Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 11 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:I quickly help the Lt. Colonel lay the body of the High General in the back of the wagon, grab the Bow of Ator, replacing it with my longbow, and replenish my arrows. Then I jump into the drivers seat, calling Hound up next to me.
The two of you quickly lift the HG's bloody corpse into the wagon ... his mask is nowhere to be seen.

Passive Perception 26: Something about the HG's face seems VERY familiar to Davin, but he can't put his finger on what it is (which is strange, considering nobody has ever seen the HG's face).

Davin wrote:"Darnell - the Dwarves have infiltrated the sewers and have seige engines surrounding the city. With the High General dead, who is in command? The battle for the Training Grounds not only seems lost, but seems a waste as well. Of course, I am not a strategist, but retreat to the city seems like a good plan at this point."
He responds "All good points. Who's in command? That's a better question than you realize ... unfortunately, I won't have the answer until we know for sure which of the Lord-General's have survived. But I agree, these fields are of little importance. The troops here should pull out. More importantly, we need to establish communication with the troops on the inside."

Davin wrote:"... and you to safety, Princess."
"Yes, please. My brother will be cross if he sees me on the battlefield."

Davin wrote:"Alverdine, Alex - man the rear and keep any Dwarves off our back. Reed, the same, up front with me."
Alverdine nods, and takes up his bow. Speaking to the other Maor, he says "Vyraes si Belos-Tasar." (Protect the Junior-Marshal).

The team is inspired to maximum speed.

Neither the Lord-General nor Aodhan can be seen from your current position, but Draxus Ferall's personal banner still flies over the small hill in the southwest corner of the training fields. His troops seem to have mustered morale, and are again on the march.

Surveying the battlefield, Davin can tell that the Imperials suffered heavy losses here ... but it seems the tide is turning; or atleast evening out. The ratio of Dwarves-to-Imperials has not changed much since you arrived. The Dwarves must have had the element of surprise, and with a couple thousand more troops this bloodbath might have been a complete slaughter.

Davin wrote:O.O.C. - So, we have me, Alex, Straegis, the Princess, the Lt. Colonel, Alverdine, two more Maor, Reed, and Hound with us in the wagon, correct?
Correct.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 11 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Swifthand wrote:After hearing Darnell's reply, I shout into the back of the wagon as I drive.

"What is the horn call for retreat!"

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:After hearing Darnell's reply, I yell into the back of the wagon as I drive.
"What is the horn call for retreat!"
"One short blast, followed by a long waning note."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Swifthand wrote:I take up the reins in one hand and raise my horn.

"BRAA! BRAOOOoooo!"
"BRAA! BRAOOOoooo!"
"BRAA! BRAOOOoooo!"
"BRAA! BRAOOOoooo!"

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex nods to Davin and attempts to stand on the wagon. "Right." He says, adjustign the eyepatch and smiling.

Rather than expend his rare Tides of Retributions (which he normally recollects after a battle; here he will have no chance) his hands begin to mist and steam as they drag and condense water from the air. Very soon he has collected a number of globes, sending three rotating around his left wrist, and two around his right.

The wagon rolls through the fields, coming dangerously close to a pocket of fighting. Some of the dwarves split off. Although they don't move quickly; Alex attempts to help out in the battle.

He takes his first globe and freezes it, catapulting it into the stomach of the first persuer, the second is quickly frozen in his tracks as Alex clenches his fist and a puddle at the dwarf's foot snakes up his legs to root him in place. The cold biting into his tough skin.

One grabs a hammer and throws it, but Alex is prepared. His second globe flies forward, knocking the throwing hammer to the ground. This thrower seems adamant to hit Alex however, and sends another skyward. Alex has no time to deal with it as he see's his opportunity. He streams his third globe out, into a long snake, wrapping itself around the dwarf;s neck he see's the light go out of his eyes as he wrenches the stream back, snapping the vertebrae. The throwing hammer lands with a clunk next to Alex. Inches from his head.

Having dealth with those three, Alex still has a globe left on each wrist. He notes a large ditch as the wagon rolls down a small hill. The ground is saturated with water from last nights downpour. He raises his hands as the wagon rolls over it, and a small wall of glistening ice is formed; should be enough to deter any followers from that direction.

