Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:29 pm

"Fer goodness sake," Jasmine blurts out as the man sputters into consciousness. "Surely the gods blessed him with your presence today, ma'am." Jasmine leans down toward Jonrick, scarcely giving him time to take a breath or two before she begins questioning him. "Heya, Master Jonrick...my name is Jasmine Landsend, and I'm the daughter of one of the...until most recently...highly esteemed merchants in Zargos. I know what wares mean to a man. Is there a chance, sir, that you could have been robbed? Would you like us to check your stock, sir? You have on my honor I'll do it clean and fair. The apothecary here says you deal in specialized texts...would you have any special wares you'd like me to check or secure? The ol' lady and my talented sister'll care for you, sir."
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:07 pm

"Oh, no," the old woman says to iris. "I cannot share the recipe (not for free any way). I have enough competition in this town."

Jonrick groans as he struggles to sit up. He looks to Jasmine and answers "Robbed? Yes. yes, we were robbed. Did any of my companions survive? Um, my stock ... yes ... my stock. Perhaps I could hire you lot to recover it?"

After a moment, he continues. "We were off the road ... trying to find a shortcut through the hills ... when ... when were beset by goblins."

Something about a shortcut seems suspicious to Jasmine. Everyone knows the road is the safest way to get from Zargos to Twin Towns.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:16 pm

"How many companions had you?" She looks around the room. "Pr'haps we should see if we can round up any witnesses before they scatter...I'd love to help you try and get your wares returned, sir. Not quite following yer trade plans--why sought th' group of you a shortcut? Tis much safer to keep plodding away on the road. Not that it's my place to ask. I'd be happy just with the job." She nudges Iris with a little too much enthusiasm.
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Thane quietly stands back and lets the others talk. 

"...Perhaps I could hire you lot to recover it?"
...
"...I'd be happy just with the job."

"Indeed, the last thing we need is goblin bandits robbing merchants traveling to or from town." 

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Jasmine wrote:"How many companions had you?" She looks around the room. "Pr'haps we should see if we can round up any witnesses before they scatter...I'd love to help you try and get your wares returned, sir. Not quite following yer trade plans--why sought th' group of you a shortcut? Tis much safer to keep plodding away on the road. Not that it's my place to ask. I'd be happy just with the job." She nudges Iris with a little too much enthusiasm.
"Three." Jonrick says, "there was my apprentice and two hired guards."

"Witnesses! Yes! I almost forgot," he replies. "We saw a man -- a stranger in robes -- standing on the hill above us, just before the goblin attack! He must've seen what happened! But unless he followed those goblins back to their lair, I'm not sure how that would help?"

"Oh, well, my apprentice found a note slipped into his bags. It said something like 'Beware the road of head! Thieves will be waiting for you.' So we decided to seek an alternate route, just to be safe ... although,that sort of backfired, I guess."
Jasmine wrote:"I'd be happy just with the job." 
Thane wrote:"Indeed, the last thing we need is goblin bandits robbing merchants traveling to or from town." 
"I would be forever grateful if you tried. If you do manage to recover any of it, I'll pay you handsomely; half of whatever profit I make from selling it. What say you?"



Meanwhile ...

Hearing Jonrick's tale, the old woman leans over to Iris and whispers, "If you and your friends do venture into those hills, let me know. Perhaps we can make a trade? That recipe you asked for, in exchange for some rare ingredients that are found in those hills?"
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Malazek wrote:Drakor moves north along the road, following the sporadic trail of blood. He does not find any evidence of a conflict in town, but follows the trail long enough to convinced himself that the incident happened far from town. 


-- OOC: I assume Drakor doesn't want to go TOO far into the wilderness on his own?
After not finding any signs of the site the mans injuries occured, Drakor makes a break for town, specifically the apothecary, where the injured man was brought to.

Upon making it back Drakor listens in on the conversation from out side in the shadows.

Roll: 2 (+2) = 4

--OOC: Do i make it back in time to hear anything about the scuffle or proposal of hire? If drakor does indeed here the conversation he will slip in at the point Thane exclaims that we should not leave goblins and Bandits free to attack merchants an travelers. Other wise Drakor will slip in asap.


Drakor slips in.

