Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

3 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future - Page 12 Empty Re: Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Post  Malazek Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:59 pm

As the three quirky wizards finish their chant, the world seems to vibrate around you, just as the lights dim into inky shadows. Then, suddenly, the vibrations intensify and everything around you fades to darkness.

When the vibrations stop, you find yourself "floating" in a syrupy blackness. Nearby, you see one another through the haze, obscured by the shadowy substance in which you are suspended. Somewhere in the distance (though it's impossible to tell how far), a stream of white fluid quivers and dances like a slow-moving lightning.

As your eyes adjust to your surroundings, you detect a faint blue glow nearby, surrounded by countless faint orange auras.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future - Page 12 Empty Re: Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Post  Glitz Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:43 pm

"Jeremiah? Gumphrey? This is...different. You okay?" Elodie tries to speak, unsure if her companions will be able to hear her. If they do not respond, she will attempt to "think" at them.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:33 am

Elodie wrote:"Jeremiah? Gumphrey? This is...different. You okay?" Elodie tries to speak, unsure if her companions will be able to hear her.
To Jeremiah, Elodie's voice sounds distorted, as it echoes in the void around him. "JEremIah-ah? GuMPhrey-ey? ThiS is-is ...diFferenT-enT. YOu oKaY-aY?"

Elodie hears Gumphrey's voice calling back to her, distorted and echoing. "i'M okAy-Ay. ArE yOu okaY-ay?"

Gumphrey struggles to swim through the inky darkness, approaching Elodie at a very slow rate. As he draws nearer, his voice becomes more clear. "Are we actually breathing this stuff? It feels weird."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:53 am

Jeremiah will swim towards the sound of Elodies voice.

"Yea, I'm here. You guys OK?"

Swim +17
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:Jeremiah will swim towards the sound of Elodies voice.
Swim +17
"Yea, I'm here. You guys OK?"
Swimming in the syrupy darkness proves to be difficult,  but Jeremiah somehow manages it.
Gumphrey nods to Jeremiah. "Yeah, I'm good. What do we do, now?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:05 pm

"We concentrate on finding the evil wizard and avoid everything else we come across."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:54 am

"Okay. Let's...think." Elodie closes her eyes and attempts to 'think' as hard as she can about Lazukar.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:07 am

Jeremiah wrote:"We concentrate on finding the evil wizard and avoid everything else we come across."
Elodie wrote:"Okay. Let's...think." Elodie closes her eyes and attempts to 'think' as hard as she can about Lazukar.
Elodie's Concentration Check = 27 (Success), Jeremiah's Concentration Check = 24 (Success), Gumphrey's Concentration Check = 11 (Fail)

The heroes concentrate on finding Lazukar and feel themselves slipping through the inky blackness ... a sensation that feels like falling, sideways. As the sensation intensifies, Elodie and Jeremiah realize that Gumphrey is no longer with them! He must of slipped off in the wrong direction!
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:23 am

OOC: Now my books are packed. I should still be able to post, so long as I don't have to refer to any obscure rules before the books unpacked.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:16 am

"Elodie, we seem to have lost Gumphrey. Lets focus on him to see if we can find where he went. Then maybe we should tie ourselves together to make it easier to stick together."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:57 pm

"That sounds like the best plan of action. Hope Gumphrey hasn't thought himself too far away..."

Elodie will concentrate hard on Gumphrey.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:03 pm

Elodie and Jeremiah both focus on finding Gumphrey.

- Elodie's Roll = 23
- Jeremiah's Roll = 16

The feeling of falling sideways occurs again, this time leaving the both of you feeling dizzy ... but you do manage to find Gumphrey, drifting through the darkness on a chunk of rock the size of small tower. Purple moss covers most of the rock, but Gumphrey seems to have found a spot that is free of the growth. As you hurl toward him, he stares up at you with vague recognition. "Elodie? Jeremiah? Where have you been? It's been such a long time since I've seen you!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 am

Jeremiah will pull rope from his explorers pack.

"Here tie this around yourselves, it should help us stay together."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:30 am

Elodie grabs one end of the rope and secures herself to the line. Afterward, she will check on Gumphrey. "It hasn't been that long for us. How are you feeling, Gumphrey? Are you okay?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will pull rope from his explorers pack. "Here tie this around yourselves, it should help us stay together."
Elodie wrote:Elodie grabs one end of the rope and secures herself to the line. Afterward, she will check on Gumphrey. "It hasn't been that long for us. How are you feeling, Gumphrey? Are you okay?"
Gumphrey secures the rope, as well. "I'm alright. I knew you two would come back for me! How long has been? Two years, I reckon?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Elodie stares at Gumphrey for a few seconds. "Maybe for you, Gumphrey, but Jeremiah and I were only away from you for a few minutes. Are you hungry? What did you eat? What happened to you while we were away?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:38 am

"A few minutes? No, that can't be. It's been years, I'm sure of it."