Noticing a large pocket of dwarves fighting in the distance, he joins his two globes together, and steals some water from puddles on the soggy ground as the wagon passes them. Massing a huge spinning sphere of fluid he launches it at the fight, as it arcs down it bursts into a boiling mist; searing dwarf skin.

After all this Alex collapses to the foot of the wagon. Panting and stroking his hands. The delicate movements of magic have left his glved hands aching. He rubs his one remaining eye, and marvels at the powers of the eyepatch.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:Passive Perception 26: Something about the HG's face seems VERY familiar to Davin, but he can't put his finger on what it is (which is strange, considering nobody has ever seen the HG's face).

I am rolling a basic Intelligence check on this - why is it so familiar?

Intelligence check = 23 (Natch!)

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:I am rolling a basic Intelligence check on this - why is it so familiar?
Intelligence check = 23 (Natch!)
That is without a doubt the same face that stares at you from every coin in your purse: the face of Sazar IX, the EMPEROR!
And he's dead. Uh-Oh.
Swifthand wrote:Holy schite!

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:"Perhaps they've got items that will aid us in the battles to come. Help me look." (Diplomacy: 31)
He sets about collecting any such items from the fallen Dwarves.

Perception:15, 16, 25, 24, 11, 22, 16, 8, 20, 12
The Medical Officer loots the Dwarves as he continues to heal his comrades; a number of times, Verity sees him lift something from a body and stick it in his pouch. More than once, he smiles and gives Verity the thumbs up.

But Verity is also finding some goodies. In total he finds 12 Potions that he thinks are Healing Potions and 3 other Potions that look similiar but slightly different (and they are in better quality vials, too). He also finds 325 gold coins and a giant Emerald (worth about 1000 gp).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Malazek wrote:Alverdine and Reed fire into the crowd with their bows as Alex does the same with his magic, transforming the ATW into vehicle of death; but as the Dwarves fall, Alex becomes increasingly aware that a battle of psyches is taking place between the Aqeaus Templar and the Eyepatch.

As the battle ensues, the unspoken voices of both items get louder and louder. That is, both items are projecting emotions onto Alex, and the strength of the projections is steadily increasing. By the time the wagon reaches the gate, Alex has a better understanding of both items.

The use of water magic makes the Aqeaus Templar happy, and Alex SENSES that the defense of Aquamancers and the restoration of the six towers is it's primary goal. But it does not like, and will not abide by, the presence of another sentient item; namely, the Eyepatch.

The Eyepatch of Hemingr delights in exposing hidden enemies and especially enjoys killing them from afar, but its goals are a little less tangible: attach itself to a clever hero and reveal as many secrets as possible. But like the Aqeaus Templar, the Eyepatch, does not like, and will not abide by, the presence of another sentient item; namely, the Aqeaus Templar.

OOC: In terms of game mechanics ...
The Aqeaus Templar now has a Concordance of 12 (Satisified).
The Eyepatch of Hemingr now has a Concordance of 5 (Normal).
(The higher the Concordance, the happier the Item is).

Also, the Aqeaus Templar's powers have grown a bit ...

The Aqeaus Templar
Item Slot: Neck
Enhancement: +2 Fortitude, Reflex, Will (for now)
Property: Gain Resist Poison 10
Power (At-Will): Minor Action. Use this power when you are adjacent to an ally who is subject to an effect that a save can end. The ally is no longer affected, and you now have the effect. You cannot make a saving throw against this effect until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily ✦ Healing): Minor Action. Spend a healing surge. One ally within 5 squares of you regains hit points as though he or she had spent a healing surge.
Power (Daily ✦ Zone): Standard Action. By heating the water around you, you cause hot steam to fill a close burst 1 until the end of your next turn. This zone of steam provides concealment to all creatures within it. Any creature other than you that starts its turn within the zone takes 1d6 fire damage. Sustain minor; you must be within 10 squares of the zone.
Power (Daily): Standard Action. You cause an area of open liquid to freeze. Up to 20 contiguous squares of the liquid’s surface are frozen, becoming normal terrain that can support the weight of up to twenty Medium creatures, five Large creatures, or one Huge creature. The Aqueas Templar can solidify any sort of liquid, from water to lava. The frozen surface has the following statistics: AC 3, Fortitude 15, Reflex 3, hp 20 per square. It lasts for 4 hours or until destroyed.

