Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 21 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 am

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 21 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 am

Roll:
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 am

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:00 am

After eating with Bragundir Thane will sit down to play cards with Gemma.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:31 am

Drakor will wander "aimlessly" around the ship checking it and it's crew out.
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:37 am

"I'd love a game of cards. Do you have a deck, Gemma. Or do you Stretch?"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:46 am

Gemma grabs the deck of cards on the makeshift card table and begins to deal. "Provided with the accommodations," she says cheerfully to Merrill. "Thane, Merrill...anyone else?"

OOC: Not sure what game we're playing, but...we're 'playing cards'. Ha Smile Go fish, anyone?
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Merrill does her best at bluffing.

OOC: Luck roll, I suppose? I got a 10+0. Wish I could save that for combat haha.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Merrill wrote:OOC: Luck roll, I suppose? I got a 10+0. Wish I could save that for combat haha.
- OOC: If that's the roll I asked for, then it wasn't a "luck" roll ... but be glad you rolled high.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:11 pm

OOC: oh good. Glad I didn't waste a 10 on gambling then, haha
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:18 pm

The Dang GM wrote:If that's the roll I asked for, then it wasn't a "luck" roll ... but be glad you rolled high.

OOC: Oh boy...

Last edited by Glitz on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the forum decided it didn't like my quote the first time...thanks forum)
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Jasmine (via FB) ...

- OOC: Rolled a 3 (+2) = 5

Last edited by Malazek on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Roll
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:19 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 4

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:12 pm

- OOC: Futboldude is working, so I'll go ahead and post a roll for Iris.
- d10 = 4

- OOC: Since we're only waiting a roll from Felix, now, I'll go ahead and post a roll for him, as well.
- d10 = 8
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:24 pm

A few hours into the journey, some of you begin to feel ill. Drakor, Jasmine, Taryk, and Iris develop aches all over, accompanied by chills and fever. Nausea sets in, followed by a sudden vomiting of blood. As a trained apothecary, Iris obviously examines the sick and discovers large blister-like buboes around everyone's armpits, neck, groin, and thighs.

Thane, Merrill, Felix, Gemma, Miriam, Brody, Bargundir, and most of the crew seems to be unaffected ... for now.

- OOC: Everyone listed as being sick (Drakor, Jasmine, Taryk, and Iris) also suffers 4 HPs of damage.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Malazek wrote:A few hours into the journey, some of you begin to feel ill. Drakor, Jasmine, Taryk, and Iris develop aches all over, accompanied by chills and fever. Nausea sets in, followed by a sudden vomiting of blood. As a trained apothecary, Iris obviously examines the sick and discovers large blister-like buboes around everyone's armpits, neck, groin, and thighs.

Thane, Merrill, Felix, Gemma, Miriam, Brody, Bargundir, and most of the crew seems to be unaffected ... for now.

- OOC: Everyone listed as being sick (Drakor, Jasmine, Taryk, and Iris) also suffers 4 HPs of damage.
OOC: welp here goes a nice shift in game..
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:25 pm

"...oh no," Jasmine gasps, hearing Iris's description of her symptoms. "It can't be. What do we do?" Jasmine doesn't take much to spook, but she looks to be genuinely fearful.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:30 pm

"I swear those girls looked clean!" *Hurggh* Taryk sits down and tries to stop the world from spinning.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:46 pm

zappo168 wrote:"...oh no," Jasmine gasps, hearing Iris's description of her symptoms. "It can't be. What do we do?" Jasmine doesn't take much to spook, but she looks to be genuinely fearful.

"Get the others that are sick, Drakor and Taryk, and bring them in here. We need to try and contain this. When we reach port, we a healer."

As she sends Jasmine off, Iris calls for Thane, the groups current leader, and tells him through the cabin door, "I believe that Drakor, Taryk, Jasmine and I have been infected with the Plague. I am locking us away in this cabin. As soon as we reach port, go and find us a healer. And please, if you could seal us in so the contagion doesn't spread further, that would be best."
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Merrill wants to look through the supplies she and Iris has and see if there's anything she thinks she can make to help with containment or curing. 

OOC: +2 for alchemist
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:32 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill wants to look through the supplies she and Iris has and see if there's anything she thinks she can make to help with containment or curing. 
- OOC: d10 : 10 (+2 for alchemist) = 12
- OOC: That's a good idea and a good roll ... but I'm not seeing a list supplies on either character sheet. If I remember correctly, I said that you could each use the shaman's supplies to create one concoction and Merrill used hers to make a dose of Bloodtar? Is that correct? That would mean that Iris still has enough supplies to make one concoction. Iris also has some Norgan's Stool and Witch Moss, which we already know have healing properties.

- OOC: Since you rolled so high, I'll even allow you to scavenge some "close enough" supplies from the kitchen.

- OOC: Using all of those ingredients, the two of you could try to whip together a few doses of "cure-all" (which grants a +2 bonus to any roll made to resist or recover from disease; see page 67). Since you don't have access to proper lab tools, there would be a penalty to the roll, but you could rely on kitchen equipment to get it done.

- OOC: Alternately, you could use those same supplies to create a curative unguent (with lots of doses; see page 64). An unguent wouldn't cure anybody, but it would help them recover some of their lost HPs remain alive a bit longer.

- OOC: Creating a single dose of a magical potion (page 69) would take about a week requires the hedge-mage advantage. (I think Iris has the advantage. She started with the familiar advantage, but never used it, and we discussed her swapping that out for hedge-mage. There is a note under character sheet that says she traded it, but I still familiar listed, as well. So, Futboldude will need to clarify that point). At any rate, brewing a potion is probably too time-consuming and wouldn't yield enough to cure everyone, anyway.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:06 pm

Malazek wrote:

- OOC: That's a good idea and a good roll ... but I'm not seeing a list supplies on either character sheet. If I remember correctly, I said that you could each use the shaman's supplies to create one concoction and Merrill used hers to make a dose of Bloodtar? Is that correct? That would mean that Iris still has enough supplies to make one concoction. Iris also has some Norgan's Stool and Witch Moss, which we already know have healing properties.

- OOC: Since you rolled so high, I'll even allow you to scavenge some "close enough" supplies from the kitchen.

- OOC: Using all of those ingredients, the two of you could try to whip together a few doses of "cure-all" (which grants a +2 bonus to any roll made to resist or recover from disease; see page 67). Since you don't have access to proper lab tools, there would be a penalty to the roll, but you could rely on kitchen equipment to get it done.

- OOC: Alternately, you could use those same supplies to create a curative unguent (with lots of doses; see page 64). An unguent wouldn't cure anybody, but it would help them recover some of their lost HPs remain alive a bit longer.

- OOC: Creating a single dose of a magical potion (page 69) would take about a week requires the hedge-mage advantage. (I think Iris has the advantage. She started with the familiar advantage, but never used it, and we discussed her swapping that out for hedge-mage. There is a note under character sheet that says she traded it, but I still familiar listed, as well. So, Futboldude will need to clarify that point). At any rate, brewing a potion is probably too time-consuming and wouldn't yield enough to cure everyone, anyway.

"Iris, can we use what you have to make some cure-all? I found some herbs in the kitchen that we can substitute.  I think that's the best we can hope for until we land. I agree on the quarantine as the best course of action otherwise"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:29 am

Jasmine summons every ounce of hardiness she has raises her weak, pain-wracked body to round up the other infected. "Let's get to safety," she says, leading them to the cabin. "Not our safety, but theirs. But don't worry--Iris will help get us out of this." She mutters under her breath. "Feel bad for the poor shipowners; bet they weren't expectin' this."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next