Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses"

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses" - Page 11 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses"

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:57 am

Malazek wrote:After a cursory glance at the ancient script, Straegis knows the language must be either Primordial or Abyssal, because Barazhad is the only known script he is unfamiliar with.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses" - Page 11 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Five: "Veiled Trespasses"

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:57 am

Swifthand wrote:Davin gives Alex a quick nod and begins to scout ahead. As he turns, the party catches a familiar flash from the tattooed rune on his eye.

Standard - Sight of Hemingr (See Invisible)

Stealth=34
Perception=34

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 am

macksgarageusa wrote: "Alex, the dragon has passed, we have time to decipher the runes on the wall. Our haste is not worth taking a chance that something we need is printed here. Let's try if we can."

Arcana(to Assist): 1d20=10+16=26
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 am

The Witch-King wrote:Hanging the hammer from his studded belt, Mordax hefts his spear and points towards the unfamiliar script.

"Aye, I'm curious as tae tha' ancient wairds. If nothin' else, ye' should tak' a bit tae scribe tha' script fer' later translation, methinks."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:00 am

magicspellz12 wrote:"Oh...very well then." Alex studies the runes.

-----------------------------
(Alex can read Primordial.)

31 Arcana roll.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:Davin gives Alex a quick nod and begins to scout ahead. As he turns, the party catches a familiar flash from the tattooed rune on his eye.

Standard - Sight of Hemingr (See Invisible)
Stealth=34
Perception=34
As soon he activates the sight, Davin sees the many rotten corpses dressed in the finest attire; and they seem to be watching you. To everyone else, they still appear old and inanimate.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin turns pale under the gaze of the revenants of old.

"The dead are here, and they watch us. Lower your weapons and follow my lead..."

The elf takes a step forward, genuflects before the apparitions, and then speaks to them in a clear voice. If they do not react or seem to not understand, he will repeat himself in Common.

"Nailaisir Jhys eil Jhador os sheindryli par, Ai eis Palol Thaeraes os Talthanin. Tia tystalol eil Ai shael thysolaelaer thys shajol o thys os mestaes, sher shi eisi ol ei cer thys si Valael Cel eil shor sai var syl os car. Tae shi cali os jhaeli, eilol olaer?" ("Honoured Lords and Ladies of bygone days, I am Davin Fletcher of Talthanin. My companions and I beg forgiveness for waking you from your slumber, but we are on a quest for the Raven Queen and wish to pass through your halls. May we have your leave, ancient ones?")

Davin watches the ghosts closely, looking for some reaction.

Diplomacy=23

O.O.C. - Is lowering weapons and bowing worth a circumstantial bonus? If the party follows suit, would that be enough to qualify for an Aid roll from them? If so, please Aid me, folks!

O.O.C. #2 - I HATE undead.

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"Oh...very well then." Alex studies the runes.

(Alex can read Primordial.)
31 Arcana roll
Alex studies the familiar script, but cannot make out the words; it is apparently written in the Abyssal Tongue. But he CAN make out enough to tell that the engravings are names and titles ... omniously, ALL of the titles end with the phrase "O' Ba'al Qalibar" (which loosley translates as "of Lord Qalibar").

Davin wrote:Davin turns pale under the gaze of the revenants of old. "The dead are here, and they watch us. Lower your weapons and follow my lead..." The elf takes a step forward, genuflects before the apparitions, and then speaks to them in a clear voice. "Nailaisir Jhys eil Jhador os sheindryli par, Ai eis Palol Thaeraes os Talthanin. Tia tystalol eil Ai shael thysolaelaer thys shajol o thys os mestaes, sher shi eisi ol ei cer thys si Valael Cel eil shor sai var syl os car. Tae shi cali os jhaeli, eilol olaer?" Since they do not react or seem to not understand, he repeats himself in Common: "Honoured Lords and Ladies of bygone days, I am Davin Fletcher of Talthanin. My companions and I beg forgiveness for waking you from your slumber, but we are on a quest for the Raven Queen and wish to pass through your halls. May we have your leave, ancient ones?" Davin watches the ghosts closely, looking for some reaction.

Diplomacy=23+2
A barely audible whisper answers ...

"Touch nothing and offer no offense
you may proceed to the tabernacle
there, too, show the proper deference
or you shall share our eternal shackle."