As long as the Aqeaus Templar is Satisfied, add the following:
Enhancement: +2 AC
Property: +2 Power Bonus to Saving Throws

Concordance: 12
Owner gains a level: +1d10
Owner or one ally is an Aquamancer: +2
Owner makes progress toward restoring one of the six towers: +1
Owner restores one of the six towers: +5
Owner heals or defends an Aquamancer (max 1/Encounter): +1
Owner harms an Aquamancer: -2
Owner uses another Sentient Item: -1 (-2 if the Item is an Artifact)
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

For now, the powers of The Eyepatch of Hemingr remain mostly a mystery ... but you know that it allows you to See Invisible, Ignore Concealment and Total Concealment, and ignore Cover (but NOT Superior Cover).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:The Eyepatch of Hemingr delights in exposing hidden enemies and especially enjoys killing them from afar, but its goals are a little less tangible: attach itself to a clever hero and reveal as many secrets as possible. But like the Aqeaus Templar, the Eyepatch, does not like, and will not abide by, the presence of another sentient item; namely, the Aqeaus Templar.

Shweet. Me likey.

-Swift
The Witch-King wrote:
The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax grins a toothy grin and spends a Healing Surge.
DM EDIT: Spends a Healing Surge? You mean by using your Second Wind?
Or with your new Inspiring Word? Also, how many HPs do you have left?
Page 293, "After a short rest you can spend as many Healing Surges as you like outside of combat . . . "
59 hps now (max); 5 surges left.

DM EDIT: Right ... but I was thinking, since the guy just stabbed you, that your IN combat.

You could've spent it before the stabbed you, but then you'll have 53 hps (because he stabbed you for 6). If you want to spend it after he stabs you, then you'll need to get out of combat and take another short rest (which takes about 5 minutes, page 263).

Either way is fine.
I just want to avoid: "He stabs you ... I spend a surge and stab him back."

OOC: 'K. I'll hold off then.

Hearing from afar the unmistakable sound of a horn calling retreat, Mordax looks to the Subcommander and softly says "Ther' it is, laddie, tha' sound tae regroup. Yer' surprise is lost, an' tha' massed foot be formin' ranks. No' e'en tha' staid dwarven hammerers can contend wi' a' hundred-thousand spears advancing at tha' half-step. Face it, boyo', this fight is lost."

Intimidate = teh 5uxx0r5 Invisible Castle = don't bother posting the shite-luvin' result.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Swifthand wrote:I take up the reins in one hand and raise my horn.

"BRAA! BRAOOOoooo!"
"BRAA! BRAOOOoooo!"
"BRAA! BRAOOOoooo!"
"BRAA! BRAOOOoooo!"

"I recognize that horn. What's the call mean? Retreat you say?" He stares at the medical officer incredulously not wanting to believe this turn of events.
Recovering, he shouts the men clearing debris, "Put your backs in it soldiers, those troops are counting on you! Clear the way!" His fatigued voice cracks a bit on the last word, lending further urgency to his rallying cry.
Verity runs through the scattered rubble to survey what had been the training grounds not an hour past. Satisfied the dwarves will not reach the opening before the wagon or the Imperial soldiers, he calls to the group of soldiers waiting for the way to be clear. "You too then, the way to our position is clear, move rocks NOW!"
As he sets about clearing the fallen wall himself, he sees the debris of the command tower. The splintered skeleton of his brother's post hits him like a blow. Verity looks vainly through the dust and smoke trying to distinguish his brother, but the distance is far too great to recognize any one man from another. Growling with frustration he throws himself into the task at hand.

Diplomacy: 26
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:37 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:As the group reach the gates Alex adjusts his eyepatch. Squinting with one piercing blue eye as he props the Codex of Rock magic open on the page with SENDING at the top.

"Oh. I forgot. Straegis and I managed to sort ouf these items." He pulls the red cloak and belt from their first enouncter with dwarves from his bag. "The cloak enchances your stamina-as if the dwarves needed that already, the belt does much the same, invigorating you when you feel the pump of battle at the climax of attack."

The Terramancer's Cloak.
A reddish brown cloak with Dwarven runes running the length of the trim, and another adorning the Sardonyx clasp. The cloak radiates a magical aura, but identifying it will require further study.
Lvl 9 (4,200 gp)
Item Slot: Neck
Enhancement: +2 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
Property: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

The Dead-Eyed Hammer's Belt.
This stout leather girdle has a golden buckle, and iron rings punctuate it's length. It radiates a magical aura, but identifying it will require further study.
Lvl 6 (1,800 gp)
Item Slot: Waist
Property: When you score a critical hit, gain temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:38 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:OOC: 'K. I'll hold off then.

Hearing from afar the unmistakable sound of a horn calling retreat, Mordax looks to the Subcommander and softly says "Ther' it is, laddie, tha' sound tae regroup. Yer' surprise is lost, an' tha' massed foot be formin' ranks. No' e'en tha' staid dwarven hammerers can contend wi' a' hundred-thousand spears advancing at tha' half-step. Face it, boyo', this fight is lost."

Intimidate
So, Mordax is just taking the hit?.

The Dwarven guard holding Mordax's trident looks to the subcommander and shrugs; the Subcommander says "You're a tough one, there's no doubt of that ... but your insistence is wearing on my nerves." Nevertheless, he looks again through the telescope toward the far shore. "Hmm, hmm. The Imperials are indeed retreating to a more defensible position. Perhaps WE are too late to sway the tide of battle."

Yelling something in Dwarven, he orders the Engineers to abandon the bridge. "Perhaps we will march around the wall, and join the battle from the other prong. Despite your rudeness, I will give you this choice: come with us (as captive) or be left here (bound or dead)."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:"Take me to a safe place. I'll perform sending first. Then comprehend languages so I can read this book." He slips the eyepatch down to his neck. It dangles next to the aqeaus templar, Alex can almost sense the ancient magic of each item conflicting.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:"Put your backs in it soldiers, those troops are counting on you! Clear the way!" ... "You too then, the way to our position is clear, move rocks NOW!" As he sets about clearing the fallen wall himself, he ... throws himself into the task at hand.
By the time the wagon arrives, enough of the rubble has been cleared that the wagon gets through with no problem (though it's a bumpy ride, due to a blanket of rubble that remains). The troops on this side cheer as the wagon rolls through, and then race through the gate to guard the withdrawal of their countrymen.

Alex wrote:As the group reach the gates Alex adjusts his eyepatch. Squinting with one piercing blue eye as he props the Codex of Rock magic open on the page with SENDING at the top.
With the Eyepatch down around his neck, both artifacts ease their complaints ... but only slightly.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

The Imperial Troops disengage from the fight, though many pay dearly for the retreat (under the weight of a hammer or an axe) ... but those that manage to pull away quickly outpace their Dwarven foes. Nearly 9000 Imperial troops make it the wall, where the Archers above can rain down a storm of arrows on those Dwarves foolish enough to follow them there.

Only about half of the Dwarven troops make this mistake, but nearly half of those are shot down by the archers, and roughly half the remainder are cut down by the fresh troops that poured through the gate to protect their fellows (that is, 6000 came within bow range, 3000 of which were shot down, and another 1500 cut down by reinforcements ... the 1500 that survive retreat in order to join the other 6000 that saw the danger and remained away from the wall).

Now, only 7500 Dwarves occupy the middle of the training grounds, standing well out of bow range (maybe 200 yards from the wall).

11,000 Imperial troops (2000 of which are more-or-less uninjured) stand near the wall, waiting their turn to go through the gate (Draxus Ferall and 2 or 3 other LGs among them). Another 2000 occupy the wall above.

For some reason, Helfare's Elves retreat back to the woods by the river, where they spread out and take cover amongst the trees (dissappearing from normal sight).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:39 pm

Halcyon wrote:"Good to see you all safe," Verity greets the wagon's passengers sincerely but stone-faced, his eyes scanning the troops filing through the gate.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:"Take me to a safe place. I'll perform sending first. Then comprehend languages so I can read this book." He slips the eyepatch down to his neck. It dangles next to the aqeaus templar, Alex can almost sense the ancient magic of each item conflicting.

