Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

4 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 23 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:14 pm

"I believe that the Arch-Duchess has arranged for the priests to teleport us, in which case I'd like to rest a night in order to be at full strength when we head out to see the troops tomorrow. How about right after breakfast tomorrow?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 23 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Gumphrey answers, "Yeah, she did say the priests would send us and that we'd be back before the end of the day. I always thought the August lands were pretty far, so I guess teleporting makes sense, right? Anyway, I'm eager to see how they keep getting all these valuables all the way here from such a great distance. Aren't you?"

A little while later, Talmut returns from his studies. He holds up the robe and frowns. Then, he announces that he will be teleporting back to the Arx, while you three are on your publicity tour. He wants to check-in on the settlement he founded before you left.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:43 pm

"So are we leaving the other two at the inn?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:00 pm

"Well, if we'll be back by the end of the day, I think they'll be okay...perhaps we can send them a note and let them know what we're up to? Meet them for dinner after we get back?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Gumphrey nods. "Well, they might be curious to see the August lands ... and bringing an entourage might really impress the troops. On the other hand, though, it might be too dangerous for Gervas (but I'm sure Miphelgara can handle himself). So, whatever you guys think."

Talmut adds that he can take one or both of them with him, when he leaves.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:10 pm

"You're right, Gumphrey. Miphelgara would probably enjoy it. Since it's still early, we could walk down to the inn and invite him. Gervas, on the other hand, might do better with you, Talmut. He's in a delicate state these days."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:44 pm

"Since Talmut isn't going, can we disguise Miphelgara to look like Talmut? We could then at least appear as the Band of Four."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:04 pm

"I'm not able to change him into another human form, unfortunately."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Gumphrey responds. "Yeah, I think so. He is able to change shape, right?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:18 pm

"He should be able to, he'll just need a piece of Talmut. An ear should do." Elodie snickers. "Or a beard hair."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:07 pm

"Talmut, can you teleport the others to us then?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Talmut grumbles and then vanishes. He re-appears a moment later, with Miphelgara and Gervas in tow. He then starts preparing to leave, packing his belongings and saying his good-byes.

Miphelgara asks "I thought the guard said that uninvited guests were not allowed in the palace. Are you sure this will be alright?"

"It better be," Gervas snarls.

Gumphrey looks around. "Are we bringing the horses, too? Egan and Stoney and Ol' Bekkie?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:20 pm

"Ah...that's a good question, Gumphrey. If the idea is to take Miphelgara with us as a Talmut-lookalike, then people may wonder why Miphelgara-'Talmut' doesn't have a horse...assuming that real Talmut is taking Nakkamtu with him. Of course, this all depends on you giving Miphelgara your crown for a little while, Gumphrey, which you may not be so keen to do. Gervas, I'm really close to using my original plan to make you human again--remember that plan? I kill you over and over again until I bring you back in the right body? You could be at least a little grateful for your life."

Elodie turns to Miphelgara. "I hope that your stay has been uneventful so far, and that your company hasn't been too...irritable." She nods to Gervas. "We have been asked to visit the troops for the Arch-Duchess to boost morale, and were wondering if you would like to accompany."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:27 pm

"I didn't think about the horses either, I guess we will have to ask. I'm fine with whatever will work best for the caster."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Elodie wrote:"Ah...that's a good question, Gumphrey. If the idea is to take Miphelgara with us as a Talmut-lookalike, then people may wonder why Miphelgara-'Talmut' doesn't have a horse...assuming that real Talmut is taking Nakkamtu with him. 
Jeremiah wrote:"I didn't think about the horses either, I guess we will have to ask. I'm fine with whatever will work best for the caster."
Talmut frowns. He then states that he was planning on taking Nakkamtu with him, but if Nakkamtu would rather go to the August lands with the rest of the party, then that would be fine, too. That's really for Nakkamtu to decide.
Elodie wrote:"Of course, this all depends on you giving Miphelgara your crown for a little while, Gumphrey, which you may not be so keen to do."
"What? But why?" Gumphrey exclaims. "I thought he could change shape all by himself."
"I can," Miphelgara says. "I don't need the crown, but Gervas might. Unless you think a Goblin would help inspire the troops."
"But nobody will recognize me (the Shadow Man) if I don't look like myself" Gumphrey objects. "Maybe we should send Gervas along with Talmut?"
Elodie wrote:"Gervas, I'm really close to using my original plan to make you human again--remember that plan? I kill you over and over again until I bring you back in the right body? You could be at least a little grateful for your life."
Gervas stammers "But ... but ... that wasn't the deal ... nobody said anything about killing ... just that you would change me back. But I've been stuck like this for weeks!"
"It doesn't hurt that much," Gumphrey bluffs.
Elodie wrote:Elodie turns to Miphelgara. "I hope that your stay has been uneventful so far, and that your company hasn't been too...irritable." She nods to Gervas. "We have been asked to visit the troops for the Arch-Duchess to boost morale, and were wondering if you would like to accompany."
"Yes, thank you. I would appreciate that, very much." Miphelgara adds, "In that case, I think Gumphrey is right. If the troops want to see the Shadow Man, they will only be disappointed to see a dwarf in his stead. Returning Gervas to his original form might require some very powerful magicks, but repeatedly killing him might prove to be counter-productive. Perhaps we can negotiate with the clerics, here in Vilderoy? Talmut, how much do you think a spell of that magnitude cost?"

Talmut answers "26,530 Gold."

"I don't supposed we have that much," Miphelgara says.

Gumphrey looks around. "I do. I mean, not with me, of course ... but even if I did, wouldn't I just use it for myself? I mean, I don't plan to stay a Dwarf, forever."

Miphelgara ponders. "That's fair, I guess, but then Gervas could have the magical crown, correct?"

"Well," Gumphrey hesitates. "Yeah, I guess. I kinda wanted to keep it (I mean, it's very useful), but I guess that wouldn't be fair ... if we ever get a chance to change Gervas back, for real, I mean, then I would want this back."

"Hold on, now," Gervas objects. "I don't want to just LOOK like my old self ... I want to BE my old self. Some fancy little crown isn't going to cut it. You need to change me back!"

"That's fine," Gumphrey says. "I'll just hang onto the crown for now. Why don't we let Gervas head back with Talmut, so he can hide out at the Arx, until we get back. Then, I will get my gold and pay to have Gervas returned to his original form. Maybe someone can help me split that bill? Either way, I'll just wait until I have another 26,530 gold to change back to my human form."

"Yeah, let's do that," Gervas says.

Talmut frowns.

Miphelgara adds "If Odbart hadn't stolen my hoard, I would help you pay it, Gumphrey. I would help both of you."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Gumphrey & Miphelgara wrote:"What? But why?" Gumphrey exclaims. "I thought he could change shape all by himself."
"I can," Miphelgara says. "I don't need the crown, but Gervas might. Unless you think a Goblin would help inspire the troops."
"I'm sorry, I forgot that you can do that, Miphelgara. I'm not used to travelling with someone else who has that ability."

Gumphrey wrote:"Well," Gumphrey hesitates. "Yeah, I guess. I kinda wanted to keep it (I mean, it's very useful), but I guess that wouldn't be fair ... if we ever get a chance to change Gervas back, for real, I mean, then I would want this back."
"I can understand, Gumphrey. I certainly wasn't ready to part with the crown when I did, but I simply needed the gold. But maybe we can avoid that happening again."

Gumphrey wrote:"Maybe someone can help me split that bill? "
"Of course. The Vicereine may even be able to help us negotiate or fund this particular endeavor, since she was the one who encouraged us to go through with what we did. If not, I'll you help out, Gumphrey."

Miphelgara wrote: "If Odbart hadn't stolen my hoard, I would help you pay it, Gumphrey. I would help both of you."
"What do you think he did with your hoard?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Elodie wrote:"What do you think he did with your hoard?"
Miphelgara responds "I'm pretty sure he spent it, but maybe Gervas would know better?"
Gervas shrugs and shakes his head. "No idea."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:39 am

"That Odbart was a piece of work," Elodie sighs. "Anyway, Gumphrey, I think you had the plan pretty well summarized. Talmut and Gervas can go back to the Arx now. Tomorrow morning, we'll go visit with troops, with Miphelgara as Talmut. Nakkamtu may want to stay here with us, right? He does have some say in the matter."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:19 pm

"Sounds like a plan Gumph."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Elodie wrote:"That Odbart was a piece of work," Elodie sighs. "Anyway, Gumphrey, I think you had the plan pretty well summarized. Talmut and Gervas can go back to the Arx now. Tomorrow morning, we'll go visit with troops, with Miphelgara as Talmut. Nakkamtu may want to stay here with us, right? He does have some say in the matter."
Jeremiah wrote:"Sounds like a plan Gumph."
Since the rest of the Band seems to be in agreement, Talmut suggests that Elodie should go speak with the horses, tonight, before he leaves. In the meantime, he says, Gervas should start getting ready to go. Then, he hands Miphelgara a single beard-hair.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:04 am

Elodie goes off to find the horses, but makes a quick stop in the kitchens first, to attempt to procure some sugar, carrots, or other suitable snacks for the horses. Then, she heads for the stables. "Hello Egan, Nakkamtu. I hope that you all have been treated well," she greets them, offering any snacks that she has been able to gather (if she can't get snacks, she will pat them each on their snoots). "We will be heading out on a little publicity tour tomorrow morning, to visit the troops in the August lands. Egan, I'd love it if you came with us. Nakkamtu, Talmut is heading back to the Arx but has agreed to let you go with us if you'd like to. Our new friend, Miphelgara, is also going with us and would love to have his own horse for the trip, if you agree to it."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:07 pm

Elodie wrote:Elodie goes off to find the horses, but makes a quick stop in the kitchens first, to attempt to procure some sugar, carrots, or other suitable snacks for the horses. Then, she heads for the stables. "Hello Egan, Nakkamtu. I hope that you all have been treated well," she greets them, offering any snacks that she has been able to gather (if she can't get snacks, she will pat them each on their snoots). "We will be heading out on a little publicity tour tomorrow morning, to visit the troops in the August lands. Egan, I'd love it if you came with us. Nakkamtu, Talmut is heading back to the Arx but has agreed to let you go with us if you'd like to. Our new friend, Miphelgara, is also going with us and would love to have his own horse for the trip, if you agree to it."
"Ooh, snacks!" Egan says. "Thank you!"

Ol' Bekkie eagerly gulps down the snacks offered to her.

Nakkamtu considers the offer, but has a few questions. After Elodie explains that Miphelgara will be disguised as Talmut, Nakkamtu answers "If I do not accompany the impostor, people will wonder why Talmut is without his magnificent steed. So, in order for this plan to work, it seems that I must go with you to the August lands."

Egan then snickers. "You didn't bring enough snacks for Rocky!" ("Rocky" is apparently the name he has dubbed upon the Stone Horse).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Nakkamtu wrote:"So, in order for this plan to work, it seems that I must go with you to the August lands."
"You are right, Nakkamtu! It would certainly help us maintain the appearance of the Band of Four. I will let Talmut know! I'm sure you'll see him again soon, anyway."

Elodie laughs at Egan's joke. "You should be nice to Rocky. You might hurt his feelings!" She leaves the horses, promises them to bring more treats in the morning before they leave, and heads back to her room.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Before heading to bed Jeremiah will go back to the library to do a little more research. As soon as his eye lids are to heavy to hold up, he will head back to the room.

This time instead of studying his favored enemies, he will look into the history of the ongoing wars in the August Lands.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:18 am

Elodie wrote:She leaves the horses, promises them to bring more treats in the morning before they leave, and heads back ...
On her way out of the stables, the stable-master asks "I was told that you would be going for a ride tomorrow, after visiting the High Temple. Would you like me to prepare your steeds for riding? Should I bring them around and meet you meet the temple?"
Jeremiah wrote:Before heading to bed Jeremiah will go back to the library to do a little more research. This time instead of studying his favored enemies, he will look into the history of the ongoing wars in the August Lands.
Jeremiah finds several books on the topic and is able to glean a basic understanding of the the time and and geography of the major battles, as well as the various truces and agreements that were made between the Five Realms and the Fabled Lands. There's a lot of nuanced information there, so hopefully he can remember most of it.

- OOC: This will allow Jeremiah to apply his Geography Skill to the August Lands. It will also allow you to spend points on Knowledge: History, when he levels up.
Elodie & Jeremiah wrote:... and heads back to her room.
As soon as his eye lids are to heavy to hold up, he will head back to the room. 
They arrive back at the suite at almost the same time. Before Elodie and Jeremiah retire to their individual rooms, Talmut and Gervas says their good-byes and finally teleport home.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next