Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

4 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens - Page 15 Empty Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:47 pm

"Hmm? Oh! Yes. We'll secure it. So, I surmise, then, that you intend to return to this place, eventually? I'll keep that in mind, as we make it secure ... And if you're heading back to town, would you like to just teleport there? You should probably take the stone horse, as well, but there's no reason to ride all the way back, is there?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens - Page 15 Empty Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:20 pm

"No, teleporting would be just fine but what are we to do about the horses we have tied up on the surface? We will take the stone horse with us, it should make things easier in the future." 

Looking to Elodie...

"Elodie, we should show Mittens everything we have found here for them to study."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:"No, teleporting would be just fine, but what are we to do about the horses we have tied up on the surface?"
"We'll just teleport them, too!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:59 pm

"We can show him around...and he can show us this horse? I don't know what this stone horse is..."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:22 am

OOC: Didn't we take a book or crystal ball or something?
OOC2: Also, now that the mummies are dead we should continue to loot them.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:48 pm

OOC: We took a book, but it is in Talmut's possession now, so I guess he and Mittens will study it while we are doing other stuff. Also, looting the ashes is a good idea.

"...before you show us this Iron Horse, though, let us see if there's anything left in these ashes here..." Elodie will dig through the piles of ashes, searching for any metal that might have melted during the blast but might still be of value.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:58 pm

"I'll help you search these last halls if you could heal me a little, I'm feeling a little beat at the moment. We should also check for hidden doors and the other sarcophagi."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:08 pm

After digging through the warm ashes, the party finds more lapis lazuli and more gold, but it's no longer jewelry. The stones are charred, but relatively intact, stuck to shapeless blobs of gold. It won't be worth as much, now that its melted, but it'll be worth something.

None of the sarcophagi contain additional mummies ... you seem to have destroyed them all.

Neither Gumphrey nor Jeremiah are able to find any sort of secret doors or compartments.

Finally, Mittens leads the heroes back to the "storage room." Like in the rest of this complex, it consists of plain tan stone blocks, with a thick layer of sand on the floor. Several large boxes clutter the floor, stuffed with moldy hay and mundane items (like boots and clothes, pots and pans, a hammer and a shovel, some pitons, a water clock, a spyglass, some block-and-tackle wheels, and the like).

Also in the room is a roughly hewn statue of a horse, larger than any real horse, and carved from the same tan stone as the walls and ceiling.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:12 pm

After they have pocketed the gold and gems, Elodie pulls out her wand and taps Jeremiah until he seems healthy again. "Better?"

Use Wand of Cure Serious Wounds on Jeremiah x3, cures 18 HP, 21 HP, 22 HP (61 HP total).

After following Mittens into the storage room, Elodie walks up to the stone horse. "Can you tell us anything about this horse, Mitt?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:20 pm

"Well, sure. Its name is Destrier; not very imaginative, I know. When you speak its name, it springs to life, so you can ride it, just like a real horse. It's fairly strong and absolutely tireless. If it gets hurt, somehow, you can feed it gems until it recovers (or you can transmogrify into a flesh-and-blood horse and then heal it with magic; when it's fully recovered, it will revert back to stone)."

STONE HORSE
Value: 14,800
Aura: Strong Transmutation
CL: 14th
Wt: 6000 lbs.
This item is a roughly hewn statue of a horse, carved from some type of hard stone. A command word brings the steed to life, enabling it to carry a burden and even to attack as if
it were a real horse of the appropriate kind. A stone horse is combat-trained. A stone horse can carry 1,000 pounds tirelessly and never needs to rest or eat. Damage dealt to it can be repaired either by feeding it gems (1 hp for every 50 gp value of the gem) or by casting stone to flesh, then using healing spells until it reaches its maximum hit points, at which time it automatically returns to its stone form. Destrier has the statistics of a heavy horse with hardness 10.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:10 am

"Well, I am ready to teleport if you are Elodie. Is there anything you needs us to do while we are in town Mitt?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:46 am

"As soon as we fetch our horses at the entrance, I'll be ready--thanks again for your help, Mr. Mittens."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:27 pm

"Very well."

Shortly thereafter: Jeremiah, Elodie, Gumphrey, Mittens, and Flint return to the surface, where they are re-united with Talmut, Glory, Halvar, Lindy, and the horses. After a short discussion, Talmut agrees to stay behind to help Mittens while studying the ruins. As Talmut's assistant, Flint stays behind, as well.

During this time, Gumphrey has decided that Glory should stay behind, as well. Although Umbrafall may need your help against the giants, he doesn't want to abandon this responsibility, either. "I would stay behind, myself, but I don't think there's any more locks or traps to be defeated here. Besides, I have this strange hankering to fight some giants."

After everyone packs up their gear and says their goodbyes, Mittens casts a short spell that creates a whirling vortex of energy. Inside the vortex, you can see the high-walls of Umbrafall. "Just ride on through; it will take you back to the city. Jeremiah, my friend, please tell my colleagues where I am. If they're not home, yet, just leave them a note. If you don't mind."

OOC: Is someone bringing the stone horse?

OOC: Assuming the party rides through the vortex ...

Riding through the vortex is surprisingly easy; no sense of vertigo or disorientation and no loss of time. Just, one second you're in front of it, and the next you're outside the city walls, surrounded by tents or horses and voices of restless men.