--OOC: didnt realize the roller goes once you "send" the post. so i rolled on my own but edited it to match the in forum roller Wink


Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:44 pm

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Shooting her sister an annoyed look, Iris chuckles, knowing Jasmine gets carried away.

Malazek wrote:"Witnesses! Yes! I almost forgot," he replies. "We saw a man -- a stranger in robes -- standing on the hill above us, just before the goblin attack! He must've seen what happened! But unless he followed those goblins back to their lair, I'm not sure how that would help?"

"Oh, well, my apprentice found a note slipped into his bags. It said something like 'Beware the road of head! Thieves will be waiting for you.' So we decided to seek an alternate route, just to be safe ... although, that sort of backfired, I guess."


Meanwhile ...

Hearing Jonrick's tale, the old woman leans over to Iris and whispers, "If you and your friends do venture into those hills, let me know. Perhaps we can make a trade? That recipe you asked for, in exchange for some rare ingredients that are found in those hills?"
"Yes, that is helpful. Maybe you saw which direction that figure ran off in or came from before or after the attack? To give us a heading for our pursuit."
...
To the herbalist/alchemist, "That sounds like a deal to me. What herbs will I be looking for and what do they look like? Just so I don't mistake them." Iris says, herself getting excited.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:06 am

Drakor wrote:--OOC: Do i make it back in time to hear anything about the scuffle or proposal of hire? If drakor does indeed here the conversation he will slip in at the point Thane exclaims that we should not leave goblins and Bandits free to attack merchants an travelers. Other wise Drakor will slip in asap.
Thane wrote:"Indeed, the last thing we need is goblin bandits robbing merchants traveling to or from town." 
Drakor wrote:Drakor slips in.
-- OOC: Let's say Drakor makes it back just in time to catch the end of Thane's comment.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:13 am

Iris wrote:"Yes, that is helpful. Maybe you saw which direction that figure ran off in or came from before or after the attack? To give us a heading for our pursuit."
"Hmm," Jonrick mutters. "No, actually, I didn't. I guess I was preoccupied with the goblins. I can probably give you directions, though, back to the where the attack occurred ... and I can probably describe the spot where the stranger was standing. Maybe the goblins left some evidence behind? Is there a tracker among you?"

-- OOC: The survival skill can be used to track.

Iris wrote:To the herbalist/alchemist, "That sounds like a deal to me. What herbs will I be looking for and what do they look like? Just so I don't mistake them." Iris says, herself getting excited.
"I will get you a list." The old woman moves over to the chest of drawers and produces a worn sheet of paper with some writing on it.

Before returning to Iris, however, she turns to Taryk and asks "are you finding what you were looking for? If not, I will be right with you. I'm so sorry for the wait."
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:18 pm

"Not sure about tracking, but I could certainly help with the kill'n goblins part."


Thane will turn his hands into stone, then mash his fist into his palm.

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:23 pm

Malazek wrote:
Thane wrote:"Indeed, the last thing we need is goblin bandits robbing merchants traveling to or from town." 
Drakor wrote:Drakor slips in.
-- OOC: Let's say Drakor makes it back just in time to catch the end of Thane's comment.

Drakor speaks up, in proud, yet sincere tone.  "I can help in this journey, i have skills that will be of use.", Drakor chuckles to himself and mumbles,  "MMmm, fighting goblins is always good fun.. heh heh!" 

Drakor spins his daggers through his hands before re-sheathing them as to show-off a little.
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:28 pm

Taryk turns toward the group, juggling three little vials of pigment in an absent-minded manner.

"It's quite clear that YOU, old man..." At this, he catches the last vial and holds it out, pointing at Jonrick. "...are being played!"

Taryk chuckles and sets the pigments down. He walks closer.

"It's fairly obvious that your group was being herded. And the man on the hill? It's apparent that he's commanding said goblins. Never trust a stranger... I wouldn't trust me."

He smiles and looks around, remembering the rest of the gathered people.

"Anyone got any food?"
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:43 am

To Iris and Jasmine, Thane and Drakor, the old man says, "thank you, again, for saving my life. And I appreciate your willingness to go after these goblins and recover my wares. I hope to see you all again, real soon."

To Taryk, he adds, "perhaps you are right. All the more reason for caution ... maybe you should go with them, then, in case this robed figure makes another appearance?"

The old woman hands the list to Iris and says, "all of these can be found not too far from town, no more than few hours' walk from here."

