Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

4 posters

Page 20 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Talmut wrote:Talmut frowns.
Elodie wrote:"We would greatly appreciate any aide that you are willing to offer."
The conversation continues until everyone is done with their meals, at which point Xabu Tababa rises and bids you both to follow him. Again, he leads Talmut and Elodie along a number of side passages and hidden staircases, until he comes to small trapezoidal storage room. (The layout of the spire is familiar to Talmut, but seems labyrinthine to Elodie; but she can tell that the spire is much taller than she initially guessed). The little storage room contains a single desk and is piled high with boxes and scroll cases, which the old man begins to dig through. One by one, he produces a number of scrolls for Talmut to take with him.

- Scroll of Moment of Prescience (CL 17)
- Scroll of Summon Monster VIII (CL 19)
- Scroll of Break Enchantment (CL 13)
- Scroll of Protection from Fire (CL 10)
- Scroll of Protection from Fire (CL 9)
- Scroll of Protection from Electricity (CL 9)
- Scroll of Protection from Acid (CL 7)
- Scroll of Displacement (CL 17)
- Scroll of Displacement (CL 5)

"Is there anything else I can do for you, while you're here?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Does Jeremiah recognize the bed that was being slashed as Talmuts?
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:00 am

Jeremiah wrote:Does Jeremiah recognize the bed that was being slashed as Talmuts?
He does.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:20 pm

"No sir, thank you so much for the aid and hospitality that you have provided. You are most generous, and I am sure that these scrolls will prove helpful. Hopefully one day I can come visit when the situation isn't so dire!"

Turning to Talmut, she says, "Talmut, if you are ready, I think we should head back."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Cleric of Tyr wrote:The old man is shocked and appalled. "An assassin? Here in the palace! We must alert the Arch-duchess!"
"You should let us handle that. We'll tell the Arch-Duchess in our own time, but first let us find out more about this assailant," Gumphrey says.

The old man shakes his wizened head. "I ... I can't do that. What if you're not the only ones in danger?"

"Well," Gumphrey says, "do as you must, but I think it's pretty clear that nobody else in danger. Just us."

"How can you know that?" the old man says. "After all, you live! Perhaps, you were targeted by mistake. Perhaps, she spared you when she realized you were not her intended target." 

"What? And risk news of an assassin in the palace reaching her true target? I doubt that."

"And yet, here you are. If you'll pardon me, I'll just go, now. I have a duty to tell the Arch-Duchess. "
Lady Elodie wrote:Turning to Talmut, she says, "Talmut, if you are ready, I think we should head back."
Talmut gathers up the scrolls and then casts the spell that will magically transport the both of them back to the palace.

- Casting Roll = 13 (On Target)

And then suddenly, Talmut and Elodie are back in the room. Startled, the old cleric jumps back, crashing into the wall. Elodie and Talmut look around and see the blood upon the floor ... and upon Gumphrey. They see the old man, as he stares at them, bewilderedly.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Upon Talmut and Elodies arrival..

"It appears there has been an attempt on Talmut's life, when the assailant realized the bed was stuffed with pillows and not Talmut she attacked Gumphrey as well."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Upon Talmut and Elodies arrival.. "It appears there has been an attempt on Talmut's life, when the assailant realized the bed was stuffed with pillows and not Talmut she attacked Gumphrey as well."
When the old cleric hears this, he exclaims "Oh, it was the Fable-lander she was after? How's interesting. I must report this." And with that, turns to leaving, opening the door and marching through it.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:35 pm

"Attacked Gumphrey? Oh, no. That's terrible. Is he okay? Talmut, should we stop that cleric?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Elodie wrote:"Attacked Gumphrey? Oh, no. That's terrible. Is he okay?"
"I'm okay," Gumphrey says.
Elodie wrote:"Talmut, should we stop that cleric?"
Talmut shakes his head, explaining that the cleric doesn't deserved to be detained against his will. He does, however, suggest that his companions go with the old man. (This might be good a opportunity for Elodie to disguise herself as Talmut, in order to lure out the assassin). Talmut will hide in the room, until the rest of the party returns.

- OOC: It's been almost a week since Swift posted, so I'm just gonna go ahead and post for him until he gets back (rather than waiting 24 hours each time).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 am

Jeremiah will quickly don his gear and run after the cleric.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:14 pm

"Alright. Jeremiah, wait! I'm coming with you...but as Talmut. Watch my back!"

Elodie reaches for Talmut's beard. "May I?" Whether he consents or not, she plucks a strand of hair. "Sorry!"

Focusing on the strand of hair, she transforms into a likeness of Talmut. Once she has transformed, she chants a few other spells, to guard against attacks.

Use Thousand Faces ability to transform into Talmut-twin, gives +2 Strength.
Cast Stoneskin, DR 10/adamantine (10 HP/round, max 130 HPs).
Cast Guidance.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:19 pm

It takes Jeremiah a minute to don his magical chain shirt, while Elodie transforms into Talmut and calls upon the spirits for protection. Meanwhile, Gumphrey uses his magical crown to make himself look like Elodie. Then, finally, the three of them are out the door.