"I think I have the perfect place, but I need to talk to Verity first. Just as soon as I can make my report to Draxus. I need to tell him of the Dwarves in the sewers."

Halcyon wrote:"Good to see you all safe," Verity greets the wagon's passengers sincerely but stone-faced, his eyes scanning the troops filing through the gate.

Seeing Verity's face, I remember that his brother was the High General's adjunct. I lower my voice and turn to the Lt. Colonel.

"Darnell - did you see Cpl. Servinus when you found our passenger?"
motioning to the body in the back of the covered wagon.

I begin to search the crowd for Frater, Mordax, or Draxus.

Perception check = 27

"Reed - help me marshal the Rangers as they arrive."

As I scan the crowd and begin to pick out any of my Rangers and assemble them around the wagon, my eyes fix on the two Iron Hills facing the gate. I stride up to the four soldiers that were assigned to them.

"Hey, guys - the Dwarves think they are out of range of our weapons, but they don't know we have these. Let's see what kind of range these things have, eh? Drive them just through the gate and give the beards something else to worry about!"

Diplomacy check = 21

I climb on top of the lead Iron Hill, yelling for the troops to move out of the way, still scanning the crowd as I do so.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:OOC: 'K. I'll hold off then.

Intimidate
So, Mordax is just taking the hit?.

The Dwarven guard holding Mordax's trident looks to the subcommander and shrugs; the Subcommander says "You're a tough one, there's no doubt of that ... but your insistence is wearing on my nerves." Nevertheless, he looks again through the telescope toward the far shore. "Hmm, hmm. The Imperials are indeed retreating to a more defensible position. Perhaps WE are too late to sway the tide of battle."

Yelling something in Dwarven, he orders the Engineers to abandon the bridge. "Perhaps we will march around the wall, and join the battle from the other prong. Despite your rudeness, I will give you this choice: come with us (as captive) or be left here (bound or dead)."

OOC: Yep, take the hit. I'm a tough guy.

"Aye, boyo" says the fisherman, "I'll come along. I'll sae this butchery tae it's end, mark me. P'haps I can stop some a' tha' carnage along tha' way."

Cocking his head to the side, he continues "Tha' Fomors an' tha' rebels I understand, but I've no' come tae ken why ye'd attack yer neighbors. Why do tha' dwarves take up arms, here, and now?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:Seeing Verity's face, I remember that his brother was the High General's adjunct. I lower my voice and turn to the Lt. Colonel.
"Darnell - did you see Cpl. Servinus when you found our passenger?" motioning to the body in the back of the covered wagon.

I begin to search the crowd for Frater, Mordax, or Draxus.
Perception check = 27
With a grim look he answers, "No, I did not. I hope he wasn't in the tower when it fell, but there were many who were. A great many."

Davin scans the crowd, easily spotting Draxus Ferall among his troops. He seems to have developed a limp since last you saw him. Frater and Mordax, on the other hand, and nowhere to be seen.

Davin also becomes aware of a thick cloud of dense black smoke rising from somewhere in the city. The source of it is not close; it must be coming from one of the further districts.

Davin wrote:"Reed - help me marshal the Rangers as they arrive." As I scan the crowd and begin to pick out any of my Rangers and assemble them around the wagon ...
Davin and Reed corral the remaining 12 "rangers." Calumet, Ridly, and Qanna are among them.

Davin wrote:my eyes fix on the two Iron Hills facing the gate. I stride up to the four soldiers that were assigned to them. "Hey, guys - the Dwarves think they are out of range of our weapons, but they don't know we have these. Let's see what kind of range these things have, eh? Drive them just through the gate and give the beards something else to worry about!"
Diplomacy check = 21

I climb on top of the lead Iron Hill, yelling for the troops to move out of the way, still scanning the crowd as I do so.
It'll take just a little while longer to get the rubble cleared out enough for the hills to pass through; it was barely wide enough for the wagon when you reached the gate.

