Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:11 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis says, "Thats it Jeradyis, I've heard enough!"

Move: Fey step to square next to Jeradyis.
Minor: Ready butt end of sword for knockout.
Standard: Attack with pommel of sword.

Attack=25
Damage=9

O.O.C.: I did the attack roll correctly that is the total damage roll, you said it would do half so I guess what 4 then? Is there
really any way someone can hear him?
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:11 pm

Malazek wrote:
Malazek wrote:EDIT: He's still bleeding, despite being +2 to all saves!!
macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis says, "Thats it Jeradyis, I've heard enough!"
Fey step to square next to Jerdayis ... Attack with pommel of sword ...Damage=9
With a hearty grunt, Jerdayis drops to the ground. Unconscious.

macksgarageusa wrote:Is there really any way someone can hear him?
You're not sure where the others are, but it would very difficult for anybody over by the general store to hear from this far away.

And it's only been about 30 or 40 seconds since the other one ran off ... so he can't of got very far ... but again, you're not really sure where ALL the others are (but remember, the general store was over 2 miles from here)
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:12 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:"What kin' o' troubles we gits inta dis times!? Quicklikes! 'ide da bodies!"
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Swifthand wrote:I rifle through the Maor's possessions, grabbing everything as quickly as possible.

Perception check = 26

O.O.C. - Is there a wood bin or shed behind one of these buildings we are near to hide the Maor's body in?

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Malazek wrote:By the way, you each get 200 XPs for defeating the Maor.
That brings everyone to 3951
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:I rifle through the Maor's possessions, grabbing everything as quickly as possible.
Perception check = 26
O.O.C. - Is there a wood bin or shed behind one of these buildings we are near to hide the Maor's body in?
There are wood on the side of every building in Brackwater; and there are several sheds behind the nearby buildings. Also, the Maor has 295 gold pieces in his possession and an nice Eladrin Cloak.

+2 Eladrin Cloak
This cloak embroidered with leaf and circle patterns, crafted in the fay tradition, increases your stealth.
Item Slot: Neck
Enhancement: +2 Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
Property: Gain a +2 item bonus to Stealth checks.

Straegis knows what this cloak does; that's why no ID roll is needed.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 41/41; AC 18 Fort 15 Ref 17 Will 16; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=0

I pull out my rope and cut off enough to bind his hands and feet, then truss him up and gag him.

Nature check to tie knots = 29

"Help me hide him in that shed over there!"

I quickly retrieve my arrows while using my tracking skills to hide evidence of the fight and where we hid the Maor.

Tracking check = 34
I retrieve 4 arrows.

As we drag the Maor to the shed and clean the scene, I quickly lay out a plan.

"Alright. Vangg, Kardan - the retreating Maor did not see you, though he did see Alex, Straegis, and I. Us three are going to try to make it to the wainwright and wait for the wagon to be done. We can hide there and it should be done shortly. You two need to find Verity and then meet us there. Assuming the Maor have no reason to suspect you, hopefully you can walk the streets freely, perhaps even getting an idea of how many more there are. Once we are together, we will hide in the back of the wagon as you guys can drive us out of town - simply some travelers moving on toward the Imperial City. Sound good?"

Arrow Count = 157
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:I pull out my rope and cut off enough to bind his hands and feet, then truss him up and gag him.
Nature check to tie knots = 29
"Help me hide him in that shed over there!"
That's a good knot/

Swifthand wrote:I quickly ... hide evidence of the fight and where we hid the Maor.
Picking up his sword and mussing the tracks left by the scuffle ...

Swifthand wrote:As we drag the Maor to the shed and clean the scene, I quickly lay out a plan.
"Alright. Vangg, Kardan - the retreating Maor did not see you, though he did see Alex, Straegis, and I. Us three are going to try to make it to the wainwright and wait for the wagon to be done. We can hide there and it should be done shortly. You two need to find Verity and then meet us there. Because no one has seen you, you can walk the streets freely, perhaps even getting an idea of how many more there are. Once we are together, we will hide in the back of the wagon as you guys drive us out of town - simply some travelers moving on toward the Imperial City. Sound good?"
If tthat's the plan, then Davin and Straegis and Alex need to give me some rolls to make it back to the wainwright unmolested ... Athletics & Stealth, Again?? Whatever your approach, make the skills match. Three or four rolls from each of you. Of course, if you prefer other means, by all means, go with it ....
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Malazek wrote:Posting for Kardan ...

Kardan steals the Maor's boots and sword, and puts them on. "I'm gonna lead them on a wild goose chase ... Go on out of town with out me, I'll catch up eventually."

With the Maor's boots on, Kardan begins trapsing through the yards and street, leaving Jerdayis's prints everywhere.

OOC: Sundown is on hiatus for awhile.
He will be back eventually, but not soon.

DM EDIT: His rolls: 23, 23, 26.

