arch-nemesis, Davin, would have the audacity to come here.

Davin and Straegis plead with Halifax, whilst preparing for the worst.
"Shi eisi os maesal eil tysti ail vaeli!"
"Rairnis os mys, tondria Col! Shi eisi os maesal eil tysti ail vaeli!"

Unable to understand the Elven tongue, Verity does his best to appear friendly and non-hostile.
Diplomacy = 44

Pushing past Davin, the Princess rushes to her father's side; leaning over his frozen lower-half, she wraps her arms around his shoulders. "Oh father, why? Why?"

Helfare, too, moves to his father's side; and wrenches the ancient blade from the King's hand.

OOC: Wow, that was a quick combat. :)
1960 XPs Each! (52,556 Total)

The King looks at his saddened daughter, and then to his empty hand. "On, tia tor. Pyl's o cyrn shai sar air? Air air si bololyr, Pasor Thaeraes." (Oh, my child. Don't you know who that is? It is the villianous, Pasor Thaeraes). Halifax glares at Davin with undisguised ire; the kind of hatred that takes a lifetime of animosity to ferment.

"No. No it isn't," Rhyannon says. "Take a closer look. It isn't him."
The King studies Davin for a moment, unconvinced.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:17 pm

As the king succumbs to Alex's magic, Alex allows the ice to creep up his torso, ignoring the kings question. (The king is now helpless (Save ends) and will be slowed (save ends) when he does save).

Alex grits his teeth, using both hands to keep the king stilled, he has to use his mind alone to sustain the fogwall. Through his clenched teeth he mutters. "Sort this out quickly. I don't know how long I can hold him incase he turns violent again."

-----------------------------
Minor: Sustain Wall of Fog

SO AWESOME.

Clearly couldn't have done it without Straegis. Great teamwork.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Straegis does his best to recall that name, something about it seems familiar, hmmm...

History(Pasor Thaeraes): Bonus Nachos!!!-1d20=20+19=39

O.o.C: So the King wants to kill Davin, not us! Well, to quote my cousin...
Malazek wrote:"What are we gonna do? No, what are you gonna do?"
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:15 am

OCC: Still in Mexico, working waaay too much, be back late Wednesday for sure. Good to catch up!

Upon arriving in the Femdrell:
Verity moves cautiously on the gently swaying footbridge.
Vangg wrote:He mumbles to Verity, "No wonders der ears be an pointy, probablikes from fallin' out da trees an' snaggin' der ears on da waydowns!"
The Paladin manages a hearty chuckle, while gripping the rope rail and trying vainly to tread lightly.

Then, when the King gets all crazy:
Verity steps forward through the fog as he speaks. "Surely the King seeks to test the young Prince Palol, last of his line. Shrewd, to insure the royal blood hath not run thin. Hail wise King Halifax!"

At this he bows deep on bended knee.

Diplomacy: 37

He will then ready an action to challenge the King if Halifax takes further potentially lethal aggressive action (just in case).
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:20 am

OOC: Hahahahahaha

"What da bedamn 'ells be goin' on 'round 'eres?! Kin ye longears spake normal talks!?
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:51 am

"Spake normal talks? I've struggled to understand you from the outset my friend!" Alex manages through his concentration.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:54 pm

At Vangg's request, Davin switches to Common (Elven didn't seem to be having any luck...).

"My name is Davin Fletcher, of Brackwater, orphaned as an Elfling and raised by the hermit Old Man Fletcher. I know not who this Pasor Thaeraes is, though, if he were a relation, I could bear his likeness."

Diplomacy=26

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:49 pm

The king listens to everyone's pleas, and the admits "Oh, uh, I guess you're right; he's far to young. And the eyes .. the eyes aren't the right color. My apologies."

Straegis wrote:Straegis does his best to recall that name, something about it seems familiar, hmmm...
Palol Thaeraes is Davin's Elven name; Pasor Thaeraes is suspiciously similiar.

The Princess explains, "Father, Davin was just a baby when Talth'anin was lost. He is not Pasor, and likely knows nothing about him; though Pasor could very well be his recent ancestor. In fact, Davin might actually be Palol Thaeraes, Pasor's son."

Helfare interjects, "Whatever crimes this Pasor is guilty of, it is not Davin's burden to bear. I will personally vouch for the nature of his character."

The King dismisses his sons confidence with a wave of his hand, and says "There was a time when I would have vouched for the character of Pasor. Yet, what happened happened, nonetheless."

"I mustn't judge him for the deeds of another; but nor must I treat him better than any other stranger."

"But he is my guest. They all are. You wouldn't be so rude to one of my guests would you?"

The king looks into his daughters eyes, and sombers a bit. "No, my dear, you are right."

He looks to Davin and the other heroes and says, "I am sorry for manners. Please, come in, be welcomed guests here in my palace. What news do you bring us from ..." He hestitates, as if just noticing you all have arrived. "... from the Feywild; say, aren't you Straegis's boy? And from far away Imil? And, and ... from our neighbors, the Dwarves? And from the Imperial City! Please, please, come on it. Be welcome, and be merry!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:22 am

O.o.C.: Activate Factotum Helm- Diplomacy. (I think we need it now.)

"King Halifax, accept our apologies for not being properly introduced, I am indeed Straegis II." Straegis bows slightly at the waist, pleased that the king finally recognized him. "My allies and I have no intention of harming you or any of your people, quite the opposite I think you will find. We came here to present you and your magical community with a ritual of epic importance and power. The very fabric of our world has been altered. Such power cannot be kept hidden in the hands of a few, lest it bring about destruction and chaos. So a choice was made to deliver this ritual to the far reaches of our world, hopefully to insure that no one alone wields its might."

Diplomacy(to Assist maybe?): 1d20=7+7(half-lvl)+5(helm)=19
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:02 pm

"What does this powerful ritual do?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:18 pm

Vangg smiles.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:57 pm

"It changes the elemental alignment of a nexus from one element to another. Not only do we bring you the ritual, King Halifax, but a gift, as well."

Davin removes the burlap-bundled ceremonial Drow blades from his pack, just cleaned and sharpened prior to leaving the Imperial City.

"These ornamental blades were won from the Enemy on our journey through the Underdark - the only road by which we could assail the Dwarven controlled earth nexus known as the Wise Stone with any chance of success. We Companions of Brackwater offer this trophy to you, mighty King."

Striding forward with hopefully a veneer of confidence, Davin then genuflects to the King, and places the now-open bundle at the King's feet, Ceremonial Blades gleaming atop the rough sackcloth. Standing, the Ranger speaks quietly, almost hopefully, before turning and rejoining his friends.

"I hope that it pleases you."

Diplomacy=25, +2 "Dressed to Impress" bonus - 27

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Verity will aid the various Diplomacy rolls.

DM EDIT: How? Is he advising? Is he saying something? I know you're out of town; so, if you don't respond, I'll make a decision based on the moment that an aid would be most effective.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:00 am

"My people chose to lend aid to the human armies at the Imperial City for they were about to begin a war with the Dwarves. Tricked into doing the bidding of the Sandbenders, they besieged the city. You see your highness, the Sandbenders seek to inflate their own power by destroying the nexuses of the other alignments, like Talth-anin. What we have here is a ritual with the power to twist the very fabric of a nexus and allow it to be molded to that of another element. The potential for misuse in the hands of a few is so great that it was decided that the only way to maintain the safety of the world and the balance of power was to deliver it to as many peoples as we could. After delivering a copy to the Emperor at the Imperial City, we came directly here."

Diplomacy: 1d20=9+7(half-lvl)+5(helm)=21
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:51 pm

"I see. Talth-Anin, you say." He looks to Helfare, who is now glaring at his father. "Pardon me. Yes, yes, of course. Let me summon the heads of the various magical councils."
He looks to the balconies above (assuming the fog has resided) and signals one of the archers to leave.

A few minutes later, a Elven woman with pointy features enters the room from one of the side doors; she is wearing a black dress, is pale-skinned, and has stark black hair.

The king introduces her. "This is Maylee, Head Mistress for the Immortal Counsel of Witches."
She smiles at the heroes, and stands quietly behind the King.

A moment later, another Elven woman, this one gorgeous, enters the room wearing pied clothing. She is well-tanned, and her strawberry-blonde hair is complimented by the red, green, and blue of her outfit. She is accompanied by Aubrey, who you say earlier.

"This is Siofra, Dean of the Aois-dàna. And my nephew Aubrey, one of the few remaining Spiramancers; the ritual should be most relevent to him." Siofra smiles, and says "hello." Aubrey nods, and says "Good to see you all again."

While waiting, Halifax examines the blades carefully. "These seem to be swords taken from the ancient nemesis of my people. Thank you, Davin Fletcher. I have seen weapons made by this bladesmith before; they are indeed valuable. Thank you." Davin senses that the King is still struggling with the idea of being polite, but cannot deny the blades are a worthy gift.

Helfare takes the blades and examines them, too. "They are exquisite."

A little while later, another elflord enters from the same door you did. He is dressed in brown pants and a green vest. A leafy wreath rests in his untamed blonde hair. "This is the Arch-Hierophant, Leaf Arathil." Arathil mutters, "hi," but remains behind the heroes near the door.

"So, Master Straegis, would you care to explain it again?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:26 pm

OOC: Spiramancers, KNEW it!

Alex can barely take his eyes off the spiramancers. Is it true they can create sounds so sharp they kill immediately? Can they create windstorms, can they fly. Do they enhance their speed and agility by moving through the air like a knife in butter. So many questions! I hope I can talk to them in less formal situations.

DM EDIT: Awesome. But to be clear, Aubrey is the only spiramancer in the room.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next