Davin wrote:O.O.C. - If the party follows suit, would that be enough to qualify for an Aid roll from them?
OOC: Aid? No. I think everyone is going to have pull their own on this one. I'm going to need diplomacy (or the equivalent) from everyone, as well as some flavorful text and/or an explanation of their behavior.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:01 am

Halcyon wrote:Verity is mildly shocked to hear Davin speak thus. The ranger’s uncharacteristically florid and deferential words leave the knight wondering if perhaps his friend is possessed by one of the spirits he’s addressed.
Heeding the spirit’s whispered advice he calls back, “Your understanding of our intrusion marks you both benevolent and wise. May you find your way to Her Grace, spirit, that your slumber be disturbed ne’er more. May she deliver you from the torment in this Limbo to the Elysian fields that you may again walk in the light. May she cut your thread of torment and weave the flax of eternal rest in its place; She, the Keeper of Dead; She the Spinner of Fate; She the Lady of Winter, to whom we all bow in the end.”With that he bows deep and sheathes his sword.

Diplomacy: 36
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: Does Vangg get +3 (CHA) and +5 (1/2 Level) bonus to Diplomacy Roll?
Roll (if +8 Applies): 1d20+8=18

"May da Queen bebless ye's an' what nots . . . we passeth an' respect ye wishes."

DM EDIT: Yes.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis looks around trying to see if he recognizes anything at all. He moves slowly and decides to give a try at the niceties required to pass, he gulps hard and says quietly, "Well met kind souls, my name is Straegis II. I regret that I've no blessing to offer but we mean you no harm. If we could pass unhindered, we'll take nothing from you and leave nothing, save our footprints in the dusty floor." Hoping that is enough, he follows the lead of his allies.

History: 1d20=1+16=17
Diplomacy: 1d20=8+5(half-lvl)=13
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 am

Halcyon wrote:Verity considers what might constitute "showing the proper deference" as the spirit asks. Whatever he knows he'll share with the party.

Religion: 23

OCC: Heading back to Mexico for work tomorrow morning, will have spotty internet for another couple weeks. They're sending me in to take care of that swine flu virus before it becomes a pandemic, wish me luck. 😉
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: Sending a paladin to take care of a virus? Heck ya - - Kick some virus A#$~~~
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:The old fisherman bows and places a single silver coin at his feet. Rising, he proceeds at a stately pace. After only a few steps, he makes the sign of the evil eye to ward off dark spirits.

Not sure what I'm rolling for, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I'm in it now. 1d20+5=6
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:Heeding the spirit’s whispered advice he calls back, “Your understanding of our intrusion marks you both benevolent and wise. May you find your way to Her Grace, spirit, that your slumber be disturbed ne’er more. May she deliver you from the torment in this Limbo to the Elysian fields that you may again walk in the light. May she cut your thread of torment and weave the flax of eternal rest in its place; She, the Keeper of Dead; She the Spinner of Fate; She the Lady of Winter, to whom we all bow in the end.”With that he bows deep and sheathes his sword.

Diplomacy: 36+2
The spirits do not seem offended by Verity's promise to send them to the holy ever-after.

Vangg wrote:Diplomacy Roll: 18
"May da Queen bebless ye's an' what nots . . . we passeth an' respect ye wishes."
Nor do them agitated by the Queen's blessing.

Straegis wrote:Straegis looks around trying to see if he recognizes anything at all. He moves slowly and decides to give a try at the niceties required to pass, he gulps hard and says quietly, "Well met kind souls, my name is Straegis II. I regret that I've no blessing to offer but we mean you no harm. If we could pass unhindered, we'll take nothing from you and leave nothing, save our footprints in the dusty floor." Hoping that is enough, he follows the lead of his allies.

Diplomacy: 13+2
Something the Marshal said agitates the spirits, and Davin can see them getting restless in their crypts.

Mordax wrote:The old fisherman bows and places a single silver coin at his feet. Rising, he proceeds at a stately pace. After only a few steps, he makes the sign of the evil eye to ward off dark spirits.
1d20+5=6
Davin watches the grizzles fishermen perform an old custom, picked up from his travels through strange lands ... and whatever he just did, the spirits did not like it. They bear their teeth and begin to omit an eerie hissing sound. Many of the restless souls drift from their enternal beds, and hover along behind the fisherman as he walks on.
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Juugug lowers his head, and follows along quietly behind Vangg and Verity.
Diplomacy: 23

Uncertian of what to do, Taalgarnuk marches with the somber cadence of the funeral dirge he recites in his head.
Religion: 20

Confused, Kersh looks around, and asks "Wha's happ'nin'?"

Wide-eyed and jaw-agape, Azzy seems to be ... salivating? Slowly, his one good hand drifts toward the bone-scythe strapped to his back ... he intends to use it!!
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:03 am

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:Verity considers what might constitute "showing the proper deference" as the spirit asks. Whatever he knows he'll share with the party.

Religion: 23
Without more information, Verity can only guess at what the undead will expect. Perhaps they will communicate their demands in some fashion? Or, maybe they'll expect the party to observe some archaic social norms? If they are, in fact, ghosts, then they may yet have a driving purpose here in this hall.

Straegis wrote:Straegis looks around trying to see if he recognizes anything at all.

History: 1d20=1+16=17
Despite the decayed corpses within, Straegis can tell that their physical garb was once the height of fashion and eloquence, but it is tailored in a bygone style ... and mode of dress that hasn't been common in many centuries. Some of the corpses have arms and armor that matches the style of Straegis's own blade.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:"Erm..." Alex doesn't really know what to say, he glances around, worried that his necromancers attire may offend those like him. "I'm not a necromancer at all." He says, stepping forwards. "Though I do study the Arcane. My name is Alex...I'm from...I-Imil. Where...where...there is lots of ice." The fear seems to be getting to him. But, hopefully, they'll know he means no ill.

------------------
Erm...Diplomacy 12
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Malazek wrote:Confused, Kersh looks around, and asks "Wha's happ'nin'?"

Wide-eyed and jaw-agape, Azzy seems to be ... salivating? Slowly, his one good hand drifts toward the bone-scythe strapped to his back ... he intends to use it!!

"Kersh, we need to show respect for the dead here. Repeat after me; 'We respect you.' Good now lower your flail and bow, like this...alright lets go.

Verity's hand flashes out to stop the angel. "Azraelbenzarielyoustopthatthisinstant! Now is not the time. Be patient, there is more here than meets the eye. Your mother would be very upset to see you show disrespect for those trapped so long. Their time is yet to come. Besides, you just ate."

Diplomacy: 32
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:"Kersh, we need to show respect for the dead here. Repeat after me; 'We respect you.' Good now lower your flail and bow, like this...alright lets go.

Verity's hand flashes out to stop the angel. "Azraelbenzarielyoustopthatthisinstant! Now is not the time. Be patient, there is more here than meets the eye. Your mother would be very upset to see you show disrespect for those trapped so long. Their time is yet to come. Besides, you just ate."

Diplomacy: 32
Kersh and Azzy begin to follow directions, just as Alex stammers up ...

Alex wrote:"Erm..." Alex doesn't really know what to say, he glances around, worried that his necromancers attire may offend those like him. "I'm not a necromancer at all." He says, stepping forwards. "Though I do study the Arcane. My name is Alex...I'm from...I-Imil. Where...where...there is lots of ice." The fear seems to be getting to him. But, hopefully, they'll know he means no ill.

Diplomacy 12
The hissing sound increases, as the apparitions become more and more agitated with the party's demeanor; Davin watches the ghostly spirits bare their teeth. A dark sort of energy fills the hall, draining the life energy from the offenders ...

Mordax, Straegis, Alex, Azzy, and Kersh all lose a Healing Surge

... despite their dreadful response, the undead allow the party to pass ... but they are watching you closely, ready to lash out at the slightest indescretion. The party moves ahead, pressing on for another hour or more ...

I'll need Endurance checks every three hours if the party continues.
If they stop, I'll need more Diplomacy checks
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 am

151prooftattoos wrote:Endurance checks:
1d20+9=25, 1d20+9=11, 1d20+9=25
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis suddenly finds himself gasping for air as he finishes his statement. He wishes that maybe he would have payed a little more attention to the religious teachings from his youth.

Endurance: 1d20=3+13=16, 1d20=7+13=20, 1d20=13+13=26

O.O.C.: Healing Surge is gone for the day or for permanent?
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Endurance: 1d20+12=20, 1d20+12=22, 1d20+12=19
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis suddenly finds himself gasping for air as he finishes his statement. He wishes that maybe he would have payed a little more attention to the religious teachings from his youth.

Endurance: 1d20=3+13=16, 1d20=7+13=20, 1d20=13+13=26

O.O.C.: Healing Surge is gone for the day or for permanent?
OOC: For the day.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:05 am

Swifthand wrote:Endurance=21
Endurance=32 (natch)
Endurance=16

O.O.C. - Can I keep my Stealth and Perception checks I didn't use before?
Stealth=34
Perception=34

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:05 am

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex puts his hands to his temple, as if he has a headache. He closes his eyes and shudders, but continues on.

As the group move away, he concentrates more on maintaining his body's optimum function by diverting blood flow to his muscles and away from his gut. He also heats the air around himself to keep him.

-----------------------
Endurance: 8, 20, 24. Rolls
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next