These can be counted as extra "successes" on your attempt to reach the wainwright ...
... Or, they can be used as Aid (+2 bonuses) on your own rolls.
Use them as you see fit.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"I've a few tricks up my sleeve. Lets go."

Alex summons some water from his waterskin, it coats his hand in tiny droplets as he begins to sneak out of the building.

Alex lets Davin lead the way to their wagons destination, but along the way he attempts to cause a few distractions.

The group creep around some buildings, keeping to the shadows as much as possible.

------------
Stealth: 7
------------

Alex attempts to keep as quiet as possible, spotting a long gap between two buildings he ushers the group to stop and sends a far hand over to the side, spilling the wood from a stack up against a wall and creating a diversion for them to get past.

-----------
Mage Hand.
Arcana: 26

----------

Alex quickly notes the action rather suspicious, and as soon as they are safely ensconced within the shadows of another house, he summons more water and fahsions it into a tiny hunting horn like Davin's, he gives it a blow, and the sound seems to origionate from where they just were across the street, it is the sound of another pile of wood knocking over and tumbling onto the floor, however, it's purely a magical effect.

------------
Ghost Sound

------------

The last leg of the journey involves more sneaking, and vaulting over a smallish gate into the wagon makers yard before reaching safety.

--------
Stealth: 3
Acrobatics: 17

--------

Rolls
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:16 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis agrees with Davin and quickly helps him move the Maor and cover signs of the struggle. Heading
toward the wainwright Straegis tries to be extra careful not to trip or knock things over while staying
in the shadows as much as possible.

Stealth=20
Athletics=25
Stealth=6
Athletics=22

O.O.C.: Can't believe I finally made a roll for stealth, oh and I took Kardans +2 for my rolls.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - LOL, Straegis - always graceful...Can we apply the extra successes at the end, to see who needs 'em?

*nods to Alex*

To Vangg - "Meet at the wainwright."

I head out, but before we leave, I lend the magic cloak to Alex.

2 Stealth checks = 28, 26
Athletic check = 24
Perception check = 31 (watching for the Maor, holding us back until the coast is clear)

O.O.C. - If anyone has a critical failure that will result in our getting caught, I will use Crucial Advise, allowing them a reroll with a +4 mod.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:Stealth 9 (With the Cloak Added In)
Stealth 5*
Acrobatics 17
Davin wrote:Stealth 28
Stealth 26
Athletic 24
Perception 31
I will use Crucial Advise, allowing ... a reroll with a +4
*Rerolled for Alex: Stealth 24 (Using Davin's Crucial Advice).
Also, I think Straegis only used two to Kardan's +2s, so you have an extra Success in there.

That makes for Twelve Successes and Two failure ...

Moving extra carefully and following Davin and Alex, Straegis moves along the streets of Brackwater. With Davin's advice and the help of a magic cloak, Alex sneaks along, creating diversions and distractions. Watching for Maor, Davin helps the other two as he quietly slides through the shadows. As the group climbs the back fence of the Wainwright's yard, they see no sign of their enemies, and enter the humble store.

That's 292 Xps Each; bringing the entire party to 4243 total,

Did I understand correctly that the cloak is going back to Davin afterwards?

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Around now, Verity and Zypher are approaching the Stewbowl. Verity catches a glimpse of Kardan skipping and stomping through the muddy street, screaming "Straegis! Over here! Quick" and then running away. Kardan sees Verity and raises a shushed finger to his lips before waving away the cavalier. And then, running off again.

A few blocks later, Verity passes a grouped of cloaked figures running down the street in the direvtion he just came from.
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

In the mean time, is Vangg following the plan and roaming the streets in search of Verity?
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Halcyon wrote:Verity pauses for a moment then turns Zephyr back the way Kardan was headed. When he finds the nearest town guard he says, “Excuse me good sir but I fear there be brigands about! I just saw Kardan Voellis, a good townsman of Brackwater and a hero to many, pursued by several cloaked ruffians.” He points. “They headed that way. Now make haste and do not hesitate to sound the alarm for the other guards if you have need.”
Diplomacy 23
Then he heads to the Stewbowl, goes in and looks for his friends.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Malazek wrote:
Halcyon wrote:Verity pauses for a moment then turns Zephyr back the way Kardan was headed. When he finds the nearest town guard he says, “Excuse me good sir but I fear there be brigands about! I just saw Kardan Voellis, a good townsman of Brackwater and a hero to many, pursued by several cloaked ruffians.” He points. “They headed that way. Now make haste and do not hesitate to sound the alarm for the other guards if you have need.”
Diplomacy 23
"Oh? Kardan you say?" The guard replies, "Thank you sir, for the information. I'll get right on that."

