Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

5 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Adventure #3 - Lord Winter - Page 13 Empty Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Glitz Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:49 pm

After Elodie gives her drawing to Talmut, she orders a bowl of stew and a hot bath. She retires to her room for the evening.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 am

Talmut wrote:I will include a detailed description of Arx Scopulus: room dimensions, a map, descriptions of the statues, flora/fauna, mummies, and a special note about the magicked squid, highlighting that it still nests there.
Jeremiah wrote:Assuming Talmut gives him the key, he will head back to the house immediately and let himself in.
While Talmut is finishing the report, Jeremiah shows up to borrow the key to the lab.
- OOC: Does Talmut let him borrow it?
- OOC: When he is finished, does Talmut take the report to the chancellor?
Elodie wrote:After Elodie gives her drawing to Talmut, she orders a bowl of stew and a hot bath. She retires to her room for the evening.
Elodie is out for the night.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Yes and yes.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:55 pm

After Jeremiah returns to the wizards' house, and lets himself in, he finds the place deserted. Malabus and Odion must have left almost as soon as the party did. After a moment inside, Mittens wriggles free of Jeremiah's bag and hits the ground running. He races off toward the kitchen.

Jeremiah can hear Mittens calling to him from the other room. "Meow! Meow! Meow-meow!"

When Talmut reaches the Vicereine's estate, the guards let him right in. The main court is deserted, at the moment, but he finds his way to the Chancellor's office without trouble. The same two knights guard the door. Inside, he finds Colton Winter in the same exact spot he was before ... and the room hasn't changed much either.

"Deputy Talmut, what brings you here, so soon? Did you find something, already?"
Chancellor's Office wrote:... at the end of the hall. The double doors are open and guarded by a pair of knights.

Through the last door, you can see an elderly man standing behind a large mahogany desk. There is a matching credenza behind him and an ornate circular rug beneath him. The elderly man waves you in. The guards make no effort to impede your progress.

Once you're inside the room, you see that there are book shelves on your left. On your right, there is another door (closed) and a large chest, with a glowing pedestal between them. The pedestal is made of marble, but it's topped with a large black orb (probably made of onyx). Despite it's dark color, the black orb seems to be illuminating the room.

On the desk there are several stacks of paper, three large seals, a well of ink, three large quills jutting from a stone cup, two wooden lock boxes, a single candle, a knife, and a large block of red wax. There are also four scroll cases, made of beech wood and capped with gold.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Once he is inside, Jeremiah he will set the cat down and make himself at home.

OOC: If there is no food in the house he will eat some of his own rations and feed the cat. He is running low though because he hasn't been trapping game as much lately.

After he has settled, he will meditate and relax for the night. Upon looking at the cat...

"That was a close one huh? Was that enough of an adventure for you or do you want some more?"

GM Edit: OOC: Per Skype, prepping and then "casting" Speak with Animals.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Jeremiah's finds PLENTY of food in the kitchen .... way more than two wizards could eat before it spoiled. He doesn't know whether these two wizards have inhuman appetites or some magical means of preserving their stores. Either way, there is plenty here for him to enjoy a rather generous meal.

- OOC: Speak with Animals let you ask questions of ordinary animals for 1 minute per caster level.

Mittens answers, "Meow."

The cat doesn't seem to be affected by Jeremiah's power. Perhaps he's not a real cat? Perhaps he's not a cat at all?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Per Skype...

OOC1: [6:25:36 PM] AlphaOmega: so at this point i assume its a polymorphing tarrasque?
OOC2: [6:26:23 PM] Malazek: it is. a polymorphed undead draconic celestial half-troll tarrasque
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 pm

"Our first report, Chancellor. The details of an underground redoubt known as Arx Scopolus.  I only ask that you not make this report public until we conclude our investigations of the site, most likely in the next weeks time."
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:42 am

Jeremiah will rest for the night after his discussion with the cat.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Talmut wrote:"Our first report, Chancellor. The details of an underground redoubt known as Arx Scopulus.  I only ask that you not make this report public until we conclude our investigations of the site, most likely in the next weeks time."
The chancellor takes the report and says, "Really? So soon? Most excellent. I shall give it a thorough read ... and I will keep information about your find between us, until your investigation is complete." He sets the report on the desk before him.

Then, he changes the subject, slightly. "But tell me: how are your assistants working out? I trust they are living up to your expectations?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will rest for the night after his discussion with the cat.
Accustomed to spending the night in make-shift conditions, Jeremiah has no trouble falling asleep in the wizards' den. With a hearty meal in his belly and the hearth-fire blazing beside him, he drifts off comfortably and quickly. He dreams of an elderly man with extremely long hands.

In his dream, the elderly man talks about giants and about the Boreal Headlands. He seems genuinely interested in the history of the Laqueus family. After awhile, he asks Jeremiah what his friends found at Arx Scopulus. Jeremiah notices that the man's eyes seem to reflect the light of the fire. The man laughs and thanks Jeremiah for his assistance.