"Well, you know, I've been eating tubers are berries, mostly, but also the meat of anything I have to kill ... like those beetles or those weird birds. I tried those wyrd fruits you see on the twisty-looking trees, but they made me feel ... strange."

"A lot has happened. At first, I was just lost; kept getting attacked by bizarre creatures ... all sorts of giant bugs (which are the most normal things out here), three-eyed giant fish with tentacles, guys with three-arms, screaming lizards with no eyes, fleshy blobs fulls of mouths ... I'm sure you've seen 'em."

"Eventually, I group of pygmies captured me while I was asleep. I escaped their feeble prison and started hunting them, one by one, and putting THEM in prison. Once I had them all, I forced them to make me their king ... but after a year or so, they all turned into balls of light and attacked me. I had to kill them. I didn't have a choice."

"Since them, I've just been wandering. I found this rock and was thinking about living here."

"Did you guys kill what's his name? That evil wizard?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:09 am

"Wow. You've really been through some interesting things. Honestly, we just got 'whooshed' away from you and came right back. This place is very odd. We haven't killed Lazukar yet...after your years of experience out here, though, you will probably be more experienced at fighting in this strange plane than we are. We came back to get you, and now we're tied together so no one will get lost. We're going to try to find him again, okay, Gumphrey? We're just gonna concentrate on the evil wizard Lazukar. Ready?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:20 am

"Lets do this."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:08 pm

Elodie and Jeremiah are able to concentrate on finding Lazukar, whilst dragging Gumphrey along with a rope. As before, it feels like you're falling sideways, through perpetually black space, as blue and white and orange auras dance all around you (some distant, others nearer). You manage to steer clear of the perpetual dangers of this realm, even as you race through it on your way to end Lazukar. It is impossible to keep track of time. A part of you feels like you've been here far too long, but you're just as sure that only moments have passed.

Eventually, your find yourself near a pond, surrounded by menacing trees with too many vines, all floating amidst the syrupy darkness. Though murky, the water does not appear to be very deep. Spotted mollusks, the size of house cats, peak through the surface of the water, staring at your approach. A small cottage-like structure, made of rock and wood, stands in disrepair, less than ten yards from the pond. Through the dirt-crusted windows, you can see light dancing inside.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:15 am

"This must be where Lazukar has retreated to. Prepare yourselves!"

Cats Grace
Owls Wisdom
Bears Endurance

Jeremiah will remove the rope from his waist and draw both of his axes.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:47 am

Gumphrey sneaks up to the cabin and peaks into the window. Then, he rushes back. "He looks weird ... like smaller and sort of baby-like. Plus, he's naked and floating in the air and glowing."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:15 am

Elodie snorts. "Like Jeremiah when he's had too much to drink? ... Just kidding, Jeremiah. Let me have a few moments to prepare us for battle."

She begins to cast a series of spells, each designed to strengthen the party as they fight.

Cast Owl's Wisdom, Bear's Endurance, and Cat's Grace on Gumphrey and herself.

• +4 Wisdom (15 minutes)
  • +4 Constitution (15 minutes)
  • +4 Dexterity (15 minutes)

Cast Freedom of Movement and Death Ward on the whole party.

• Enables you to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement. All combat maneuver checks made to grapple the target automatically fail. The subject automatically succeeds on any combat maneuver checks and Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or pin. (15 minutes)
  • The subject gains a +4 morale bonus on saves against all death spells and magical death effects. The subject is granted a save to negate such effects even if one is not normally allowed. The subject is immune to energy drain and any negative energy effects, including channeled negative energy. (15 minutes)

Cast True Seeing and Stoneskin on herself.

• Ability to see all things as they actually are (15 minutes)
  • Resistance to blows, cuts, stabs, and slashes, and DR 10/adamantine (150 minutes or 150 points of damage blocked)

After all of the buffs are prepared, she will cast one more spell on everyone, to give the entire party a little boost on their first attacks.

Cast Guidance on everyone.

"If we're ready, I'd like to start with a nice blast of light that may blind him, so it's important that I do it while we're all still at a distance...unless either of you have another plan?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:34 am

"That plan sounds good enough for me."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Once Jeremiah and Gumphrey have acknowledged and accepted her plan, Elodie will begin to summon surrounding energy into a tiny ball inside the cabin. With a final gesture, the ball of light explodes outward, filling the cabin with blinding light.

Cast Sunburst.
Damage = 21, and anyone inside the area is blinded
Reflex save = damage halved, no blindness
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next