Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

4 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 22 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:32 am

"Thank you, Benjamina, and yes, it is. We just arrived yesterday. The Arch-Duchess has invited us for breakfast this morning, and I'm not sure what to expect. Do you think the King will be there? I only saw him for a few seconds last night, before dinner."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 22 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:18 am

Elodie wrote:"Do you think the King will be there? I only saw him for a few seconds last night, before dinner."
"Oh, I don't think so. I doubt he's out of bed, this early."
Jeremiah wrote:After dressing, Jeremiah will take a couple drags from his pipe while he waits for the others to finish getting ready.
After Elodie and Gumphrey are ready, the manservant and the lady-in-waiting excuses themselves. They tell you that the page will return shortly.

Talmut emerges from his bedroom, still dressed in is usual robes, and says that he is going to skip breakfast, this morning. He wants to take this opportunity to visit the library while everyone else is eating

A little while later, the page does return. She leads Elodie, Gumphrey, and Jeremiah down the same halls as before, to the very same dining hall where you ate dinner the night before. You see immediately that the hall is filled with nobles, feasting on wide array of different foods; breads of all sizes, eggs cooked every way imaginable, fruits and cheeses, sausages and hams.

But the page doesn't stop there, she keeps walking. Realizing your confusion, she says "Oh, I'm sorry. You'll be eating in the private chamber of the Arch-Duchess, this morning."

The page continues on, leading you further down the hall and around a corner to a set of ornate double doors. Covered in red letter, the doors are flanked by a dozen knights. The page smiles and walks right up to the door, but doesn't open in. None of the knights react to your presence.

"You can go on in," the page says. "I'm not allowed enter."

Gumphrey steps forward and opens the door cautiously. After peering inside, he looks back at Elodie and Gumphrey and waves you forward, as he disappears through the door.

On the other side of the door, you find a lavish parlor. Decorated with velvety tapestries and numerous works of art, the room holds several huge oil paintings, a couple of small marble busts, a colorful globe, and a glass cabinet full of statuettes and bells. In the center of the room is a broad table with intricately carved legs, gilded trim, and what looks like an onyx top. Upon the table, are four large silver platters full of food, half a dozen golden carafes, a stack of porcelain plates, and a pile of golden utensils. Upon the platters, you see a variety of meats (bacon, ham, sausage), breads (biscuits, crumpets, scones, waffles, and whole loves), and fruit (some citrus, melon, and berries). You also see a tray full of boiled eggs and a another full of quiche. You can only guess at what's in the carafes.

Soft music emanates from unknown source, as does the smell of burning sandalwood.

A handsome woman sits behind the table, flanking by two standing knights. She says nothing, but glares as if waiting for you to do something. Gumphrey eagerly steps forward, "Hello! Thank you for having us!" Jeremiah realizes that the woman was waiting for a more deferential greeting (perhaps a bow or a courtesy) and that she is, in fact, the Arch-Duchess Adelaide.

GM EDit: Please Pardon Typoes. I'll correct them later.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:34 am

Jeremiah will bow and introduce himself to the Archduchess.

"Archduchess Adelaide, I am Jeremiah Laqueus of Danmar, pleasure to meet you. May I take this opportunity to thank you for not just breakfast but this invitation to stay the winter in your palace. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to return this favor."

He will then take his seat...

Nobility +1
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will bow and introduce himself ... "Archduchess Adelaide, I am Jeremiah Laqueus of Danmar, pleasure to meet you. May I take this opportunity to thank you for not just breakfast but this invitation to stay the winter in your palace. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to return this favor." He will then take his seat...
"Yes, please, come in. Join me ... and your friend; let us eat and enjoy each other's company. Since you offered, yes, there may be something you can do for me, but let us get to know each other first. I would like to hear about how you defeated all those terrible giants! After that, you can tell me about your fight with Eskandar. If I had known there was bad blood between him and your friend Talmut, I would never have invited him to this winter court. Speaking of which, where is Lord Talmut?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:14 am

"Talmut you ask? He has sequestered himself to the library for his studies."

Jeremiah will then go into a similar rant about defeating the giants as he has before. He will try and flirt a little with the Archduchess as well...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Elodie will curtsy and introduce herself. "I am Elodie, Warden of the Timberwyld. I am honored to spend time in your beautiful palace."

Not wanting to interfere with Jeremiah chatting up the Arch-Duchess, she will wait til it is polite to sit at the table, and will do so. She will nudge Gumphrey along as well, if necessary.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Elodie wrote:Elodie will curtsy and introduce herself. "I am Elodie, Warden of the Timberwyld. I am honored to spend time in your beautiful palace."
Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will then go into a similar rant about defeating the giants as he has before. He will try and flirt a little with the Archduchess as well...
Elodie wrote:Not wanting to interfere with Jeremiah chatting up the Arch-Duchess, she will wait til it is polite to sit at the table, and will do so. She will nudge Gumphrey along as well, if necessary.
She listens quietly while Jeremiah recants the story of how the Band of Four vanquished the mighty Jarigor, but politely ignores his attempts to flirt. Gumphrey digs into the meal and eats heartily, wolfing down as much food and drink as he can. When the tale is finished, Adelaide says "Well, that is certainly a heroic tale. Surely, you deserve all the accolades it has earned you ... and it is a pleasure to have the four of you here for the winter. I also understand you met Aric von Eldridge IV, Duke of Daxony? Tell me, if you please, what did you think of him?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:09 pm

"The Duke was welcoming, but perhaps a bit invasive. He seems to be very well-studied," Elodie says. "His city does seem to be a good place to live if you want to learn more about magic, though."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:08 pm

After they are done with the pleasantries Jeremiah will inquire about the task the archduchess hinted about.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Elodie wrote:"The Duke was welcoming, but perhaps a bit invasive. He seems to be very well-studied," Elodie says.
"Hmm. Yes, that does sound like him."
Elodie wrote:"His city does seem to be a good place to live if you want to learn more about magic, though."
"Yes, true. If you are interested in that sort of magic, I suppose it is. Of course, if you are interested in the magic of the gods, then there's no place like Vilderoy. I am sorry, I did not mean to interrupt. Please, continue."
Jeremiah wrote:After they are done with the pleasantries Jeremiah will inquire about the task the archduchess hinted about.
"I am glad you asked. I was hoping you would let the priests send you to the August lands, in the south, where my brother wages war against the enemies of the Kingdom. You wouldn't be gone long; less than a day. Word has it that the troops there have heard rumors of a giant army attacking our fair citizens ... and I think a visit from the famous Band of Four would be good for their morale. What say you? Are you willing to perform a little publicity tour, for the sake of the Five Realms? I do hope so."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 pm

"Ooooh, that sounds like fun! I should've had some decorative armor made...oh well! I would be happy to ride out and see the troops. We can leave right after breakfast, if the rest of my party is up for it!" Elodie looks to Jeremiah and Gumphrey.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Elodie wrote:"Ooooh, that sounds like fun! I should've had some decorative armor made...oh well! I would be happy to ride out and see the troops. We can leave right after breakfast, if the rest of my party is up for it!" Elodie looks to Jeremiah and Gumphrey.
"Decorative armor? Well, that can be arranged," the Arch-duchess laughs. With his mouth stuffed full, Gumphrey looks to Elodie and Jeremiah. Then, with a swallow, he says "Yeah, I am ... if Jeremiah is. Haven't you always wanted to see the August lands? I know I have."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:20 am

"Sounds good to me, my axes have been missing the taste of giant blood."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Sounds good to me, my axes have been missing the taste of giant blood."
"Yes, well. You three sure are enthusiastic. After we finish eating, I will have the royal armorer come and find you."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Elodie squeals a little bit at the mention of the royal armorer. "That would be wonderful!" she says enthusiastically. "So, Arch-Duchess...what do you all do around here to entertain yourselves? Who's in charge of the forest around the castle?" 
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:23 pm

After Jeremiah finishes eating he will excuse himself from the table and go to the dungeon to check on Talmut and the prisoner. 

Bowing...

"Thanks for the meal, I will go check on Talmut and then visit the royal armourer. After which we will head out and look into the August lands."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Elodie wrote:"So, Arch-Duchess...what do you all do around here to entertain yourselves?"
"I don't usually have time for fun, I'm afraid, but I do enjoy a game of backgammon or chess, occasionally. Of course, I watch the tournaments and attend many banquets, when it is my duty to do so, but otherwise I am simply too busy for such things. And I don't care for court jesters or hunting. What about you? Skittles and gameball, I assume? Wait, no, you're from Kelbany; hurling, I suppose?"
Elodie wrote:"Who's in charge of the forest around the castle?" 
"Ruby Woods is the Royal Forester. Her uncle was the late legendary Randolph Woods."
Jeremiah wrote:Bowing... "Thanks for the meal, I will go check on Talmut and then visit the royal armourer. After which we will head out and look into the August lands."
Rising from her chair, the Arch-duchess nods politely toward Jeremiah. "Thank you for joining me this morning and thank you again for your service the Kingdom. You have my sincerest gratitude."
Jeremiah wrote:After Jeremiah finishes eating he will excuse himself from the table and go to the dungeon to check on Talmut and the prisoner. 
Jeremiah searches for the dungeon but isn't really sure how to find the palace's sub-levels. After awhile, he finds a stairwell that takes him beneath the street level, but finds himself in the servants' wing. An expert on both direction sense and subterranean construction, he manages to navigate the labyrinthine underbelly of the palace, until he eventually finds the iron door that separates the dungeon from the rest of the castle.

Pushing the door open, he finds a guard room manned by a half-dozen stout jailers, each more rugged and marred than the last. As Jeremiah enters, a few of them look up from their card game or from sharpening their knives. One of them, who happened to already be crossed the room, turn to approach Jeremiah. "Captain Jeremiah, Sir? Are you lost? Or is there something I can help you with?"

Last edited by Malazek on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:38 pm

"Yes, I'm here to check on Talmut and the prisoner who attacked us. Was anything discovered about his foul intent?"

Once Jeremiah is finished with his due diligence, he will seek out the royal armorer...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Yes, I'm here to check on Talmut and the prisoner who attacked us. Was anything discovered about his foul intent?"
"Yes, sir. Lord Talmut was here earlier, but he left. The prisoner, on the other hand, is secure in his cell. If you would like, I can show you." He leads Jeremiah through another iron door, which leads to hallway flanked by many doors. He leads Jeremiah down the hall, where intersects with another similar hallway. Jeremiah can see that that hallway also intersects with several others, in both directions. There must be a hundred cells down here! The jailer turns left and walks about half way down that hall, before stopping at another door. "This is it," he says, as he reaches up to open the hatch on the door. Swinging it open, he takes a look inside, then steps back. "Have a look." Jeremiah is able to peer inside. He sees the swarthy prisoner sitting on a bench, with both wrists manacled to the wall. With his keen eyesight, Jeremiah is able to make out subtle runes on the shackles themselves. Two buckets sit at his feat; one full of clean water, the other full of "used" liquids.
Jeremiah wrote:Once Jeremiah is finished with his due diligence, he will seek out the royal armorer...
Jeremiah has a much easier time finding the armorer. "Yes, come on in," the old man grumbles. "I was told you'd be coming." He produces an ornate breastplate that appears to be made of wood and bears the visage of a lion on the chest. Arcane runes decorate the edges, along the waist and neck. "This should fit you," he says, holding it up.

Ironwood Breastplate of the Narlands
(Medium Armor. +7 Armor Bonus, +3 Max Dex Bonus, -3 Armor Check Penalty, 25% Arcane Spell Failure, Move 20, 30 lbs)
This armor is made of wood, but is as hard as steel. It is not affected by conditions that affect steel and does not burn, but is otherwise affected as normal wood. It carries a natural +1 enhancement to AC (already counted in) and has been further enchanted with a Fire Resistance of 10 and a +5 bonus to both Diplomacy and Intimidation. (Neither of the skill bonuses apply dealing with members of the royal family).
Value: 29000 Gold
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:43 pm

The Arch-Duchess wrote:What about you? Skittles and gameball, I assume? Wait, no, you're from Kelbany; hurling, I suppose?"

"Oh, I don't participate in many organized activities. Back home, I tend to stick to myself. I do enjoy an occasional friendly competition, though, so maybe I'll take up something while we're visiting."

The Arch-Duchess wrote:"Ruby Woods is the Royal Forester. He uncle was the late legendary Randolph Woods."

"Perhaps I will have a chance to visit Ms. Woods while we are here."

After the meal, Elodie will thank the Arch-Duchess for her hospitality. "Thank you so much for inviting us to enjoy breakfast with you. I look forward to spending time here, and am eager to visit the battlefield on your behalf. Right, Gumphrey?" Elodie nods to Gumphrey to encourage him to be polite. Once Gumphrey has responded (if he chooses to), Elodie will curtsy and head back to her room.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:51 am

After inspecting the armor..

"Yes, this is fine armor indeed. I shall wear it proudly, while visit the troops to the south."

Jeremiah will then head off to his room and get ready for the journey.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Jeremiah wrote:After inspecting the armor.. "Yes, this is fine armor indeed. I shall wear it proudly, while visit the troops to the south." 
"Excellent," the old man says. "Can you take this with you? It is for your companions."
He indicates a stout wooden chest in the corner of the room.
Elodie wrote:"Perhaps I will have a chance to visit Ms. Woods while we are here."
"Indeed, you should. I think the two of you would have much in common."
Elodie wrote:After the meal, Elodie will thank the Arch-Duchess for her hospitality. "Thank you so much for inviting us to enjoy breakfast with you. I look forward to spending time here, and am eager to visit the battlefield on your behalf. Right, Gumphrey?"
The Arch-duchess replies, "You are very welcome. It was my pleasure."
"Right, yes," Gumphrey says. "Of course."
Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will then head off to his room and get ready for the journey.
Elodie wrote:Elodie will curtsy and head back to her room.
Elodie, and Gumphrey make it back to the room. Jeremiah arrives a short while later. Talmut is still out.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Dungeon Master to Jeremiah wrote:the old man says. "Can you take this with you? It is for your companions." He indicates a stout wooden chest in the corner of the room.
Dungeon Master to Elodie & Jeremiah wrote:Elodie, and Gumphrey make it back to the room. Jeremiah arrives a short while later. Talmut is still out.
OOC: In order to move things along, I will just assume that Jeremiah brought the box back to the room and opened it.

Inside the chest, you find more armor and other attire that match Jeremiah's new breastplate.

Ironwood Breastplate of the Narlands
An ornate breastplate that appears to be made of wood and bears the shape of a lioness across the shoulders. Arcane runes decorate the edges, along the waist and neck.
(Medium Armor. +7 Armor Bonus, +3 Max Dex Bonus, -3 Armor Check Penalty, 25% Arcane Spell Failure, Move 20, 30 lbs)
This armor is made of wood, but is as hard as steel. It is not affected by conditions that affect steel and does not burn, but is otherwise affected as normal wood. It carries a natural +1 enhancement to AC (already counted in) and has been further enchanted with a Fire Resistance of 10 and a +5 bonus to both Diplomacy and Sense Motive. (Neither of the skill bonuses apply when dealing with members of the royal family).
Value: 29,000 Gold

Robe of the Narland Sage
An ornate robe made of heavy cloth with the visage of a lion embroidered on the chest. Arcane runes are sewn into the hem, along the waist and neck.
This robe has been enchanted to provide a +1 Resistance Bonus to AC, in addition to providing a Fire Resistance of 10 and a +5 bonus to both Diplomacy and Linguistics. (The Diplomacy bonus does not apply when dealing with members of the royal family. The Linguistics bonus, however, allows the wearer to speak five additional languages, as long as the robe is worn).
Value: 30,000 Gold

Jacket of the Narland Knave
An ornate leather jerkin with iron studs and the likeness of a black lion across both sleeves. Arcane runes decorate the hems, along the waist and neck.
(Light Armor. +4 Armor Bonus, +5 Max Dex Bonus, No Armor Check Penalty, 15% Arcane Spell Failure, Move 30, 20 lbs)
This leather armor has been enchanted to provide a +1 Enchantment Bonus to AC, in addition to providing a Fire Resistance of 10 and a +5 bonus to both Bluff and Diplomacy. (Neither of the skill bonuses apply when dealing with members of the royal family).
Value: 30,000 Gold

OOC: Note that the male and female breastplates are not exactly the same (different skill bonuses).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:03 pm

"Ooooh, this is nice!" Elodie attempts to put on her new armor. "A bit heavy but...that's okay!" She turns to Gumphrey. "What do you think of yours?" She then says to Jeremiah, "When do you think they want us to leave?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Jeremiah will aggregate his belongings together and don his new armor. He will then ask the others if they are prepared to go. If so he will go get the rest of the party at the local inn and head south to rally the troops.

"Ahh, this new armor fits quite nice."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next