Luckily, the old man is slow. They catch up to him quickly, just down the hall and around the corner. He continues to shuffle his was toward the Arch-Duchess, even after the much faster heroes catch-up to him.

He travels up another staircase, down another hallway, through a door ... and then ...

SMASH! Three glass vials shatter at your feet and you are surrounded by burning noxious fumes!! At the same time, three small needles bounce harmlessly off of Elodie's adamantine skin. Jeremiah manages to suck in a lung full of air before the poison enters his body, but Gumphrey isn't so luck. And the old man topples over, clutching his throat with both hands. His eyes look like they're going to bulge out of his head.

Saves ...
- Elodie's Fort Save = Immune
- Jeremiah's Fort Saves = 23 & 16 (No Immediate Effect)
- Gumphrey's Fort Saves = 16 & 19; Gumphrey loses 3 Points of Permanent Con Drain & 4 Points of Temporary Con Damage.
- Old Man's Fort Saves = 11 & 9; the Old Man loses 3 Points of Permanent Con Drain & 5 Points of Temporary Con Damage. He dies.

Initiative ...
- Gumphrey 22
- Elodie 11
- Assailants 10
- Jeremiah 9

Round 1 ...

Init 22
Gumphrey bends down to check the cleric's vitals and finds the old man is dead. So, he rifles through the his pockets, and comes up with three potions. He uncaps one at random and sucks it down.* He experiences no obvious effect.

- *Hoping that it's a Remove Poison or Lesser Restoration.
-  Randomly determined potion = Remove Blindness. Oh well.

OOC: What are Elodie and Jeremiah doing?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 pm

OOC: Does Elodie see the person/people who attacked?
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:02 pm

Glitz wrote:OOC: Does Elodie see the person/people who attacked?
- OOC: Elodie's Perception Roll = 40, Jeremiah's Perception Roll = 39

Elodie does not see who attacked the party, nor does Jeremiah. Both of them, however, are instantly aware of another person, lurking in the shadows behind them. Although he is a master of stealth, Elodie and Jeremiah both recognize him as the swarthy foreigner from the dining hall. Yet, he is not the one who attacked you.

- OOC: You can deliberately search for the other assailant, but it requires a move action. Who you like to use your move to try that?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:07 pm

"Stay on him, Jeremiah!" Elodie urges as she moves to search for whoever attacked the group.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Elodie wrote:"Stay on him, Jeremiah!" Elodie urges as she moves to search for whoever attacked the group.
- OOC: Perception Check = 42.

Elodie steps forward, looking and listening for the attacker. She hears a floor board creek and smells fragrant oils, similar to those worn by Talmut. Suddenly, Elodie realizes the assailant is invisible, but knows right where she (the assassin) is!

- OOC: Elodie still has the rest of her round.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Elodie sniffs the air and snarls. "You'll regret this!" she yells at the invisible assailant.

Use Scent ability to "see" assailant.
Cast Baleful Polymorph (toad).
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Assassin's Saving Throw's vs. Baleful Poly-morph ...
- Fort Save = 23, Will save = 21 (Both Fail)

The assassin is immediately transformed into a harmless (albeit invisible) toad.

Init 10
The toad sits there. The swarthy gentleman's jaw drops. Then, he runs.

OOC: Jeremiah?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:03 am

Holding his breath, Jeremiah will draw his axe and move to attack the swarthy gentleman..

AoGS Attk: 14 + 23 = 35 | DMG: 14

OOC: I f I can denote him as my quarry as well, I will.

OOC2: Endurance to hold breathe.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:45 pm

End of Round 1 ...

Jeremiah chases after the swarthy adversary and strikes him with his axe. The man cries out in agony and then screams "No, no! It wasn't me!"

Start of Round 2 ...

Init 22
Gumphrey sucks down another random potion from the old man's pack. Again, there is no obvious effect.
"Come on old man! You have to have something in here that can help me!"

- Gumphrey's Fort Save = 27 (Success; No Effect this Round)
- Randomly determined potion = Cure Disease

Init 11
OOC: Elodie?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:47 pm

"Gumphrey, here." She grabs his hand and calls upon powerful spirits to heal him.

Cast Heal on Gumphrey.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Jeremiah will attempt to tackle and subdue the swarthy gentleman. If he is successful he will ask for help restraining him...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 pm

End of Round 2 ...

Init 11
Gumphrey looks much better, after the spirits heal him at Elodie's behest.

Init 10
The assailant, turns to face Jeremiah, bringing his hands up in surrender.

Init 9
Jeremiah tackles him. They both slam into the ground.
- CMB Roll = 28 (vs. 24); Success
- Both gain the grappled condition (See pages 200-201, 567)

Start of Round 3 ...

Init 22
"Thanks, Elodie!" Gumphrey gets up and runs over to help Jeremiah.
- OOC: He'll get there next round.

Init 11
Elodie?

Last edited by Malazek on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:01 pm

"Should we tie him up?" Elodie reaches into her bag to pull out a coil of rope.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:05 am

"Yes, lets tie him up. Is there anything we can do to help the old man?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next