OOC: I'll come back to this later today.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:"Aye, boyo" says the fisherman, "I'll come along. I'll sae this butchery tae it's end, mark me. P'haps I can stop some a' tha' carnage along tha' way." Cocking his head to the side, he continues "Tha' Fomors an' tha' rebels I understand, but I've no' come tae ken why ye'd attack yer neighbors. Why do tha' dwarves take up arms, here, and now?"
"Eh, 'Why'? Once, we Dwarves had human allies on both sides of our home; and we knew what would happen if those two nations ever banded together; but reality surpassed even the situation we worried about. One nation--yours--became hungry. It devoured the lands around it; even the Elven homeland fell into its maw. Then, it's insatiable appetite craved the people who lived on the other side of the mountains. Now, our homes stand in middle of yours, dividing your land like an unfinished morsel on an otherwise clean plate. Fortunately, the people on the other side of the mountain were still our allies; not yet subjegated, at least in their hearts. The time had come to stop the ravenous giant and defend our homes."

"Come then. Let us go."

In tight disciplined formations, the Subcommander's men begin to march.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Upon seeing the High General dead, Straegis' first question is, "Can he be revived? I feel we should at least try or get him to someone who can." On the way in Straegis is sure he saw a trebouchet, and though he has read about them and how they work he has never actually used one.

Perception: 1d20=19+3(half-lvl)=22
History(Trebouchet):1d20=1+14(s)=15
History(How it works): 1d20=11+14(s)=25

Straegis has an idea, he says to everyone on the wagon "Could we send a group to hijack the trebouchet? I'm quite sure if we took it over and used it to fire on them, we could probably buy us some time."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax joins the Subcommander, matching the cadence of the dwarves despite their short stride. He continually scans the countryside, noting details and waiting for an opportunity.

OOC: Spend that surge after 5 minutes, and if we get close to the river, I'll take another dip.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:"The revival ritual doesn't always work. Men with complex fates, leaders and the like, are difficult to drag from the other realms back into this world. Usually destiny means for men with the power to change so many lives to fall for good when they do. Obviously, if you order it and can provide a scroll Straegis I will do all I can to comply, but before you consider such an option, you should know that it may not work. Perhaps the Colonel is right for a moment."

Alex shrugs, his hands tracing the runes over sending.

"Can we hurry; with every second that passes by Jenna could be closer and helping out. I'm sure her influence would be brilliant. Imagine the battlefield channeled by walls of Ice! Pillars of it crashing down and smashing the dwarves and their war machines to a pulp! This book may also contain information that will change the tides of battle!"

Alex stands to his feet from his sitting position in the wagon and tucks the book under his arm. His gloved first clutching the rolled up Sending page. "I'm beginning, however, with something a little different."

"Lt. Colonel. Can you get me to a building near here. Quickly. I want anything thats going to be still standing in thirty minutes but I don't want to walk far; preferably with a basement that can be locked. I also want five guardsmen of a non-skittish nature, they must be human. Can you do that?"

Alex's eyes flash.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Malazek wrote:
Mordax wrote:Mordax joins the Subcommander, matching the cadence of the dwarves despite their short stride. He continually scans the countryside, noting details and waiting for an opportunity.

OOC: Spend that surge after 5 minutes, and if we get close to the river, I'll take another dip.
Mordax marches alongside the Dwarves as they march from the woods by the river, and into the surrounding farmlands. It's only a matter of minutes before quaint farmhouses turn to suburban industry, and another stone-covered gate comes into view. A long bridge up ahead allows the distant highway to stretch over the river, where it normally enters the city; but not today.

As the Dwarves march along the wall, Mordax sees his opportunity. He dashes away from the slow moving Dwarves, and jumps into the mighty river. Instinctively, the Dwarves rush to the banks, raising their deadly crossbows.

What next?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"Lt. Colonel. Can you get me to a building near here. Quickly. I want anything thats going to be still standing in thirty minutes but I don't want to walk far; preferably with a basement that can be locked. I also want five guardsmen of a non-skittish nature, they must be human. Can you do that?"
Glancing around, the Lt. Colonel asks "I know of several safehouses near here. There's no guarantee they'll be standing, but under the circumstances, that may be the best we can hope for ... and trustworthy agents will be close-by, if they aren't already there."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next