Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 14 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Mon May 16, 2016 11:38 am

--OOC: if i need to spend AP this time to keep blotting darkness up i will not; just the action to maintain, so does it shrink or maintain the size?

Drakor will attack the goblin with his daggers

Roll (attack x2):
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 14 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin Mon May 16, 2016 11:38 am

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Mon May 16, 2016 12:06 pm

Merrill focuses in on the remaining goblin and blob of darkness and shoots twice more.

OOC: +2 for marksmanship, -2 for darkness. Rolled a 3 and a 9
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon May 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Drakor wrote:--OOC: if i need to spend AP this time to keep blotting darkness up i will not; just the action to maintain, so does it shrink or maintain the size?
-OOC: Nope. No AP is needed to maintain blotting darkness; only to expand it to larger than 3 yards diameter. An action is needed to maintain it.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon May 16, 2016 4:08 pm

Round 3 ...

Drakor wrote:Drakor will attack the goblin with his daggers
- #1 'd10' : 2 (+2=4) Miss
- #2 'd10' : 5 (+2=7) 2 damage
Merrill wrote:Merrill focuses in on the remaining goblin and blob of darkness and shoots twice more.
OOC: +2 for marksmanship, -2 for darkness. Rolled a 3 and a 9 (= 3 and 9; Miss and 5 damage)
Drakor's dagger finds the goblin's ribs, just as Merrill's arrow punctures his belly. Surrounded by darkness and slowly bleeding out, the goblin drops to one knee, raising his hand as his weapon clatters to the ground. "I give! I give!" he cries out.

- OOC: Still waiting on Taryk's defense roll from last round; and now his action for this round. He hasn't posted in a few days, so I hope everything is alright. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead post for him so that his absence doesn't derail the game.
- Defense roll = Natural 1 (Crit Fail). That' means Taryk suffered 6 damage last round (8 damage -2 because of his armor).
- Spellcraft roll this round = 8 (8+2-2); 5 damage to the final Goblin.

The power of lightning courses from Taryk's fingertips, arcing toward the final goblins. The surge of power fries the goblin to a crisp, leaving a foul odor in the air.

Game Master wrote:That' means Taryk suffered 6 damage last round (8 damage -2 because of his armor).
Iris wrote:Iris witnessing the battle, moves up behind Taryk and begins intonations for her healing magic.
Ready to help where needed, Iris is standing by with her magic.

- OOC: AP will be needed to heal him. How many would Iris like to spend?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon May 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Thane will drag the goblin corpses to the pit and throw them in. After he is finished he will retrieve his two javelins.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Mon May 16, 2016 6:25 pm

Malazek wrote:Ready to help where needed, Iris is standing by with her magic.

- OOC: AP will be needed to heal him. How many would Iris like to spend?
OOC: I will bring Taryk up to full health. Mal, I believe you said 2AP?

With the enemy down, Iris steps up and puts her arms in front of her, palm facing outward. Finishing some intonations, a wave of pink and white magic flows from her and envelops Taryk, closing his wounds.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon May 16, 2016 6:27 pm

Iris wrote:OOC: I will bring Taryk up to full health. Mal, I believe you said 2AP?
- OOC: Indeed. 2 AP will do it.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon May 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Thane wrote:Thane will drag the goblin corpses to the pit and throw them in. After he is finished he will retrieve his two javelins.
While dragging the corpses, Thane notices that these goblins are equipped with the same raggedy armor and primitive type weapons as the others. One of them, however, has on a nice pair of boots; another has a fine silk purse hanging from his belt. Thane also notices that three of the four have disgusting lesions on their necks and arms.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Mon May 16, 2016 7:52 pm

"Urgh... thanks," Taryk remarks at Iris. He stands up rubbing his shoulder.

Last edited by TheDeadWillWalk on Mon May 16, 2016 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 16, 2016 7:52 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue May 17, 2016 12:20 am

“Good Gods, what’s wrong with these afflicted souls? Iris, can you make out what it is, or anything about it?”

Jasmine begins to take anything valuable-looking from the goblins NOT showing symptoms, stowing things away in the wheelbarrow.

“Taryk, you okay? You took a couple doozies on hits. Lemme know if I can aid ya somehow. And thanks for the coinage, and the note of solidarity. It’ll be best if we are all together on…erm, bein’ together, that is. Well, ya know what I mean.”
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue May 17, 2016 7:12 am

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine begins to take anything valuable-looking from the goblins NOT showing symptoms, stowing things away in the wheelbarrow.
The one un-afflicted goblin has 3 silver coins in his pouch.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue May 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Game Master wrote:... a dim light emanating from nearby ... another chamber with a rough timbered floor, this one occupied by four burly goblins.
Now that the four goblins have been defeated, you are able to get a better look at your surroundings. The chamber itself is "bean-shaped," curving slightly to the right. At the far end of the chamber, two sconces have been hammered into the stone walls, but only one sconce holds a torch. There is nothing else in here.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Wed May 18, 2016 9:30 am

zappo168 wrote:“Taryk, you okay? You took a couple doozies on hits. Lemme know if I can aid ya somehow. And thanks for the coinage, and the note of solidarity. It’ll be best if we are all together on…erm, bein’ together, that is. Well, ya know what I mean.”
"Agreed. I'm fine. Just...didn't really know people look out for each other."
He pauses.
"Ahem... uh... what about those sconces back there? What happened to the other torch?"
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed May 18, 2016 12:59 pm

"Not sure, but we should keep pushing forward."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Wed May 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:"Not sure, but we should keep pushing forward."

"I agree, we should be on the look out for more traps!" Drakor looks around for anything of interest or trappyish.

--OOC: if thane is going to take the lead i will follow closely behind, keeping blotting darkness up and close enough to hopefully engulf thane (as long as he can see where he is going).

ROLL (perception):

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Wed May 18, 2016 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 18, 2016 2:12 pm

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed May 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Drakor wrote:--OOC: if thane is going to take the lead i will follow closely behind, keeping blotting darkness up and close enough to hopefully engulf thane (as long as he can see where he is going).
- OOC: Engulfed in darkness, he will not be able to see. You are the only member of the party who can see currently see in the dark.

Taryk wrote:"Ahem... uh... what about those sconces back there? What happened to the other torch?"
Drakor wrote:Drakor looks around for anything of interest or trappyish.
- ROLL (perception): 6
As Drakor studies the stone walls, he becomes aware of a faint, almost-musical sound; the sound seems to be coming from between the sconces ... or perhaps from somewhere behind that particular wall? It's difficult to say for sure.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Wed May 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Malazek wrote:As Drakor studies the stone walls, he becomes aware of a faint, almost-musical sound; the sound seems to be coming from between the sconces ... or perhaps from somewhere behind that particular wall? It's difficult to say for sure.
Taryk absentmindedly draws the lone torch from his pack and proceeds to the back, inserting it in the lonely sconce.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed May 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Taryk wrote:Taryk absentmindedly draws the lone torch from his pack and proceeds to the back, inserting it in the lonely sconce.
The torch seems to fit.
- OOC: Does he light it?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Wed May 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Malazek wrote:As Drakor studies the stone walls, he becomes aware of a faint, almost-musical sound; the sound seems to be coming from between the sconces ... or perhaps from somewhere behind that particular wall? It's difficult to say for sure.

Taryk wrote:Taryk absentmindedly draws the lone torch from his pack and proceeds to the back, inserting it in the lonely sconce.

Taryk wrote:The torch seems to fit.
- OOC: Does he light it?

drakor quickly grabs Taryk's hand before he can light it. Looking at the whole party putting his finger to his mouth, "shsshhh", in a wisper, "do you hear the music? it seems to be coming from behind this wall from what i can tell..."
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed May 18, 2016 4:53 pm

“So strange,” Jasmine says, eyeing the wall warily. “I say light up the torch, and be ready.” She draws her sword.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Thu May 19, 2016 11:45 am

Fu3l3dGam3r wrote:drakor quickly grabs Taryk's hand before he can light it. Looking at the whole party putting his finger to his mouth, "shsshhh", in a wisper, "do you hear the music? it seems to be coming from behind this wall from what i can tell..."
OOC- I was waiting to see if the torch alone did anything first.

Taryk pauses and waits for some kind of signal.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu May 19, 2016 12:09 pm

With the unlit torch in the sconce, nothing seems to happen (aside from the small chamber being slightly better lit): that is, no traps seem to have been sprung, no secret passages were revealed, and no army of goblins have been summoned to confront you. Now that Drakor has pointed it out, however, you can all hear the faint sound of music coming from beyond this wall.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next