Of course, it's not long before the heroes ride out from behind those first tents, and see the size of the assembled army. Thousands of men, from city militia and from the various houses which presumably owe fealty to the Vicereine.

Elodie spots a man sitting alone near one of the campfires, holding two pipes in one hand and drinking a stein of ale with the other. This man bears such a striking resemblance to Jeremiah, that, at first, she thought it was Jeremiah and wondered how he got so far ahead of the group.

Jeremiah, on the other hand, sees something else altogether: his brother.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Malazek wrote:Is someone bringing the stone horse?

Yes, I will tie the stone horse to my horse.

When Jeremiah spots his brother he will change his direction from the wizards home to his brothers campfire.

"Is that pipe packed for me?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:30 pm

Elodie changes direction and follows Jeremiah, letting him walk ahead of her a few steps as he approaches the man who looks just like him.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Is that pipe packed for me?"
Standing, the man turns toward Jeremiah and smiles. "Indeed it is, brother."

As he hands Jeremiah the pipe, Jeremiah recognizes it as his own pipe; the one he forgot to get back from his brother before they last parted ways.

"Father sent me. I told him that you must have found yourself a woman. But now that I'm here, I see the real reason you were delayed: giants! Really, you couldn't have hunted them a little closer to home? Ah, well, now that I'm here,  too, you think I should help?"

Then, he sees Elodie. "Oh, but what's this? A little lady, after all?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 am

"Jebediah, did father not receive the correspondence I sent? I had decided to leave the life of trapping for something a little more adventurous. As for the lady, her name is Elodie and she travels with me and a few others in search of fortune and glory."

Looking to Elodie...

"Elodie, this is my brother Jebediah."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:38 am

"How is Dad doing? I'm not sure how he would handle not having either of us around, especially if he knew we were off fighting giants. But it is up to you and what you wish to do."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:49 pm

When Jeremiah introduces her, Elodie will wave. "Pleasure to meet you, Jebediah."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Jebediah, did father not receive the correspondence I sent? I had decided to leave the life of trapping for something a little more adventurous."
"Oh, he got it, but you know dad; he thought you had been 'mind-controlled' by some big-city enchanter. Gave the courier an earful, too. So, he sent me to make sure you were alright."
Jeremiah wrote:"As for the lady, her name is Elodie and she travels with me and a few others in search of fortune and glory ... Elodie, this is my brother Jebediah."
Elodie wrote: "Pleasure to meet you, Jebediah."
"It's a pleasure to meet you, as well, Elodie. So, 'fortune and glory,' eh? A little thing like you, hunting giants with my brother? It's hard to imagine."
Jeremiah wrote:"How is Dad doing? I'm not sure how he would handle not having either of us around, especially if he knew we were off fighting giants. But it is up to you and what you wish to do."
"He's well. And as stubborn as ever! I'm sure things would be easier for him, with me around, but, I mean ... you sure you're alright? I mean, how can I let you run off to get killed by yourself? But, how can I abandon father, either? I'm kind of in a tough spot here."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:54 pm

"Well I guess in either case it's good to see you. Grab your stuff and come with me, I have a quick couple errands and then will go get some food and drink. The least I can do for now is show you a good time."

Jeremiah will first head to the wizards home to let them know where Mittens is at and how he is doing.

"Elodie, I'm going to run a couple errands with Jebediah. Meet up at the Jolly Toad later?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Elodie waves. "Sounds good to me." She then sets off to check in with the Chancellor.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:49 am

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will first head to the wizards home to let them know where Mittens is at and how he is doing.
When he arrives, he finds the door unlocked. He can hear the voices of Malabus and Odion, bickering with one another, inside.

"No, no! Not that one."
"You said it was this one, before."
"No, I didn't. I said the other one."
"The other one, exactly. I had that one, so the other one would be this one."
"What? No. You had that one, when I said it."
"No, I had this one."
"Wait, you mean this one?"
"No, that one."
Elodie wrote:She then sets off to check in with the Chancellor.
When she arrives, she is led past the wide double-doors at the side of the main chamber, to a short hallway with white stone walls. There are four other doors in the short hall, but the double-doors at the far end lead to his office, which is guarded by a pair of knights.

Inside, she finds Colton Winter standing behind a large mahogany desk. There is a matching credenza behind him and an ornate circular rug beneath him. The chancellor waves you in.

The marble pedestal still stands on your right, topped by a large black orb. A chest and another door are also on your right; bookshelves stand on your left. The entire room seems to be lit by the dark orb.

"Elodie, what brings you by?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 am

"Good day gentleman, how does it go?"

Jeremiah will then let himself in and look for the wizards. Once he finds where they are located he will introduce his brother and update them to where Mittens is and how he is doing.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Elodie clears her throat and curtsies awkwardly. "Good evening, Sir Winter. I am here to update you on the exploration mission that my fellow adventurers and I were on. We further explored the ruins in the area we previously ventured to, and discovered an underground structure filled with vicious golems and skeletons. We also found evidence of strong magical objects, and Talmut has remained in the ruins with Glory and Flint. He also has the help of a wise old man, known to us as Mitt. Jeremiah, Gumphrey, and I have returned with the rest of the scribes to assist with the battle against the giants."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum