Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

4 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 13 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:20 pm

Elodie wrote:While Talmut and the gang are searching the house for valuables, Elodie will search for any signs as to where the goblin may have run off to.
She does not find him. Apparently, he left.
Elodie wrote:"Sure. Are you all ready to go question the guard? I don't want to be the only one around when he wakes up..."
If everyone is ready, Elodie will go prod the guard with her wand.
OOC: Is everyone ready?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 13 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Swifthand Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:06 pm

"Yes, I stand ready to assist you, if need be, Elodie."  Talmut will also check out the body of Odbart, looking for anomalies.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:56 pm

Talmut wrote:Talmut will also check out the body of Odbart, looking for anomalies.
Talmut finds the following on Odbart's corpse.
- Bracers of Armor +4
- Cloak of Resistance +2
- A non-magical ring of iron keys.

Other than the lack of powerful items or other riches, he doesn't find anything unusual. It appears to be the same Odbart you dealt with before. There's no vestigial tails or third nipples or anything of the sort. He's just a dead old man. 
Talmut wrote:"Yes, I stand ready to assist you, if need be, Elodie."
Elodie wrote:If everyone is ready, Elodie will go prod the guard with her wand.
Use Wand of Cure Serious Wounds.
Suddenly, the guard wakes up. "Wha-what happened? ... You! ... Don't hurt me! Don't kill me, please."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:53 pm

"We won't try to hurt you if you don't try to hurt us. Was Odbart controlling you?" Elodie asks.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Elodie wrote:"We won't try to hurt you if you don't try to hurt us. Was Odbart controlling you?" Elodie asks.
"Controlling? I ... uh, I don't ... Yes. Yes, I think he was. He was controlling me, with magic. The others, too."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Elodie narrows her eyes at the man. "You think?" 

Sense Motive +16
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Elodie wrote:Elodie narrows her eyes at the man. "You think?" 
Sense Motive +16
"Yeah, I think so. I ... I don't think I was being myself. I don't normally agree to work for free. So, yeah, I guess he must have been controlling us."
Elodie thinks the guard is still a little befuddled, just waking up from both enthrallment and unconsciousness. But she thinks he's telling the truth.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:20 pm

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry that you've been put through this. My name is Elodie. Do you know where you are, and how long you've been here? Or what the old man was up to?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Elodie wrote:"Oh. Well, I'm sorry that you've been put through this. My name is Elodie. Do you know where you are, and how long you've been here? Or what the old man was up to?"
"Yeah, I'm ... I'm in Lord Odbart's tower. I think I've been here, about six months, I guess? No, seven. Yeah, seven months. What was he up to? He was, um, getting a dragon I guess. Right after I -- I mean 'we' -- were brought here, he started selling all these old things: um, art, books, jewelry, you name it. Then, a few weeks alter, the dragon came. After that, he spend most of his time with the dragon ... or secreted away in his lab. Well, when he wasn't at the Zaubereigarten, I mean."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 pm

"What about the goblin? I saw a goblin yesterday, and he was chained to a work bench. It seems as though Odbart wasn't very kind to any of you, was he?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Elodie wrote:"What about the goblin? I saw a goblin yesterday, and he was chained to a work bench. It seems as though Odbart wasn't very kind to any of you, was he?"
"Oh, Lubiyub? Oh, yeah, Odbart and Lubiyub had a strange relationship. Odbart was really cruel to that goblin. But I don't pity him, not one bit. He deserved it. Lubiyub was every bit as mean and nasty as the legends say ... no, meaner. But it was strange, sometimes Odbart would trust him with really important tasks. He was even allowed to leave the house by himself, but as soon as he came back, he was shackled back up again. Do you .... do you think he was controlling the goblin, too? I mean, he could have been, right?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:33 pm

"Maybe he was. Where would the goblin go when he left the house? Where do you think he would go if he had the chance to escape?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Elodie wrote:"Maybe he was. Where would the goblin go when he left the house? Where do you think he would go if he had the chance to escape?"
"Oh, uh, I don't know. Errands, I think? Hmm. I guess he would go back home, y'know, to wherever goblins call home."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:19 pm

"Interesting. I didn't know there was a large group of goblins around here. Anyway, do you have a family you'd like to get back to? Do you know the other guards very well? We're going to bring them back, you know, since you were being mind-controlled."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:22 pm

Elodie wrote:"Anyway, do you have a family you'd like to get back to? Do you know the other guards very well? We're going to bring them back, you know, since you were being mind-controlled."
"Yeah, actually, I do. Uh, no, I didn't know them well at all, but I do know that some of them had families. I'm sure they will be grateful to be brought back."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:05 am

"Well, the goblin may be running to warn the Duke so we should hurry up with the looting and resurrecting. There is the possibility that once Odbart died his control over the goblin was relinquished but either way I think it safer for us to flee the scene of this crime as quickly as possible."

Looking to Talmut

"You plan on teleporting us out of here after the resurrections?"

OOC: I'm taking the belt and the bracers, did someone add up the list of loot?...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:31 pm

O.O.C. - I haven't yet, but can tomorrow.

Talmut nods to Jeremiah.  "Yes, I can teleport five of us away from here.  Miphelgara, can you assume a human form?  Much easier to teleport, and much less conspicuous.  We should also take Odbert's body, and clean up our tracks. No need to make it easy for them to trace this back to us." 

Satisfied with the answers that the guard gives, Talmut will cast Limited Wish three times (scroll/staff/learned) and emulate Reincarnation on three of the guards.

Once everyone is up, Talmut will introduce himself and the party to the guards. "There is more to the story that led the Band of Four to freeing all of you from Odbert's enchantments.  I am afraid that your place in it may not be concluded, and may even lead to further danger, especially if you remain here.  I can offer the safety of the Arx Scorpulus, outside the city of Umberfall.  If you are willing to work, there will be a fair life for you and your families there.  See the castallan, Maius, and tell him we sent you."
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Elodie also begins to perform a similar ritual when Talmut starts to bring the three guards back, focusing on the remaining dead guard.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Talmut wrote:Miphelgara, can you assume a human form?  Much easier to teleport, and much less conspicuous.  We should also take Odbert's body, and clean up our tracks. No need to make it easy for them to trace this back to us." 
"I can."
Talmut wrote:Satisfied with the answers that the guard gives, Talmut will cast Limited Wish three times (scroll/staff/learned) and emulate Reincarnation on three of the guards.
Elodie wrote:Elodie also begins to perform a similar ritual when Talmut starts to bring the three guards back, focusing on the remaining dead guard.
Three of the guards come back as humans. The fourth, comes back as a goblin. He doesn't seem happy about it.
- OOC: Reincarnate rolls were 75, 75,  95, and 39.
Talmut wrote:"There is more to the story that led the Band of Four to freeing all of you from Odbert's enchantments.  I am afraid that your place in it may not be concluded, and may even lead to further danger, especially if you remain here.  I can offer the safety of the Arx Scorpulus, outside the city of Umberfall.  If you are willing to work, there will be a fair life for you and your families there.  See the castallan, Maius, and tell him we sent you."
The four human guards accept Talmut's offer.

The one that came back as a goblin, however, objects. "What am I supposed to do? Just take my goblin self over to this Arx and start a fresh life? Like goblins just generally accepted there as good neighbors? I doubt it. And I wouldn't know how to find other goblins, even if I wanted to! No, I'm coming with you guys, until you figure out how to turn me human again. Understood?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Elodie stares down at the goblin man for a minute, chewing on her lip. "Well, if I get some more oil, I can kill you and bring you back again until you're human. So we should be able to arrange that at some point in time."

She turns to look at Gumphrey, Talmut, and Jeremiah. "Help me get Odbart into the bag. I'm not looking forward to carrying him around for a long time, but if it needs to be done, so be it. Let's throw the scrolls and everything else in here, too, that we're not wearing out--we can divvy it up later. After that, I'm ready to get out of here. To the inn?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Glitz wrote:Elodie stares down at the goblin man for a minute, chewing on her lip. "Well, if I get some more oil, I can kill you and bring you back again until you're human. So we should be able to arrange that at some point in time."
LMAO...DnFnD!
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:20 pm

"Gum, Jeremiah - can you try to cover our tracks?  And there is a problem, I can only Teleport five of us", says Talmut, eyeing the goblin.  "Anyone have any ideas?"

Once everyone is ready and that is settled, Talmut bids the guards good luck and council's them to leave the city immediately.  Then, he instructs the Band and dragon to grasp each other's hands, and casts Teleport.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Talmut wrote:"Gum, Jeremiah - can you try to cover our tracks?  And there is a problem, I can only Teleport five of us", says Talmut, eyeing the goblin. "Anyone have any ideas?"
Gumphrey suggests, "You could take the goblin, in my place. I'll just sneak back. Nobody will see me."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:02 pm

"Or, um...I could just carry part of him back in the bag. Since he wants to be a human again, anyway. Or you could sneak back, Gumphrey. You're good at that. Either one works for me."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Elodie wrote:"Or, um...I could just carry part of him back in the bag. Since he wants to be a human again, anyway. Or you could sneak back, Gumphrey. You're good at that. Either one works for me."
The guards interjects, "Woa, woa! Part of me? Let's not get carried away. I have no intention of getting chopped up ... or of dying again. We need to find a better solution."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next