Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

4 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens - Page 16 Empty Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Good day gentleman, how does it go?" Jeremiah will then let himself in and look for the wizards.  Once he finds where they are located ...
"Oh No! What is this retched sorcery?!"
"A doppelganger! Kill it!"
"Wait ... wait ... no. The resemblance isn't all that uncanny."
"No? No, I supposed you're right."
Jeremiah wrote:... he will introduce his brother 
"Oh, so very nice to meet you!"
"Jebediah, brother of Jeremiah!"
"Oh yes, that's a nice title, isn't it?"
"Indeed."
Jeremiah wrote:... and update them to where Mittens is and how he is doing.
"That scamp; always running off."
"Still, better for Talmut, I suppose."
"You give him too much credit."
"Who?"
"Mr. Mittens."
"Oh, of course. I thought you meant Talmut."
"Talmut? No, he's a wonderful lad."
"Oh, yes he is, and a quick study, too."
"Indeed."
"Indeed."
"So, what are you doing going to do now?"
"Who me? I was about to make some tea."
"No, not you."
"Who then?"
"Jeremiah."
"Oh, right. What is he going to do?"
"I'm asking him right now."
"..."
"Yes, so, what are you going to do next, Jeremiah?"
Jebediah gives Jeremiah a very concerned look.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens - Page 16 Empty Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Elodie wrote:"Good evening, Sir Winter."
"It's LORD Winter, thank you."
Elodie wrote:"I am here to update you on the exploration mission that my fellow adventurers and I were on. We further explored the ruins in the area we previously ventured to, and discovered an underground structure filled with vicious golems and skeletons. We also found evidence of strong magical objects, and Talmut has remained in the ruins with Glory and Flint. He also has the help of a wise old man, known to us as Mitt. Jeremiah, Gumphrey, and I have returned with the rest of the scribes to assist with the battle against the giants."
"Oh, very good! I was hoping you would return, soon. I've heard tales of your heroic victories against ogres and giants in the foothills. So, I thought it would be prudent to put you three in charge of a small platoon. You would train and lead these men into the hills or the mountains, reconnoiter the giants' camp, and then return to advise us on the best course of action. What say you?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:40 pm

LORD Colton Winter wrote:So, I thought it would be prudent to put you three in charge of a small platoon. You would train and lead these men into the hills or the mountains, reconnoiter the giants' camp, and then return to advise us on the best course of action. What say you?"

"That sounds like a job fit for Jeremiah, since he is an expert giant slayer. I am sure he will do a wonderful job training the platoon. I would be happy to travel with the group and assist in any way that I can."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:21 am

Wizard wrote:"Yes, so, what are you going to do next, Jeremiah?"

"We ran into a few giants in the area, specifically speaking they were Frost Giants. Due to the rare nature of this occurrence I was planning on investigating the surrounding areas to see if I can discern their intentions."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"We ran into a few giants in the area, specifically speaking they were Frost Giants. Due to the rare nature of this occurrence I was planning on investigating the surrounding areas to see if I can discern their intentions."
"Giants?"
"Oh no!"
"Giants can be very dangerous."
"Yes, dangerous, indeed."
"They're just so strong."
"Yes, so very strong."
"Well, at least he has armor."
"Hmm."
"What do you mean, hmm?"
"Well, it's just ... have you ever seen a giant clobber a bear?"
"Yes."
"Or, a moose."
"Yes."
"How about a bull?"
"Yes! Yes, yes, yes! And a horse, a dog, and a tusked boar! Are you getting to some kind of point?"
"Of course."
"..."
"..."
"Well?"
"Well, what?"
"What's your point?"
"Oh, right! I almost forgot!"
"Forgot what?"
"The point."
"Which was what?"
"His armor. What do you suppose it's made of?"
"Well, I dunno. Some sort of hide, I supposed."
"Well?"
"I see, I see."
"I wonder if there isn't something we could do about that."
"What did we do with that armor the albino had?"
"Oh, I think it's in that chest over there."
"Well, that's lucky for us."
"For him."
"Should we give it to him?"
"I should think so."

Odion and Malabus start rooting through their pockets, opening old boxes, looking under books, and basically checking everywhere they can think of, until one of them remember he has the key on a chain around his neck. With the key, they open the big chest and pull out a chain shirt made of black metal links.

"Try it on! Try it on!"
"Please, fit into it, Jeremiah. We should very much hate to see you squashed."

The Albino's Armor (worth 17,100 gold)
This black metal chain shirt consists of very fine chain links forged from some strange dark metal. It has an arcane spell failure of 10%, a maximum dexterity bonus of +6, and no armor check penalty! It is considered light armor, although it grants a +4 armor bonus, as well as a +3 armor enhancement bonus (so, a total AC bonus of +7).

Last edited by Malazek on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Elodie wrote:"That sounds like a job fit for Jeremiah, since he is an expert giant slayer. I am sure he will do a wonderful job training the platoon. I would be happy to travel with the group and assist in any way that I can."
"Glad to hear it! I couldn't ask for more. Ask Jeremiah to see me as soon as possible, and we'll go over the specifics of his commission."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:13 pm

"Whooa.. This is some nice strong armor and incredibly light to. Is there anything I could do for you in trade for this armor?"

Jeremiah will then try on the armor to examine its fit.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:12 pm

OOC: So here is a list of the items that we collected throughout the chapter. Mal & I broke things up into two lists, things we are keeping and things that you and I would probably sell...is there anything on the "sell" list that you want to keep, instead? Also, we could try to sell the spirits, or we could drink it. I voted for drinking it, but I'm okay with selling it, as well.

THINGS TO SELL?

2500 Gold Coins, minted with an August Wolf on one side and the head of a Monarch on the other. (In total, the coins weigh about 50 pounds and should be worth about 4500 gold)

Patch-work Robe of Jacobany (worth 7000, but you’ll probably only get 3500 for it)

5069 gold coins (some ancient some modern)

a dark red garnet (worth maybe 100 gold pieces)

A heavy onyx skull (worth about 250 gold)

jewelry made of gold and lapis lazuli (worth 350 gold)

charred lapis lazuli stuck inside melted gold (will probably fetch about 285 gold for all of it)

Stone Horse (14800, but you’ll probably only get 7400 for it)

RESULTS
Pending sales: 21,454 (that’s 7151 gp 3 sp 3 cp each)
Pending consignment: 17500 gp (if it pays out soon, that’s another 5,833 gp 3 sp 3 cp each).
Total = 12,984 gp 6 sp 6 cp each

THINGS TO KEEP?

A Map. Inked onto worn leather, it seems to be a map of the Angry Mountains ... including a few of the narrow mountain trails that very few people use.

A Bottle of Spirits. It appears to be very old, but there is no label to tell you when it was bottled, or even what's inside.

Two magical pearls of average size and luster

3x Potions
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

After assuring the Chancellor that she will send Jeremiah to see him soon, she heads to her room at the Jolly Toad. She pulls out the potions and pearls that she found earlier, and inspects them closely, attempting to determine their properties.

Spellcraft check for pearls:
1st: 13 (3+10)
2nd: 30 (20+10)

Craft: alchemy checks for potions:
Potion 1: 28 (18+10)
Potion 2: 12 (2+10)
Potion 3: 19 (9+10)
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Whooa.. This is some nice strong armor and incredibly light to. Is there anything I could do for you in trade for this armor?"
"Yes! Live."
"Right, indeed. Not dying would be a great start."
Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will then try on the armor to examine its fit.
The armor is a perfect fit. Actually, Jeremiah is pretty sure the armor "shrank" as he put it on, magically altering itself to his exact shape and size.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Elodie wrote:After assuring the Chancellor that she will send Jeremiah to see him soon, she heads to her room at the Jolly Toad. She pulls out the potions and pearls that she found earlier, and inspects them closely, attempting to determine their properties.
- Spellcraft check for pearls: 1st: 13 (3+10), 2nd: 30 (20+10)
- Craft: alchemy checks for potions: Potion 1: 28 (18+10), Potion 2: 12 (2+10), Potion 3: 19 (9+10)
Elodie can tell that the pearls are very similar to the ones she found with Talmut and Maius, just a few months ago. There is no doubt that these are part of Jacobany's collection. According to legend, some of the pearls were more or less powerful than others. Hopefully, these ones are more powerful than the ones they found before. Unfortunately, she is unable to determine the power level of one pearl; the other one, however, is definitely more powerful than her other pearl!

Pearl of Jacobany III (use: 0/1)
Aura: Faint Transmutation; CL 5th
Slot —; Price 9,000 gp (3rd); Weight —
This seemingly normal pearl of average size and luster is a potent aid to all spellcasters who prepare spells (clerics, druids, rangers, paladins, and wizards). Once per day on command, a pearl of Jacobany enables the possessor to recall any spell of third level (or lower) that she had prepared and then cast that same day. The spell is then prepared again, just as if it had not been cast.

Potion of False Life
CL: 17 - The imbiber of this potion gains d10+10 temporary hit points for the next 17 hours (or until discharged).

Oil of Undead Command
CL: 17 - By spreading this oil on an undead creature (a risky proposition at best), the user of this oil gains limited control over the undead creature. This effect functions exactly like the "Command Undead" spell on page 257.

Potion of Haste
CL: 17 - The imbiber of this potion becomes "hasted" for the next 17 rounds. Hasted creatures gain a +1 on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to both AC and Reflex saves. Hasted creatures gain a +30 increase to all of their movement speeds. Finally, hasted creatures who use the "full attack" option in combat gain one extra attack at their highest to-hit bonus. See page 294 for more specific information about the Haste spell.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:52 pm

"Well, thanks then. I will do my best, as always, to stay alive. If anything changes and you require my assistance feel free to contact me, I am more than happy to assist the both of you."

OOC: I wouldn't mind keeping the stone horse as a pack mule of sorts
OOC2: How long do you wish to stay in town Elodie?
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:51 pm

OOC: Elodie will need about a week to level up and craft a new wand. Also, the Chancellor wants Jeremiah to train some troops before the party sets out again, so I guess that could take a week...in regards to the horse, we can keep it if you want. 

After studying the items in her room, Elodie heads to the Adventurer's Guild to sell the items found recently. After bringing in all of the items (chests full of coins, the robe, and such), Elodie also pulls her glittering barrette out of her hair and drops it onto the counter. She looks at it sadly before pushing it towards the merchant. "I'll be selling this, too."

Elodie then heads back to The Jolly Toad to wait for the rest of her party. She approaches Cid at the bar. "Hello, Cid. We found a bottle of spirits out in the ruins, and I was wondering if you could tell me anything about it?" Elodie sets the old bottle on the counter.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:57 am

OOC: Busy today, will post tonight. Is that barrette the item that allows you to change appearance? I might buy that back if so..
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:55 pm

"Alright gentlemen, I have some business to wrap up in town and a few errands to make. Do you guys need anything while I'm out?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Alright gentlemen, I have some business to wrap up in town and a few errands to make. Do you guys need anything while I'm out?"
"Nope."
"Nope."

As Jeremiah and his brother exit the building, Jebediah comments "Well, that was interesting."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Elodie wrote:Elodie also pulls her glittering barrette out of her hair and drops it onto the counter. She looks at it sadly before pushing it towards the merchant. "I'll be selling this, too."
The old man offers her a fair price for it: 900 gold.

Elodie wrote:She approaches Cid at the bar. "Hello, Cid. We found a bottle of spirits out in the ruins, and I was wondering if you could tell me anything about it?" Elodie sets the old bottle on the counter.
Cid studies the bottle for a moment. "Well, it's certainly ol' -- probably too ol' to be drank, even -- but if the spirits are poten' enough, they can stay good for ... oh, I dunno ... forever? T'all depends on the 'tegrity of the bottle."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:00 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:Is that barrette the item that allows you to change appearance? I might buy that back if so..

OOC: Yeah, that's the one. I can give it to you if you want it; however, are there any other items that you think we might be able to sell for gold at this point? I am trying to craft another wand to make Elodie more effective in combat, and am having a hard time scraping all the gold together.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:19 pm

Elodie reaches for a glass behind the bar and grins at Cid. "Care to risk it?" Elodie tugs the stopper out and splashes a small amount into the glass. She sloshes it around and sniffs it, and then swallows it in one gulp.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Glitz wrote:Elodie tugs the stopper out and splashes a small amount into the glass. She sloshes it around and sniffs it, and then swallows it in one gulp.
The strange spirits have a strong earthy scent to them, but when Elodie drinks it, she tastes none of that. All she tastes is the burn of pure, unadulterated alcohol. She immediately begins to feel buzzed (but not necessarily sick).

"How was it?" Cid asks, sliding an empty glass forward, with a grin.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Elodie coughs a bit, and then laughs. "Not bad!" She pours some into Cid's glass, and a bit more into hers. "Lindy!" she calls, looking around for her assistant. "Lindy, come have a drink. Cid, my friends and I will all be drinking this tonight. Feel free to drink with us."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Elodie wrote:Elodie heads to the Adventurer's Guild to sell the items found recently.
Elodie wrote:THINGS TO SELL?
2500 Gold Coins, minted with an August Wolf on one side and the head of a Monarch on the other. (In total, the coins weigh about 50 pounds and should be worth about 4500 gold)
Patch-work Robe of Jacobany (worth 7000, but you’ll probably only get 3500 for it)
5069 gold coins (some ancient some modern)
a dark red garnet (worth maybe 100 gold pieces)
A heavy onyx skull (worth about 250 gold)
jewelry made of gold and lapis lazuli (worth 350 gold)
charred lapis lazuli stuck inside melted gold (will probably fetch about 285 gold for all of it)
OOC: Without the horse, this only nets 14,054 gold (that's 4,684 gp 6 sp 6 cp each). Plus the 5833 gp 3 sp 3 cp from the consignment, means you each get 10,517 gp 9 sp 9 cp. That does not include the Crown of the Chameleon Lord.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Jeremiah will head over to the adventurers guild before his rendezvous with Elodie at the Jolly Toad. Along the way he will tell Jebediah to take 5000 gold back to his father and split it amongst themselves, spending it how they see fit. Upon his arrival he will approach the old man and request to enter the vault to retrieve some of his money.

Jeremiah will discreetly pull Jebediah aside and give him the 5000 gold...

"Jebediah, take this money to father and split it how you see fit. Enjoy yourself for a bit, I'd hate to see some bad happen to you. In a season or so after you've spent that money and if you still wish to see the world with me, I'd be more than welcome to have you."

If Jeremiah notices the crown for sale he will offer to buy it back for himself.

OOC: Elodie, I will give you 5,000 gold as well.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:09 pm

OOC: Thanks, Elodie will pay Jeremiah back as soon as she has the gold to do so!
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:07 pm

Elodie wrote:"Lindy!" she calls, looking around for her assistant. "Lindy, come have a drink. Cid, my friends and I will all be drinking this tonight. Feel free to drink with us."
Both Cid and Lindy happily join Elodie for a tasting of the very old (and very unusual) spirits.
Jeremiah wrote:"Jebediah, take this money to father and split it how you see fit. Enjoy yourself for a bit, I'd hate to see some bad happen to you. In a season or so after you've spent that money and if you still wish to see the world with me, I'd be more than welcome to have you."
"In a season or two? I think it may last quite a bit longer than that, Brother. And thank you! Father will be very pleased."
Jeremiah wrote:If Jeremiah notices the crown for sale he will offer to buy it back for himself.
Since Jeremiah and Elodie are in the same group, the old man agrees to void the sale. In other words, it will only cost Jeremiah 900 gold (the same amount the old man purchased it for, instead of the 1800 he was going to sell it for).

OOC: Does Elodie tell Jeremiah about the Chancellor's request? If so, does Jeremiah go to see him?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next