Halcyon wrote:Then he heads to the Stewbowl, goes in and looks for his friends.
Assuming Vangg is looking for Verity ...
Verity sees Vangg (and Vangg sees Verity) before he quite reaches the Stewbowl.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Malazek wrote:After entering the yard, the stealthy trio easily enters the wainwright's little office; nobody is there. So, they push on into the remise (coach house) and find Mr. Wright putting the final touches on the wagon. The supplies from the general store have already been delivered, and are piled on the floor next to the wagon.

Mr. Wright greets you as you enter, "Hey there! She's just about finished."
("She" meaning the wagon).
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Swifthand wrote:I nod in response to Mr. Wright, count out 25 gold pieces out of the Maor's purse, and then give it to him, fixing him with a piercing stare.

"My friends and I would like to wait for Her in your back office. But we are not in your back office. As a matter of fact, you have not seen or done any work for us at all...understand?"

"Two more of my companions will be joining us shortly. Come get us when the wagon is loaded and ready, and they have arrived."

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Malazek wrote:"I understand," he says. ... "But how will your COMPANIONS find you if you were never here?"
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Halcyon wrote:Verity approaches Woe Vangg, “Brother Vangg, be you alone? And Kardan pursued? What manner of ill-fortune is this!?”
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Swifthand wrote:
Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Hey everyone, make sure you add your money from selling the art and jewels. It's in the post above where I bought all our provisions.

DM EDIT: BELAY THAT! ... it willl be 61gp and 8sp per person ... but Davin hasn't given it to them yet.

Remember to add this amount when you join me on the wagon. Also add another 54 gold from the Maor's purse.

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Swifthand wrote:"Our companions are a human knight and a skinny dwarf priest, both servants of the Raven Queen. They aleady know that we are here and are coming to meet us."

I place Kardan's cut of the money (61gp, 8sp) in the Maor's purse and hand it to Mr. Wright.

"One other favor. Would you see to it that this purse gets to Kardan Voellis? He frequents the Stewbowl often."

I hide in the office, waiting for the wagon to be done and Vangg and Verity to arrive.

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Malazek wrote:"I swear it shall be done!" is the wainwright's response.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:22 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:After the excitement has worn away, Alex looks sort of glum. He plays with the amulet, turning it over and over in his hands.

"So. Whats the plan then? We hide here and wait for the wagon to be finished and then run for the Imperial city with the Maer at our heels?"

---------
Have I missed something important? WHY are we going to the imperial city? None of this makes sense anymore!
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Stragis' father, Stragis I and the rest of the leaders of the Eladrin military created a scroll that they had to send to the Human military. Straegis II has to deliver this scroll to the leaders of the human army (this information was revealed in Stragis' backstory and in the lizardman village). We are assuming that these leaders are in the Imperial City. We don't know what the scroll says because the scroll is sealed, however, we are assuming they are some kind of military plans. We do know that the information contained within was important enough to warrant sending out 2 scrolls, one a decoy. This leads one to the conclusion that there are factions or enemies that do not want the information in the scroll to get to the people who need it. Also, we know that the Eladrin didn't trust Straegis enough to send him with the real scroll; he just got pissed and decided to take it himself. And, of course, we now know that he is being hunted, and now you and I are, too, heheh. Whether the Maor are hunting us because they are trying to stop the scroll's delivery, or punish Straegis for stealing it is unknown. Further, once we returned to Brackwater, we found out that the Emperor is hiring alot of extra soldiers. There is a rumor that he will begin conscription soldier soon, and if you joined the newly formed army first, you get a cushy job. It seems too much of a coincidence that the Eladrin military leaders are sending secret documents to the Human military leaders while the humans are marshaling an enormous army.

Davin figures the we need to get the scroll delivered, then they have no reason to hunt us anymore, and the problem is out of our hands. Then we can move on to whatever.

Davin watches Alex toying with his amulet. "I suppose - we need to get rid of that scroll, and the Maor have seen us now. I can think of no other way out of this."

Seeing Alex's mood darken, Davin puts on a weak smile. "Do not worry, Alex. We will stay ahead of the Maor and get the scroll delivered, and then all this will be behind us. Perhaps you can even find information on your lost people in the great libraries in the Imperial City?"

"I just wish we could know what is on that scroll...what is so damned important that they would kill their own over it? Of course, you can't mend a seal once broken..."

-Swift
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:24 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"You'll probably find the pages blank anyway. There are spells for concealing such things. It bothers me slightly that they didn't use magic to send the information however, but it must be of some serious importance to warrant both a decoy and specifically including Straegis in the process."

"Getting to the city with, presumably the entire might of an Eladrin army searching for us may be problematic, but that is only half of my worry. I've had no communication from Master Jenna, and as we now have to get to the Imperial city instead of revisiting the Malbog, if she returns an Animal Messenger to me, it may not find me. Of course, she is more than capable of performing sending but it bothers me that she hasn't done so already. At the moment my mind is spontaneously creating a whole number of fantastical nightmares that may have happened in Imil while I've been away. But, perhaps the bird didn't make it." Alex sighs, and glances to the wagon.
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum