Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 2 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:Several shady figures do seem to be loitering in the streets, mingling between the perfectly normal peasants there ... under closer scrutiny (Passive Perception), Davin notices that all the shady folks are dressed vaguely the same: that is, they are all wearing nondescript brown and gray hooded cloaks ... and under the cloaks, they are all wearing tall, fancy boots with the kind of scrollwork and low-relief that commonly decorates boots of Eladrin make. Come to think of it, all of these "shady persons" are tall and slender, too.

O.O.C. - Oh @%#$.

Is there a back way through alleys to the Stewbowl?

"Theriash, Straegis!" ("Cover up, Straegis!"), Davin hisses under his breath. I motion him over cautiously and point out the strangers in the streets.

"Shopkeep, is there a back door to this store that we can use?"

O.O.C.#2 - What is the status of my orders? Do we have the wagon? Do we still need to load it with the provisions, or can I pay someone to do that for us? Maybe pay the shopkeep's kid helper to take our provisions to the wainwright, load them, and deliver the wagon, ready to go, to the Stewbowl?

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 2 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Oh @%#$.
OOC: Just the reaction I was hoping for.

Swifthand wrote:"Theriash, Straegis!" ("Cover up, Straegis!"), Davin hisses under his breath. I motion him over cautiously and point out the strangers in the streets. "Shopkeep, is there a back door to this store that we can use?"
OOC: Is there a back way through alleys to the Stewbowl?
"Yes, sir. Right through there," he says pointing you in the proper direction. "Follow the alley until you get to the street, then cross. Across the street, cut through any of the yards, and then turn right on the next street. The Stewbowl is maybe two miles further."

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C.#2 - What is the status of my orders? Do we have the wagon? Do we still need to load it with the provisions, or can I pay someone to do that for us? Maybe pay the shopkeep's kid helper to take our provisions to the wainwright, load them, and deliver the wagon, ready to go, to the Stewbowl?
The general orders and provisions are boxed up and ready to go. The wagon is not ready, and won't be for a couple hours.
You ask the the shopkeep to have the wagon loaded and ported? He agrees. Readily.

As the two of you run through the streets, give me some rolls (three or four each): athletics, stealth, streetwise, or whatever you think will get the job done. Then, one of you can drop a Perception check
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:Verity rides up the path at a gallop and dismounts as Zephyr skids to a halt on the cobbles leading up to the stately home.
OOC: Stately home. Got it.

Verity wrote:“Mum, Da, it’s been far too long.” He embraces them.

“It’s good to be home. Indeed my apprenticeship to Jugugg the Goblin is through, though it be only the beginning of my devotion to the Queen. I continue my studies in the company of another Cleric, Woe Vangg. A wizened old dwarf is he. Indeed wise enough to be suspicious of a young newcomer like me. I’m earning his confidence though, and already it is clear that his understanding of the Queen is both deep and broad. We’ve been traveling ‘mongst a fine crew of fellow adventurers…Pha! Listen to me carry on. What of you? How fare ye? What of Felicity, Chastity, Frater, Constance, Fortis, and Infidus?” He scoops up the infant, “And who have we here? What is your name little one? A fine portent that the world was fated another Servinus.
"Frater and Fortis have left with your uncle, headed toward the Imperial core! Rumor has it that the grand army will be drafting conscripts soon, and those who join willingly ahead of time will be given preferential treatment. Your sisters are staying with your aunt, as your cousins went with Uncle Veridic, also. Infidus is around somewhere, probably playing in the creek, as usual. The new baby is your new brother, Candor."

Verity wrote:“We’ve so much to speak of; I feel that as much has happened to me in this year since leaving as ever happened to me my whole life before.” Then his shoulders sag a bit, “I fear however, I cannot stay long. One of my comrades needs my help urgently, a high-blooded Elladrin he, for there is a war in his land and many lives are in the balance. I have but a few hours and then, regrettably, I must hasten to the aid of the noble fey. By the Queen, it IS good to see you.”
A high blooded Eladrin, you say? What be he is name? (Out of curiousity)."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Malazek wrote:"Frater and Fortis have left with your uncle, headed toward the Imperial core! Rumor has it that the grand army will be drafting conscripts soon, and those who join willingly ahead of time will be given preferential treatment. Your sisters are staying with your aunt, as your cousins went with Uncle Veridic, also. Infidus is around somewhere, probably playing in the creek, as usual. The new baby is your new brother, Candor."
Verity's brow furrows with concern. "I see much has changed here at home as well, and not all for good. Why would the Emperor conscript his folk? Is his need defense or conquest, and against whom?"

Malazek wrote:"A high blooded Eladrin, you say? What be he is name? (Out of curiousity)."
"His name be Staegis II and he is son of a great general of his people. Keep his name in confidence, though, for he is sought by those who would do him ill."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Swifthand wrote:"Rethias al abaddim, dothair." ("Follow me close, cousin.")

With a nod to the storekeep, I head out the back door and follow his directions, sticking low and to the shadows.

If Straegis rolls Stealth, Perception,or Athletics for this, and fails, I will aid him using Crucial Advise - he can reroll his check with a +4 modifier.

Athletics check=24

3 Stealth checks=28, 28, 24

Perception check=29

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:17 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: We shoulda known, two days resting in a lizard camp=something bad is on its way! Hey Mal,
could I make a perception roll to see if I recognized any of them before we ducked out. If they are soldiers
would I get any + for already knowing them?

Straegis follows Davin's lead and attempts to beat a hasty retreat.
Athletics=13
Athletics=13
O.O.C.: Are you kiddin me, the same crappy roll twice in a row!
Due to the distance- Endurance=17
O.O.C.: Here goes nothin' I'll try a stealth roll, somethin stupid is bound to happen!
Bull in china shop? Stealth=6
O.O.C.: "Despite his reputation as 'clumsy' !"
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - You can roll that stealth again with a +4, Macks.

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:18 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:
Malazek wrote:OOC: Drop a bluff check on that one!

OOC: As you know Vangg exaggerates - no roll needed Smile

WoeVangg eyes Joe and Tiff, "Me sad ol' Jack ... well ... Jack be's da good man. An'thin' goin' on ins da Wailin' Woods or what nots? Any strange 'app'nin's? ... Worth talin' 'bouts?"

Vangg sips his coffee and studies the 2 of them.

Insight Check to learn anything:

Insight - 20
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:OCC: I'd just like to say Woe Vangg's accent is awesome.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:... could I make a perception roll to see if I recognized any of them before we ducked out. If they are soldiers
Straegis does not recognize any of them personally, but can easily identify them as The Maor (specialized troops used for advanced recon, search & rescue, and seek & destroy missions).
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Malazek wrote:
151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg eyes Joe and Tiff, "Me sad ol' Jack ... well ... Jack be's da good man. An'thin' goin' on ins da Wailin' Woods or what nots? Any strange 'app'nin's? ... Worth talin' 'bouts?"
Insight Check to learn anything: Insight - 20
Tiff continues "Just a lot of people coming through here lately; Some kind of urban migration is going on. Not sure really why. Perhaps 'cause of the flooding last week? It's tough to say."

Joe just buries his face in one hand; the other hand resting on Jack's blade.

Insight: They seem genuine enough, albiet very confident ... then again, so was Jack. Her offhanded answer about the large numbers of people seems to be something she's given a lot of thought to, but has since resigned herself to uncertianty, for now.

Around this time, Alex and Kardan show up at the Stewbowl (just as the morning rush is clearing out).
They pull up chairs near Vangg's table.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Malazek wrote:
151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg eyes Joe and Tiff, "Me sad ol' Jack ... well ... Jack be's da good man. An'thin' goin' on ins da Wailin' Woods or what nots? Any strange 'app'nin's? ... Worth talin' 'bouts?"
Tiff continues "Just a lot of people coming through here lately; Some kind of urban migration is going on. Not sure really why. Perhaps 'cause of the flooding last week? It's tough to say."

Insight: They seem genuine enough, albiet very confident ... then again, so was Jack. Her offhanded answer about the large numbers of people seems to be something she's given a lot of thought to, but has since resigned herself to uncertianty, for now.

Around this time, Alex and Kardan show up at the Stewbowl (just as the morning rush is clearing out).
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Malazek wrote:
With a nod to the storekeep, I head out the back door and follow his directions, sticking low and to the shadows.
Athletics check=24
Perception check=29
macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis follows Davin's lead and attempts to beat a hasty retreat.
Athletics=13
Athletics=13
Stealth=6
Re-roll = 9

Clinging to the shadows, Davin and Straegis follow the directions to the best of their ability ... but as they approach the Stewbowl, they see two of the hooden figures emerge from a yard up ahead. The figures look around until they see the two of you. Reflexively, the Maor start to back up into the yard; but realizing they have been spotted, they stand firm ... hands slowly reaching for their blades.

Run? Fight? Lie? What's the Plan?
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Swifthand wrote:I side step to the right of Straegis, pulling my bow off my shoulder with one hand and grabbing my hunting horn with the other, but keeping it concealed in my cloak for now. I then wait for Straegis' move, ready to back him up.

O.O.C. - Man, Macks, I didn't want to start this out by killing your fellow Eladrin, lol. I can slow one of them to a move of 1; do you have any slow/stun/incapacitating moves? We need Alex's Sleep!

Mal, can we choose to do nonlethal damage and knock them out? Or do a heal check when/if they go down to keep them alive?

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Oh @%#$.
OOC: Just the reaction I was hoping for.

Swifthand wrote:"Theriash, Straegis!" ("Cover up, Straegis!"), Davin hisses under his breath. I motion him over cautiously and point out the strangers in the streets. "Shopkeep, is there a back door to this store that we can use?"
OOC: Is there a back way through alleys to the Stewbowl?
"Yes, sir. Right through there," he says pointing you in the proper direction. "Follow the alley until you get to the street, then cross. Across the street, cut through any of the yards, and then turn right on the next street. The Stewbowl is maybe two miles further."

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C.#2 - What is the status of my orders? Do we have the wagon? Do we still need to load it with the provisions, or can I pay someone to do that for us? Maybe pay the shopkeep's kid helper to take our provisions to the wainwright, load them, and deliver the wagon, ready to go, to the Stewbowl?
The general orders and provisions are boxed up and ready to go. The wagon is not ready, and won't be for a couple hours.
You ask the the shopkeep to have the wagon loaded and ported? He agrees. Readily.

As the two of you run through the streets, give me some rolls (three or four each): athletics, stealth, streetwise, or whatever you think will get the job done. Then, one of you can drop a Perception check
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:Verity rides up the path at a gallop and dismounts as Zephyr skids to a halt on the cobbles leading up to the stately home.
OOC: Stately home. Got it.

Verity wrote:“Mum, Da, it’s been far too long.” He embraces them.

“It’s good to be home. Indeed my apprenticeship to Jugugg the Goblin is through, though it be only the beginning of my devotion to the Queen. I continue my studies in the company of another Cleric, Woe Vangg. A wizened old dwarf is he. Indeed wise enough to be suspicious of a young newcomer like me. I’m earning his confidence though, and already it is clear that his understanding of the Queen is both deep and broad. We’ve been traveling ‘mongst a fine crew of fellow adventurers…Pha! Listen to me carry on. What of you? How fare ye? What of Felicity, Chastity, Frater, Constance, Fortis, and Infidus?” He scoops up the infant, “And who have we here? What is your name little one? A fine portent that the world was fated another Servinus.
"Frater and Fortis have left with your uncle, headed toward the Imperial core! Rumor has it that the grand army will be drafting conscripts soon, and those who join willingly ahead of time will be given preferential treatment. Your sisters are staying with your aunt, as your cousins went with Uncle Veridic, also. Infidus is around somewhere, probably playing in the creek, as usual. The new baby is your new brother, Candor."

Verity wrote:“We’ve so much to speak of; I feel that as much has happened to me in this year since leaving as ever happened to me my whole life before.” Then his shoulders sag a bit, “I fear however, I cannot stay long. One of my comrades needs my help urgently, a high-blooded Elladrin he, for there is a war in his land and many lives are in the balance. I have but a few hours and then, regrettably, I must hasten to the aid of the noble fey. By the Queen, it IS good to see you.”
A high blooded Eladrin, you say? What be he is name? (Out of curiousity)."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Malazek wrote:"Frater and Fortis have left with your uncle, headed toward the Imperial core! Rumor has it that the grand army will be drafting conscripts soon, and those who join willingly ahead of time will be given preferential treatment. Your sisters are staying with your aunt, as your cousins went with Uncle Veridic, also. Infidus is around somewhere, probably playing in the creek, as usual. The new baby is your new brother, Candor."
Verity's brow furrows with concern. "I see much has changed here at home as well, and not all for good. Why would the Emperor conscript his folk? Is his need defense or conquest, and against whom?"

Malazek wrote:"A high blooded Eladrin, you say? What be he is name? (Out of curiousity)."
"His name be Staegis II and he is son of a great general of his people. Keep his name in confidence, though, for he is sought by those who would do him ill."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Halcyon wrote:

magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

If Straegis rolls Stealth, Perception,or Athletics for this, and fails, I will aid him using Crucial Advise - he can reroll his check with a +4 modifier.

Athletics check=24

Perception check=29

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: We shoulda known, two days resting in a lizard camp=something bad is on its way! Hey Mal,
could I make a perception roll to see if I recognized any of them before we ducked out. If they are soldiers

Straegis follows Davin's lead and attempts to beat a hasty retreat.
Athletics=13
Athletics=13
O.O.C.: Are you kiddin me, the same crappy roll twice in a row!
O.O.C.: Here goes nothin' I'll try a stealth roll, somethin stupid is bound to happen!
Bull in china shop? Stealth=6
O.O.C.: "Despite his reputation as 'clumsy' !"
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - You can roll that stealth again with a +4, Macks.

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:25 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:
Malazek wrote:OOC: Drop a bluff check on that one!

OOC: As you know Vangg exaggerates - no roll needed Smile

WoeVangg eyes Joe and Tiff, "Me sad ol' Jack ... well ... Jack be's da good man. An'thin' goin' on ins da Wailin' Woods or what nots? Any strange 'app'nin's? ... Worth talin' 'bouts?"

Insight Check to learn anything:

Insight - 20
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:OCC: I'd just like to say Woe Vangg's accent is awesome.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:... could I make a perception roll to see if I recognized any of them before we ducked out. If they are soldiers
Straegis does not recognize any of them personally, but can easily identify them as The Maor (specialized troops used for advanced recon, search & rescue, and seek & destroy missions).
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Malazek wrote:

magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next