The dream is interrupted when Jeremiah suddenly wakes, in the middle of the night. He looks around, but still doesn't see the two wizards, Odion and Malabus. He notices that Mittens is curled-up on the corner of his blanket. Wait ...

... that blanket wasn't here when he fell asleep.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:24 pm

"No complaints, thus far, save perhaps over exuberance.  Their tale has yet to conclude, however; a crusade, not a skirmish, if you will."
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:59 pm

Upon awaking Jeremiah will tell the cat to jump into his rucksack if he wants to go, he will then head to the adventurers guild to meet up with the rest of the party.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Talmut wrote:"No complaints, thus far, save perhaps over exuberance.  Their tale has yet to conclude, however; a crusade, not a skirmish, if you will."
"Indeed. Well, let me know if you have any concerns. In the meantime, carry on ... and I will let you know what I think of your report when next we meet."
Jeremiah wrote:Upon awaking Jeremiah will tell the cat to jump into his rucksack if he wants to go, he will then head to the adventurers guild to meet up with the rest of the party.
OOC: Do you mean in the middle of the night, when Jeremiah woke-up suddenly? Or do you mean he goes back to bed and heads to the AG in the morning?
Elodie wrote:She retires to her room for the evening.
Zzzz.

Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 am

Malazek wrote:OOC: Do you mean in the middle of the night, when Jeremiah woke-up suddenly? Or do you mean he goes back to bed and heads to the AG in the morning?

In the morning is what I had meant.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:30 pm

OOC: Assuming Talmut goes to sleep after talking to the Chancellor (it is late, after all) ...

Morning comes quickly.

Talmut and Elodie awake in their respective rooms at the Jolly Toad.

Jeremiah wakes at the Wizards' lab and then goes immediately to the Adventurers' Guild. (Mittens accepts his invitation and hops right into the rucksack).

OOC: I'm not really sure what the party's plan is here ... are you going to take some down-time to "train-up" while your in town? Or are you heading back out to the Arx Scopulus? What else do you need to accomplish while your in town?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Since we are here, I suppose we should train up, depending on how long it takes.  Could you also tell me how much time each day is devoted to training up?
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:19 pm

OOC: You all earned 11,325 XPs (7550 for challenges plus 3775 for Story & Role-playing).
That brings you to 24,125 Total (enough for 7th level).

OOC: I didn't really want to specify exactly how much training time was needed to level up (I was hoping to just leave it sort of vague; i.e. "between chapters") ... but since this question has come up more than once, I guess I should come up with some sort of rule. So .... "one week per level gained, if you train a minimum of four hours per day." Since you're gaining two levels, that would mean you need to dedicate four hours each day for two weeks.

If that's too stringent, we can just leave it as "a variable amount of time between chapters" (sometimes it might take a week, other times it might take a few months, but the actual training time would mostly occur "around" whatever else you were doing ... provided you weren't trying to cram an "unrealistic" amount of things into your day).

Either way is fine with me, I guess. If you three are more comfortable knowing that it takes four hours per day for one week per level, then fine, we'll go with that ... but if you're happier with just taking gratuitous amount of down-time, we can do that, instead. How about a vote?

That would be two votes, actually: 1) whether or not you want to track training hours; and 2) whether or not to take some "down time" to level up right now.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:26 pm

OOC1: Elodie would love to take some time to restock her potions and train up some new abilities.

OOC2: Doesn't really matter to me. As long as we continue to take breaks like this between each adventure, it doesn't really seem necessary to track training hours.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:51 am

OOC: Couple weeks of training is fine by me...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:02 pm

OOC: I think the jury is still out on counting training hours, but I think its safe to say you'll be taking a couple of weeks to rest and train up. Go ahead and level your characters ... and pay your Cost of Living (it's finally time to square that up). Also, let me know what your character will be doing (besides training) for those two weeks.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 am

Jeremiah will pal around with the cat for the next couple weeks. He will occasionally stop into the adventurers guild to talk to the party but for the most part he will be setting/collecting traps during his days and hanging out at the wizards den in the evenings.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:34 pm

OOC: Swift--are you planning on picking up another crafting feat this go around? I mentioned to Mal today that I was thinking of taking craft wands, but he mentioned that you might be taking another crafting feat as well. I wanted to make sure we didn't double up, or that if we did double up, that would be okay with you. Also, if you decide to NOT go wands, do you think Talmut could benefit from a wand of summoning creatures or something of the sort?
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:03 pm

I agree - no doubling up.  I will pass on wands and get something different; thanks for the heads up!  Yes, I am interested in a wand of summoning, but I have to figure out where my gold needs to go before I commit.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:Jeremiah will pal around with the cat for the next couple weeks. He will occasionally stop into the adventurers guild to talk to the party but for the most part he will be setting/collecting traps during his days and hanging out at the wizards den in the evenings.
Mittens gladly accompanies Jeremiah in his treks into the wild. He also seems genuinely curious about the merchant-shops where Jeremiah sells his furs. Unfortunately, the wizards never do return ... at least, not during these past few weeks.

OOC: Go ahead and make a Profession skill check.

Last edited by Malazek on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down