Glancing at the list, Iris sees the following items:
- Bloodleaf. Looks like a dark red oak leaf. Grows on trees, high in the nearby hills.
- Witch Moss. Blue green moss that grows on exposed roots along nearby mountain streams.
- Norgan's Stool. Yellowish-brown mushrooms, found under dead wood in the saddles between the hills.

The old woman then turns to Taryk and says "Are you still interested in those pigments? I'll let you have all three for just three coins; that's only a coin a piece."
"I'll get those," Jonrick interrupts. "We'll just deduct it from the reward, when you return."
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:19 am


“I can track a fair bit,” Jasmine says to the group. “I’m no expert, but I’ll do my best.”
“One more question, sir—you said your employee found the note in his bag. Whereabouts were you all when this note appeared? Isolated on the road? Any employees you have any suspicions about?”

She repositions her pack on her shoulder. “We should head out soon, the sooner the better. To the spot where the man stood, and keep our eyes out for herbs while we’re goin’?”
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:33 am

Jasmine wrote:“One more question, sir—you said your employee found the note in his bag. Whereabouts were you all when this note appeared? Isolated on the road? Any employees you have any suspicions about?”
"My apprentice, yes." Jonrick explains, "he found it while we were still in Zargos. I trust him completely. The two guards are another story, but they both fought bravely against goblins ... they may have even been killed. I doubt they were involved in any duplicity."

Jasmine wrote:“We should head out soon, the sooner the better. To the spot where the man stood, and keep our eyes out for herbs while we’re goin’?”
Jonrick does his best to provide you with directions, but he was wounded and woozy after the attack. Hopefully, you can find the trail he used to reach Twin Towns; from there, it should be fairly easy to find the spot where the assault occurred. It should take at least a couple of hours to get there.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:55 am

Malazek wrote:To Taryk, he adds, "perhaps you are right. All the more reason for caution ... maybe you should go with them, then, in case this robed figure makes another appearance?"

The old woman then turns to Taryk and says "Are you still interested in those pigments? I'll let you have all three for just three coins; that's only a coin a piece."
"I'll get those," Jonrick interrupts. "We'll just deduct it from the reward, when you return."

Taryk drops the pigments into his pack, eagerly.  "Well, now, you're a right generous old man--and with no reason to be so in your condition." He paces, chin in hand, as if truly in deep consideration.

"I like you. I'll take the job." He nods.

"Also, I drank away the last of my coin, and I haven't sold a painting in months."


Jasmine wrote:“We should head out soon, the sooner the better. To the spot where the man stood, and keep our eyes out for herbs while we’re goin’?”

"I'm ready when you guys are."
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:09 pm

- OOC: Since everyone seems on board with the idea, I'm going to move things along.



Without further adieu, the group of you leave the old woman's Apothecary and head toward the hills. Jonrick's description of the ambush site was detailed, but his directions for finding the initial trail were a little vague. Fortunately, Drakor had followed the trail of blood for some distance earlier, so he had already had good idea of which trail to follow. Trusting the only clues available, you move along the narrow trail that Jonrick supposedly used to get to town.

The weather remains warm and pleasant as you leave civilization and climb into the wilderness. Although the sky is cloudy, you see no sign of rain. Only the slightest breeze crosses your path. Indeed, you see more rabbits and birds than anything else. The local grasses are lush and green.

- OOC: If you look at the map, you are heading into the hills northeast of Twin Towns and toward the Mountains.



- OOC: The journey will take a few hours, so go ahead and role-play a bit of small talk between the characters as they move along the trail. I'll advance the story in a little while.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:09 pm

- OOC: The journey will take a few hours, so go ahead and role-play a bit of small talk between the characters as they move along the trail. I'll advance the story in a little while.
OOC: Since it is "a few hours" for the journey...

IC: Immediately after leaving the apothecary's hut, Iris and Jasmine disappear into town, reappearing shortly after making an awful lot of noise. You see Jasmine pushing her sister in what appears to be a wheelbarrow. Before anyone has time to say anything, much less any sense of the sight, Iris holds up a hand. "I know this looks odd, to say the least, but for any extended journey my leg prevents me from, at the very least, keeping any decent pace and at the worst it keeps me from traveling long distances at all. Long ago my sister and I found this to be the best way to travel for the both of us for any distance longer than a few miles so that I do not slow everyone down." With that, Iris nods to her sister and they head off.



OOC: Malazek, does your world use miles or kilometers? Imperial or metric measurements I guess is what I'm asking. I can edit my post if needed.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:14 pm

FutbolDude21586 wrote:OOC: Malazek, does your world use miles or kilometers? Imperial or metric measurements I guess is what I'm asking. I can edit my post if needed.
OOC: Imperial/Miles.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:20 pm

Jasmine hoists the wheelbarrow up, jostling her fragile sister slightly, though the warrior doesn’t seem to notice. “N-nice day, isn’t it?” she says awkwardly, casting a glance around the group with her one good eye. “So you’re a painter, eh?” she says to Taryk. “What kinds of things is it that you paint? People? Er, I mean, pictures of. Pictures of people?” She shakes her head. “And you fellas, good thing we all happened to be in the right place, eh? Well, wrong place for poor Jonrick. Our parents were merchants in Zargos. How many times do you think their shipments ended up being robbed, Iris?”
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:48 pm

“And you fellas, good thing we all happened to be in the right place, eh?

"Indeed."


When the party gets to the edge of town Thane will discreetly and slowly start transformer his skin to stone.


OOC: For marching order Thane will follow the person tracking. Or, to try and lead if the party already knows the direction.

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:39 pm

Excited to be traveling with other instead of alone, and understanding of the uneasiness he brings, he thinks to himself for a second... whatever, i think these people like me. 


"May i have a look at your list? I'm not the best at potion's and such, but i can keep my eye's peeled for anything that looks alike." 

Continuing, 


"Thane, thats quite the trick you got there with your skin, man that and.. er.. you, could have been of great help in my past journey." 

Looking to Taryk, 


"so you haven't painted in a while, eh. I'm sure after we clobber some foes you have something to paint, heh heh!"


Drakor keeps his eyes peeled for battle, with at least on had on a dagger at the ready to gut any foe that steps in their way. He will also be on the look out for these "herbs" even before being shown the list.

--OOC: if there are random flowers and such, with little knowledge of "herbs" Drakor will scurry to the first one he sees and ask if this is one.
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:46 am

zappo168 wrote:“Our parents were merchants in Zargos. How many times do you think their shipments ended up being robbed, Iris?”
"Oh, that is something I would rather not dwell on, dear sister. It is in the past, let us look to the present to prepare for the future." Iris says rather calmly, her face set as firm as stone.

Alpha Omega wrote:OOC: For marching order Thane will follow the person tracking. Or, to try and lead if the party already knows the direction.
OOC: I believe Thane? Drakor? scouted the trail of blood a bit. Someone did, I'm not sure. At least until that trail dies, we don't need a tracker.

Fu3l3dGam3r wrote:"May i have a look at your list? I'm not the best at potion's and such, but i can keep my eye's peeled for anything that looks alike." 

...

--OOC: if there are random flowers and such, with little knowledge of "herbs" Drakor will scurry to the first one he sees and ask if this is one.
"Sure, I suppose. Pardon my not getting up but please come over." Iris waves Drakor over and shows him the list the apothecary made her. "She didn't say how many of each type so I suppose grab as much as we can, well, within reason of course." Iris says with a half-smile.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:11 am

Thane wrote:Thane will follow the person tracking. Or, to try and lead if the party already knows the direction.
OOC: For now, the party only has to follow the trail. So, I'll assume Thane is in the lead.

Armored in stone and standing more than three heads taller than other men, Thane marches ahead of the others. It is a formidable sight to those behind him.

Drakor wrote:"May i have a look at your list? I'm not the best at potion's and such, but i can keep my eye's peeled for anything that looks alike."
Iris wrote:"Sure, I suppose. Pardon my not getting up but please come over." Iris waves Drakor over and shows him the list the apothecary made her. "She didn't say how many of each type so I suppose grab as much as we can, well, within reason of course." Iris says with a half-smile.
Drakor wrote:He will also be on the look out for these "herbs" even before being shown the list.
if there are random flowers and such, with little knowledge of "herbs," Drakor will scurry to the first one he sees and ask if this is one.
Within minutes, Drakor locates a batch of pretty white flowers with pink centers. He asks Iris if they are on the list. They aren't.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum