Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:18 pm

OOC: So sorry I'm late to start posting, the wedding fried my brain this weekend. Also, this is my first time doing PBP, please bear with me.

Merrill will watch the strangers in the forest pass through and as they approach her location she steps out and says, "What are you doing here? Don't you know there's goblins in these forests? They're not safe." She's a tall, slim tanned woman with dark hair neatly braided. She's carrying a long bow and a hunting knife.
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:36 pm

Somnium wrote:OOC: So sorry I'm late to start posting, the wedding fried my brain this weekend. Also, this is my first time doing PBP, please bear with me.
OOC: Welcome aboard! And congratz, again! And no reason to be sorry (I didn't know exactly when you'd be joining, so you're not technically late). Lol.
Also, it's a couple other players' first PBP, as well, so you're in good company.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 pm

OOC: In light of Merrill's arrival, I'm going to allow you all to continue talking amongst yourselves. I'm off to work for now, but I will advance the story soon enough.  Cool
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:08 pm

Taryk moves along with the group at an erratic pace, sometimes shifting towards the lead, sometimes the rear. His eyes are constantly all over the landscape, and he is frequently mumbling about the boring weather.  When he converses, it seems he has difficulty with eye contact.

zappo168 wrote:“So you’re a painter, eh?” she says to Taryk. “What kinds of things is it that you paint? People? Er, I mean, pictures of. Pictures of people?”

"Mostly landscapes, Red. I add a special flair when I paint the weather."  He aims his palm down towards the ground and releases a small arc of lightning, scorching a patch of grass.  "Well... it looks better when it's on canvas."
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:38 pm

Somnium wrote: "What are you doing here? Don't you know there's goblins in these forests? They're not safe."

“Well goodness, dear—if these woods are dangerous, why in the gods’ names are you out here alone? Have you seen any goblins yerself?”

To Taryk: "Why, I'll bet you're quite talented. You have the look of a man who don't care what others think of 'em. I think that's an important quality in an artist." She chuckles.
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:45 pm

“Well goodness, dear—if these woods are dangerous, why in the gods’ names are you out here alone? Have you seen any goblins yerself?”

Looking to the surroundings...

"How long have you been out here? We are looking for a man in robes or a band of goblins, have you seen either?"

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:27 pm

zappo166 wrote:
To Taryk: "Why, I'll bet you're quite talented. You have the look of a man who don't care what others think of 'em. I think that's an important quality in an artist." She chuckles.

Taryk barks a laugh. "You're right! Except when I'm broke. Then I care what people think about me and my paintings."
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:18 am

Drakor asks Merrill following Thane's question, 


"Yes, have you? You look like you can handle your self in battle, why don't you join us on our journey. There should be some good fun in slaying goblins and bandits."
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:11 am

Alpha Omega wrote:
Looking to the surroundings...

"How long have you been out here? We are looking for a man in robes or a band of goblins, have you seen either?"

Fu3l3dGam3r wrote:"Yes, have you? You look like you can handle your self in battle, why don't you join us on our journey. There should be some good fun in slaying goblins and bandits."

"I haven't seen any goblins recently, Though I do do my best to avoid them in general. As you noted, fighting them alone doesn't general contribute to a long life." She smiles and lean back against the tree she's standing next to. "Join you? That might be interesting though. I would love for a chance to get rid of them. It would make me sleep a little easier at night, that's for sure."
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:32 pm

And so, the would-be adventurers continue on, following the trail in search of the spot where Jonrick was assaulted. Small talk and other chatter persists, if for no other reason than to stave off the boredom of such a long walk. Although the trail is steep in spots, pushing her sister around in a wheelbarrow does not seem to tire the stalwart Jasmine in the least.

In the saddles between the hills, you do find the occasional pieces of fallen and decaying wood. The first seven or eight you check, however, do not offer the sorts of mushrooms described as "Norgan's Stool." Eventually, however, you do find a batch of eight such mushrooms. A little while later, you find another five.

Finally, after nearly three hours of walking, you see an abandoned wagon ahead of you on the trail. You do not see any horses or mules, nor any other signs of life.


-- OOC: Go ahead and describe what you're doing. Also, everyone please make a perception roll (for most of you, that's just a straight d10 ...  Taryk adds 2 to the roll, because he's alert; Thane subtracts 2, because he's absent-minded).
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Upon seeing the broken down wagon. Drakor says.. 


"could be a trap, based on how jonrich explained his encounter, be on your toes everyone.", he lowers his voice a bit, out of caution, "You may not see me but I'm here."


With that Drakor ducks into the shadows with his daggers at the ready.


Rolls:
perception: 10

stealth: 8 (+2) = 10


--OOC: I am using the Dicenomicon app on my iPhone, not sure how to have done 2 rolls with the forum, that is fine right?
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Fu3l3dGam3r wrote:--OOC: I am using the Dicenomicon app on my iPhone, not sure how to have done 2 rolls with the forum, that is fine right?
- OOC: Yup. Perfectly fine.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Jasmine almost absentmindedly sets down Iris’s cart. Unsheathing her sword, she guardedly circles the still, silent area, checking slowly with her one good eye for any signs of identification, for the route of the victors and fate of the losers, any useful items that may have been left behind, and if this apparent robbery has any connection to the brutes that attacked Jonrick. “What d’you all make of this?” she asks the group.
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:48 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:45 am

Drakor wrote:Drakor ducks into the shadows
OOC: Given that it's broad daylight, I feel this warrants some description.

As Drakor leaves the trail, his form becomes shadowy and indistinct, allowing him to more easily blend into his surroundings.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:37 am

Merrill will casually unsling her bow and remove an arrow as she moves around the cart, looking for signs of danger or what happened.
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:37 am

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 pm

OOC: Perception = 10 + 2 (Woo!) = 12

Taryk rushes to the scene and begins carefully searching and assessing the damage and possible clues.
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Moving in opposite directions around the wagon, Jasmine and Merrill both notice corpses lying in the weeds nearby. Although most of the corpses appear to be goblins, those closest to the wagon are human. (Jasmine counts three humans, in total: two middle-aged warriors in scale-mail, and a younger adult male in expensive robes). The wagon appears to be empty and riddled with arrows.

After a cursory examination, the two women realize that no weapons have been left behind: the victors must have carried them off. (Jasmine also finds a leather bound portfolio, lying in the grass, near the young man).



Taryk on the other hand, rushes directly to the wagon, which he discovers to be mostly empty. Droplets of blood cover the bed of wagon, smeared in some places, but not in others. A least one of the bloody marks appears to be a partial boot print. Also, Taryk notices that all of the arrows jutting from the wagon appear to have come from the same direction: north.

-- OOC: Also, Taryk, check your private messages here on the board.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:21 pm

Malazek wrote:-- OOC: Go ahead and describe what you're doing. Also, everyone please make a perception roll (for most of you, that's just a straight d10 ...  Taryk adds 2 to the roll, because he's alert; Thane subtracts 2, because he's absent-minded).
OOC: Sorry, life got in the way. Just in case, I rolled 8 for perception.

zappo168 wrote:Jasmine almost absentmindedly sets down Iris’s cart.
...
“What d’you all make of this?” she asks the group.
Being set down, Iris climbs out of the wheelbarrow and waits for the all clear signal. Once it seems that no one is going to be attacked, Iris heads to the wagon to check for survivors. "It could very well be a trap, or it could be the remains of Jonrick's caravan. Either way, it is our duty to check for survivors." Iris answers her sister.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Iris wrote:OOC: Sorry, life got in the way. Just in case, I rolled 8 for perception.
OOC: No biggie. I figured Iris would stay in the abandoned wheelbarrow.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:20 pm

OOC: I just sent private messages to some of you. Please check your inbox, right at the top of this page. 
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Taryk glances around at the landscape, squinting. "The attack came from the north. It began with a volley of arrows. It's not clear whether the dead fought them off down there in the weeds or if bodies were dragged there in an attempt to hide them, but at least part of the battle took place within the wagon. My guess is that this group's surprise was complete. This was a highly coordinated attack."

Taryk scans the land for hill with a good vantage point of the site.
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:56 pm

North of the trail, there rests a small copse of trees. Beyond that, the ground seems to slope upward toward a number of notable hilltops with good vantages. (The Wyrmstail Mountains loom even higher, beyond the foothills). A little further up the trail, one of those hilltops seems particularly close to the trail and appears to have a rocky summit. To the keen eyes of Taryk Stormbreaker, those "rocks" appear to be ruins.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:08 pm

"Taryk, what did you find there?" Iris asks from a knee, inspecting one of the fallen men.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum